Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

I'm currently stuck on the Calus Boss Battle.

Honestly found Trials to be fun. Played with 3 guys from an invite and I had a blast. Won 7 but unfortunately we lost 1. So close. 

Almost everyone used a Midas Multi Tool. :lol: 

Damn, now I want to do Trials... And the freaking Raid. Why did they have to launch both so soon!

And... I think I might have dismantled my Uriel's Gift. Will have to check. I had decent luck in crucible with the Mida combo though. The Minitool is great at close range so it complements Multi-tool pretty well.

Otherwise I think I was using that pulse rifle you guys mentioned. It reminded me of the hard to get fast shooting pulse from D1. For some reason I can't remember the name but I know Broly knows what I'm talking about.

I'm hopping on now if anyone wants to do Trials or Raid. If you see me on my low level character just send me a message and I can switch to my 284 guy.
Hand of Malok?

grind public events (primarily Heroic Events), cayde's treasure maps, loot chests, lost sectors, and patrols to build up tokens and maybe earn Legendary/Exotic Engrams along the way. You should be doing that until you reach the 270s. The LL for Rares will always be lower than your LL.

When you reach the 270s, do the milestones and world quests (the Blue Crown on the worlds) so you can get Powerful Engrams that are near or above your Light Level so you can break the 270 threshold and move onto 280 (so you can craft mods).
Thanks! Played a little last night and did some challenges and public events. I noticed it was taking forever to level up light level. I know Bungie said that item level drops are based on your gear level in your inventory so I wouldn't always put on my highest level weapons. Once I started putting on my highest gear my LL increases went way faster. Took me about a third of the time to go from 215-235 than it took me to go from 202-215. So I'm not convinced that drops at these levels are based on your highest LL in your inventory.

Once I started putting on my highest gear my LL increases went way faster. Took me about a third of the time to go from 215-235 than it took me to go from 202-215. So I'm not convinced that drops at these levels are based on your highest LL in your inventory.
Definitely what you want to do, especially when you need to go get your powerful engrams from completing the milestones.

When you reach the 270s, this is must in order to break the 280 threshold and earn the ability to make Legendary Mods ( which you will need to level your light further)

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently stuck at 278. :) Blues and purples are dropping at 272. Flashpoint and Call to Arms should push me over the edge next week if nothing else.

PSA clan is almost at capacity [emoji41]
b5dfff04b7244223c3f17207b798063c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Random question concerning clan engrams. Been playing Destiny 2 VERY casually and haven't even hit level 20 with my first character yet. I know clan xp and such resets Tuesday, but if Hawthorne has engrams for the clan, do I need to claim them before Tuesday or can I get them whenever?

Grasp of Malok
Yes, that.

Random question concerning clan engrams. Been playing Destiny 2 VERY casually and haven't even hit level 20 with my first character yet. I know clan xp and such resets Tuesday, but if Hawthorne has engrams for the clan, do I need to claim them before Tuesday or can I get them whenever?
I believe they reset every week.

I blew through the campaign on my Warlock last night and thanks to weapons from my Titan I was instantly at 274 when I hit level 20. So strange having high legendary/exotic weapons and blue armor though. But I fixed that mostly via faction rep. Now, I guess, I should turn in the powerful ones?

Anyway, need to do the Nightfall with my Warlock now if anyone is up for that.

LL @ 263. Haven't completed nightfall. Ran all the adventures & quests on Titan. Considering some of the comments on here maybe I should hold up on quests until I hit 270.

Anyone know if Ikora's complete 5 challanges resets daily?

LL @ 263. Haven't completed nightfall. Ran all the adventures & quests on Titan. Considering some of the comments on here maybe I should hold up on quests until I hit 270.

Anyone know if Ikora's complete 5 challanges resets daily?
Should get on the Nightfall. It should be easier than last week's.

Ikora's quest resets daily.

Hawthorne resets weekly so you might as well redeem them. I'm not sure if you can "save" her engrams. I personally wouldn't want to risk it and lose her engrams. since they actually give you drops that are equal or above your LL.

Yes io, you should. I'm sure you're aware, but put on your highest lvl gear before redeeming the engram so you can get the most LL out of it

I got an email from Twitter (I don't even use it) that showed CheapyD sharing the clan name not that long ago.  Is that why we filled up so quick?

Yes io, you should. I'm sure you're aware, but put on your highest lvl gear before redeeming the engram so you can get the most LL out of it
Everything I've read says it scales to what you possible level is with all the gear you have and that you don't actually have to wear it. I still do out of habit, but I thought they "fixed" that.

I thought I was supposed to save stuff for later though. It gets confusing ;).

Everything I've read says it scales to what you possible level is with all the gear you have and that you don't actually have to wear it. I still do out of habit, but I thought they "fixed" that.

I thought I was supposed to save stuff for later though. It gets confusing ;).
I know they fixed it when an Engram drops but I"m not sure about the Milestone Drops since you actually don't get it until you go to the vendor to redeem per se.

I got an email from Twitter (I don't even use it) that showed CheapyD sharing the clan name not that long ago. Is that why we filled up so quick?
And I only have 4 members in my clan. :lol:

238*

Finally finished the campaign.

Felt kinda newbish after destroying a legendary mod attached to an exotic armor piece. Was under the impression gear had multiple slots for mods...so I said, let me add this extra blue mod to my arm guards. As I saw the red progress bar fill up saw the purple +5 mode vanish before my eyes and suddenly the realization of what I had just done sank in. Kinda felt like being in one of those Taken bubbles and your vision goes blurry while you take damage.

There was no warning "Are you sure?!" nadda...just saved the world and they didn't send me a memo about that. hahaha.

On a lighter note, purples and yellows seem to be dropping more often after that so maybe it was a sacrifice to the RNG's of old & new. So I suspect I'll hit the first soft cap before week's ends.

I may need help beating the Nightfall before reset tomorrow.

302 Warlock

301 Hunter

301 Titan

Im finding Bond's are the hardest to get if you do beat the raid and get a raid bond its dropping high.

Youll be rolling in Legendaries more than you think. Exotics are still scarce
It was the gunslinger arm guards so it takes the sting out of it slightly. Plus the way the clan system has been implemented and our numbers/activity...I'm not concerned anymore.

I got an email from Twitter (I don't even use it) that showed CheapyD sharing the clan name not that long ago. Is that why we filled up so quick?
I didn't even see that. he even comments that he didn't set it up. Pretty funny.

I finally beat the campaign this weekend. Still tooling around. Tried the crucible for the first time and not a fan. Still need to try strikes. I think I am still only 260. I don't understand why people keep calling the last location the tower. Looks more like you're on a wall...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DESTINY 2 HOTFIX - 9/18/17 (https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46254?modal=true):

1.0.1.3 The one about post launch fixes.

Items

• Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive Man O’ War Linear Fusion Rifle Quest Reward when they have a full weapon inventory
    Players can obtain their missing Man O’ War from Asher Mir on IO

UI

• Fixed an issue where the Prism modifier did not persistently display the currently featured element
    Prism will now display a brief screen effect when the element changes to increase visibility
  • This will also resolve an issue impacting the Momentum modifier

General

• Fixed an issue where a Raid object was receiving an unintended amount of damage from Wardcliff Coil
  • Fixed an issue where completing a Meditation before selecting it from Ikora would hide that Meditation and prevent players from completing it receiving appropriate rewards.
  • Fixed a rare memory leak that would result in a Matchmaking crash

i dont. just 1 Warlock. It dropped as 275 when I was in the 280s.
So one way to power level make 3 characters and redo the exotic quests every time they will drop higher as u just keep putitng ur best guns on ur new character and us vendor coins to get them gear and then do the exotic quests.

my 3 midas were 260 - 280 - 295

Man o War is a Legendary not an Exotic.

What Im trying yo say is that Man o War doesnt scale to your LL. The cap is 275

I already knew that you need to equip your best equipment to get better drops. Ive been telling that to everyone who asks a question like that

Man o War is a Legendary not an Exotic.

What Im trying yo say is that Man o War doesnt scale to your LL. The cap is 275

I already knew that you need to equip your best equipment to get better drops. Ive been telling that to everyone who asks a question like that
Your wrong the legendary ones from the vendor scale also my Mida mini tool droped at 285 on my alt

Edit: your way wrong about the caps but i mean you would know that if you know actually made 3 characters....

So damn I forgot how RNG in this game can be a bitch.  I got through the story on my second character pretty quick and was instantly 274 with the guns from my other guy.  Then I went and turned in some faction stuff to replace my blue armor with legendaries.  Did the Nightfall last night (thanks Gotdott) and got some sweet 284 gauntlets.  So that put me right at 280.  Perfect! I can now make legendary mods.  I quickly boosted all but my leg armor, which, for some reason, I didn't have enough blues to create.  I used all my glimmer buying more blues - nothing.  I exchanged for several legendary mods that I then broke down so I could make new random ones.  No luck.  I just can't get a stupid leg armor mod.

I wanted to get that extra 5 Power before turning in the Nightfall quest to Zavala and getting my clan rewards.  Eventually I gave up.  I'll grind a bit more tonight for glimmer and give it one more shot before reset.

I also wasn't aware your mod inventory slots are SHARED across characters!  It isn't like that for anything else, is it?  Well, maybe the shaders, but with their consumable nature I haven't paid much attention to them.  Are consumables (tokens and such) shared too?  I just assumed it was like D1 and everything in my inventory was specific to the character. But then the app wouldn't let me transfer mods from one character to another - well, OK, I thought, that is annoying so I'll have to switch characters, fly in to the Tower, and manually put them into the Vault.  But then when I switched back and transferred them I still only had a couple of each.  Odd, so I did this about 3 times before I realized I was putting the same 2 blue mods into the Vault and pulling them out over and over.  I originally thought each character had 2 of each so if I combined them I'd have enough to make a legendary (since you need 3).   D'oh!

Really stupid question but where do you buy the blue mods? I see at 280 you can start trading the blue mods for the purple ones do the blue one you can purchase not show up till than? I'm 279 right now but could make 280 if I purple mod my 280 GL to 285.

So damn I forgot how RNG in this game can be a bitch. I got through the story on my second character pretty quick and was instantly 274 with the guns from my other guy. Then I went and turned in some faction stuff to replace my blue armor with legendaries. Did the Nightfall last night (thanks Gotdott) and got some sweet 284 gauntlets. So that put me right at 280. Perfect! I can now make legendary mods. I quickly boosted all but my leg armor, which, for some reason, I didn't have enough blues to create. I used all my glimmer buying more blues - nothing. I exchanged for several legendary mods that I then broke down so I could make new random ones. No luck. I just can't get a stupid leg armor mod.

I wanted to get that extra 5 Power before turning in the Nightfall quest to Zavala and getting my clan rewards. Eventually I gave up. I'll grind a bit more tonight for glimmer and give it one more shot before reset.

I also wasn't aware your mod inventory slots are SHARED across characters! It isn't like that for anything else, is it? Well, maybe the shaders, but with their consumable nature I haven't paid much attention to them. Are consumables (tokens and such) shared too? I just assumed it was like D1 and everything in my inventory was specific to the character. But then the app wouldn't let me transfer mods from one character to another - well, OK, I thought, that is annoying so I'll have to switch characters, fly in to the Tower, and manually put them into the Vault. But then when I switched back and transferred them I still only had a couple of each. Odd, so I did this about 3 times before I realized I was putting the same 2 blue mods into the Vault and pulling them out over and over. I originally thought each character had 2 of each so if I combined them I'd have enough to make a legendary (since you need 3). D'oh!
I believe ALL consumables are shared between your characters. I recommend an inventory manager app or browser extension. :)

Really stupid question but where do you buy the blue mods? I see at 280 you can start trading the blue mods for the purple ones do the blue one you can purchase not show up till than? I'm 279 right now but could make 280 if I purple mod my 280 GL to 285.
From the Gunsmith.

I believe ALL consumables are shared between your characters. I recommend an inventory manager app or browser extension. :)
Well if they really are all shared then there's no need for a manager app!

So yeah then I made another mistake. I thought my new Warlock had a ton of gunsmith materials and turned them all in for weapons just trying to get mods that way too (got a lot - but no leg ones of course). I guess I used my entire pool from both characters. Oh well...

I kind of feel like this is an odd design choice as the other half of your inventory is not shared. And because this is an out-of-nowhere change from the way it was in D1. It is especially odd since shaders are consumable - would be nice to be able to keep different ones on different characters.

I just asked this on the chat but should have done it here.  Are there any chests you can get from checkpoints in the raid?  I'd like to get at least something out of the damn thing at some point!

I just asked this on the chat but should have done it here. Are there any chests you can get from checkpoints in the raid? I'd like to get at least something out of the damn thing at some point!
You need keys for a few of the chests that drop from portions of the raid.

Also I'm guessing the Crota Funko hasn't come out yet at Target?

I just asked this on the chat but should have done it here. Are there any chests you can get from checkpoints in the raid? I'd like to get at least something out of the damn thing at some point!
The very first chest you get is pretty easily obtainable after the first battle/first unlocked door. We each got some tokens, shaders, and a powerful engram from it. Next one was just a key. We stopped on the 3rd battle.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So what is the best way to level from 230+?  Strikes?  Heroic events?  When should I decode my legendaries, exotics and powerfuls?  Is there a good guide somewhere I can follow?

Also if anyone still has a NF to do I'd like to get one finished before the reset.

Be sure to grab your Trials piece from Hawthorne before reset, I just got it for everyone. Still no Scout for me : /

Also we have a group that should finish the Raid tonight as well so be sure to check before you go to bed to see if Hawthorne has another present for you!

Be sure to grab your Trials piece from Hawthorne before reset, I just got it for everyone. Still no Scout for me : /

Also we have a group that should finish the Raid tonight as well so be sure to check before you go to bed to see if Hawthorne has another present for you!
THANK YOU! I got the Trials Hand Cannon from that!

From the Gunsmith. You can buy blues and then once you are 280 you can turn them in for purples. It's a good way to burn glimmer.

I don't think I've had any clan rewards since week one. Looks like Bungie is working on it, but sucks I'm missing out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

261*

So what is the best way to level from 230+? Strikes? Heroic events? When should I decode my legendaries, exotics and powerfuls? Is there a good guide somewhere I can follow?

Also if anyone still has a NF to do I'd like to get one finished before the reset.
Whenever an engram drops for you, decrypt it sooner than later since it's based on your current LL when it dropped.

Powerful Gear & Luminous engrams scale w/your LL and if you want to optimize your LL, you'll want to hold off until you feel you need the boost. I waited late last night so I could do the NF and strikes with less trouble...other ppl wait until they hit 280+

I was sitting at 238 last night, after a chain of back to back heroic events, 2 strikes, and just the boss fight for the NF, I was able to get to 261*

I did however redeem 2 powerful gear engrams from faction/clan. Don't forget tokens for XP boost, challenges, etc. Basically just playing w/a plan.

Thanks gotdott & Non for the assist & NF.

Special shout out to Vash (iirc), who by achieving a flawless run in the Trials of the Nine...also awarded the clan, trial faction engram(s). I am now the lucky owner of The End (scout rifle). Granted the LL is 10 (that'll change soon), but how else would I ever get my hands on one of these otherwise without RNG & winning the Trials myself.

Also good to see/hear ppl I haven't partied w/since Gears of war 3, ME:A, and Destiny 1.

Io, I changed my emblem to match yours...because mentor program homage, haha. :xb1:

I'll be on around 10pm EST as usual doing whatever helps to make the universe brighter.

I got the sniper from the Trials package.

Did the middle sections of the raid with Broly and company.  We spent a lot of time right before reset trying to open chests so we didn't try to take on the boss.  We're pretty sure we have the mechanics of the previous sections down pretty well now, though.

I got the Raid rocket launcher from one of those sections, but nothing else other than one powerful engram and a bunch of "normal" legendary engrams (that all decoded into useless stuff), and a bunch of raid tokens.  It seems like almost everyone else got 1 or 2 exotics from the key chests.  The raid launcher has cluster bombs and max blast radius.  It is awesome at clearing mobs.  It also reloads automatically when stowed which is a great perk since otherwise it is very slow to reload.  It came in very handy during the chest sections when you need to take out 4 "watchers" all at the same time to disable the alarms.  I had not even gotten a single legendary rocket launcher up to that point either. The game kept giving me fusion rifles and grenade launchers.

I'd like to run the raid from the start this week as I actually have no idea what the first part is all about.  Broly - if you guys are running it again tonight let me know what time.  I got in a little trouble for playing too early last night but I've got Raid fever now and want to do the whole thing this time.

I finished the questline that gives you Sturm and it came in at 294 so now I'm PL 280 and can get lost in the arts and crafts (-ing mods).

I'd like to run the raid from the start this week as I actually have no idea what the first part is all about.
Just a heads up, the raid "parts" changed with the weekly reset. What was the beginning of the raid last week is now no longer the beginning. They're rotating the raid encounters (except for the final raid boss fight) to keep things fresh, I guess.

yes it's now doggies -> game show -> oryx throwback -> big boy
So is the Oryx throwback the one I didn't see last night? Wasn't Oryx the one with the runners and the platforms? Isn't that what we did last night? I figured you were calling that "game show" because of the buttons we had to shoot. I'm confused.

bread's done
Back