Demon's Souls $49.99 new @ amazon

[quote name='mgsvr']Is this price temporary or it will go up later?[/QUOTE]

Good question, but I think it's safe to assume it's only temporarily dropped due to the relase of MW2 next week. After that, or close to it, I expect the prices of the games to go back to their original price or close to it.

I for one am definitely holding out for Dragon Age to be dropped to $49.99 in the next few days to use my credit and discount on it. If it does drop to $49.99, that means I can get it for free with my current $12 credit and the $40 I'll soon get. :)

[quote name='Casteor']Just got off the phone with amazon-- they told me I will be getting $7 credit back for Demons Souls and it will not void out my deal for the spend $80 and get $40 coupon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you guys talk them into doing this. They keep telling me "well I dont' know who they talked to, but it's our policy to not refund the difference any more if the game has already shipped, and if the price difference is less than $20." Do you remember your representatives name or any other angle you used?

[quote name='espy605']I don't know how you guys talk them into doing this. They keep telling me "well I dont' know who they talked to, but it's our policy to not refund the difference any more if the game has already shipped, and if the price difference is less than $20." Do you remember your representatives name or any other angle you used?[/QUOTE]

Representative's name is Persistence.

(see what I did there?)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Good question, but I think it's safe to assume it's only temporarily dropped due to the relase of MW2 next week. After that, or close to it, I expect the prices of the games to go back to their original price or close to it.

I for one am definitely holding out for Dragon Age to be dropped to $49.99 in the next few days to use my credit and discount on it. If it does drop to $49.99, that means I can get it for free with my current $12 credit and the $40 I'll soon get. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to get my $40 credit toward MW2, and then use the $20 for Dead Space. However, Dead Space is only $19 + Shipping will not be cool. I wonder if I should wait to order Dead Space and Demon's Souls the same time to save shipping cost. However, by then Demon's Souls' price may go up. =(

[quote name='cooljammer00']Anyone know if BB will price match this deal or the Gamestop one?[/QUOTE]

That would be a negative, soldier.

BB and most retail B&M stores never price match online prices. Your best bet is to join the dark side and give your soul to Amazon.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']That would be a negative, soldier.

BB and most retail B&M stores never price match online prices. Your best bet is to join the dark side and give your soul to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Arrgh, I figured they might give a little lee-way, since it's Gamestop, but I guess it's an online only deal.

It's just...I have a ~$20 BB gift card I want to get rid of, and I'm not going to waste it if I don't have to :whistle2:D. I'll give my money to whoever charges me the least.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']He shoots (for the fourth time)...

...and he SCORES!!!

So I decided I had enough with the Indian CS and simply called Amazon CS. I got a nice southern bell named Anita from the US on the line and proceeded to tell her my side of the story.

No hassle, no fuss...she was a pleasure to talk to and even made me laugh a bit. She gladly gave me not $11 for the difference of my Demon's Souls and Borderlands purchase, but $12 into my Amazon account for my next purchase (which I checked and is already in my account) and told me I still get my $40 credit for my order for the Buy $80 Get $40 promo!

For THIS very reason is why I detest the outsourced Amazon CS...it gives Amazon a bad rap.

Anita, you rule! :)[/QUOTE]

How did you swing this? I got an Indian CS via phone and he basically acted like I was making up their price adjustment policy.

I ordered Borderlands and Demon's Souls on Saturday for 54 and 57 to get the 40 credit. I just called and they added a store credit for the difference with no problems. I used my 1 remaining eca code to get 10% off the original total, but they didn't take that into account after the adjusted price so I actually got like 11% off. Sweet.

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']How did you swing this? I got an Indian CS via phone and he basically acted like I was making up their price adjustment policy.[/QUOTE]

you are. technically speaking Amazon does not have to price adjust anything. if they do so its only because they want to make you happy.

[quote name='judgedee']you are. technically speaking Amazon does not have to price adjust anything. if they do so its only because they want to make you happy.[/QUOTE]

Ha! That makes sense, then. I guess everyone else is just luckier than I am. I'm glad I just asked if they had the policy rather than flatly stating they did. I'm not a heavy buyer on Amazon, so I guess I wasn't worth the price adjustment.

You guys have to learn that policies are illusions. There is always an exception to the rule.

As I mentioned, those outsourced fellows in India do not have any real authority...hence you will always get shot down for things of this nature.

Yet...every time, every single time...I speak with a rep from the US...it seems they have the authority. Sure I may buy a lot from them on a consistent basis, but yesterday I simply and calmly told my southern bell of a rep my situation and she helped me out without a fuss. In fact, it was one of the best times I've had speaking with a CS rep.

The outsourced individuals are rude and crude. Perhaps they are much nicer to cows. ;)

EDIT: There is one time where I had an outsourced type over the phone to deal with last year during Black Friday. I ordered three copies of Far Cry 2. As soon as my order ships they drop the price significantly...by about $14 each at least (my total refund for 3 copies was about $45).

Point is...that guy refused to give me a refund for what transpired in only minutes...simply because my order had already begun the shipping process. And he said there was nothing he could do. LOL Little did he know who he was dealing with.

I wore him down to the point of frustration...the kind that produce tears. He acted as if his entire family would be slaughtered before his very eyes, were he to cave into my logic. He kept repeating the same corporate policy, which I would tear to pieces again and again. In a couple of instances it almost sounded like he was trying to hold back tears while arguing with me...the sweet sound of utter defeat.

I then said...sir...I'm 100% sure this call is being recorded, and you have failed again and again to refute my reason and logic toward Amazon's supposed policies. And now...I'd like for you to either consult with your manager or tell him or her that I would like to speak to them...and to let them know I have only just begun.

I was on hold for about over a minute. Same rep returns and says they will refund the difference. Apparently their managers must have been listening in and most likely didn't want to deal with me either. lol

While funny...I still found it a HUGE waste of time...one that I won't bother doing again unless I completely have to. Which is why I'll repeatedly call until I simply get someone from the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ridiculous how arbitrary Amazon's reps are. Call up and speak to Bob, and he shuts you down. Call again and speak to John, and he gives you the refund plus an extra $10 gift certificate for your trouble. Makes you wonder whether there's any management over these people at all.

Got my refund, from an Indian rep. She was more than polite and was able to do so without consulting with anyone else. Probably because the previous rep accidentally hung up on me.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']You guys have to learn that policies are illusions. There is always an exception to the rule.

As I mentioned, those outsourced fellows in India do not have any real authority...hence you will always get shot down for things of this nature.

Yet...every time, every single time...I speak with a rep from the US...it seems they have the authority. Sure I may buy a lot from them on a consistent basis, but yesterday I simply and calmly told my southern bell of a rep my situation and she helped me out without a fuss. In fact, it was one of the best times I've had speaking with a CS rep.

The outsourced individuals are rude and crude. Perhaps they are much nicer to cows. ;)

EDIT: There is one time where I had an outsourced type over the phone to deal with last year during Black Friday. I ordered three copies of Far Cry 2. As soon as my order ships they drop the price significantly...by about $14 each at least (my total refund for 3 copies was about $45).

Point is...that guy refused to give me a refund for what transpired in only minutes...simply because my order had already begun the shipping process. And he said there was nothing he could do. LOL Little did he know who he was dealing with.

I wore him down to the point of frustration...the kind that produce tears. He acted as if his entire family would be slaughtered before his very eyes, were he to cave into my logic. He kept repeating the same corporate policy, which I would tear to pieces again and again. In a couple of instances it almost sounded like he was trying to hold back tears while arguing with me...the sweet sound of utter defeat.

I then said...sir...I'm 100% sure this call is being recorded, and you have failed again and again to refute my reason and logic toward Amazon's supposed policies. And now...I'd like for you to either consult with your manager or tell him or her that I would like to speak to them...and to let them know I have only just begun.

I was on hold for about over a minute. Same rep returns and says they will refund the difference. Apparently their managers must have been listening in and most likely didn't want to deal with me either. lol

While funny...I still found it a HUGE waste of time...one that I won't bother doing again unless I completely have to. Which is why I'll repeatedly call until I simply get someone from the US.[/QUOTE]

While its nice you got the refund, you really should not pester people like that who are just trying to do their job. The funny thing is, is that that rep was just doing his job, and yet you had to treat him like crap until he caved in. As much as I love Amazon wavering on certain issues and giving refunds, the reps who are actually giving refunds when they should not be are the bad employees in my eyes. If it is company policy, then the workers should follow it.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']While its nice you got the refund, you really should not pester people like that who are just trying to do their job. The funny thing is, is that that rep was just doing his job, and yet you had to treat him like crap until he caved in. As much as I love Amazon wavering on certain issues and giving refunds, the reps who are actually giving refunds when they should not be are the bad employees in my eyes. If it is company policy, then the workers should follow it.[/QUOTE]

Then that, my friend, is your prerogative...but not mine. But it in no way makes you correct.

For you to say the "bad" employees are the ones that give the refunds only shows your lack of understanding of the business world, and the world in general.

Policies are rules...laws, if you will...that are ratified as a general aspect to maintain some type of perceived order. But there are situations, in which those rules can have exceptions in light of what is just...or even convenient...to one or more parties.

For instance...to ask for a refund of a price difference 1-12 months after a customer bought it, is reasonably unsound.

To ask for one mere days 1-7, is of rational sound reason. How do I know? Because a CS rep with authority, not only agreed with me...but she herself mentioned it. I even asked her how long she has been with the company...as we made small talk...and she's been there for a little over 5 years.

But then again...by your rationale, I guess Amazon likes rewarding their "bad" employees with prolonged employment. It is the secret to their success. lol

I got the artbook and soundtrack from Amazon.. weird even though my other order of Demon soul for a friend from Amazon did not include the artbook and soundtrack. I guess its all random now. It depends if the person packing your box wants to include it.

sounds good, might get in on this.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']You guys have to learn that policies are illusions. There is always an exception to the rule.

While funny...I still found it a HUGE waste of time...one that I won't bother doing again unless I completely have to. Which is why I'll repeatedly call until I simply get someone from the US.[/QUOTE]

wow... you're a total douche
hopefully amazon will blacklist you, they certainly don't need or want your money
:roll:

[quote name='wbc1228']wow... you're a total douche
hopefully amazon will blacklist you, they certainly don't need or want your money
:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm a douche for not tolerating and allowing MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR corporations to give me the screwjob.

And apparently they do need and want my money, which is why I recently received the refund of $12 for the price differences of Borderlands and Demon's Souls.

...now go back and graze with the other sheep.

bread's done
Back