Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

So if my titan is sunbreaker then I want the solar mod?
No he just means it can be used in all situations. For example Vex usually have void shields, cabal have solar and fallen have arc. So if you are doing a mission or strike or raid with primarily one of those enemies having the weapon with the appropriate mod just helps overall damage output.

Speaking of mods, is anyone else almost completely ignoring that aspect of the game?  I have a large variety of them and I am mostly doing nothing with them.  I guess that's because I haven't really found my gear yet.

Speaking of mods, is anyone else almost completely ignoring that aspect of the game? I have a large variety of them and I am mostly doing nothing with them. I guess that's because I haven't really found my gear yet.
Same situation here. Holding onto things for the most part until I settle into the 280+ range with gear I like.

Speaking of mods, is anyone else almost completely ignoring that aspect of the game? I have a large variety of them and I am mostly doing nothing with them. I guess that's because I haven't really found my gear yet.
If gear is already modded I just leave it that way otherwise I haven't been modding. Some shaders though.

if you guys aren't 280 you should be buying blue mods whenever you can and avoiding capping on glimmer. your glimmer goes quick after 280

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean it's better to use your glimmer to buy blue mods instead of sitting at the 100k cap, right?
Spend your glimmer. You'll reach the cap again in no time. You need as much Blue Mods as possible when you reach LL 280 because Banshee-44 will let you craft Purple Mods from those Blue Mods which is needed to break pass 280 along with any lucky Exotic Engram drops and Powerful Engram drops.

You also don't need to go to Rahool to see the power level of your Engram. Just go into your inventory (the page that has your materials and stuff). You'll see it. There is no longer a point in holding on to those Engrams. It's better to decrypt it now.

However, if you already haven't done the World Quest (forget which) yet, I recommend saving 1 Exotic Engram and 5 Legendary Engrams because you'll need it for part of a quest

Spend your glimmer. You'll reach the cap again in no time. You need as much Blue Mods as possible when you reach LL 280 because Banshee-44 will let you craft Purple Mods from those Blue Mods which is needed to break pass 280 along with any lucky Exotic Engram drops and Powerful Engram drops.

You also don't need to go to Rahool to see the power level of your Engram. Just go into your inventory (the page that has your materials and stuff). You'll see it. There is no longer a point in holding on to those Engrams. It's better to decrypt it now.

However, if you already haven't done the World Quest (forget which) yet, I recommend saving 1 Exotic Engram and 5 Legendary Engrams because you'll need it for part of a quest
Thanks. I'm around 245, will likely hit 260 or so tonight. My glimmer is around 60k, but I haven't really been buying mods because I keep changing out gear. But at least this gives me a good strategy to employ as I grind.

I sent the receipt in via text. They sent a confirmation text back saying they received it. A few days later I got an additional text saying it was completed with a link in the text message. The link in the text sent me back to the kfr website. Once there I could create an account if I didn't have one, or sign in to my existing account. I logged in to my existing account and there was a webpage displaying the 2 codes to enter on bungie.net.

Hope that helps.
Crap I see I got KFR points for the receipts but nothing for Destiny XP boosts.

Thanks. I'm around 245, will likely hit 260 or so tonight. My glimmer is around 60k, but I haven't really been buying mods because I keep changing out gear. But at least this gives me a good strategy to employ as I grind.
you will hit a soft cap around 275 since the Legendary Engrams given by the Vendors will be set at 265. It is best to save your milestones, world quests, and cayde's treasure maps for when you get stuck in a rut. But when you the weekly reset comes by, do them.

^^ Thanks for the tip on the blue mods. I have a lot of those already, but I'll buy more to use up the glimmer.
be careful. You can only have 50 types of mods at a time, which can surprisingly fill up pretty fast.

Oh. And farm Heroic Public Events whenever you can. You get a higher chance of Legendary and Exotic Engrams from them. Plus you get Tokens anyway.

Does anyone know if you can stack more than one Element Paragon/Ordinance/Impact Mod for an even faster recharge of abilities?  Like one on your Helmet and one on your Boots?

If you mean have "Solar Abilities recharge faster" on all your armor stack. It should. It's not really a big effect imo since they don't even list the amount it adds.

Xur's on Nessus. The armor is stuff you can get by playing the campaign, but the weapon is worth picking up. It's the Merciless arc fusion power weapon. I had to dismantle some legendaries I was saving for the shards, but it was worth it.
I wish I had known that. I grabbed the Hunter armor for the future just in case it was hard to get. On the plus side, it is 270 so my Hunter will get a big power boost if/when I ever get her to level 20. The Warlock armor looks cool but has useless AF perks IMO. I already had the Titan armor. I didn't buy the weapon because I hate fusion rifles.

I know it was mentioned but I highly recommend grabbing the Merciless fusion. As of right now it's the highest dps heavy against bosses and I can see in the future, strategies forming around an entire team just pulling them out to melt a boss. Whether in the Raid or the new times nightfalls it will come in handy. Plus maybe we'll have another Black Spindle situation and I'm sure we all will be grateful to have the Merciless then! : p
Well, fuck, I guess I'll pick it up tonight. ;)

I just hit 280 last night and went nuts with the mods. Yeah, before that they aren't too much use except to spend your excess glimmer on. Though it doesn't hurt to slap some rare ones onto armor you like before you hit 280. You'll get plenty of them. Had an instant jump from 280 to about 284 because of the legendary mods.

So, FML, I did the Nightfall last night with 5 minutes to spare in a clutch boss kill. Why FML? Because I haven't even done the first parts of the Rat King quest. The guys I did it with got their Rat King but I still need to do the first parts and I'm not even sure what they are. Public events in a fireteam or some such nonsense? I always save my patrol/public event stuff for solo play. Like I said, FML...

So, yeah, if anyone wants to do the stupid first parts of that some time hit me up.

I wish I had known that. I grabbed the Hunter armor for the future just in case it was hard to get. On the plus side, it is 270 so my Hunter will get a big power boost if/when I ever get her to level 20. The Warlock armor looks cool but has useless AF perks IMO. I already had the Titan armor. I didn't buy the weapon because I hate fusion rifles.

Well, fuck, I guess I'll pick it up tonight. ;)

I just hit 280 last night and went nuts with the mods. Yeah, before that they aren't too much use except to spend your excess glimmer on. Though it doesn't hurt to slap some rare ones onto armor you like before you hit 280. You'll get plenty of them. Had an instant jump from 280 to about 284 because of the legendary mods.

So, FML, I did the Nightfall last night with 5 minutes to spare in a clutch boss kill. Why FML? Because I haven't even done the first parts of the Rat King quest. The guys I did it with got their Rat King but I still need to do the first parts and I'm not even sure what they are. Public events in a fireteam or some such nonsense? I always save my patrol/public event stuff for solo play. Like I said, FML...

So, yeah, if anyone wants to do the stupid first parts of that some time hit me up.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnequaledTallArachnid-mobile.mp4

Finally finished the campaign and hit level 20. Sitting at just 202. Ran some public events but not much luck on drops. Should I just keep grinding now until I get some upgrades? Seems like the blues I'm getting are all still level 18.

Finally finished the campaign and hit level 20. Sitting at just 202. Ran some public events but not much luck on drops. Should I just keep grinding now until I get some upgrades? Seems like the blues I'm getting are all still level 18.
grind public events (primarily Heroic Events), cayde's treasure maps, loot chests, lost sectors, and patrols to build up tokens and maybe earn Legendary/Exotic Engrams along the way. You should be doing that until you reach the 270s. The LL for Rares will always be lower than your LL.

When you reach the 270s, do the milestones and world quests (the Blue Crown on the worlds) so you can get Powerful Engrams that are near or above your Light Level so you can break the 270 threshold and move onto 280 (so you can craft mods).

That feeling when:

You're playing your first crucible match ever (Supremacy).

Your team is winning.

You're in first place.

There are only a few minutes left in the match.

And Destiny 2 thinks you lose connectivity to the internet and kicks you out of the game.   :bomb:

EDIT - BTW Nameless Midnight might be MY Scout Rifle because we get along so well. :)

I need Nameless Midnight. 

I finally reached 270 last night.  Next up on my hit-list is Trials.  I only played Trials in D1 a couple times, but I'm better at PvP now and I'd at least like to try and see the social space with the Emissary of the Nine. 

I need Nameless Midnight.

I finally reached 270 last night. Next up on my hit-list is Trials. I only played Trials in D1 a couple times, but I'm better at PvP now and I'd at least like to try and see the social space with the Emissary of the Nine.
You get it from Zavala. He gives you a choice with 2 other legendaries after turning in a quest

--edit--

It's the milestone you complete for Zavala where you complete 2 strikes.

FYI to do Trials you'll need to finish the campaign.  Probably not a problem for most here, but I'm in a holding pattern until my D2 buddy can come back online so I can finish it with him.

Anyone have any impressions of Trials of the Nine?

FYI to do Trials you'll need to finish the campaign. Probably not a problem for most here, but I'm in a holding pattern until my D2 buddy can come back online so I can finish it with him.

You need to beat the campaign, reach lvl 20, complete the Call to Arms milestone, and be LL 260 to participate in Trials

FYI to do Trials you'll need to finish the campaign. Probably not a problem for most here, but I'm in a holding pattern until my D2 buddy can come back online so I can finish it with him.

Seems on the easier side this week I guess since it's open to everyone over 260. The one team on YouTube I watched go flawless was on their seventh match and they were going up against a team running their first match. That would have never happened in D1. Seems Mida and NighShade are the most used primaries with fusions being used a whole ton. The map seems trials specific and the rewards are top notch. You get engrams at 3, 5, and 7 wins plus tokens. Also at seven wins you get the choice between an auto rifle, side arm, and sniper.

If anyone wants to run Trials let me know.  It is probably best to give it a shot this weekend as it will only get harder as people gear up better and casuals drop out.

I'm still not a fan of the 4-on-4 regular crucible matches (though I will like Trials more if it is 4-on-4 instead of 3-on-3).  But I did have one of my best ever Crucible matches the other day in Clash:

[attachment=27993:D2_Clash_9-16-2017_2-55-51_AM.png]

How is Trials handled now with the tokens or whatever you used to needed in the original game?  Did they do away with that nonsense and just let you play?

I was on last night and everyone was raiding.  I still haven't gotten a sniff of the raid yet, though I am more than ready (284).  So I started up a second character to get a Warlock up to speed.  I'll keep working on that but if anyone sees me on and wants to do anything else just send me a message and I can switch back to my higher level character for strikes or raid or Trials.

Yes you just hop in no more ticket or boons this time around. You only need 7 wins to finish a card this time against up to 3 loses and it's first to six match wins. Also they are using the Countdown game mode from the demo. The tokens you earn from wins and completing the challenges can traded in towards engrams just like gunsmith parts.

The challenges were:

Defeat 150 guardians as a team
Win 25 matches
Win 5 games

I'm probably behind every body at LL 250. Still grinding. Almost got my 29 shards.

I'm Vex juice in the crucible; same as D1. Any tips would be helpful. Doesn't anyone use voice chat in the crucible! Seems like there's 0 teamwork. Players seem to scatter like flies on meth. I am pretty effective at capturing zones in the zone capture mode.

You can just play.

If you want to do Flawless, you have to restart everytime you lose for free.
I like that if you lose your first match on a new ticket it just doesn't even count it because they know you would just be restarting anyway.

Overall Trials is much more intuitive this time around and with the ability to level up the Agent of the Nine vendor by just doing challenges it means even if you aren't going flawless you can still farm the gear if you really want it.

I am undecided if I love or hate the new intros. For those who have not played the new Trials yet is basically just gives each team a quick little spotlight of each member. It show with an angled camera, each character as they do their assigned emote and it lists their class and loadout. It is somewhat cringe worthy at first but back in Destiny we had to frantically pause the game as we were flying in to check the other team's loadout and so this time we know right away without any hassle what they are running (plus all your stuff is locked in once you start so there is no concern of seeing all shotguns and then unexpectedly getting sniped at range as was common back in the day).

Wait, stuff is locked?  So no changing weapons mid-match?  Is it locked entirely from the start or just for each round?   Interesting...

Did you at least get us the clan engram for Trials Broly? ;)

Yup stuff gets locked as the match starts. So if your team is range built and they are bum rushers you can't really adapt. Mida and Uriel's gift are the most common guns I have seen. I've gone 7-1 three times. All my three losses were against streamers.

Wait, stuff is locked? So no changing weapons mid-match? Is it locked entirely from the start or just for each round? Interesting...

Did you at least get us the clan engram for Trials Broly? ;)
Nobody was on when I woke up oddly early this morning so all my Trials stuff so far was done with LFGs!

But yeah like Stellar said stuff is locked as soon as you fly in basically for the entirety of the match. Good to have a mix then of a Scout/Pulse in one slot and then a Sidearm/Auto/SMG/Handcannon in the other. And my experience was the same as Stellar's in that like 90% of what I ran into was Mida and Uriel. Kind of lame but hopefully that is just since its the first couple weeks still and people are figuring out their own personal ideal builds and because those two guns are the best easily obtainable ones.

Uriel's gift is exactly the same as the trials auto. But Uriel's gift has more range so the gift is better imo. The trials pulse and hand cannon are nice.

I recommend last hope as a secondary sidearm. Thing is amazing.

Also wanted to mention to get the tick for the clan for trials you just need a 7 win ticket. Does not have to be flawless. And the reward from Hawthorne will need to be infused it is power level 10.

Damn, now I want to do Trials... And the freaking Raid.  Why did they have to launch both so soon!

And... I think I might have dismantled my Uriel's Gift.  Will have to check.  I had decent luck in crucible with the Mida combo though.  The Minitool is great at close range so it complements Multi-tool pretty well.

Otherwise I think I was using that pulse rifle you guys mentioned.  It reminded me of the hard to get fast shooting pulse from D1.  For some reason I can't remember the name but I know Broly knows what I'm talking about.

I'm hopping on now if anyone wants to do Trials or Raid.  If you see me on my low level character just send me a message and I can switch to my 284 guy.

bread's done
Back