Demon Soul's with Soundtrack cd Amazon goldbox 6pm

Eh, picked one up. Same price as new at Gamestop, but without the soundtrack. Watched some youtube videos of this as I was on the fence, and it looks kind of blah, but everyone keeps talking it up so I got it. At least the music should kick @ss, so i hear.

[quote name='Mixer236']$20? This was sub $20 around Black Friday(for about a week or two). Plus, for just $22 you got the same exact bundle and the art book. Pass.[/QUOTE]

I can't help but think back to BF myself. Picked it up for 17 then.

Still 20 is not a bad deal. Not a great but not bad.

[quote name='genfuyung']The fact that its 12-13 dollars on warehouse deals every other day makes this price a joke. My concern with this game is I have very little patience. I dont see a reason to spend a lot of time playing something thats frustrating when I could be playing something fun. So I don't know that I'd get much value from this game lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...because everyone who played this game didn't have fun, we were all miserable.
Give me a break.

One thing I'll say about this game is that it does not baby you. If you make a mistake it will often get you killed. It's very unforgiving and requires a cautious approach. The important thing to realize is that every obstacle in the game is possible to overcome. Sometimes it might seem like the game is being cheap, but it's probably only because you don't know what you're doing. Ultimately I found the challenge to be very rewarding and the gameplay to be extremely enjoyable. 9/10

the firefox addon is called "shopping assistant" version 1.3.4. by the way. it was actually difficult for me to find a couple of months ago from the mozilla's addons page.

[quote name='Strell']List Price: $27.99
Gold Box Discount: - $7.55
Deal Price: $19.99 (29% off)

Sweet math, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

at least the discount percent is right!

$19.99 / $27.99 ~= 0.71418 ~ 0.711
100% - 0.71 = 1 - 0.71 = 0.29 = 29%

anyway... wasn't this $16.xx WITH soundtrack a while back? also what's this about servers closing (any trophies for online)?

Has anyone been paying attention to the availability of the GH version with the Art Book and Soundtrack? I haven't seen it in stock on Amazon since BF but I haven't been watching it like a hawk either.

[quote name='kilik64']how are you NOT a prime member?[/QUOTE]
Prime is $80 a year. I can't afford that for shipping. Instead I have to wait till I have $25 worth of stuff and then place an order and get free slow mo shipping. =\

Believe me, there are times I wish I was a Prime Member, but what can ya do? Life goes on.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Yeah...because everyone who played this game didn't have fun, we were all miserable.
Give me a break.[/QUOTE]
Lol some of the people on this site are truly incredible. It's getting closer and closer to gamefaqs status. I was explaining why it wasn't worth it to me. Nothing to do with anyone else.

The game might be "cheap" with pits and ledges you can fall off and instantly die...but if these things are giving you that much trouble you're probably trying to rush through the game too fast. It's not dynasty warriors, you need to take caution with every step you take. This may seem tedious, but this creates an incredible amount of tension with every step you take that really adds to the immersion of the experience all together. And on top of being cautious, I can't count the number of times I've read a hint on the ground from a player that warns me of an upcoming ambush, pit, treasure, etc. You're definitely given all the tools you need to get through the game while still retaining that challenging experience. One of My top favorite games of all time, but it obviously isn't for those who want a mindless experience.

Regarding the difficulty: I think Demon's Souls is actually a lot like Super Meat Boy, in that once you've put some time into the game and go back to play the first few levels, you think, "Wow, I actually found these levels challenging?" The game really rewards you for actually playing your character and for thinking about fighting as you might think about fighting: you can't just button mash/hack and slash your way to victory in Demon's Souls as you might in Oblivion, for example. You have to dodge; you have to use your shield; you have to know when not to use your shield; you have to think about your surroundings; you have to be conscious of your stamina; you have to adapt to situations; you have to be aware; you have to consider your stamina; you have to consider your weapon selection, and you have to consider the kinds of attacks each weapon can do.

Demon's Souls is a hard game if you come into the game thinking it's going to be like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, where you stab through 15 guys with a single, repetitive button push. Once you learn the game, its mechanics, and think about your class's progression, it becomes a decently challenging, but not overly hard game.

When I go back to world 1 now, I pretty much walk through it. I'm in my third playthrough now, and I haven't died a single time, because you really become adapted to the game.

There's some trial and error in there, sure. But there's also a lot of strategy. It's such a refreshing RPG combat experience: a game that doesn't assume you're an idiot and doesn't hold your hand, which so many games do now. Play the game, bottom line.

bread's done
Back