Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

304 - Hunter

304 - Warlock

305 - Titan

The third Call to Arms package that I turned in this week, which was the ninth package overall that I turned in this week, was generous to me and gave me the last piece of armor for my Titan. I noticed something interesting though. The entire time I was 304, the drops were either 293 or 294. After I turned 305, those same drops ranged from 295 to 300. But I think right after my "Well Rested" buff wore off all the drops were capped at 295. I look forward to further testing this next week. :)
Drops will be random from 295-300 after you hit 305. Vendors are on a rotation and sometimes you can buy 300s (there are sites that track this)

Drops will be random from 295-300 after you hit 305. Vendors are on a rotation and sometimes you can buy 300s (there are sites that track this)
For a while they were random, but then every single drop (around ten) after my Well Rested ran out was at 295.

Of course, we are obsessing over reaching 305, but when that first expansion drops we are going to be dropping our 305 gear so fast. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap I had no idea vendors could sell 300 stuff! I noticed the random 295-300 drops but it seemed like I always saw low stuff at vendors. But then I never really paid attention to them either once I hit the 280's.

I was on last night and man is this game dead. 11-12 pm Pacific on a Saturday night and not a single person from my friends list or even the clan was in Destiny 2. Wow...

I can't even get freaking Nightfalls completed let alone the raid.

Holy crap I had no idea vendors could sell 300 stuff! I noticed the random 295-300 drops but it seemed like I always saw low stuff at vendors. But then I never really paid attention to them either once I hit the 280's.

I was on last night and man is this game dead. 11-12 pm Pacific on a Saturday night and not a single person from my friends list or even the clan was in Destiny 2. Wow...

I can't even get freaking Nightfalls completed let alone the raid.
Normally I'm on at that hour and going strong, but last night was dedicated to work and then immediately after that sleep, because the night before I played til the sun came up. :)

305*

304*

10*

Titan...that's about it. Nothing else interesting except I finally hit 305 w/the Hunter. After I dismantled my 305 Scathelok, RNG said here's Origin Story for your warlock because we feel bad. I'll take it.

I got 3, 305 exotic grenade launchers...because you know, they're so awesome. Fighting Lion? Check...Prospector? Check...another Prospector? (sigh) Check. At least I didn't feel bad infusing one of them into a legendary nade launcher that I actually use in PVP every so often.

Hopefully Halloween brings my warlock to 305.

Same time tonight 10pm EST ish.

I wonder if the future vex can adapt to your guardians load out and subclass, kinda like sentinels from X-men or worse the Borg...that's how I'd do it.

I wonder if the future vex can adapt to your guardians load out and subclass, kinda like sentinels from X-men or worse the Borg...that's how I'd do it.
No problem, we'll just keep our blasters and torpedoes on a random rotating frequency.

I always find it weird that the one weapon that didn't jump from D1 to D2 was machine guns. Did they ever explain why?
from what I recall, machine guns in D1 dominated Crucible. It's like what the AF's are right now in D2 + additional damage per bullet it seemed. It also had a decent sized clip per power ammo fill up.

Now, power ammo roughly gives you an avg about 2-3 kills. Maybe 4 if you're using a shotgun, sword or sniper rifle and opportunity presents itself or you're just that good.

So...balance is my theory and possibly something to reintroduce further down the road. I didn't read or bother to check why they took out machine guns even though I miss using them personal (not them being used on me).

Did they say when Trials will be back?

...and funnier still, why are ppl in the Bungie app looking for players for Trials still?

Not...even...close.

gunplay is so different on PC, it's not even close
I regret nothing...for getting it on xbox though, I think I would probably have spent more on impulse buys while waiting for it to come out on PC. Plus, snipers on PC tend to be more prevalent and godly.

As for last night? Yeah...passed out after parental duties were complete. I do remember waking up at 4:30am and realizing I missed out on possibly getting in on the tail end of a Raid w/randoms.

Hopefully we can get the NF done on prestige. I'd like to rock an Aura for once in game along w/the rewards to be reaped from completing a prestige NF. I anticipate parental duty will end earlier than usual as trick or treating should tire out the offspring sooner than later.

Not...even...close.

I regret nothing...for getting it on xbox though, I think I would probably have spent more on impulse buys while waiting for it to come out on PC. Plus, snipers on PC tend to be more prevalent and godly.

As for last night? Yeah...passed out after parental duties were complete. I do remember waking up at 4:30am and realizing I missed out on possibly getting in on the tail end of a Raid w/randoms.

Hopefully we can get the NF done on prestige. I'd like to rock an Aura for once in game along w/the rewards to be reaped from completing a prestige NF. I anticipate parental duty will end earlier than usual as trick or treating should tire out the offspring sooner than later.
Yeah, i'd like to do the prestige NF at least once.

Yeah, i'd like to do the prestige NF at least once.
Datto a D2 youtuber and his fireteam smashed the Prestige NF on the 1st phase of the boss fight by waiting for Arc (prism) to end him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfp3MSO4V8

I think we can do that. I have a Raiden Flux chest & 2 scout rifles ready.

gunplay is so different on PC, it's not even close
Maybe it's just me, but I could never imagine playing a 1st person game with mouse and keyboard. That just doesn't seem right to me, you know? And I started off as a PC gamer (like before consoles were really a thing - or at least not just utter crap like the Atari).

Yeah, would love to do prestige Nightfall for the achievement if nothing else. I just finished up my Halloween stuff. Anyone on? But seriously, if we can schedule it ahead of time I can be on earlier. Maybe on Thursday or Friday?

305*

304*

10*

Well...I have more 305 gear for my warlock after 3 engrams & 2 treasure boxes. (mutter)

I'll be on tonight to grind out more weeklys for my Hunter and take a shot at the normal or prestige NF. Should be 10am EST and then for about 3+ hours. Less if nothing seems to be going on or in my favor (Crucible).

305*

304*

10*

Did some weeklys w/the Hunter, got into a Crucible match and had a good run...then the 3 other players pulled me into their fireteam and got an invite to party. I said I'm streaky, they didn't care. We dominated a few matched then went up against 2 ppl that clearly live for Trials w/their trials wpns and their trials emblems with big numbers. Yeah, the quote of that match was "You realize he killed both of us right?" I said, I'm good at drawing and origami.

https://vendorengrams.xyz/

I just used this site to make a run on Devrim in EDZ. I turned in about 45 packages and everything came out at 300/305, but I didn't get a single rocket launcher or fusion rifle...
Oh snap...this will save some time pho sho, thanks mr. Bong.

Started the NF, thought I was in guided games...to my surprised I launched almost immediately and then realized I was...alone. After dying, I went back to the Tower. Haha.

Best drop last night? Confused emote from a Bright.

Now that my Titan is 305, I played my 'Lock last night and got her from 295 to 301.  I figure, that's close enough and I might as well start up the Hunter next!  This Osiris DLC is coming at just the right time.

Feels strange not playing for 3 days...but tomorrow is reset and I still don't have a max power level guardian.

Now that my Titan is 305, I played my 'Lock last night and got her from 295 to 301. I figure, that's close enough and I might as well start up the Hunter next! This Osiris DLC is coming at just the right time.
I actually considered playing some of my back log of games...then I realized, I had parenting to do. hahaha. See you tomorrow.

Feels strange not playing for 3 days...but tomorrow is reset and I still don't have a max power level guardian.

I actually considered playing some of my back log of games...then I realized, I had parenting to do. hahaha. See you tomorrow.
I picked up Assassins Creed Origins the other day and that has taken my attention from Destiny, I'm afraid. I'll still play a night a week to get the powerful gear, but by and large, I'm good until the next content drop.

Destiny is the bee's knees, but there are probably some killer games in that backlog too. Destiny ain't going anywhere, know what I mean?

Well I jumped back to ESO since I got the Morrowind pack at Costco for $10.  Since I've taken the Destiny 2 disc out, it is that much harder just to spin up the game to check out what is going on.

I mean, I'd check to see if the clan cleared Raid or Trials, but the likelihood seems very low and I'd, like, have to switch discs...

Edit: Just figured out I could use the Destiny 2 app to check - and yeah, neither was cleared.  I'll probably hop on to do the two "easy" weeklies (flashpoint and clan XP) now.  I guess reset will now be 1am since Daylight Savings Time is over.

So there's a new Faction Rally thing going on.  The best weapon seems to be New Monarchy only because the other two are a grenade launcher and a fusion rifle (NM has a sword).

I also guess I didn't look at the armor for New Monarchy last time, because I've always hated their colors.  But the armor for all 3 classes is by far the best IMO.  And I don't even hate the shaders as much as I did in Destiny 1.  They are shinier metal ones instead of just plain red like before.

Also, I discovered on my own that Shaxx is giving out 300-level engrams!  And luckily for me I had about 180 tokens for him.  I did most of it on my Hunter hoping to get some gear.  I ended up with mostly fusion rifles and grenade launchers of course.  Though I did get a couple of swords so I was able to outfit each of my guys with a 305 sword finally.

I have no idea if the vendor engram levels change daily or weekly but if you see this get to him ASAP - should be good for Tuesday at least.  I switched characters and it still worked so I think it should be good for anyone who is at 305.

Strikes seem to be a decent way to earn tokens now for the faction rally...although I farming heroic pub events on a timer is probably faster and easier w/a fireteam.

I hope to be on tonight, I'd like to get in on some rallying and iron out some milestones cause...yeah.

So there's a new Faction Rally thing going on. The best weapon seems to be New Monarchy only because the other two are a grenade launcher and a fusion rifle (NM has a sword).

I also guess I didn't look at the armor for New Monarchy last time, because I've always hated their colors. But the armor for all 3 classes is by far the best IMO. And I don't even hate the shaders as much as I did in Destiny 1. They are shinier metal ones instead of just plain red like before.

Also, I discovered on my own that Shaxx is giving out 300-level engrams! And luckily for me I had about 180 tokens for him. I did most of it on my Hunter hoping to get some gear. I ended up with mostly fusion rifles and grenade launchers of course. Though I did get a couple of swords so I was able to outfit each of my guys with a 305 sword finally.

I have no idea if the vendor engram levels change daily or weekly but if you see this get to him ASAP - should be good for Tuesday at least. I switched characters and it still worked so I think it should be good for anyone who is at 305.
Those levels reset every 30 minutes I believe, but that's awesome that Shaxx is dropping engrams at 300. The website I use to track the vendors doesn't track him because he hasn't been noticed to drop 300 in the past. Zavala was also dropping 300 this morning, but I noticed ~2 minutes before the 30 minute reset and my console wasn't even on yet. :)

Do the armor pieces look the same as the last rally? Hopefully so because my vault is already about to burst at the seams.

The vendors in the tower are on a 4 hour rotation as far power adjustments go the planetary vendors are on the half an hour rotation.

Strikes seem to be a decent way to earn tokens now for the faction rally...although I farming heroic pub events on a timer is probably faster and easier w/a fireteam.
For anyone who doesn't have the time to play too much, wants tokens faster, or just loves cheese in general, here's the fastest known exploit way to get unlimited tokens (albeit a bit mindless and repetitive):

https://youtu.be/zxT4mpEKVMs

TLDR: go to Lost Sector at Winding Cove, kill boss, open chest, exit through door above chest, run through until you load into new zone, do a 180 and run back to chest, re-open chest without shooting anything. Rinse and repeat. ;)

funny, other Youtubers posted 1000 faction tokens per hour.

Remember also you get XP every time you loot dat chest...so, fire token up and kills those birds w/stones and stuff for brights. Cause really in the end, it's all about the exotic emotes.

Same strategy, I think it's just click bait or just to say it could be possible to generate 1000 tokens if you did it perfectly in an hour.
In the video linked above the YouTuber mentions a limit of 400 faction tokens. Is that not the case anymore?

In the video linked above the YouTuber mentions a limit of 400 faction tokens. Is that not the case anymore?
different tubers are likely posting different numbers to generate views, 400 faction tokens is probably the cap before you can't redeem any more engrams like last rally...but it doesn't say you can't keep farming for say your alts who also pledge, i dont know remember if you share faction tokens across all guardians.

different tubers are likely posting different numbers to generate views, 400 faction tokens is probably the cap before you can't redeem any more engrams like last rally...but it doesn't say you can't keep farming for say your alts who also pledge, i dont know remember if you share faction tokens across all guardians.
You do share them across all of your toons, just like any other consumable.

Are you telling me that if I don't get all the gear I want in the first 20 engrams that I'm SOL???

You do share them across all of your toons, just like any other consumable.

Are you telling me that if I don't get all the gear I want in the first 20 engrams that I'm SOL???
Yup...however this is the 2nd rally, so you get another 20 engrams (if they use last rally's mechanic) to get all your gear.

Unless they have another bug, last rally FWC I think had unlimited engram redemption after cap.

For Dead Orbit, I think I was missing the leggings on my hunter but it's not like I ever took off Orpheus Rig.

I had no idea about the vendor timer rotations.  I guess I was just lucky I checked Shaxx at the right time! 

I got 4 or 5 engrams worth of NM tokens last night.  I redeemed them all on my Hunter and only got the cloak so far.  So it is looking pretty unlikely I'd be able to put together a full set for all 3 of my chars. I wish I had started with them last time because the DO and FWC armor I got is pretty stupid looking and of course that scout rifle I got (which looked like the best weapon of the 3 at the time) was pretty meh.  From what I'm reading that sword isn't going to be great either (I prefer the one that gives ammo on power kills). But I have no use for a fusion or grenade launcher.  So I guess I don't even care about the weapon - just going for armor.

For Dead Orbit, I think I was missing the leggings on my hunter but it's not like I ever took off Orpheus Rig.
What do those do? I was thinking about how the Hunter doesn't even have a good exotic. I've been using the Foetracer because marking targets is at least somewhat useful. And supposedly you get the damage buff on weaker ones. But I never found anything useful after they nerfed my beloved Ahamkara gauntlets to hell (and that was only for PvP anyway).

But I don't think I have these yet. I like the look of the full IB set minus helmet though (and cloak since I never got it), The helmet gets hidden under most cloaks anyway so using an exotic there doesn't throw off the look of the armor set. Putting on oddball pants would do that though ;). I actually got a Cloak of Optimacy from my last bright engram and that is pretty cool, too, so I'm not upset I didn't get the IB cloak any more. The NM one looks pretty sweet, though, and I also got that (only armor piece so far).

What do those do? I was thinking about how the Hunter doesn't even have a good exotic. I've been using the Foetracer because marking targets is at least somewhat useful. And supposedly you get the damage buff on weaker ones. But I never found anything useful after they nerfed my beloved Ahamkara gauntlets to hell (and that was only for PvP anyway).

But I don't think I have these yet. I like the look of the full IB set minus helmet though (and cloak since I never got it), The helmet gets hidden under most cloaks anyway so using an exotic there doesn't throw off the look of the armor set. Putting on oddball pants would do that though ;). I actually got a Cloak of Optimacy from my last bright engram and that is pretty cool, too, so I'm not upset I didn't get the IB cloak any more. The NM one looks pretty sweet, though, and I also got that (only armor piece so far).
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Orpheus_Rig

The key thing here is "Provides ability energy for each enemy tethered by Shadowshot anchors." If you tether enough enemies, you can practically fully generate a grenade or even another Shadowshot. They work WONDERS for the Glimmer Extraction HPE.

Is the Xbone clan still somewhat active? Mine is 5 people, only 1 of which I know and have ever actually played with, and he rarely plays himself. I still do shit a few times a week and the clan feature seems pointless if nobody in mine is playing. Long story short, looking to join 1000-CAG Stare if there's room.

305*

304*

11*

Garbage...4 powerfuls and still 304 on my Warlock.

Orpheus Rig leggings are awesome. When there's a lot of ads, it's instant super recharge (way of the trapper seems to work best due to range and duration of tether). Basically all the Fallen pub events (expect maybe the big Servitor one, depending on the map) get pwn'd by this because how they spawn in mass numbers. I honestly don't take them off for anything except crucible and maybe the NF if arc strider is needed instead because of a coordinated prism assault.

...also the taken ritual pub on Titan once you trigger the gate to start sending in minions is also an instant super recharge. I can usually fire 3-4 supers during that pub if it goes heroic.

There's new scannables that give lore and faction tokens hidden around the EDZ. Probably other places too (credit to a youtube video I saw earlier).

Should be on tonight grinding faction for Dead Orbit w/my hunter. Who cares if the prize is a grenade launcher, real pledges should just rally to say their faction won again. Are you really going to use the faction sword over your other better sword? fusion rifle over Merciless? etc. That's how I'm doing it. Grind faction until I get all the gear I want or hit engram cap then switch faction or go back to regularly gaming behavior.

We should really try to get the Clan crucible engram, it's the easiest one. Make it so.

I should be on 10pm EST ish.

Is the Xbone clan still somewhat active? Mine is 5 people, only 1 of which I know and have ever actually played with, and he rarely plays himself. I still do shit a few times a week and the clan feature seems pointless if nobody in mine is playing. Long story short, looking to join 1000-CAG Stare if there's room.
send a request via the app if you haven't already.

Finally hit a 2.0 in the crucible.

Still need boots to complete FWC armor for my titan. Will do my hunter next.

Did the farming cheat in the Winding Cove and got 202 FWC tokens in roughly 45 minutes. Very boring and very repetitive.

bread's done
Back