Asus P5K-VM MicroATX Mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
G.Skill 2GB DDR2-800 RAM
Thermaltake 430w PSU
EVGA 256MB 8600GT Video Card
Western Digital 320GB HDD
LITE-ON DVD/CD Burner with LightScribe
$587.43
(general purpose computer; internet, music, aim, word processing, some 720p movies/tv shows played in the VLC player)

Logitech Z-5500 from buy.com after GCO
$255.99

Xbox Live Vision 12 Month Gold Bundle, Orange Box 360, The Office Season 3 DVD as one package from buy.com after GCO
$142.86

= $986.28

Not to mention that almost $300 some dollars in my pocket.

or

Mid-range white Macbook= $1312

And the motherboard is very expandable in a year or two I can throw a Quad-core or Core 2 Extreme, 4GB of RAM, and an 8800GT or whatever in it if I want to. Not to mention 4 DDR2-800/DDR2-1066 slots for up to 8GB RAM, 6 USB ports and 1 firewire port(fw is good to hook up the camcorder), Coaxial out so I can plug into the Z-5500.

I think the choice is pretty obvious.

I was just amazed I could get a desktop PC that outperforms the Macbook in pretty much everyway, a really really nice set of 5.1 surround sound, the XBL vision camera I have been wanting since it came out plus I have to renew Live, Orange Box which I have been dying to play, and I've needed The Office S3 DVD to catch up on the few episodes I missed. Then on top of all of that I also save $400!

For some people though still the Macbook is more logical for some but I'm a highschool student using his summer job money(which means I'm trying to save every dime and nickel) and I pretty much never need a computer outside of the house.

For a good month though I was planning out a Macbook though.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I was just amazed I could get a desktop PC that outperforms the Macbook in pretty much everyway, a really really nice set of 5.1 surround sound, the XBL vision camera I have been wanting since it came out plus I have to renew Live, Orange Box which I have been dying to play, and I've needed The Office S3 DVD to catch up on the few episodes I missed. Then on top of all of that I also save $400!

For some people though still the Macbook is more logical for some but I'm a highschool student using his summer job money(which means I'm trying to save every dime and nickel) and I pretty much never need a computer outside of the house.

For a good month though I was planning out a Macbook though.[/quote]

You can't compare an cumbersome gaming desktop with a light portable user oriented laptop. It's apples and oranges.

Macbooks are a bastion of user-friendly design philosiphy, they've just been so overpriced since they've become 'in'. I walk into my Art History class on campus and there are about twenty macbooks glowing in the dark lecture hall.

bread's done
Back