Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

My Iron Banner recap:

• Grabbed all the Iron Truage gear (pretty easy since I already had most of it).
  • Nabbed all the IT ornaments (proud of this one).  Too bad most of them don't look that great.
  • Cashed in 37 packages for a total of 93 between both events (I staggered hard on the last few days this time).
  • Ended up with Crimil's Dagger * 1, Frostmire's Hex * about 1000, and Gunnora's Axe * ZERO.
  • Got one each of the ghost, ship, and sparrow (not digging the sparrow)
  • My Titan is STILL 334 because 330 chest armor is MIA.  In fact, I haven't even seen an exotic chest armor in weeks...

Iron banner:

- All armor for both titan and hunter.
- 2 sparrow, no ghost, no ship
- all weapons both seasons
- only ornament I missed was the chest. I got to 85%. So about another 30 melee/grenade kills. But in that 1 week I got more melee / grenade kills in the crucible than I did the entire time in the crucible before.

I started in on Iron Banner last Tuesday evening and played about 3 matches.  I had knee surgery the Friday prior so I was kind of hopped up on pain pills.  We dominated the first match and then in the second one I was kinda not feeling it and we were getting destroyed.  One of the rando teammates sent me multiple messages berating me for taking B on this one map where it is not advantageous.  We were getting slaughtered so I don't think it would have made much difference either way but whatever.  Haven't had a rando yell at me in a while. 

Then I got the stomach flu, which is *awesome* to have when you are on crutches and can barely move by the way.  I highly recommend it ;).   I couldn't even look at my phone for 2 days let alone a TV screen.  By the time I felt better it was the weekend and I just wasn't feeling getting back into IB especially after that sour experience with the PMs.  So I actually didn't even get on to Destiny and do the Flashpoint for the first time in a long while.  But I did get everyone to 335 the week prior so I kind of don't see the point any more.

Plus I started playing Zelda Breathe of the Wild and that game is even better than I expected (despite all the hype).  Not sure if/when I'll be back to Destiny but I am still around.  If anyone ever wants to put together a Raid lair crew I'm up for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started in on Iron Banner last Tuesday evening and played about 3 matches. I had knee surgery the Friday prior so I was kind of hopped up on pain pills. We dominated the first match and then in the second one I was kinda not feeling it and we were getting destroyed. One of the rando teammates sent me multiple messages berating me for taking B on this one map where it is not advantageous. We were getting slaughtered so I don't think it would have made much difference either way but whatever. Haven't had a rando yell at me in a while.

Then I got the stomach flu, which is *awesome* to have when you are on crutches and can barely move by the way. I highly recommend it ;). I couldn't even look at my phone for 2 days let alone a TV screen. By the time I felt better it was the weekend and I just wasn't feeling getting back into IB especially after that sour experience with the PMs. So I actually didn't even get on to Destiny and do the Flashpoint for the first time in a long while. But I did get everyone to 335 the week prior so I kind of don't see the point any more.

Plus I started playing Zelda Breathe of the Wild and that game is even better than I expected (despite all the hype). Not sure if/when I'll be back to Destiny but I am still around. If anyone ever wants to put together a Raid lair crew I'm up for that.
Hope you're feeling better.

I was watching the elo ratings for teams matched up during iron banner via destinytracker.com. And there seems to be a significant disparity. Sometimes I had a 90% chance of loosing. WTF? Sometimes I would just hide to protect KAD. My elo would get damaged but not my KAD.

Crimson Days are coming 2/13 - 2/20. Will have a knockout system for rewards to prevent duplicates.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46617
I wish they would retire that sparrow body...

EDIT - BTW, has anyone noticed that 160 speed sparrows are now REALLY slow? If I'm traveling on my sparrow from Winding Cove to Firebase Hades, I usually cut straight across areas of the map that are out of bounds, but I would go through them fast enough that it doesn't kill me. Now, I don't travel fast enough to make it.

I wish they would retire that sparrow body...

EDIT - BTW, has anyone noticed that 160 speed sparrows are now REALLY slow? If I'm traveling on my sparrow from Winding Cove to Firebase Hades, I usually cut straight across areas of the map that are out of bounds, but I would go through them fast enough that it doesn't kill me. Now, I don't travel fast enough to make it.
Never tried the out of bounds trick.

Suddenly the graphical out put from destiny has gone hay wire. Screen dims and flickers. Other games, apps, and homescreen seem to be okay. Anyone else notice a problem? Or did I miss an update?

Looks interesting.  Will definitely want to complete a Nightfall for that dance emote.  And if anyone is up for doubles I'm game.  I remember that being super stressful last time but there you go...

If anyone is around Tuesday evening for Nightfall let me know.  I can try to be on earlier for Moose and the rest of you guys.

I’m on a schedule now where I can do Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. Would love to start doing the weekly stuff if possible. My character is only a helmet away from 335.

I can also meet up tomorrow night to do some of this weeks stuff if anyone wants to set something up.

Glad to see this is how they are handling rewards... but it should have been this way from the beginning. I am too far disconnected from D2 now to care to come back. Which is a bummer, I WANT to want to play haha I just don't anymore.

Glad to see this is how they are handling rewards... but it should have been this way from the beginning. I am too far disconnected from D2 now to care to come back. Which is a bummer, I WANT to want to play haha I just don't anymore.
My buddy finally got 335 on all his characters and he's since pretty much stopped playing. And when he's the only other member of your clan, that puts you in a little bit of a pickle...

Looking to join the clan and/or get connected, thanks!

PSN = Verocles

Timezone = CST
Best time = 5-10pm
Main = Warlock
Interested in = Everything

I'm game this weekend. I almost solo'ed it last night but my discipline wasn't quite there and I ran out of time.
We ended up doing the Nightfall as a duo. The clan is super-dead. Even during Crimson Days week we didn't manage to get the Crucible or Nightfall engrams. Pretty lame for a group of 100! At least it was that way as of Saturday night - I didn't check after that. Chnandler isn't in the CAG clan so our runs didn't count.

I did get the exotic heart "I Love You" emote. Whoo-hoo, I guess...

I'm still on quite a bit. Did play during Crimson days and picked up a speeder, some shaders, the amour dance emote, and sever ghost shells ... and 0 kills for crimson days crucible matches. I did take a break for the last few days. I think I just need to be more agressive in teaming up with people to complete some of the tasks I haven't been doing - nightfall, raids, clan activities, etc.

We ended up doing the Nightfall as a duo. The clan is super-dead. Even during Crimson Days week we didn't manage to get the Crucible or Nightfall engrams. Pretty lame for a group of 100! At least it was that way as of Saturday night - I didn't check after that. Chnandler isn't in the CAG clan so our runs didn't count.

I did get the exotic heart "I Love You" emote. Whoo-hoo, I guess...
Since my clan of two is only half active right now, if there were room in the CAG clan I would probably jump ship...

Hey everyone! It was brought to my attention that I have been neglecting Destiny 2 and the clan itself! Sorry about that, with so many games and so little time I have barely come back to Destiny after the first fumble of their dlc. That said I still hop on occasionally but I know not enough to keep the ship running properly! I am going to bump io up in the clan and from there he can assign a new officer then too to help out. I don't play as much so I am not sure who else has been continually active but I am sure you do io!

Crimson Days recap:

• I only did the Crimson Days milestone on two characters because I'm hit or miss (mostly miss) when it comes to doubles Crucible. 
  • I got a smattering of ghosts (a few even useful!), all the limited edition exotic ornaments (except for the Wardcliff Coil), all the emotes (including my new favorite dance from the Nightfall), and the good looking exotic sparrow.

Faction Rally recap:

• I finished off my gear sets for all factions/classes. I already had all the ornaments from the last FR.
  • I only ended up completing about half of the daily milestones, and I didn't play ANY Crucible this week.  This week, Life has kicked me in the balls and kept me way too busy to focus on the game.  I WILL unlock the Crucible helm ornament if it's the last thing I do. :)
  • I randomly got two pieces of Omega Mechanos gear, so to celebrate I bought two of the chest pieces from Eververse.  Now I only lack the helmet for my Hunter, the helmet and gloves for my Warlock, and the boots for my Titan.  Once I get all the gear for my hunter, I might have a hard time choosing between the Swordflight gear and this gear.  What a horrible problem to have. :)
  • My Titan FFFFFFFFINALLY went 335, so now to start upgrading all her gear to 330/335.  Love those random 330 drops!

I don't play as much so I am not sure who else has been continually active but I am sure you do io!
The answer is no one, as far as I can see (at least on Xbox). I haven't played since Crimson Days 2 weeks ago and probably won't this week. I am far too busy to deal with the clan this week but I'll try to get to it when I can. Is there a way to tell how long it has been since someone played? I would definitely cull out anyone who hasn't played in 6 months.

The answer is no one, as far as I can see (at least on Xbox). I haven't played since Crimson Days 2 weeks ago and probably won't this week. I am far too busy to deal with the clan this week but I'll try to get to it when I can. Is there a way to tell how long it has been since someone played? I would definitely cull out anyone who hasn't played in 6 months.
Oh dang, first glance of the thread it seemed like you were still pretty active! Sorry to throw that on you then. I could not find a way to look at last active as far as I could tell. Plus we have like a billion PS members it looks like and not nearly as many xbox as is. I definitely do not recognize a single PS member haha

Anyone know a way to gauge when the last time someone was active for the clan?

From this Reddit post:

Go to d2checklist.com, connect with ur bungie account and go to "My Clan". Shows the last time login from every member. Easy and nice.

EDIT - I see several that are 4+ months inactive...including some freeloader named CheapyD.

EDIT - And a few that have NEVER logged in...

EDIT - https://www.d2checklist.com/clan/2158254

Oh dang, first glance of the thread it seemed like you were still pretty active! Sorry to throw that on you then. I could not find a way to look at last active as far as I could tell. Plus we have like a billion PS members it looks like and not nearly as many xbox as is. I definitely do not recognize a single PS member haha

Don't delete me. I'm ubiquetous1138.

Yeah the never logged ins can go for sure.  That will probably free up enough room for now,  Just need to add chnandler at least.

And Broly - it's cool, I definitely can look at it.  Just this week is crazy at home.

Yeah the never logged ins can go for sure. That will probably free up enough room for now, Just need to add chnandler at least.

And Broly - it's cool, I definitely can look at it. Just this week is crazy at home.
Any chance this needed Clan Cleanup can happen before reset? :)

Any chance this needed Clan Cleanup can happen before reset? :)
Ooph! I forgot to follow up after I lazily passed the buck on to io hahah so sorry!

I see you posted that super helpful link with last activity. I have cleared out a few spots but I cannot for the life of me remember your Gamertag.

What are the specific tags of you and your buddy and I'll shoot you invites tonight.

Ooph! I forgot to follow up after I lazily passed the buck on to io hahah so sorry!

I see you posted that super helpful link with last activity. I have cleared out a few spots but I cannot for the life of me remember your Gamertag.

What are the specific tags of you and your buddy and I'll shoot you invites tonight.
Anak Chuckatoa
Androthi Kalian

Thanks for that!

I finally got through the campaign with my hunter and got the last achievement I needed in this game.  Yay me.  I enjoyed playing as a hunter, so I may work to level him up.  But, more than anything, I'm anxious to official news on the next DLC.  Should be soon.

I finally got through the campaign with my hunter and got the last achievement I needed in this game. Yay me. I enjoyed playing as a hunter, so I may work to level him up. But, more than anything, I'm anxious to official news on the next DLC. Should be soon.
I saw you online last night and I wondered what you were doing playing "Earth - Story." I guess you were going through the story missions on Earth or something. :p

This week's TWAB has a lot of detail around what changes are being made to Crucible on 3/27. Lots of timers being shortened (respawn and Power ammo) and Competitive mode and Trials are losing the Tracker (mini radar?). I don't know if this will be a good thing or not (for me), so I'll probably work on getting those Competitive wins for the helmet ornament before then.

Anyone want to be a third for a Nightfall attempt on :xb1: ?  It would be late tonight, or possibly later this weekend as well.

I'm game. Which nightfall run is up this week?
Why it's the Pyramidion of course, with everyone's favor color commentator Asher Mir!

Remember, there are no mods in the regular NF for now, so save your Supers for Brakion's last teleport!

Also, I wouldn't mind trying out the scenario where as soon as he appears you put a Titan at his feet and he's so bothered by it that he doesn't think to teleport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCx5Tq46jck

Why it's the Pyramidion of course, with everyone's favor color commentator Asher Mir!

Remember, there are no mods in the regular NF for now, so save your Supers for Brakion's last teleport!

Also, I wouldn't mind trying out the scenario where as soon as he appears you put a Titan at his feet and he's so bothered by it that he doesn't think to teleport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCx5Tq46jck
I can be on later tonight (EST) like around 10 PM and I'd be up for a NF.

bread's done
Back