Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

After finishing the campaign I am a little disappointed. Unlike most I actually appreciated the pace of the base game. It was nice to slowly pick away and eventually reach max level without having to play every day. The new map isn't much more than RNG level design and most of the missions take place there. A lot the exotics seem to be returning items from D1. Why is most of the cool new gear locked in eververse? There was a time when I could get cool armor from doing stuff in the game. I did have fun with the expansion but it does seem overpriced. Kind of like how I felt about house of wolves.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just remember at the beginning everyone saying to not cash them in till the end of the week when you'd be higher level. I seem to remember that working at least once for me. But it has been a while since they weren't all 300.

I can hold off on earning the Crucible (if I even bother) and Heroic Strikes one. But the Clan XP one comes naturally and I did the EDZ flashpoint one as a way to gain XP quickly.

After finishing the campaign I am a little disappointed. Unlike most I actually appreciated the pace of the base game. It was nice to slowly pick away and eventually reach max level without having to play every day. The new map isn't much more than RNG level design and most of the missions take place there. A lot the exotics seem to be returning items from D1. Why is most of the cool new gear locked in eververse? There was a time when I could get cool armor from doing stuff in the game. I did have fun with the expansion but it does seem overpriced. Kind of like how I felt about house of wolves.

I don't know if you care about the ornaments for the gear that were introduced with this update, but the Curicble gear ornaments seem uite interesting to me so I will try to unlock them all (even the helmet ornament, which requires 25 Competitive Play wins). That and the mechanic that is introduced after the Adventures will surely have me coming back for more.

I don't know if you care about the ornaments for the gear that were introduced with this update, but the Curicble gear ornaments seem uite interesting to me so I will try to unlock them all (even the helmet ornament, which requires 25 Competitive Play wins). That and the mechanic that is introduced after the Adventures will surely have me coming back for more.
I forgot about ornaments. I don't think I've seen anything so far so I may have to look that up.

&

Not 305 (Titan)

So finally, w/gott & Non, in the crucible...a purple engram finally pushed me to the vanilla D2 cap. Otherwise, nothing else new and wonderous because I haven't gotten the DLC yet. What I did notice is, milestone engrams decrypt at your cap and not above your cap. So it seems the only way to up your PL/LL is with engrams found in the wild.

Finished the CoO story missions last night.  This is my official review of Curse of Osiris:

I-Am-Bored-Because-I-Browsed-Everything-I-Browsed-Everything-Because-I-Am-Bored-Funny-Bored-Meme-Image.jpg

Wow Bungie really broke the Crucible and Trials for the weekend with Xur selling the OP solar trace rifle. I just played my 5 matches to get the “Call of Arms” engram and I would say 90% of the time that’s what I got killed by. They said they are going to nerf it next week on the 12th so get the fun in now guys.

Also I bought it from Xur and in my second match of crucible I got an exotic engram which decided into the same thing. I think this is the third time this has happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Bungie really broke the Crucible and Trials for the weekend with Xur selling the OP solar trace rifle. I just played my 5 matches to get the “Call of Arms” engram and I would say 90% of the time that’s what I got killed by. They said they are going to nerf it next week on the 12th so get the fun in now guys.

Also I bought it from Xur and in my second match of crucible I got an exotic engram which decided into the same thing. I think this is the third time this has happened.
Anything beats being constantly mowed down by Uriel's Gift

I came here to talk about the DLC but honestly I don't know what to say. It was short, had repetitive environments and concluded in a really lame way for such an epic lore character as Osiris. Weapons and armors are interesting and fun additions but not much else here. Haven't done the Raid Lair yet and wouldn't mind playing with a group for that.

Also, why the hell did Brother Vance introduce himself? Mannnn I've known you for years Vance you just going to forget all we had??

Speaking of Vance, man did they make him an obsessive creepo fanboy haha

I came here to talk about the DLC but honestly I don't know what to say. It was short, had repetitive environments and concluded in a really lame way for such an epic lore character as Osiris. Weapons and armors are interesting and fun additions but not much else here. Haven't done the Raid Lair yet and wouldn't mind playing with a group for that.

Also, why the hell did Brother Vance introduce himself? Mannnn I've known you for years Vance you just going to forget all we had??

Speaking of Vance, man did they make him an obsessive creepo fanboy haha
I thought he said something about trials on destiny 1. I could be wrong though. What system are you on.

PSA - The Destiny Companion app (Android and probably IOS) and probably your favorite item manager app now allow you to move things out of the Postmaster into your inventory.

That would have been fantastic in the Forge in RoI...

See I don't even know what you are talking about. Are there some sort of Crucible bounties now? And I had no idea there was something after the Adventures. I got so bored doing them that I stopped after 3 and went to level up my other characters. I still haven't even touched my Hunter. Tonight I may finish up my Warlock and start on my Hunter again. But I don't know when I'll ever get around to running through the story (and I do mean running, since that's all you seem to do in that Forest thing) on my non-Titan characters. I guess I'll finish the Adventures on him to see what you are talking about. I didn't even bother with Crucible because of what people were saying with that weapon.

See I don't even know what you are talking about. Are there some sort of Crucible bounties now? And I had no idea there was something after the Adventures. I got so bored doing them that I stopped after 3 and went to level up my other characters. I still haven't even touched my Hunter. Tonight I may finish up my Warlock and start on my Hunter again. But I don't know when I'll ever get around to running through the story (and I do mean running, since that's all you seem to do in that Forest thing) on my non-Titan characters. I guess I'll finish the Adventures on him to see what you are talking about. I didn't even bother with Crucible because of what people were saying with that weapon.
Speak to Shaxx to see what he is offering now.

And unfortunately I bowed out of Crucible this week once I heard about the broken heat laser. Although I think it might be awesome to have a frenetic mode with over-powered weapons in the future (similar to UT's insta-gib shock rifle matches back in the day).

As for what happens after the Adventures - There are a handful of weapons that can be forged once you gather the required materials. That and the Heroic Adventures have been fun!

Looking for some people to play this with. Dont know anyone who plays it, and I would really like to make this my go to online shooter. Downloading the update now so I should be on soon. Send me a PM if you're interested. :)

OK, so I had completely forgotten about the Masterworks weapons but I got one from Vance when I finished the adventures.  Unfortunately it is a Red Mamba or something.  I can't use those pea shooter submachine guns for anything - it was pretty useless in a heroic strike I did afterwards.  I thought maybe I had to use it to unlock something.  But I guess you just get them as random drops every so often or you can reforge a regular weapon into one with enough parts?  Anyway, at least that's something else to do in the game now.  Of course with the way they always "rebalance" weapons it would suck to work really hard at getting, say, a good rolled Uriel's Gift and then have it nerfed.

I tried to do one of the Heroic Adventures and it was just a pain in the ass.  I guess you really need a couple people to do those.  Sigh...

I saw that they can either be Vanguard or Crucible and they track the kills in the different places.  But does that also mean the orb bonus or whatever only applies in one or the other?

Also, do you only get those once you complete the Osiris story?  If I want to get the EDZ engrams this week I'll have to power through the story on my other two characters anyway.  Meh...

Finished the weekly bounties on my Titan.  It is a little ridiculous how often this game gives me weapon types that I never use.  I swear I got at least 5 or 6 sniper/fusion/SMG weapons from those bounties and I never use any of those.  (Plus I got like 3 or 4 sets of boots all at high level when I could use just about anything else).  So now I'm forced to run around with that Red Mamba as my energy weapon and Merciless as my heavy along with a pulse rifle (which is OK, but would prefer Scout) as my primary.  I wouldn't choose any of those in those slots but that's what I'm stuck with to maintain 320 at this point.

Also, exotic engram drops seem to have been dialed WAY THE fuck down.  I don't think I got any during my entire Osiris campaign playthrough plus tons of public events/strikes.  I got a couple of exotics as rewards from a few things - but never an actual engram.  Did they do this because they are bringing Three of Coins back?  If so, I'm pissed Xur didn't sell those last week.  Before I seemed to get them from every 4th or 5th public event.

I think they're just trying to slow down progression and put a much wider gap between hardcore grinding and casuals.

SMG's on the other hand are awesome in crucible...if you play SMG's, which you probably don't so much.

We used some gear tokens to get additional rewards after completing said activity...yeah, for 375 dust getting some extra shaders wasn't worth it, I suppose if you divide it by the number of players getting shaders it might take some of the sting out of spending dust.

I feel you io all I get are swords, snipers, and sidearms. I have never swung a sword in this game once, only use a sniper when it’s a daily challenge in the Trostland, and used a sidearm maybe for a total of 10 minutes.

I generally get sniper rifles, grenade launchers, and side arms.

While my preferred load out in crucible is:

SMG or Scout

Sidearm (or Uriel's gift if the entire opposing team is killing me from 1000 yards away)

Sword

I don't get enough swords...and smgs & sidearms feel like garbage in PVE.

I think they're just trying to slow down progression and put a much wider gap between hardcore grinding and casuals.

SMG's on the other hand are awesome in crucible...if you play SMG's, which you probably don't so much.
I can't see how they are good in Crucible either when they spray all over and you can't aim them. Maybe it's just the Red Mamba that's like that but I've never really liked any of them. In fact I'd think they'd be worse there.

I feel you io all I get are swords, snipers, and sidearms. I have never swung a sword in this game once, only use a sniper when it’s a daily challenge in the Trostland, and used a sidearm maybe for a total of 10 minutes.
Swords would be AWESOME. That was one of the last things I maxed out at 305 before Osiris. I have a unique sword for each character plus a general use one. I use them a lot in PvP. I'd so much more like to have a sword for strikes vs. Merciless. I'd prefer my Raid rocket launcher over both though. I have yet to get a decent RL drop - just blues at 310 at this point.

But for sure the two common things we are all seeing are snipers and sidearms. Yuck. I also get a lot of grenade launchers. My first 321-ish weapon was that and I actually got pretty good at using it in strikes. Had never really used them before.

This is kind of what I want to drop, in order from most useful to least: Auto rifle (Uriels, Sweet Business, Coldheart, etc), Scout (Nameless Midnight, Mida), RL (Sins of the Past), Sword, Pulse (a few though there's nothing I really like to use that much any more - used them all the time in D1 though), and, well, that's it, really. I don't use fusion, sidearm, grenade launcher, sniper, shotgun, or SMG at all unless I have to. So of course nearly all my drops are from that second group. My best so far from the first group was a pulse rifle, of course.

And for armor, it has been boots, boots, and more boots...

Antiope D is one of the more popular SMG's in crucible pre DLC. It's like Uriel's gift at mid to short range with better handling.

When I watched and read up on how to be a more aggressive vs reckless crucible player, SMG/Side arm was very popular and performance and k/d was much better. Red Mamba is decent but it doesn't compare to the 1st IB smg or Antiope D. The range on Antiope is just broken and very misleading for and SMG.

I'd get the unique class sword then not another sword drop until for a long time...then I'll get nothing but swords when I need a maxed AF or Scout to round out my kit.

The full auto grenade launcher isn't bad when I need to ammo dump on a boss or a group of champions, but I'd rather just have a better rocket launcher or something.

I'm liking Sweet Business over Coldheart recently for boss fights. The recoil just seems to be a lot more manageable...maybe if I turn vibration off Coldheart might be easier to use.

Bought legacy engram from Xur for 97 marks got The Prospector, ran a public event got exotic engram to drop decoded into you guessed it The Prospector.

Antiope D is one of the more popular SMG's in crucible pre DLC. It's like Uriel's gift at mid to short range with better handling.

When I watched and read up on how to be a more aggressive vs reckless crucible player, SMG/Side arm was very popular and performance and k/d was much better. Red Mamba is decent but it doesn't compare to the 1st IB smg or Antiope D. The range on Antiope is just broken and very misleading for and SMG.
I have one of those - I'll have to give it a shot.

Anyone got any Masterwork weapons? I have just gotten that Red Mamba. The orb generation seems to proc pretty often, even with that weapon that I have a hard time getting multi kills with (OMG, imagine a Uriel's with that...).

I ended up getting 2 swords from powerful engrams right after I wrote that. But really I only needed one for now - the others would just be useful later when I don't want to switch guns around. What I need besides some key armor pieces are scouts and auto rifles. Need to get Nameless Midnight/Mida, and Sweet Business/Uriels maxed out...

And ugh, my Zur engram ended up being some boots for the Hunter that I can't even remember what they do. I did it on my Hunter because I still don't have those void-class boots that everyone raves about. I'm not sure what they do any more, but when Seoul explained it to me they sounded pretty good. Then maybe I'd go unlock Voidwalker after I got those ;).

Orpheus Rig boots are the only reason why I play most PVE content w/a hunter...plus it looks cool w/the thigh pouch filled with glowing purple bolts.

I'd get the unique class sword then not another sword drop until for a long time...then I'll get nothing but swords when I need a maxed AF or Scout to round out my kit.

The full auto grenade launcher isn't bad when I need to ammo dump on a boss or a group of champions, but I'd rather just have a better rocket launcher or something.

I'm liking Sweet Business over Coldheart recently for boss fights. The recoil just seems to be a lot more manageable...maybe if I turn vibration off Coldheart might be easier to use.
Antiope D is sweet in PvE. I'll have to try it in PvP.

I have one of those - I'll have to give it a shot.

Anyone got any Masterwork weapons? I have just gotten that Red Mamba. The orb generation seems to proc pretty often, even with that weapon that I have a hard time getting multi kills with (OMG, imagine a Uriel's with that...).
During my last play session my first (and so far only) Masterwork weapon was Uriel's Gift. I have been busy since then and haven't had a chance to really figure out what it means in the end.

I had been using Positive Outlook as my energy weapon and liking it, but I think the two weapons are fairly similar in playstyle.

The nice thing about the Masterwork weapons is the orbs drop from double kills. They drop from the bodies of the enemies and even the person doing the killing can pick them up unlike orbs from Supers.

The new ships look like the Volkswagen Beatles of Destiny.

Also Mayhem is insane. I got 2 kills I died 100 deaths.

Game is definately moving in the right direction as far as end game, but need more. Trials tokens and raid tokens seem to be the best way to get masterwork weapons. The dawning seems interesting so far.

During my last play session my first (and so far only) Masterwork weapon was Uriel's Gift. I have been busy since then and haven't had a chance to really figure out what it means in the end.
Lucky bastard. I got another one the other day and it was a second SMG. :bomb:

The new ships look like the Volkswagen Beatles of Destiny.

Also Mayhem is insane. I got 2 kills I died 100 deaths.
I found it hilarious that one of the challenges in Mayhem yesterday was 10 precision kills. I barely managed 3 with people flying all over the place, and accepted it wasn't going to happen. But at least the multi-kill challenge was super easy to pull off.

305*

305*

304* (no DLC...yet)

I played Titan in Mayhem, I shouldn't just played Hunter w/6 shot golden gun.

One match their hunter hid...then once he had super, stepped out and fired 6 rounds into the general area of where a skirmish was occurring. Then back into the shadows.

FYI - I think recently Bungie stopped making Bond/Mark/Cloak specific mods and now just calls them "Class Item Mods."  I dismantled all of my blue Bond/Mark/Cloak mods and a few of them gave me Mod Components.  That freed up some much needed space.

Where's a good spot to get 15 quick wizard kills for today's Dawning event?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Titan in the PE where there are two. Also, the Savathun's Song strike has lots of them.

I got a Dawning themed sword from that package, I'm quite excited about that!

Man I just keep getting the same crap over and over: sparrows and ghosts.  Would like something else for a change.

How are you guys seeing the same challenges?  It seems like they are different for each of my characters each day.  Is there something I'm missing?  Like last night I had Hobgoblins in one and Fanatics in another and engrams in a 3rd.

I have no idea where to find certain enemy types though. For the hobgoblin one I eventually ground it out on Nessus.  Same with Fanatics - have to wait for the public event.  I suppose strikes would take care of some of these but I don't want to run random ones until I find the right thing.

I got one on my Warlock that I just had to punt.  It was to get 10 engrams - and picking up engrams that immediately turn into weapons/armor didn't count.  It had to be ones you decrypt.  I could have bought them but it would have taken half my shard stash.  I wasted enough getting multiple useless 3 of coins last week.

These things are chewing up so much time I haven't been able to progress through the Crucible stuff.  I just cleared the first Mayhem part on one guy so far.  Is that a weekly thing or what?  How many steps does it have and what are the rewards?  Next step is strikes for me.

I did get 2 Crucible-themed Masterwork weapons to drop last night and this time they were more useful: Better Devils hand canon and a sword.  I thought I was screwed when they came as Crucible ones because I thought the orb bonus only processed on whichever mode your weapon was set to (Vanguard or Crucible).  But I guess that is just for the kill-tracker.

So far I've gotten 5: 2 Red Mamba (SMG), a sidearm, Better Devils, and a sword.

io said:
Man I just keep getting the same crap over and over: sparrows and ghosts. Would like something else for a change.
I've been getting lots of Sparrows, almost none of which are worth keeping. I've gotten two ghosts that are only worth the Bright Dust they give me. I'm hoping I can get this ship so I can put this shader on it:

29ggbcl.png

io said:
How are you guys seeing the same challenges? It seems like they are different for each of my characters each day. Is there something I'm missing? Like last night I had Hobgoblins in one and Fanatics in another and engrams in a 3rd.
It seems to be random whose gift you get, but that person's gift is always the same (if you get the same gift on different characters).

io said:
I have no idea where to find certain enemy types though. For the hobgoblin one I eventually ground it out on Nessus. Same with Fanatics - have to wait for the public event. I suppose strikes would take care of some of these but I don't want to run random ones until I find the right thing.
The best place for Hobgoblins is the Lost Sector in Artifact's Edge on Nessus. There are 10+ of them in one run. For Fanatics, I got lucky and found a section of the Infinite Forest that has them, but I still got most of them in the Mercury PE.

io said:
These things are chewing up so much time I haven't been able to progress through the Crucible stuff. I just cleared the first Mayhem part on one guy so far. Is that a weekly thing or what? How many steps does it have and what are the rewards? Next step is strikes for me.
I think that this Milestone will be weekly. Once you are done with the strikes you turn it in to Ikora. The first time you do so, you get an Dawning Engram and the second and third times I think you just get shaders.

io said:
I did get 2 Crucible-themed Masterwork weapons to drop last night and this time they were more useful: Better Devils hand canon and a sword. I thought I was screwed when they came as Crucible ones because I thought the orb bonus only processed on whichever mode your weapon was set to (Vanguard or Crucible). But I guess that is just for the kill-tracker.

So far I've gotten 5: 2 Red Mamba (SMG), a sidearm, Better Devils, and a sword.
Correct.

If you are having a problem finding a certain enemy go to YouTube and search for a guy named DPJ he has done a video on the best place to find each one. It’s mostly certain Lost Sectors where you need to go.

I also discovered that you can just keep the "daily" things for later.  My Warlock now has two since I got two tough ones for her.  I have the engram collection one and now I have the rare planet resource thing (Dusklight?) for EDZ.  The one where you have to find like 30 just to get 3 blue ones.  And the problem with EDZ is I never got a ghost that shows those things - AND they are nearly impossible to see without it. The other places (especially Titan) are easy to spot the resources at (plus I have ghosts for everywhere else).  But stupid ol' Earth, no of course not there...

I also discovered that you can just keep the "daily" things for later. My Warlock now has two since I got two tough ones for her. I have the engram collection one and now I have the rare planet resource thing (Dusklight?) for EDZ. The one where you have to find like 30 just to get 3 blue ones. And the problem with EDZ is I never got a ghost that shows those things - AND they are nearly impossible to see without it. The other places (especially Titan) are easy to spot the resources at (plus I have ghosts for everywhere else). But stupid ol' Earth, no of course not there...
Yeah I accidentally grabbed 2 gift scematics and could figure out where the 2nd one went. It was with the post master. That edz one took forever. I ended up running a loop between the square and the church in trotsland. That way it would respawn on one end while I did pick ups on the other.

So I had the Dawning rewards bug out on me yesterday.  I had just read an article on Kotaku or Polygon about how people are upset that the daily rewards are only a part of the pool of prizes and the weekly ones you can only get 3 times on your entire account (not per character).

So I finished the Strike one up last night and went back to Ikora for my reward.  I got a single blue transmat effect and nothing else!  Wow, that is atrocious.  I spent an hour doing the 5-6 stupid boring strikes required for that (and in none of those got any of the Wizards or Servitors I needed for my dailies) and got utterly screwed.   My only full slot was ghost shells and I checked the post and even went to orbit and back in.  Nothing.

THEN I switched over to my other two characters and when I went to pick up the Daily schematic, it just straight up gave me a speeder for one and a ghost shell for the other and I did not get a schematic.  I mean, I guess that's good - it just gave the me reward right away.  But still, I did not get the big Dawning engram reward from the strikes like I should have.  Not even fuck ing shaders.

The only good thing out of all of it was that ghost shell does have the EDZ resource finding perk on it so now I can do those ones much easier than before.  I really want the helmet and chest piece for Warlock and Titan.  I only have enough silver dust or whatever it is called for one piece of those 4.  I was hoping I might get at least something through the Dawning engrams but I got crap from my first one and I don't even remember getting the other 2 I was supposed to get (and definitely didn't get one from the Strikes Dawning challenge).

I suppose I can keep getting those crappy speeders and ghost shells and breaking them down - maybe I'll earn enough to buy a couple more pieces.  So far I've kept them all because they are unique, but I really don't need 15+ speeders, for example.  And I can probably get rid of every ghost that doesn't have a resource or cache or exp perk on it.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Enjoyful Festivus.....all that good stuff.  Here's to one genuinely f'ed up 2017 and more space shooting in 2018!

Did everyone else just get the Dawning class items automatically yesterday?  Then I did one of my leftover Titan schematics and got a second Titan Mark.  What sucks is that when I broke it down I just got shards instead of silver dust.

Did everyone else just get the Dawning class items automatically yesterday? Then I did one of my leftover Titan schematics and got a second Titan Mark. What sucks is that when I broke it down I just got shards instead of silver dust.
I'm guessing that one you run through all of the people you can get gifts for they just start handing you the rewards. I was kinda hoping that after weekly reset you could do the gifts again (except for Rahool's gift...), but it was not to be.

I'm guessing that one you run through all of the people you can get gifts for they just start handing you the rewards. I was kinda hoping that after weekly reset you could do the gifts again (except for Rahool's gift...), but it was not to be.
They still just handing stuff out after reset? I'm totally fine with that.

So last night I get a ship from my automatic reward on one guy. Then I went and finished two schematics I had saved up from earlier. They both GAVE ME THE SAME SHIP. So there is definitely something screwy with their rewards. To make it even worse, I didn't even get silver dust when breaking them down - just a couple of shards and weapon parts.

I was hoping to earn enough crap ships and ghosts to get enough silver to buy the armor I wanted, but it seems like despite the outcry over the crappy rewards, they screwed it up even further by limiting the amount of dust you can get - maybe only for the first one of any particular item? I can't even figure out what the hell they did.

I did see a bunch of newbie guardians playing late last night - Christmas guardians I guess ;).

They still just handing stuff out after reset? I'm totally fine with that.

So last night I get a ship from my automatic reward on one guy. Then I went and finished two schematics I had saved up from earlier. They both GAVE ME THE SAME SHIP. So there is definitely something screwy with their rewards. To make it even worse, I didn't even get silver dust when breaking them down - just a couple of shards and weapon parts.

I was hoping to earn enough crap ships and ghosts to get enough silver to buy the armor I wanted, but it seems like despite the outcry over the crappy rewards, they screwed it up even further by limiting the amount of dust you can get - maybe only for the first one of any particular item? I can't even figure out what the hell they did.

I did see a bunch of newbie guardians playing late last night - Christmas guardians I guess ;).
I ended up buying both the chest armor and arms armor for all three of my toons, AND the exotic ship. After dismantling all the ships and sparrows I could spare, I ended up with 22 Silver Dust left, so it will probably be months before I can buy anything again.

bread's done
Back