Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

Well, now, that's pretty awesome since I'll be heading home tomorrow. I have a cross-country flight and won't be home till 10pm or so - and I will have been on East Coast time where I'll be getting up at 6am Eastern Friday after getting about 3 hours of sleep (if I'm lucky). Still working here in the office now :cry:.

But regardless, I'll have to fire up DS and check this out as soon as I get home and say hi to the kids ;).

Now, if anyone is registered there can they ask if the worlds will jump to high WT once the weekend is over if you kill the black phantoms and primeval demons? 'Cause of course it is harder to get everything back to white - getting to black is pretty easy. So I don't want them all stuck at black after the weekend is over with no phantoms or primeval demons left to kill to recover. Or even of it just goes back to where it was that isn't much good.

you guys so if I have beat a level in a world and return when the world is all black WT will the primevils show up?

I have not touched the game in a week or so. Beat Uncharted 2 and tried finishing the Pixel Junk Monsters... also started Little Big Planet GOTY with the wife..

Was planning on coming back to this game this weekend... This is sweet.

You don't need pure black WT for the primevals to show up, only the black phantom NPCs would need pure black.

Atlus didn't really say how they were going to do this. One of the forum admins did mention that they would start changing the worlds on Friday, so it sounds like it will be a gradual thing? Well, we'll find out tomorrow, I guess...

I ran into a cool black phantom. In exchange for helping him transfer some items from one char to another, he gave me 2 pure darkmoonstone plus a +10 purple flame shield.

edit: he also gave me 6 fully upgraded weapons... jeez.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChibiJosh']I ran into a cool black phantom. In exchange for helping him transfer some items from one char to another, he gave me 2 pure darkmoonstone plus a +10 purple flame shield.

edit: he also gave me 6 fully upgraded weapons... jeez.[/QUOTE]

Spread the wealth?

funny as hell how the thread tags are fap fap fap

this game is owning me so bad...im trying to play it without the guide or anything but it seems impossible.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']funny as hell how the thread tags are fap fap fap

this game is owning me so bad...im trying to play it without the guide or anything but it seems impossible.[/QUOTE]

That is truly old-school hardcore. My hat's off to you, because without the guide or Wiki I would've been lost a couple of places. I remember thinking "If I didn't know that's what I was supposed to do, there's no way I would've done it." Stages 2-3 and 3-2 come to mind.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy to play blind in a game that is all about being prepared. Kudos to anyone still hanging in playing like that.

I have the deluxe edition, but I'm playing blind. It gives a greater sense of anticipation that way. Makes it almost feel like a mix of Silent Hill and Metal Gear.

Also, from what you guys are saying, the BP thing could turn into a Diablo-esque gear swap deal. Pretty awesome, I think.

Is there a link someone could give me that describes in full the World Tendencies and the Phantoms. I see a lot of people talking about all white and all black World Tendencies as well as Black and White Phantoms. I have no idea what these are and I don't really understand the links I've found off of google. I also see no mention of it in IGN's guide.

Oh yeah and the 2-2 boss is a bitch.

[quote name='FrankySox']Is there a link someone could give me that describes in full the World Tendencies and the Phantoms. I see a lot of people talking about all white and all black World Tendencies as well as Black and White Phantoms. I have no idea what these are and I don't really understand the links I've found off of google. I also see no mention of it in IGN's guide.

Oh yeah and the 2-2 boss is a bitch.[/QUOTE]

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

[quote name='ChibiJosh']No. You need to be near level 100 to meet me.[/QUOTE]

I am close to this will you help me I believe you are on my friends list:bouncy:

did this give you more trophies?

I will link the Black WT Events for future references
Black World Tendency
Black World Tendency increases enemy HP, damage, exp, and drop (better upgrade stones).
All Primeval Demons DO NOT require Pure Black world tendency to show up. They appear in levels that are close to Pure Black. May drop Colorless Demon's Soul.
All unique NPC Black Phantoms require Pure Black world tendency to show up.

1-1

The door on the left near the starting point will be unlocked. (Pure Black World Tendency)
Black Phantom Executioner Miralda hiding in the left side of the stairwell. Defeat her to get Guillotine Axe. (Pure Black World Tendency)
2x black phantoms near the Red Eyes Knight
1-2

2x black phantoms before the boss
1-3

2x Black Phantom Fat Ministers on top of the highest point of the castle, you might want to have Anti Magic Field ready for this.
They appears in a short passage after the Red Eyes Knight and 3 crossbow soldiers.
They will magically appear and you will be sandwiched between them.
Slowly move to the one behind you and go around it.
After that, you can shoot arrows at them to take them down.
Just be careful of their fireball, but they will stop and laugh before casting, so you should have a lot of time to get away.
Primeval demon after you past the 2 BP ministers you look down from the castle and you will see it(Pure Black World Tendency)
2-1

Primeval demon located outside at the bottom of the building where enemies were chucking boulders — use the moving platform to get there (you can see the big shiny demon below from stairs at the archstone).
May drop Colorless Demon's Soul when killed.
The wheel to activate the platform is inside the building (the 2 rock throwers are at the upper level), search carefully.
Note: not the area where Blacksmith Ed is located.
Black Phantom Pick Axe Wielder added to the 3 Flame Blade Wielder. If you break the barrels and cart straight ahead from here, it will lead to the outside where you can activate the rotating platform to Blacksmith Ed.
Black Phantom Pick Axe Wielder at the last Wooden Bridge left turn before Boss area.
2 Black Phantom Pick Axe Wielder added to the group of Flame Blade wielder and stone throwers (they are alert to rear approach also). Note: there is a Crystal Gecko in front of them.
2-2

Wanderer Scirvir (Black Phantom)
Drops Talisman of Beast when killed.
You may want to cast Anti-Magic Field to prevent him from casting Fireball.
If you can wield a heavy weapon, knock him off the cliff to kill him instantly.
Don't worry about his loot at the bottom, just Load the game and his loot will be at his original position in the tunnel.
Note: There is a Crystal Gecko in the cave with him.
If you've shown him the Dragon Bone Smasher, he will still appear - (confirmed)
Black Phantom Bearbug (small one) on path uphill from Filthy Man (Vendor), near the crystal gecko spawn location.
Black Phantom Bearbug (small one) at location where there are 3 worms, right in front of the tunnel leading to the lava area.
Black Phantom Bearbug (small one) at lava area, in front of middle passage.
3-1

Black Phantom Mind Flayer outside the door on 1F behind the Legion enemy, towards Ballista
Black Phantom Mind Flayer where the 2 jailer's corridors come together at the exit door and 2 guards patrol
Black Phantom Mind Flayer on the open path between the jailer's corridor exit and the first tower
2F, Black Phantom Rydell standing outside of his cell on the landing. He will still appear whether you have freed him or not.
Drops the unique Phosphorescent Pole if defeated.
3-2

Two Black phantom Face Worms at the swamp (Black World Tendency)
One Black Phantom Face Worm on bridge leading to second chain tower, just past the Crystal Gecko
Primeval demon at the swamp, where the boardwalk leads to a dead end on land. (Pure Black World Tendency)
4-1

Satsuki (phantom) shows up at the entrance, drops Gripless katana (Pure Black World Tendency)
Black Phantom Silver Skeleton with Swordshows up at the first set of stairs. (Black World Tendency)
Black Phantom Silver Skeleton with Sword opposite the cliff. (Black World Tendency)
Black Phantom Golden Skeleton at location of Adjudictator's Shield. (Black World Tendency)
Black Phantom Golden Skeleton along the edge of the cliff. (Black World Tendency)
Black Phantom Silver Skeleton with Bow along the edge of the cliff. (Black World Tendency)
4-2

Primeval demon within the left staircase (has a breakable wall/archway) near the first reaper. (Pure Black World Tendency). After killing the Dual-Katana wielding skeleton, look for a pathway along the left side of the cliff to walk up. About half way up you should see it, a crystal gecko appears right before it.
Two Black Phantom Golden Skeletons outside on cliffside after the second reaper.
One Black Phantom Dual Katana Skeleton outside on cliffside after the second reaper.
5-1

Black Phantom normal Goblins added at several points (one dropped an Ephemeral Eye)
5-2

Black Phantom giant goblin at the last island of the first swamp with the first giant goblin (dropped Ephemeral Eyes every time)
Black Phantom giant goblin after the slug nest standing with 2 normal giant goblins
Black Phantom giant goblin before the boss area, sort of near the goblin shaman
Black Phantom Selen Vinland (Pure Black World Tendency), drops Blind.
Primeval demon at the end of the swamp, before going up the path that leads to the chain tower (Pure Black World Tendency)
May drop Colorless Demon's Soul when killed…

From the wiki

[quote name='FrankySox']Oh yeah and the 2-2 boss is a bitch.[/QUOTE]

You're telling me, man. I decided to start a second game as a Knight and was pretty much untouchable through 1-1, 2-1 and 2-2 ... right until the boss. So much for going for pure white.

To get pure white just suicide and revive a few times (and return to Nexus every death) to get pure black. Then kill the npc black phantom and a primeval demon (this will get you very close but you have to kill both without returning to nexus). Now just kill one boss and then you will be in pure white.

[quote name='sotc1988']To get pure white just suicide and revive a few times (and return to Nexus every death) to get pure black. Then kill the npc black phantom and a primeval demon (this will get you very close but you have to kill both without returning to nexus). Now just kill one boss and then you will be in pure white.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the big question is if we do this during the special weekend, will it go to pure white then still, or after the weekend is over, or not at all since everything might get reset? In that last case, then you are screwed because the black phantom NPC and primeval demons will be gone.

I may just use the opportunity to farm some hard-to-find stones and then play like normal (doing the WT stuff) after the weekend. In particular, I'd like to score spiderstones from 2-2 where otherwise I have already done the WT events. I was going to make that black again the hard way (suicide, ephemeral eyes) just to do that so this weekend will save me time and stones of ephemeral eyes.

[quote name='bjstucker']I am close to this will you help me I believe you are on my friends list:bouncy:

did this give you more trophies?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't mind helping you sometime. I got like 6 or 7 of the upgrade trophies.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but the big question is if we do this during the special weekend, will it go to pure white then still, or after the weekend is over, or not at all since everything might get reset? In that last case, then you are screwed because the black phantom NPC and primeval demons will be gone.

I may just use the opportunity to farm some hard-to-find stones and then play like normal (doing the WT stuff) after the weekend. In particular, I'd like to score spiderstones from 2-2 where otherwise I have already done the WT events. I was going to make that black again the hard way (suicide, ephemeral eyes) just to do that so this weekend will save me time and stones of ephemeral eyes.[/QUOTE]
Don't play online then.

Hmmmm...how do I find more time....kids birthday party tonight....Halloween tomorrow....sheesh....and I just finished up 1-1.....stupid upper respiratory infection.

I am pretty much addicted though...just not sure if I like the Hunter or not....hard to go back when I am already SL16....but that's not far into the game...and, like everyone else, I have learned a lot grinding my way through 1-1.

Playing right now and my WT's are all white...not really sure how to tell if they are black or not unless the world literally gets darker?

[quote name='SynGamer']Playing right now and my WT's are all white...not really sure how to tell if they are black or not unless the world literally gets darker?[/QUOTE]

Naw, you just check the WT status screen like normal. When an Archstone is black, you'll know the WT for that particular world is black as well.

In 2-1 grinding a bit. At Soul Level 25 right now I believe, would like to be able to kill the miners in one shot (Soul Arrow). Right now I basically take them down to just a sliver of health and it's kind of annoying.

Last night I just did up to the second fog in 4-1. Took out Vanguard...decided to try arrows since he just stands there and let's you plink him. I forgot the "shiny shiny", but I guess I'll just run through it again later. I'm wondering if I should just grind in 2-1 also.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']All. You may need to log out and then back in for it to work.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'll have to finish 3-1 and 5-1 real quick before I log on.

i am half way through the game probably but I am about to log on and do what I can with whatever worlds I can.

There is no side effect to this correct? As in will I kill something that I need to keep for a WT first? I keep my spoilers to the minimum, but this is a special weekend.

It's not really clear what exactly is going to happen after the event is over. Will Atlus reset the WT to default/white? I dunno, but offhand I think that's what's going to happen. If you're going to play online, then you might as well just play to have fun and not worry too much about WT/CT. If you're pushing for a specific playthrough or have specific goals you're in the middle of trying to accomplish, I guess you can just play offline until the event is over.

Oh no I am going online. No sense in skipping it... I mean what would they do next? All White on Christmas, I doubt it.

Hmm not all black here...

You may need to log out and back in 2 or 3 times. The first time I did it, it wasn't pure black because I went to 1-1 to kill BP Miralda and she wasn't there, so I logged out and back in, and she was there the second time.

BPs on the first 3 worlds dead. I died about 5 times trying to beat Satsuki on 4. The graverobber ring doesn't work so well with him. Doesn't really matter since I already have 2 of the weapon that he drops. I can't see myself getting to the BP on 5-2 since I haven't beaten 5-1 yet.

bread's done
Back