Demon's Soul Deluxe Edition 59.99 at Fry's

[quote name='alivetilldawn']That's the standard edition.[/QUOTE]
I saw the ad in the Houston paper. It says Deluxe Edition. The picture appears to be the Deluxe box. Where is your proof?

I'll give Amazon on release day to drop the price, otherwise I can just pick it up.

I'm starting to get afraid of keeping my Amazon pre-order now, with prices like $45 already showing up for the standard edition and ads like this. If they do pull another ODST, cold bet your ass they will be hearing from me.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm starting to get afraid of keeping my Amazon pre-order now, with prices like $45 already showing up for the standard edition and ads like this. If they do pull another ODST, cold bet your ass they will be hearing from me.[/QUOTE]

What happened with ODST?

[quote name='Green Card200']What happened with ODST?[/QUOTE]
Amazon dropped the price by $9 on the day of release and tried to screw people out of the pre-order price guarantee unless you complained.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm starting to get afraid of keeping my Amazon pre-order now, with prices like $45 already showing up for the standard edition and ads like this. If they do pull another ODST, cold bet your ass they will be hearing from me.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this for $45? I'd be all over that!

Nice deal, gonna grab this.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='mythus']i wonder if i'd like demon soul. i really hated oblivion and fallout. dunno if this game stays close to that style.[/QUOTE]

Well, Bethesda made both of those games, so that's just their style. If anything, it'd be more like Fable. Or Diablo.

[quote name='jaygood17']The standard edition at Fry's is $49.99. Ad says tomorrow by 8 Am. SJ california at least.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the standard edition will be $49.99. Best bet is to call in the morning (Fry's opens at 8 A.M) and ask for the price and expected availability for the Deluxe edition.

Also in comparison. Fry's had Batman: AA collector's for $79.99 (great deal for me).

[quote name='KiySeph']Just got my deluxe edition from Sunnyvale Frys this morning for 59.99.[/QUOTE]

Sweet that is the same fry's I will be heading to on my lunch break. Just 3 more hours!

[quote name='denshaotoko']Where did you see this for $45? I'd be all over that![/QUOTE]
I would also like to know who has this for $45 since we dont have Fry's in Tampa.

[quote name='progman3']not sure I'm up for the challenge of playing this game. :oops:[/QUOTE]

i hear that. i'm pretty sure i'm not hardcore enough for DS

I called the San Diego Frys they arent going to have the price reduced but the guy on the phone didnt know what I was talking about so it might be on sale.

I just got back from Fry's with my 59.99 Deluxe Edition.

Man, ever since I became a member here, I think I spend more money than I did before.

TRU is not carrying Demon's Souls at all. Sorry. I was in the same boat as you.

OP, or anyone else: could you please provide a scan of the price (or ad) from Fry's? Thanks.

[quote name='anticulture']TRU is not carrying Demon's Souls at all. Sorry. I was in the same boat as you.

OP, or anyone else: could you please provide a scan of the price (or ad) from Fry's? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Killing me softly with his post........
:sniff:

Gonna have to make a treck to Fry's. Anyone hit up the one in Manhattan Beach, CA?

[quote name='wynams']everyone does, west is best[/QUOTE]
Wesssaayyyyyeeeeddd!!!

It's too bad TRU won't be carrying it. Might have to hit up Fry's.

Demon's Souls is still marked at full MSRP on their website. I'd like to price match at Best Buy or something, to save me the long drive. So, again, any of you fine gentlemen have a scan of the ad? Pretty please?

Burbank Fry's had a ton of each edition last night. I didn't realize the ad said that it was released on Wed, I wonder if that's why they didn't sell out, or if it's just too niche of a title.

[quote name='Jodou']Amazon dropped the price by $9 on the day of release and tried to screw people out of the pre-order price guarantee unless you complained.[/QUOTE]

They didn't screw anybody. They refunded the price automatically a day or two after because of their preorder guarentee. If you complained, you got an additional $9 off. Same thing happened with my psp gran turismo preorder, I was crossing my finger that it would be ODST all over again.

but anyways, i'll check out frys and hopefully they are still available after work.

[quote name='anticulture']Demon's Souls is still marked at full MSRP on their website. I'd like to price match at Best Buy or something, to save me the long drive. So, again, any of you fine gentlemen have a scan of the ad? Pretty please?[/QUOTE]

The consensus around here is that BB is not carrying it anytime soon. I hope this is false :booty:

[quote name='acsguitar']Why aren't people carrying this game?[/QUOTE]

Because there are no guns with a first person perspective. Oh and it's not a sequel or EA game either.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Because there are no guns with a first person perspective. Oh and it's not a sequel or EA game either.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

After reading this, ran to the Burbank Fry's (I'm about 3 minutes from it) and bought the Deluxe Edition at the sale price of $59.99. I grabbed the last one on the shelf. Sale ends 10/08, according to the discount sign.

tempting to go down to manhattan beach frys to pick up a copy....... but uncharted 2 comes next week =/ too many games.

[quote name='Zoglog']tempting to go down to manhattan beach frys to pick up a copy....... but uncharted 2 comes next week =/ too many games.[/QUOTE]

wait theres a Fry's in manhattan ny??

[quote name='placebo3369']After reading this, ran to the Burbank Fry's (I'm about 3 minutes from it) and bought the Deluxe Edition at the sale price of $59.99. I grabbed the last one on the shelf. Sale ends 10/08, according to the discount sign.[/QUOTE]

My wife works across the street from that Burbank Fry's. She was nice enough to walk over on her break and grab me a Deluxe Edition, also. Excellent deal, cheaper than Amazon!

Grabbed it in Texas for 60, but of course I was dumb enough to walk around the store, so I still ended up losing money. Found Advance Wars:days of ruin for the DS fro $7.34..

Ended up getting the last Deluxe copy after work yesterday at the Austin location. Thankfully the stocker/inventory guys saw/heard me "ugh" when it wasn't on the shelf and directed me to the NEW RELEASE section elsewhere that had the last Deluxe copy :whee:

bread's done
Back