Despicable Me $10 e-Movie Cash on select Blu-ray at Best Buy.

jdeluis

CAGiversary!
Best Buy has a display at the end of the aisle with Select Titles that include $10 e-Movie Cash to see Despicable Me. The Majority of titles were priced at $19.99.

Bruce Almighty ($12.99)
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
Land of the Lost
The Incredible Hulk
Fletch
The Tale of Despereaux
Couples Retreat
Mama Mia
Cirque du Freak: A Vampire's Assistant
Caroline
Fast & Furious

I Picked up Fast & Furious.

Make sure they have the yellow $10 e-Movie Cash sticker on the front.

If I remember correctly,
Fletch $12.99
Mamma Mia $14.99
Land of the Lost $14.99

I am considering getting Fletch since I already own 9, Coraline, IH, and F&F.

Fletch is $12.99 -- was looking to pick it up anyway and with the free movie ticket, it was time.

Just a heads up, the $10 movie cash can be found on regular DVDs as well. At Target I believe I saw Hitch for $6.50 with the $10 cash

Quick heads up...I bought some I Now Pronounce... and Fletch for in-store pick-up and none of the copies in the story had the credit...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is Fletch any different on Blu? I assume it's the same as the HDDVD version since they both came out at the same time IIRC[/QUOTE]

No idea about the Bluray/HDDVD comparison, but I imagine they're identical. The Bluray is a noticeable but not tremendous step up from the DVD. About what you'd expect for a mid-80s comedy. Extra features are nothing exciting, apparently the same as the 2nd DVD release (I had the first release with no extras at all, so at least there's something, but the documentary is pretty lame).

UPDATE:

Just wanted to let everybody know that the Best By ad for 7/4 - 7/10 will have the select titles below for $14.99.

The Tale of Despereaux
Caroline
The Incredible Hulk
Land Of the Lost

Make sure they have the yellow $10 e-Movie Cash sticker on the front.

Best Buy website currently has Bruce Almighty and Fletch for $9.99

www.bestbuy.com/despicableme

Don't own

Fletch
The Tale of Despereaux
Couples Retreat
Mama Mia
Cirque du Freak: A Vampire's Assistant

Cirque Du Freak good?

I enjoyed it in theaters, don't see myself seeing it more than once though.

Good heads up op - would like ta kno more about if DVDs have th code as well.

Thanks,

Picked up Mama Mia, Chuck and Larry and Fletch from Amazon. No tax free shipping. $37 + 3 movie tickets ($9.00 each for my local theater). Really want to see Despicable Me anyway.......IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!

[quote name='Jgel']Thanks,

Picked up Mama Mia, Chuck and Larry and Fletch from Amazon. No tax free shipping. $37 + 3 movie tickets ($9.00 each for my local theater). Really want to see Despicable Me anyway.......IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!![/QUOTE]

Just so I didn't miss something if I order 3 I am supposed to get 3 movie tickets correct?????

Yes you get 3 tickets for 3 movies.

EDIT: On Amazon they send an email instead of the sticker, so you only can redeem one ticket, regardless of how many movies you order. Sorry for the misinfo earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to put in an order for Bruce Almighty, Fletch and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry through Amazon until I read the terms and conditions.

Terms and conditions of this promotion: Only purchases of select DVD and Blu-ray Disc movies from Amazon.com qualify. Limited to one offer/one promotional code per customer.
Looks like I'll be stopping by Best Buy tomorrow so that I can get three codes.

Put in an in-store pickup order at Best Buy for 9, with a $10 digital cert to knock it down to $10 + tax. Free movie after movie admission money FTW.

[quote name='shrike4242']Put in an in-store pickup order at Best Buy for 9, with a $10 digital cert to knock it down to $10 + tax. Free movie after movie admission money FTW.[/QUOTE]

What is this '$10 digital cert' that you referred to?

Just got back from Best Buy and some of the prices have dropped for the week, even though the BB ad does not show all the titles that are on sale.

Bruce Almighty ($9.99)
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry ($9.99)
Land of the Lost ($14.99)
The Incredible Hulk ($14.99)
Fletch ($9.99)
9 ($19.99)
The Tale of Despereaux ($14.99)
Mama Mia ($14.99)
Coraline ($14.99)
Fast & Furious ($14.99)

Picked up Coraline and Fast & Furious again because it dropped $5 from last week.

$20 for '9'? :whistle2:k

Technically it will be $10 since I am planning on seeing this movie...I was just hoping for at least $15.

Maybe I'll just go with Chuck & Larry.

For anyone that's already picked up their movie, was the movie cash coupon stuck on the outside of the case or was it packed inside the case?

My local BB that I did my in-store pickup order was more than a little clueless about it.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that's already picked up their movie, was the movie cash coupon stuck on the outside of the case or was it packed inside the case?

My local BB that I did my in-store pickup order was more than a little clueless about it.[/QUOTE]
It's om the back of the sticker that shows Despicable me.

[quote name='freeorelse']It's om the back of the sticker that shows Despicable me.[/QUOTE]So, was that a sticker on the outside of the package for the coupon?

I don't suppose you could grab a picture of the front of the sticker (without the code, obviously) and post it in the thread?

IMG_9488.jpg

Thanks.

My local BB did have these, on an end-cap with a nice big sign. Swapped it for the one they picked for my in-store pickup, and all was fixed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes you get 3 tickets for 3 movies.[/QUOTE]

Nope :drool: Just sent and email to amazon because I only got one code from them. They said they can only offer one no matter how many I buy. Looks like I will be returning 2 of the movies to amazon and going to Best Buy. Shame really, but not a big deal I guess.

Oh it's sent by email through Amazon? I'm really sorry for the misinformation then, I just assumed it'd be a sticker like the ones on BB. That's kind of dumb

I inquired with Amazon and posted the terms and conditions, last night. They said the only way that one could get multiple codes is if they used multiple accounts as each would be treated as a separate customer.

Just a word of warning.. I ran into some trouble at best buy returning some of the previous movie ticket promotion dvds(a-team predators, knight and day). I already had purchased some of the promitional movies, so I wanted to return the duplicates with the movie ticket untouched.

I think they are saying I opened and returned them. Either that or they are saying I removed the security tag out of them. I really have no idea. The guy would only tell me "you know what you did" and he had called the cops.

I am working it out with customer relations. If anyone is a besy buy employee, I have a few questions about these movies.. I spoke to to another stores general manager and this is what he told me:

1: those movies don't come through the normal supply chain. They shipped to the stores from the movie studios for the promotions.

2: someone in charge of the promotion comes in and sets those movies up on an endcap if there is room.

I think they are getting shipped inventory that is either been opened or is coming in as take backs from another store (Circuit city, block buster, ect).

It was quite upsetting to me.. I probably blow $200 a month alone on movies in their store. I am a rewardzone silver member and I have never done any of the stuff I read people doing..

I think they are trying to hide something. The store general manager where it happened will not talk to me and has yet to respond to customer relations requests for more info(Its been 4 days). I hate to throw out the race card, but I am starting to think something along those lines..

If anyone has any idea whats going on or how I can get to the bottom of this, please let me know. Sorry to make such a bummer post...

^^^^^
Sounds like just a really high loss store looking to lose another customer to me. Just take them back to another location and forget about it.

[quote name='freeorelse']^^^^^
Sounds like just a really high loss store looking to lose another customer to me. Just take them back to another location and forget about it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. So you think its a simple as the store us upset that I returning stuff to their store?

[quote name='mrbill2084'] The guy would only tell me "you know what you did" and he had called the cops.
[/QUOTE]

thats messed up

[quote name='mrbill2084']J I hate to throw out the race card, but I am starting to think something along those lines..[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You really think they're being racist? Honestly why don't you just stop going there, Best Buy's prices aren't that great for movies compared to online retailers. fuck them if they're going to treat a customer like that.

Returned 2 of the 3 I got from Amazon and I picked up Chuck and Larry and Mama Mia today from Best Buy. Also went and saw Despicable Me today with the Movie Cash. Not as good as I was hoping, but not bad. But man I love Movie Cash. What a great promo it is.

Picked up Land of the Lost and Fletch, after the 10 bucks each (3d showing so it will use all 10 bucks) and tax I paid 6 bucks for both, damn good deal.

bread's done
Back