Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

I think the game is going to be a hit. I just need to make it through the campaign to open it up. The problem is that there is SO MUCH STUFF to Examine through each mission and I'm starting to be paranoid about missing anything. I don't think the game has a concept of Grimoire cards and points so I'm not sure if there is a point to Examining everything, but I feel compelled to do so. :)
I kept looking for loot boxes. There seemed to be so many in the EDZ as compared to finding them in D1. Also thought I might find damaged ghosts as compared to dead ghosts in D1.

I kept looking for loot boxes. There seemed to be so many in the EDZ as compared to finding them in D1. Also thought I might find damaged ghosts as compared to dead ghosts in D1.
Every time I turn around i'm killing a high profile target (or whatever they're called) and getting a chest drop. That is definitely not a complaint. I have a feeling the shader system is going to give me some headaches, but i'm not there yet.

so.....whats everyone thinking? I'm only at level 7, power 75,but damn how fun is this game?
I love it. I'm level 9 and still on Titan, but there's so much to do! I could easily just explore and ignore the story for a few days (but I won't).

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Is there anything that is equal or comparable to dead ghosts in D2?  I haven't found anything, but I'm taking my sweet time and looking at everything!  I have seen a lot of little touches.  For instance, Devrim is using No Land Beyond! 

I am keeping myself disciplined and trying to get through the story so I can open everything up. But it is so hard not to do those Adventure missions or public events.  The flip side is that I'm not getting a lot of experience so I'm actually behind the curve on XP for the story missions and some have been pretty challenging so far.  I'm at Io and level 13 or so.

I did get my Poptart text back so maybe tonight I'll use the XP bonus thing.  It would actually have been very useful for me last night.

I never did get the one from the Gamestop receipt.  So actually, even if I get the Poptart one I might not be able to use it.  That redemption error on the Bungie site is killing me.  I'm going to see if I can do it through the companion app.  I haven't even opened that yet.

SO.. What is everyone picking for their exotic weapon?  I'm surprised it isn't being discussed here.  I almost stopped playing at that choice to go online to research them but in the end I just said eff it, I'll just pick one.  I went with the Pulse rifle, which turned out to be an excellent choice since the very next mission was full of void-shield Minotaurs.

EDIT: OK, the code finally redeemed on the companion app - just didn't work on the web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am keeping myself disciplined and trying to get through the story so I can open everything up. But it is so hard not to do those Adventure missions or public events. The flip side is that I'm not getting a lot of experience so I'm actually behind the curve on XP for the story missions and some have been pretty challenging so far. I'm at Io and level 13 or so.

I did get my Poptart text back so maybe tonight I'll use the XP bonus thing. It would actually have been very useful for me last night.

I never did get the one from the Gamestop receipt. So actually, even if I get the Poptart one I might not be able to use it. That redemption error on the Bungie site is killing me. I'm going to see if I can do it through the companion app. I haven't even opened that yet.

SO.. What is everyone picking for their exotic weapon? I'm surprised it isn't being discussed here. I almost stopped playing at that choice to go online to research them but in the end I just said eff it, I'll just pick one. I went with the Pulse rifle, which turned out to be an excellent choice since the very next mission was full of void-shield Minotaurs.

EDIT: OK, the code finally redeemed on the companion app - just didn't work on the web site.
I haven't even gotten that far. About the only person on my friends list close to my light level is chubby. Like him I've been taking my time and not rushing. I find I personally get more enjoyment out of it when I do and have been doing it since the Taken King.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I haven't even gotten that far. About the only person on my friends list close to my light level is chubby. Like him I've been taking my time and not rushing. I find I personally get more enjoyment out of it when I do and have been doing it since the Taken King.

See I thought I was taking my time and WAY behind everyone because nearly everyone on my friends list last night was already level 20 (when I was still 8 or so - got to 13 by the time I went to bed though).

Is there anything that is equal or comparable to dead ghosts in D2? I haven't found anything, but I'm taking my sweet time and looking at everything! I have seen a lot of little touches. For instance, Devrim is using No Land Beyond!
He's also using the voice of the Cryptarch in The Vestian Outpost.

I noticed some people on the roster have their light and level displayed, while others have their light and number of kills listed. Anybody know why there's a difference?

I noticed some people on the roster have their light and level displayed, while others have their light and number of kills listed. Anybody know why there's a difference?
I just picked up an emblem for my Warlock that displays kills with Dawn Blade.

I finished the night at level 14/144.  I feel like I'm progressing pretty well and having a good time. Next up, IO (the moon, not the CAG).

Looking for off topic advice. I see some you mentioned having a Switch would you say yes or no on a warranty? It's for Christmas and we got it today for my 10 year old son. I hoping it stays docked as much as possible but eventually I see it going mobile. It would be $60 for two years at GS.

Since my Destiny partner has been offline for a few days, I've held off progresing through the story and just been running around the EDZ with my Warlock (second character).  I'm pretty sure he'll be level 20 before I leave the EDZ.

Looking for off topic advice. I see some you mentioned having a Switch would you say yes or no on a warranty? It's for Christmas and we got it today for my 10 year old son. I hoping it stays docked as much as possible but eventually I see it going mobile. It would be $60 for two years at GS.
I used to buy them all the time on any product. Then I learned that in general extended warranties are not good on the consumer side. They're good money makers for whoever is selling them. So now ai purchase them more selectively.

I ask myself

What would it cost to fix the item?
What would it cast to replace the item?
Does it already have a manufacturer's warranty?
Is the item known to be prone to defects or failure?
How much wear and tear will the item take?
Will the most likely methods for damage be dropped?

Seems like you're thinking along those lines too. Children tend to put more wear and tear on items, but that can also depend from child to child. Switches are fairly new but I haven't heard anything about a high failure rate (if someone else knows otherwise I'm sure they'll chime in). There's also the peice of mind to consider. Some like having the security of the extended warranty.

Sometimes I choose to use the money I would spend on the extended warranty on protective gear instead.

In the end it's like any insurance. You're betting on an unknown future you hope doesn't happen.

I say no. We got it for me and my 9 year old son. He's okay with electronics, not great....not horrid. I haven't run into one of those store warranties that have ever paid off for me. That's just my take on it. UB's thought process above is a good way to consider it's worth.

Oh, plus, it seems like its made rather well. it feels solid and just like it could take a few hits before dying on you.

I used to buy them all the time on any product. Then I learned that in general extended warranties are not good on the consumer side. They're good money makers for whoever is selling them. So now ai purchase them more selectively.

I ask myself

What would it cost to fix the item?
What would it cast to replace the item?
Does it already have a manufacturer's warranty?
Is the item known to be prone to defects or failure?
How much wear and tear will the item take?
Will the most likely methods for damage be dropped?

Seems like you're thinking along those lines too. Children tend to put more wear and tear on items, but that can also depend from child to child. Switches are fairly new but I haven't heard anything about a high failure rate (if someone else knows otherwise I'm sure they'll chime in). There's also the peice of mind to consider. Some like having the security of the extended warranty.

Sometimes I choose to use the money I would spend on the extended warranty on protective gear instead.

In the end it's like any insurance. You're betting on an unknown future you hope doesn't happen.
Only known issue I believe was with the joycon losing sync. I ran into it and sent mine in. Nintendo had it fixed within a few days and I had it back before the weekend. Their customer service has always been great in my experience. The joycon issue is supposed to be fixed now as well.

Heads up, clan progression now live:

"In order to earn XP for your clan, it will need at least two members, and you'll need to have a clan banner in your inventory. You can obtain this by talking to Hawthorne with each of your characters once you've joined a clan."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-clan-features-are-now-live-heres-how-to-/1100-6453221/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DAMMIT

I WANT TO SHOOT THINGS IN THE FACE BUT I'M STUCK AT WORK.

I'm actually working from home today and there have been times when I've stared longingly over at my game room, ha!!  Tonight will be here soon enough.  I do find that the past few days I've been REALLY bored with work and have had no initiative to do jack around the house.  I gots teh Destiny fever!

I'm stuck in Puerto Rico with no lights or internet. I want to be playing Destiny so bad. Won't play for a month or so.

I'm actually working from home today and there have been times when I've stared longingly over at my game room, ha!! Tonight will be here soon enough. I do find that the past few days I've been REALLY bored with work and have had no initiative to do jack around the house. I gots teh Destiny fever!
Oh god we're all infected!

Hope fully I can purge myself this weekend.

It's official

b19b0a9d40f9cd21f845bb4bc8f00c41.jpg

For those that are new to Destiny 2 and don't know which class would best suit them, here is a pretty good primer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgZY7hQP7Ug

Yeah family and I are good. Grateful for it. I have a generator for power for a couple of hours a day but internet service is down for the count.

Stay safe, brother!! When you are back up and running if you need a hand catching up quickly, give the group here a shout. I'll jump in to run stuff with ya.

Feel free guys to add buddies you play with to the clan too that aren't CAG. Doesn't look like we will get near the 100 limit any time soon and the more people we have in there the more rewards we will get! :)

Heads up, clan progression now live:

"In order to earn XP for your clan, it will need at least two members, and you'll need to have a clan banner in your inventory. You can obtain this by talking to Hawthorne with each of your characters once you've joined a clan."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-clan-features-are-now-live-heres-how-to-/1100-6453221/

I joined a while back and I thought I talked to everyone. Where's Hawthorne?

I used an XP booster last night and got from level 13 to 20+ in just a few hours. It made a huge difference. I even leveled up once beyond 20 to get another bright engram. I already got some legendary gear from that including a ship.

I'm a little confused on the campaign though - I have no markers on any of my maps for the story. I think the last thing I did was to disable the big ship thing. Now there's nothing to do. That's why I went around to talk to everyone - to see if that triggered something. But maybe I missed someone.

So at the end of the session I just did strikes and some public events.

I joined a while back and I thought I talked to everyone. Where's Hawthorne?

I used an XP booster last night and got from level 13 to 20+ in just a few hours. It made a huge difference. I even leveled up once beyond 20 to get another bright engram. I already got some legendary gear from that including a ship.

I'm a little confused on the campaign though - I have no markers on any of my maps for the story. I think the last thing I did was to disable the big ship thing. Now there's nothing to do. That's why I went around to talk to everyone - to see if that triggered something. But maybe I missed someone.

So at the end of the session I just did strikes and some public events.
How did you apply the xp boost?

How did you apply the xp boost?
I think they were at the postmaster, and then I just used one from my inventory. It took a while for me to figure out it was actually working. There is a little icon on your character screen.

Also, I had gotdott jump into my game when I was on patrol, which was like my first multiplayer thing in ages.  Like I said earlier (maybe in the old thread) I hadn't used my headset in months.  I found it and plugged it in but I couldn't hear him.  Then again, I seem to remember him playing silent late at night.  So if you see this, gotdott, I just wanted to know if that was the case again or if I have some issue with comms on my end.

Thanks guys, finally way able to pick up the Ghost Vinyl from Target yesterday. These things sure were hard to find.

Beat the game last night with my buddy and just grinding for light now. It was an enjoyable campaign, but nothing "amazing"

While playing the story, I noticed something or could just be entirely wrong

After finding Cayde-6, it looked like he had his Ghost and it was functioning. When your character walks up to him hiding behind something, a Ghost pops up and he is pushing it down and like "hush hush ghost, don't want to be found out now" or something along those lines.

I thought only your character has the light and when Ghaul took the light all Ghost ceased to function?

I dunno, someone enlighten me please.

Yeah, so that new friend you meet on Nessus? Best NPC ever? Might be.
That AI is my new girl friend.

Way better than my turn-by-turn GPS girlfriend with the British accent. She was always talking down to me telling me I was going the wrong way on road trips. And who the hell calls it a motorway? We won that war 250 years ago so it's called a highway. Or an expressway. Or a byway. But definitely not a driveway. Because you park on driveway, but you drive on the parkway.

While playing the story, I noticed something or could just be entirely wrong
After finding Cayde-6, it looked like he had his Ghost and it was functioning. When your character walks up to him hiding behind something, a Ghost pops up and he is pushing it down and like "hush hush ghost, don't want to be found out now" or something along those lines.

I thought only your character has the light and when Ghaul took the light all Ghost ceased to function?

I dunno, someone enlighten me please.
I just got to that part last night and had the same thought.
I didn't see if it was damaged, but I blew it off assuming it was really jacked up like ours was at first.
I haven't finished the campaign yet, so I guess I'll see what happens next if there is any more indication of some shenanigans.

That AI is my new girl friend.

Way better than my turn-by-turn GPS girlfriend with the British accent. She was always talking down to me telling me I was going the wrong way on road trips. And who the hell calls it a motorway? We won that war 250 years ago so it's called a highway. Or an expressway. Or a byway. But definitely not a driveway. Because you park on driveway, but you drive on the parkway.
Oh my gosh, I know. She is the cutest sounding thing ever in a game.

bread's done
Back