Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Level 14, really loving the game so far. The graphics are unbelievable. Can't wait to get to 20 and start grinding for those purples and yellows.

So I got a purple Crucible emblem from the clan - that was nice.  I haven't even touched Crucible yet myself ;).

Now that I finished the story on my Titan and hit level 20 I'm not sure what to do other than grind for stuff.  Is there somewhere that lists out all the things you can do?  Any ideas which ones give you the best return?

I know there are the Cayde stashes (treasure chests he sells you maps for).  I found a few of those last night.  There's grinding patrols and public events and finding lost sectors.  There's strikes, and trying to get to 230 for the Nightfall I suppose.  And I guess doing milestones nets you different rewards.  One gave me an exotic engram which turned into the exact same pulse rifle I picked out of the 3 weapons earlier.  But at least this one is much higher light.  Ikora has these "Meditatons" which seem to be like the original game's Heroic versions of story missions.  I suppose I could jump into Crucible but I cringe at 4-player and don't have any weapons I really like yet.  And you can grind for tokens on all the worlds and level up those factions, along with the Gunsmith. 

What is everyone else doing once the story is over?

Also, I never seemed to have gotten the sparrow from the Pop Tarts thing.  They gave me a code for the XP boost but that was it.

Minor things that annoy me: 1) Consumable shaders.  It is nice being able to color individual pieces separately but not with consumables.  Now I'll never use the rarer ones thinking I'll always find better gear to use them on.  Unless I'm missing something. 2) OK, other than 4-playher crucible I know I had another one but I got distracted and forgot ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah - OK, never mind.  I do have the Sparrow.  I was expecting to get a legendary one in the post or something but apparently the blue one I picked up from Amanda is the one that was unlocked.

So, uh, what is "Trials of the Nine"?  I see that in Clan activities as something we should be doing together.

Well, okee dokee, I finished the campaign and go to rank 20 easily.  Very, very cool.  I like where you end up at the end. Now to start grinding because I'd like to hit the Nightfall before too long and you need to be 230 for that to unlock.  I'm at 211 now. 

Regarding Cayde...
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more he seems to be up to something.  He did have his Ghost on Nessus and it didn't show up at any other point, no mention, nothing.  He was also acting sketchy with the portal at the end, too.  I don't know.  I love that guy, but he seems extra dicky this time around.  He's on watch. 

Regarding where you end up...
Holy crap, the new tower is huge!  It was nice to see Master Rahool back again.  I was in awe.  It'll be fun to explore the tower later.  I guess the farm won't be getting too much attention post-game. 

So, next we gotta get some fireteams together to run post-game stuff and level up!!

Finished the story last night and got to level 20.

Maxed out my 5000 clan points. Anyone know when clan xp resets?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Trials of the nine is likely trials of Osiris. Starts next Friday along with xur returning.
fuck Trials of Osiris. It was the reason I almost didn't get Destiny 2. I hate that crap.

Maxed out my 5000 clan points. Anyone know when clan xp resets?
I kept seeing clan points pop up. Where do you see the total and what are clan points for anyway? Levelling up the clan?

I had my first exotic pop from a legendary engram. Some oddball chest piece for the Titan. Otherwise I'm still mostly wearing blue gear. I keep getting nice legendary things but then they keep getting outclassed by the blues that drop. I infused a few things but I don't have the shards to keep doing that. I assume at some point the blues max out and legendaries will be better. I'm around 240 now though and clearly not there yet.

Anyone want to try the Nightfall tonight?

fuck Trials of Osiris. It was the reason I almost didn't get Destiny 2. I hate that crap.

I kept seeing clan points pop up. Where do you see the total and what are clan points for anyway? Levelling up the clan?

I had my first exotic pop from a legendary engram. Some oddball chest piece for the Titan. Otherwise I'm still mostly wearing blue gear. I keep getting nice legendary things but then they keep getting outclassed by the blues that drop. I infused a few things but I don't have the shards to keep doing that. I assume at some point the blues max out and legendaries will be better. I'm around 240 now though and clearly not there yet.

There's a clan view, similar to your gear or inventory view, that shows your contribution and total clan points as clan progresses thru that level.

When ever anyone in the clan completes something you see that 500 clan xp pop up on the right hand side of the screen. I think.

The clan view seems to have a glitch where it continually searches for members without success, although I can see them in the roster view.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Blues max out around 260 for the most part, but I have heard they can creep into the 270's. I would have preferred that they went by the wayside sooner, like around 240 or so. It just seems like you can't settle on a loadout because blues keep dropping that keep you switching stuff. My hope is that when we get up to 265+ that the legendarys start dropping frequently because as of right now, I sure as hell do not have enough legendary shards to do anything. And I want to hold onto my legendarys that I do have now so I can infuse into them later if I end up liking them. So, for now I'm just riding it out until I get consistent legendary drops.

Also, I'm starting to bank up a decent amount of shaders at this point. I don't think it's going to be an issue after all. Just different.

Also, I'm starting to bank up a decent amount of shaders at this point. I don't think it's going to be an issue after all. Just different.
Yeah I have a decent amount too. I was thinking more for the really hard to get ones like Raid shaders, or, god forbid, Trials ones. It was always nice to apply those to whatever I had. I'll never want to use the limited ones.

So are there not stats on gear any more? I remember trying to get optimal stat gear before. If that is no longer a thing, and you can customize the armor mods, then maybe once you get a single piece that's it and you can us a shader and then hunt for optimal mods. That isn't so bad. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. No strange coins either? What will we be paying Xur with?

So I have another question - do all the shaders you use stay on the gear? Or does one replace the other? I haven't tried to put more than one on. But it looks like there are slots to switch them back and forth. Are the mods the same way? If so, that would be great as you could customize your gear for different activities/classes which would cut down on the different variants you might want to keep and also help with the shaders.

Yeah I have a decent amount too. I was thinking more for the really hard to get ones like Raid shaders, or, god forbid, Trials ones. It was always nice to apply those to whatever I had. I'll never want to use the limited ones.

So are there not stats on gear any more? I remember trying to get optimal stat gear before. If that is no longer a thing, and you can customize the armor mods, then maybe once you get a single piece that's it and you can us a shader and then hunt for optimal mods. That isn't so bad. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. No strange coins either? What will we be paying Xur with?

So I have another question - do all the shaders you use stay on the gear? Or does one replace the other? I haven't tried to put more than one on. But it looks like there are slots to switch them back and forth. Are the mods the same way? If so, that would be great as you could customize your gear for different activities/classes which would cut down on the different variants you might want to keep and also help with the shaders.
From what I understand, Xur will take legendary shards. I've been waiting on using them to infuse anything, until we find out what Xur will be selling and how much it will cost. I did accidentally spend 10 on a gun I didn't need from Tyra Karn because I wasn't paying close enough attention to the prompt. :(

I believe shaders and mods are consumed when they're used or replaced. So if you replace a shader or mod with a new one, you don't get the first one back.

Clan view is jacked up in-game... it's still telling me that the clan only has 5 members... but we have over 75,000 points and each member can only contribute 5000...

Anyone want to try the Nightfall tonight? I'm at power 251, not sure what you're supposed to have for it.

I'll try to be on tonight for the NF I am around 262 right now. I did my share for the clan rewards for the week. I keep getting crap from engrams and as rewards as far as weapons go. I hate swords, hand cannons, side arms, and sub machineguns and that all I've been getting. Plus the only exotics for me so far are the ones you get during the story and the one you get after the game is over. Which now I find out you're supposed to wait to decide till you're a higher light level.

I am at 278 now and finally got the dumb Rat King gun. Finished it with just shy of 6.5 minutes.

The gun itself is alright but I didn't realize how close you have to be to one another. I thought the damage bonus was just if the people on your team had it equipped. You all have to be actively using it and be in pretty close proximity for the effect to trigger. Womp.

Finally my day off is here and I get to play! Noticed my wife bought some pop tarts but checked it was the 16 size which doesn't qualify for the xp promo. So picked up a box this morning and entered the code thinking I could rock through the levels today. Here's what I get back:

Kellogg's: We've received your receipt! Due to the popularity of the Destiny 2 XP BOOST promotion processing may take 48 to 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.
72 hours to send a code? C'mon kellogs you can do better than that! Oh well guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way...

I am at 278 now and finally got the dumb Rat King gun. Finished it with just shy of 6.5 minutes.

The gun itself is alright but I didn't realize how close you have to be to one another. I thought the damage bonus was just if the people on your team had it equipped. You all have to be actively using it and be in pretty close proximity for the effect to trigger. Womp.
Obviously worth the several hours you spent on it right ;)?

just applied for clan *cross fingers* hope I get in 264 Hunter pole dancer  was looking to do nightfall tonight if anyone is up for it after 8pm EST before tomorrow's reset

Clans aren't fully rolled out yet. It's why the roster in game won't load. Each member can contribute 15k per week. 5k per character.

Shaders for end game will be rarer and more sought after I think they wanted harder to earn stuff to feel more special and I like this.

I mainly play Destiny for the trials playlist. The pve though is very fun. I never imagined I would happily be farming power levels in events and strikes. Also power cap for your blues and purples progresses with you. My blues currently drop up to 275.

I recommend saving "powerful gear" quests until you are power 265 as they give end game rewards like nightfall and reset weekly. So things like flashpoint, weekly shaxx pvp quest, nightfall. Although if you don't hit 265 today I would just get it done as reset is tomorrow.

Finally my day off is here and I get to play! Noticed my wife bought some pop tarts but checked it was the 16 size which doesn't qualify for the xp promo. So picked up a box this morning and entered the code thinking I could rock through the levels today. Here's what I get back:

72 hours to send a code? C'mon kellogs you can do better than that! Oh well guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way...
Yeah i gave up on that. I've sent 3 different pictures since launch. Keep telling me to include the full receipt showing all corners, which i did this last time, and they rejected it.

I doubt the red Sparrow will be better than what i got from Tess anyway so I'm not going to bother.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I got the fancy red sparrow. I have never used it. I have two others that are faster and cooler looking. Should have sold the code on eBay.

Now you're ready to carry the rest of us through the Nightfall, right? ;)
I stayed up until 4am like an idiot getting three hours of sleep and I ran the nf about ten times... o_O

So likely not much destiny tonight but we shall see. But yeah plan is to rocket up, learn the nf and raid at high level and then be able to help you guys all through just like the old days : p

Hey everyone, Destiny 2 casual here. I'm up for any PvE and sent a clan invite today.

XBL = O Evil Betty O

Timezone = EST

Main = Hunter 

Interested in = PvE 

I went mine last Wednesday and nothing so far. Unless that 72 hours doesn't include weekends...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I recommend saving "powerful gear" quests until you are power 265 as they give end game rewards like nightfall and reset weekly. So things like flashpoint, weekly shaxx pvp quest, nightfall. Although if you don't hit 265 today I would just get it done as reset is tomorrow.
I'm glad you threw in that last part because I kept having people tell me to save them, but I'm only around 250 and with reset coming up I'm glad I just cashed them in when I got them - no point saving them as I'm not hitting 265 before reset. But I suppose for the upcoming week I will save them.

I have gotten 2 exotics from 2 of my "powerful gear" quests, I think. Got some new Titan arms last night.

I stayed up until 4am like an idiot getting three hours of sleep and I ran the nf about ten times... o_O

So likely not much destiny tonight but we shall see. But yeah plan is to rocket up, learn the nf and raid at high level and then be able to help you guys all through just like the old days : p
I will take you up on that. I remember that first Atheon raid (and Destiny 2 reminded me of it with the memory thing - will have to share that picture here soon). I am just not going to stress it with being raid ready on Wednesday so maybe next week you can take some of us through it.

I did do the Nightfall last night with 2 of my old raiding crew (the ones I found after the CAG group kind of dissipated). It wasn't too bad, though I got crap rewards - nothing that stood out. But it helped that the 2 guys I was running it with were in the 280-range and had done it before. I was only around 240. I think it would be pretty tough for a group of 230's to do it. I didn't realize that the gimmick this time with Nightfalls is that it is timed. So you have to rush and be able to do a lot of damage quickly, and it helps to know which parts of the strike you can run through and skip. That isn't necessarily clear on these new strikes but once we get used to them that will change.

A question though - why is it that we don't have the clan reward for Nightfall? I think only half the fireteam has to be in the clan, so that would just mean 2 of us. Did you not run it with people from the clan? if we need to run it tonight just for the clan rewards I'll do it again since I know how it works now. The only weekly clan reward I've gotten so far is the crucible one.

I went mine last Wednesday and nothing so far. Unless that 72 hours doesn't include weekends...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It took them about 5-6 days when I did the code before last weekend.

I'll be on tonight just trying to grind public events and such to get to 265. Oh, I also did try some Crucible last night and didn't do too bad despite playing with the hardcores at 3am.

I dont like the new infuse mechanic where it has to be the same type of weapon to be used. I like in D1 where a shotgun could go into any special and a AR could go into any normal weapon. I keeping weapons from my rewards that  I cant use for nothing like swords, grenade launchers, and submachine guns.

I'm on PS4. I have some of you guys added. Most the CAGs I have added are in another clan I believe. My psn is StellarInertia. I can help with nightfalls if you guys just need a third. Please put you are a cag if your name is very different than your cag name. I think I'm currently 285 on titan and warlock.

Io do you still play both psn and Xbox?

Played on and off through the day, made it to within 4 missions to finishing the campaign. I have felt underleveled almost the whole way, I just hit level 13 with my next mission recommending level 15. And at level 8 I had to take an hour or so to level to 11 so I could keep doing the campaign. So thinking I'm going to pop my 4 hour xp boost from my preorder, do public events and level to 15 or 16 and push through the end next time a get a few hours to play.

just curious about the pre order bonus.  I ordered off amazon and gamestop.  was i supposed to get something?  I got a code from gamestop/poptart for temporary xp boost.

You guys should have the nightfall clan engram with Hawthorne now. io, I had done the nf with other non clan buddies and then lfg for the rat King. Took two of our guys through today now though after work and so the engram is there for everyone. I got a piece of garbage from it haha hopefully everyone else gets better stuff!

Played on and off through the day, made it to within 4 missions to finishing the campaign. I have felt underleveled almost the whole way, I just hit level 13 with my next mission recommending level 15. And at level 8 I had to take an hour or so to level to 11 so I could keep doing the campaign. So thinking I'm going to pop my 4 hour xp boost from my preorder, do public events and level to 15 or 16 and push through the end next time a get a few hours to play.
I was in the same boat. I used my XP boost when I was around level 13 and then finished the campaign, did a few strikes, and I was level 20 + a few more like 3 hours into it.

You guys should have the nightfall clan engram with Hawthorne now. io, I had done the nf with other non clan buddies and then lfg for the rat King. Took two of our guys through today now though after work and so the engram is there for everyone. I got a piece of garbage from it haha hopefully everyone else gets better stuff!
Ok, thanks, I'm getting on in a few minutes so I'll check. Reset is still later tonight, right?

Our clan level is now 1 - Extra Glimmer from Engrams

We need more people. If you haven't joined, join up, link in OP. Invite your friends!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm trying to recruit more. We should put a link in our sigs or something.

Glad to see Drunkz back!

I'm over 230 now so my goal for this week is the NF. I should be over 260 by the weekend. my other goal is having enough shards to buy something from Xur.

Took a day off to hang shelves for my new Destiny related collectibles.

Should be on tonight around 8 pm. Current power level between 210 and 220.

Thanks to io for the clan related engram I picked up from Hawthorne.

Looking forward to running some raids and nf. Will work leveling up to be more useful.

Yeah, finished the story last night and thought, "Hey, be cool to play a bit more on my lunch hour today."  Then "Server Maintenance."  

Grrrrrrr....usually they do this a bit later in the week and not on reset day.  Definitely odd.

So I logged back in around 1:30PM EST and was able to start the game I was than prompted to download an update which I did now it says my version of D2 is no longer supported. WTF

So I logged back in around 1:30PM EST and was able to start the game I was than prompted to download an update which I did now it says my version of D2 is no longer supported. WTF
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] stoopid [emoji90] is that?

Not sure if that trumps my marionberry error. Still haven't looked that up, but I think it's a network error on my end.

Hope it's fixed by tonight.[emoji6]

Is anyone else in here part of the Xbox Insider program, Alpha Ring?  I've been having intermittent troubles playing the game and the game thinks that I am losing connectivity to the internet (which I'm not) so it kicks me out to the title screen.

45 days to PC launch...

(twiddles thumbs)

I may buy it tonight and just say @#$& it...cause the Clan needs more members right?

Is anyone else in here part of the Xbox Insider program, Alpha Ring? I've been having intermittent troubles playing the game and the game thinks that I am losing connectivity to the internet (which I'm not) so it kicks me out to the title screen.
I'm not part of the program and I've gotten that error a few times, including once last night in the middle of NF. That was annoying.

Is anyone else in here part of the Xbox Insider program, Alpha Ring? I've been having intermittent troubles playing the game and the game thinks that I am losing connectivity to the internet (which I'm not) so it kicks me out to the title screen.
I'm in the Insider alpha ring. No such problems here.

bread's done
Back