Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Well it looks like I am done with Destiny until the next major event. No reason to play any event anymore and frankly I am still pissed with how IB was handled. I am literally floored that the final step with Acrius, beating the most difficult thing in the game yet...gives just an ornament. We all knew the weapons and armor in the Prestige Raid would be less than amazing but I held hope that the Acrius would at least upgrade to have a four mag clip like all the mined data suggested. Ugh : /

Well I guess I'm going to have to set a timer for five minutes before I attempt to open any of Cayde's stashes. I'm in the Arcology on Titan where there are no chests of any kind, but there is the occasional Alkane Dust/Spore, and I just opened an empty stash. :whistle2:\

Well I guess I'm going to have to set a timer for five minutes before I attempt to open any of Cayde's stashes. I'm in the Arcology on Titan where there are no chests of any kind, but there is the occasional Alkane Dust/Spore, and I just opened an empty stash. :whistle2:\
What I've found to help is do a public event first. Open that chest at the end of it. Then start looking for the Cayde chests. If you load into a world and grab the Cayde chests first, they tend to be empty. Just something I've noticed. So I always load in, do one public event, then go for the Cayde stuff.

And there's no 5 minute cooldown on Cayde chests; that was an early rumor/theory that Bungie said was not true. Cayde chests are not on a timer. They are simply bugged and Bungie is still looking into why.

Last edited by a moderator:
304*

303*

I'd like to get get the raid shotgun placeholder out of my slot if possible. (cough cough) We should try to do some vanilla raid runs for the sake of doing raid runs for practice and/or themed runs. Like the all rat king run, or all CAG clan run.

So far 3 out of 5 Cayde's chests have been emblems and dismantled blues...the last 2 aren't as easily accessible via teleport so I'll get to it when I get to it.

So the rumor is crouching takes you off radar in crucible? Anyone confirm this?

Not really a rumor as much as it is a mechanic that has been in all of Bungie’s games since Halo : p
you figure they stealth nerf things all the time...there's hidden perks for exotics and class abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked this mechanic and/or ppl not even remembering it worked that way.

w/the warlock boots that let you move faster, I was crouch creeping up on ppl and wondered why didn't didn't notice me (after watching a video on it). Just wanted to confirmzorz.

I would love to do a basic raid run if possible. I would be available both Friday and Saturday night after 10:30 est. and pretty much all day Sunday.

After this weekend because of my work schedule changing I'll pretty much be unavailable for like the next four weeks. I might be able to get on for an hour or two in the afternoon here and there but even that's a stretch.

304*

303*

I'd like to get get the raid shotgun placeholder out of my slot if possible. (cough cough) We should try to do some vanilla raid runs for the sake of doing raid runs for practice and/or themed runs. Like the all rat king run, or all CAG clan run.

So far 3 out of 5 Cayde's chests have been emblems and dismantled blues...the last 2 aren't as easily accessible via teleport so I'll get to it when I get to it.

So the rumor is crouching takes you off radar in crucible? Anyone confirm this?

Not really a rumor as much as it is a mechanic that has been in all of Bungie’s games since Halo : p
You sort of fade in and out on other people's radar. If you look at your radar, the blue arrowhead that shows you in the middle of your mini-radar fades in and out when you are crouched.

What I find is odd is that when someone goes invisible they still show up on your mini radar, you just have a hard time seeing them on screen. Unless maybe there happens to be someone else on the other team near them every time I've paid attention and I'm seeing them instead. :whistle2:k

You sort of fade in and out on other people's radar. If you look at your radar, the blue arrowhead that shows you in the middle of your mini-radar fades in and out when you are crouched.

What I find is odd is that when someone goes invisible they still show up on your mini radar, you just have a hard time seeing them on screen. Unless maybe there happens to be someone else on the other team near them every time I've paid attention and I'm seeing them instead. :whistle2:k
the biggest advantage I've seen with invisibility in pvp is it supposedly neutralizes aim assist.

[attachment=28393:nightshade.PNG]

Thanks to the guys who ran the NF together to get the clan reward. I finally got this, been waiting for this since I passed on this during the campaign. Now all need is the Main Ingredient and I'll be set.

I would love to do a basic raid run if possible. I would be available both Friday and Saturday night after 10:30 est. and pretty much all day Sunday.

After this weekend because of my work schedule changing I'll pretty much be unavailable for like the next four weeks. I might be able to get on for an hour or two in the afternoon here and there but even that's a stretch.
I'm up for it. It seems the game has fallen off a cliff in terms of players. I don't see anyone on any more.

I just did all my soloable clan stuff this week. With that, I got my Hunter almost to 305 and I finally got a 305 sword now, so that's nice. Now it's all just about getting duplicate weapons so I don't have to swap stuff around which I've always hated. I have 3 305 Midas and 2 305 Raid rocket launchers. I just need a couple more Uriel's and I'm set. But for whatever reason the game does not like giving me 300 auto rifles. It LOVES giving me 300 Snipers, Fusions, Grenade Launchers, Shotguns, Sidearms, and SMGs - basically everything I don't ever use.

I guess I'll use guided games to get some Nightfall runs in though I really don't like speaking to randos. I want to clear the raid on my Titan to unlock Sweeperbot but again, don't want to have to use LFG. Ugh. Maybe we can get a Calus checkpoint and do that with a CAG group. That way we don't have to waste time on the other useless parts.

I've only cleared Calus twice total and both times it has been on my Warlock. My god, with the previous game, it was months after a raid came out until I didn't get 3 clears per week (one on each character). 2 total is just pathetic this far in. Only one was with the CAG clan, and another was with a real life friend who invited me one evening to fill in for someone in his clan. But both groups seem to have stopped playing for the most part now.

I kind of knew Destiny 2 wouldn't have the legs of the first one no matter how much they improved it, and now I wish I didn't drop $100 on that LE...

Having said that, it is still the only game I'm playing right now. If I'm not on in the evening/night now it's because I'm working or watching Netflix. You can always Xbox message me to get me to join a Raid or Nightfall.

I'll be on to night. Will review raid mechanics before. And will be running some solo items earlier and do an up graded arc based armor build for my titan.

304*

303*

305'd my guns and I haven't started any gun quests for my warlock yet. A 298 bond and 299 arms (hunter) is holding back my avg.

I've tried Guided Games as a seeker but have never gotten into one, I waited longer than the est'd time too. I'd like to get the NF done w/my hunter who still needs it. I'll be on usual time, if you're on Obi I'll send you a ping. Getting a 3rd is usually easier than finding a reliable wing man first. haha.

Seeing the player base decline because there's less reasons to farm is strange and disappointing. I'm guessing the drop in player base is partly so PC players aren't so far behind console players so they need to stagger content...I'm guessing when the first DLC drops there will be plenty to do and keep you coming back for more.

10pm EST > NF, Raid, dailies and stuff...and if it's a ghost town, I'll start my Titan.

304*

303*

305'd my guns and I haven't started any gun quests for my warlock yet. A 298 bond and 299 arms (hunter) is holding back my avg.

I've tried Guided Games as a seeker but have never gotten into one, I waited longer than the est'd time too. I'd like to get the NF done w/my hunter who still needs it. I'll be on usual time, if you're on Obi I'll send you a ping. Getting a 3rd is usually easier than finding a reliable wing man first. haha.

Seeing the player base decline because there's less reasons to farm is strange and disappointing. I'm guessing the drop in player base is partly so PC players aren't so far behind console players so they need to stagger content...I'm guessing when the first DLC drops there will be plenty to do and keep you coming back for more.

10pm EST > NF, Raid, dailies and stuff...and if it's a ghost town, I'll start my Titan.
10 eastern is a bit early for me as that is 7 and I'd have to kick the family off the TV. But I can be on a bit later.

Titan = 304 now

Overall, the seasons sound interesting.  I like that there will be a cadence to look forward to where things will be changed up.  Not sure about the new ghost shells.  I might be a ghost shell purist and prefer the OG style.  The Dawning armor looks like butt, though.  Just like in Destiny 1.  Ho Ho No for me.

From the video posted on planetdestiny.com
02f729dd7747721e4709655e34be9245.jpg
6ebaded0f1f43f9b3d5b48dd088ed9ef.jpg
0d77d2fc0c8848ec0da2352d22f64ed6.jpg
5bd012a348a39859a5e01efca15609f9.jpg
05a25cdf0c846cc0e68568cbfbc34d87.jpg
8278b2445f13d91a9b517c1032d40fdc.jpg
715ceccf2aa452a7108683d0a5110e1e.jpg
991e4a1c8c4f9d885af09965bbb88ede.jpg
f2023b822e6622ee94b90a75355f5506.jpg
a882890a2e725bb7771429b52415f398.jpg
b313c3487f9cdff18acad44fe438c657.jpg
4d16efe1cf8f713e69e70f4b646ebcb5.jpg
26f4de88e189988884d016b3ed6e7daf.jpg
7cc4306ce805cf008347cca877c60338.jpg
f479194d6e921f98ebd140a9be2fe91b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can't get over those Ghost shells.  I hope there is a story/lore explanation for why they can change so drastically, like because the Traveler is awoken now they are starting to do new and interesting things. 

I can't get over those Ghost shells. I hope there is a story/lore explanation for why they can change so drastically, like because the Traveler is awoken now they are starting to do new and interesting things.
You weren't complaining when they were wearing sheets or taped devil horns on!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

100xp and I did a guided Nightfall last night.  It went pretty well - got our stupid rare emblem ;).

I will be up for doing a couple more tonight, or if not I'll use a token and join one.  The Nightfall is pretty easy and seems to be the best bang for the buck on rewards with the drops you get plus the powerful engram.  I'd prefer to run it with 2 other CAGs of course, but we'll see...

I'm also still looking to clear Calus on my Titan to unlock Sweeperbot to redeem some of my old tokens, since I have most of the armor for the Warlock already.

304*

303*

Still...but statistically that should change tomorrow after reset.

I'm down for another IB this season w/the same rewards, I want to get at least one complete set of the armor for one of my classes. Plus you figure they gotta give everyone 2 chances at all the gear considering how short IB actually runs. I'd be bummed if I didn't get the pulse rifle after seeing how much I enjoy it in crucible...assuming of course when they change IB they discontinue it.

Still trying to figure out which Warlock exotic armor piece actually works best for me.

I can't get over those Ghost shells. I hope there is a story/lore explanation for why they can change so drastically, like because the Traveler is awoken now they are starting to do new and interesting things.
The lesser known story behind the traveler, s/he was actually the largest pinata' in recorded history. Once s/he went s'plode, all the new funky ghosts started popping up everywhere. Vileplume being one of them. All previous ghosts were light infused origami.

Same time tonight until the wee hours, maybe we can do a couple rooms of the Raid just to get familiar with it...otherwise my warlock needs the Rat King quest, Mida, & Dreng/Strum if you wanna tag team that.

I'd actually be willing to do the campaign if you can coop that since I haven't made a Titan yet.

100xp and I did a guided Nightfall last night. It went pretty well - got our stupid rare emblem ;).

I will be up for doing a couple more tonight, or if not I'll use a token and join one. The Nightfall is pretty easy and seems to be the best bang for the buck on rewards with the drops you get plus the powerful engram. I'd prefer to run it with 2 other CAGs of course, but we'll see...

I'm also still looking to clear Calus on my Titan to unlock Sweeperbot to redeem some of my old tokens, since I have most of the armor for the Warlock already.
That stupid rare emblem actually looks pretty decent. It's looks so official, I feel like I'm part of the NASA program now...I'm actually surprised they didn't make the emblem a parent holding a child's hand crossing the street or something.

Who needs extra time when your grenades regenerate so quickly! I love that NF buff.

I actually want to clear the raid to clear the raid and get the shotgun place holder out of my inventory of which I heard it gets replaced again now that there's a prestige version of the raid. Yay! useless slot!

You weren't complaining when they were wearing sheets or taped devil horns on!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Ha! Those were the best. I hope we get some 'stupid' stuff like that soon. Sounds like we will with the snowball fights and hockey with the Dawning.

Way cool for XP and io on the guided game! That's cool clan stuff right there.

Ha! Those were the best. I hope we get some 'stupid' stuff like that soon. Sounds like we will with the snowball fights and hockey with the Dawning.

Way cool for XP and io on the guided game! That's cool clan stuff right there.
I'd be up for another one (or two) this evening. It's a quick and easy way to get a 3rd if you only have 2 for the Nightfall.

304*

303*

Yay weekly reset!

Hopefully I/we/us can get the NF out of the way tonight.

Nothing new otherwise...that is all.

Errr...

This guy solo'd NF (normal) with more time to spare than when most of us do it in a fireteam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNNX_Xo36jM

This guy solo'd NF (normal) with more time to spare than when most of us do it in a fireteam.
Seems impressive...until you realize the number of hours and number of attempts required to get to this point.

There was a similar video weeks ago where someone did one of the first solo nightfalls. They said it took them around 6-8 hours until they succeeded. I guess that's still impressive, but I would never spend that amount of time on this.

But there's a timer in the lower right hand corner, he beat the NF in the allotted time allowed w/over 4:30 seconds to spare.

Do you mean, it took roughly 6-8 hours of trial and error, research, and finding the optimal route and encounters to beat? I'd never spend 6-8 hours on something like (esp considering what you get at the end) this either, but under 20 mins to do it alone? Both impressive and not a bad use of 20 mins...you could be doing PUBs and patrols instead.

I also wonder, if you're 305 and solo, are the mobs easier than when you're in a fire team of 3?

Seems impressive...until you realize the number of hours and number of attempts required to get to this point.

There was a similar video weeks ago where someone did one of the first solo nightfalls. They said it took them around 6-8 hours until they succeeded. I guess that's still impressive, but I would never spend that amount of time on this.

Do you mean, it took roughly 6-8 hours of trial and error, research, and finding the optimal route and encounters to beat? ...

I also wonder, if you're 305 and solo, are the mobs easier than when you're in a fire team of 3?
Yeah, that's what I meant. Took 6-8 hours of practicing over and over and over and over and over again before a successful run. Lol. I mean, it's still impressive in the end, but the amount of retrying the same activity over and over again is mind boggling. I would never do it.

To your other question, yes, it is easier solo. People that do it solo say there are less mobs and they don't hit as hard.

Sigh, my kingdom for a 300/305 Kinetic weapon. :)

Also, there are lots of interesting sounding leaks out there...

Question - Once we complete an Adventure, is it something that can be done again? Or are the Adventures that pop up as new every once in a while truly new?

Question - Once we complete an Adventure, is it something that can be done again? Or are the Adventures that pop up as new every once in a while truly new?
I think the faction people have them in their "inventory" once you complete them. I will do them, eventually, just to get them off the map. They bug me ;).

304*

304*

They gave me just that last night a 300 kinetic, thinking about keeping the Scathelock, the stats looks very good for PvP and more importantly it'll give both characters 305 kinetic guns so no more juggling gear anymore. yay!

Looking fwd to just new content that will bring back players. I don't mind doing pubs and crucible over and over again, I just don't enjoy doing them solo all the time.

I bet the real reason we're going to Mercury in the DLC is for SRL racing...there's no other reason, we conquer so we can terraform planets suitable for racing. That's the end game, I'm sure of it.

10pm ish EST for NF if anyone is up for it & other milestone like activities.

I think the faction people have them in their "inventory" once you complete them. I will do them, eventually, just to get them off the map. They bug me ;).
I forgot about that. :) But, every once in a while when i land in the Tower (maybe after reset) I'll see a message on the bottom left of the screen saying that there are new Lost Sectors and new Adventures.

304*

304*

They gave me just that last night a 300 kinetic, thinking about keeping the Scathelock, the stats looks very good for PvP and more importantly it'll give both characters 305 kinetic guns so no more juggling gear anymore. yay!

Looking fwd to just new content that will bring back players. I don't mind doing pubs and crucible over and over again, I just don't enjoy doing them solo all the time.

I bet the real reason we're going to Mercury in the DLC is for SRL racing...there's no other reason, we conquer so we can terraform planets suitable for racing. That's the end game, I'm sure of it.

10pm ish EST for NF if anyone is up for it & other milestone like activities.
EVERY auto rifle is king in PvP...I'm amazed out how quickly I am filled with lead and it's an Origin Story or a Scathelock or a Hard Light or even some of the Rare guns......

And yes, bring back SRL!

I actually don't see Hard Light used that often anymore, most common:

1 - Uriel's Gift, it's as common if not more common than Mida.

2 - Origin Story

3 - Scathelock

After that it's just whatever's popular...but these gunz I see every match.

EVERY auto rifle is king in PvP...I'm amazed out how quickly I am filled with lead and it's an Origin Story or a Scathelock or a Hard Light or even some of the Rare guns......

And yes, bring back SRL!
In other news...I finally got my double XP pop tart codes. I wonder if they stack w/the weekly refresh buff and/or the Fireteam tokens. I'll definitely save them for when the event happens right before Eververse rotates out it's seasonal stuff.

All, I want to apologize if your Warlock isn't getting any 300/305 chest armor or SMGs... The game wants me to have all of them. Again, sorry.

304*

304*

...and playing while drowsy because you're trying to finish that crucible challenge that isn't happening isn't a good idea. I got the milestone but after deciding to clean out my vault I dismantled my 305 Scathelock because I had 5 in storage. Had...now I have 1 and it's not 305.

In other news, I joined a guided game for the NF (normal). After what seemed like 20 minutes I got pulled into a fireteam of 2 from the same clan. 274* each...I remember trying to do Arms Dealer w/got & Non at 271 and they were both 300. We didn't win. So 2, randoms at 274 who didn't get the memo that spamming grenades was implemented in this NF I'm sure you can guess the outcome. At 0:01, we managed to get 1 bar off the end boss. One of them dropped out, then I went to go dismantle my first 305 auto rifle.

Popped open 3 Cayde's crates w/the XP token active...got a rare emblem which was nice, 2 blues and a shader. I was like jackpot! Then then next 2 was, Nothing...literally, and another blue in the last one.

Same time tonight, hopefully we can get dat NF out of the way.

Same time tonight is.

In other news, I joined a guided game for the NF (normal). After what seemed like 20 minutes I got pulled into a fireteam of 2 from the same clan. ...
Just FYI -- You'll always be matched against a fireteam of the same clan. The game will only let you host a guided game if there are two people from the same clan (for NF anyways, not sure what the minimum # from the same clan is for raids though...). It sucks you got matched with players who didn't know what they were doing. They were probably hoping you could carry them. Lol.

After watching that solo video on clearing the NF, I did carry them. haha.

I took every shortcut, put down rifts with heals and arc orbs, spammed the @#$% out of my nades, and cleared ads w/my super 3 times. I think when I sped ahead of the duo in my sparrow to board the ship I assumed they'd join allies but since they were alive...they just fought, died, revived outside for longer than they should have. 2nd tank fight we were down to 10 minutes.

2 - 274, not spamming w/torrent is on was just not enough to win the night. There's always starting my Titan if I can get past the facial creation stage.

Just FYI -- You'll always be matched against a fireteam of the same clan. The game will only let you host a guided game if there are two people from the same clan (for NF anyways, not sure what the minimum # from the same clan is for raids though...). It sucks you got matched with players who didn't know what they were doing. They were probably hoping you could carry them. Lol.

Titan is finally 305.  I also completed the raid start to finish last night, which was a first and one that i really wanted to accomplish.  Now I can focus on my Warlock and start up my Hunter.  I'd also like to get a prestige NF one of these days. 

304*

304*

...and playing while drowsy because you're trying to finish that crucible challenge that isn't happening isn't a good idea. I got the milestone but after deciding to clean out my vault I dismantled my 305 Scathelock because I had 5 in storage. Had...now I have 1 and it's not 305.

In other news, I joined a guided game for the NF (normal). After what seemed like 20 minutes I got pulled into a fireteam of 2 from the same clan. 274* each...I remember trying to do Arms Dealer w/got & Non at 271 and they were both 300. We didn't win. So 2, randoms at 274 who didn't get the memo that spamming grenades was implemented in this NF I'm sure you can guess the outcome. At 0:01, we managed to get 1 bar off the end boss. One of them dropped out, then I went to go dismantle my first 305 auto rifle.

Popped open 3 Cayde's crates w/the XP token active...got a rare emblem which was nice, 2 blues and a shader. I was like jackpot! Then then next 2 was, Nothing...literally, and another blue in the last one.

Same time tonight, hopefully we can get dat NF out of the way.

Same time tonight is.
That was the prestige version I think

Thanks for the invite to the CAG clan.

I'm at 279, knocking on 280, so I would be up for anything if you see me on and don't mind the drag.

304 - Hunter

304 - Warlock

305 - Titan

The third Call to Arms package that I turned in this week, which was the ninth package overall that I turned in this week, was generous to me and gave me the last piece of armor for my Titan.  I noticed something interesting though.  The entire time I was 304, the drops were either 293 or 294.  After I turned 305, those same drops ranged from 295 to 300.  But I think right after my "Well Rested" buff wore off all the drops were capped at 295.  I look forward to further testing this next week. :)

bread's done
Back