Demon's Souls - $29.99 - Amazon

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
In stock on June 8th.

51dgiWKv09L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-DS-00132...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1265098522&pf_rd_i=306303011

They don't usually announce greatest hits games until after E3, so this may or may not be the new standard price for DS.

Having a niche game like Demon's Souls as a greatest hits title is just surreal.

Then again, I guess Disgaea was a greatest hits back in the day...

Im gonna have to get this game. Its supposed to be so epic and its supposed to be alot like Kings Field apparantly and thats one of my all time fav games.

The thing a lot of people don't realize is that this game isn't cheap in its difficulty. The enemies always act the same, it's just a matter of studying their patterns. The game at it's core is no harder than an old school NES game, it's just that gamers these days are too used to games holding their hands the whole way through.

This game is easily in my top 5 of all time. Truly a brilliant piece of work.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Having a niche game like Demon's Souls as a greatest hits title is just surreal.

Then again, I guess Disgaea was a greatest hits back in the day...[/QUOTE]

And Odin Sphere, is it niche enough for you?

[quote name='dannyox718']Done!

I actually ordered from GS (same price) in order to use my $10 coupon. Great day today.[/QUOTE]

May I ask where you got said coupon?

FYI, Atlus claims this is a limited time offer (I dont believe them)

http://imageshack.us

[quote name='ass-assassin']This game is really tempting but I'm worried I might end up breaking a controller trying to play it, lol.[/QUOTE]

I certainly did, had to go and buy a controller just to get back to frustrating myself 10 minutes later. Still the best game I have ever played on the PS3, or last 10 years.

[quote name='capcomkid']I certainly did, had to go and buy a controller just to get back to frustrating myself 10 minutes later. Still the best game I have ever played on the PS3, or last 10 years.[/QUOTE]

I did throw a controller once, but it didnt break :)

[quote name='WillGabriel']Just got the following email from Atlus:

demonssouls_2999_top.jpg

And "These retailers" happen to be Amazon and GameStop. So yeah, if you're at all interested, buy it now. Doesn't look like it's a 'greatest hits' reduction.[/QUOTE]

Look 5 posts up....

Being an Atlus game I don't think it will be a greatest hits title. Just speculation on my part though. You may be able to find it for $30 eventually down the road though.

Does anyone know how long this goes for? I'm thinking of borrowing it from a friend before I buy it to see if I'll get too frustrated with it or not. I don't want to miss out on the deal though either.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Being an Atlus game I don't think it will be a greatest hits title. [/QUOTE]

Um, why not? Disgaea and Odin Sphere both made it to Greatest Hits status; this one seemed to be even more successful than those two.

It's not at this price yet in EB's system but the CSR was nice and manually adjusted it for me to $29.99 (she had heard of it as well) so I picked up a copy this afternoon.

Thanks OP!

Hmm, I have the Deluxe Edition, but I might keep that sealed for the time being and just grab a standard copy for Demon's Souls and give'r a go. Hopefully I'll be able to snag something next month, gotta let the CC take a breather lol.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I used to throw a controller at my little brother when he'd beat me in SF II on SNES back in the day.[/QUOTE]

I could just imagine someone throwing an Xbox 360 controller at someone (ouch).

A friend on my PSN list recommended last year I try out this title but never did. I am worried though about the difficulty though since I can become impatient and get mad at games very easily. Plus I really want to take advantage of the Microsoft 2800 points card at Futureshop which is $5 off.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']May I ask where you got said coupon?

[/QUOTE]

From a previous GS purchase that came with the "$10 off future order" coupon.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']And Odin Sphere, is it niche enough for you?[/QUOTE]
Woah. I didn't even know Odin Sphere became a Greatest Hits! I bought it at launch and didn't really hear anything about it. I thought it just fell into obscurity. Good to hear that it sold well enough to become a greatest hits!

I ordered it. Says shipping in 1-3 weeks. I bought "Pirate Radio" on BR and "Shit My Dad Says" the book. Curios to see when it actually all shows up.

Just bought it at EB, thanks for the tip. It was a game I wanted to try but didn't want to pay full price and end up not being able to finish the first dungeon.

I just picked this up at EB. And I am glad I did pick it up at EB, as nowhere else could I get humour like the following:

Sales guy (actually nice guy): Would you like to pick up throw the warranty on that for just $3
Me: I'd rather not pay an additional 10% thanks.
Manager: Actually we see a ton of that game come back with problems.
Me: Really. You think Atlus publishes on inferior discs? I though BD disks were famous for being fairly durable.
Manager: Atlus? No that game. Lots come back.
Me: Well it is supposedly ridiculously hard, I bet a lot of people throw the disc at the wall.
Manager: Well if you are going to waive the safety of that warranty, be very careful with that disc.
Me: I am going to build it it's own felt lined, temp and humidity controlled, oak cabinet, and wear gloves when I put it in PS3.
Manager: Good luck to you son.

(Actually last two lines my pure embellishment, but the rest is true.)

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I just picked this up at EB. And I am glad I did pick it up at EB, as nowhere else could I get humour like the following:

Sales guy (actually nice guy): Would you like to pick up throw the warranty on that for just $3
Me: I'd rather not pay an additional 10% thanks.
Manager: Actually we see a ton of that game come back with problems.
Me: Really. You think Atlus publishes on inferior discs? I though BD disks were famous for being fairly durable.
Manager: Atlus? No that game. Lots come back.
Me: Well it is supposedly ridiculously hard, I bet a lot of people throw the disc at the wall.
Manager: Well if you are going to waive the safety of that warranty, be very careful with that disc.
Me: I am going to build it it's own felt lined, temp and humidity controlled, oak cabinet, and wear gloves when I put it in PS3.
Manager: Good luck to you son.

(Actually last two lines my pure embellishment, but the rest is true.)[/quote]
Pure gold. Damn I hate the guys at EB games sometimes. If I wanted to be treated like an idiot I'd spend more time at my in-laws house.

bread's done
Back