Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

That escalation protocol mode is for 370 and above. I was in groups of 6-7 people and we couldn’t beat the Orge boss at the end of the first tier.
Yeah that was an Ogre there nuking us. Then it just ended. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on ;).

I played last night and not a single person on my friends list was playing Destiny (and note that most of my list came from people I met playing Destiny 1). True, it was late, but not THAT late. I started around 11:30 Pacific. I'll try to play again tonight.

I'm not sure if I was in that escalation mode thing or not - I was in some sort of wave-based public event in the new space where I kept getting killed.

I've only done the first mission and then got to the new public area and then spent some time trying to level up via faction rewards. Funny thing - got a Masterwork Uriel's from the Nessus rewards. I had created one of those back when they first added that stuff.

I was very confused by some emblems I had in my post - they were planet-themed with progress on them to different levels for each planet? These did not seem to be new things - when did they come out?

Do faction packages cap out at 340 now? What is the new highest cap? I'm wondering when I should cash in powerful engrams this time.

I'd still like to try a Raid lair at some point - have yet to do a single one.

Edit: Well, I just read this: https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-s-warmind-expansion-is-both-disappointing-and-1825895692
and it indicates the new power cap is 385. Wow, I'm a way from that still ;). Also it appears the highest level stuff is now locked behind Raid/Trials. So I guess that isn't happening. I didn't like the ease with which you could hit the cap before because it devalued the Raid, etc. But now that I have no one to raid with, I wish it was like that. I can see how they would struggle with this decision, though, and there's almost no way to make everyone happy.
My friends list went from 6 playing destiny to 43. Pretty crazy. The grind is back. Your power matters a little more now. Now if we can just get random rolls back.

OK I'll do my best to answer all your questions:

io said:
I played last night and not a single person on my friends list was playing Destiny (and note that most of my list came from people I met playing Destiny 1). True, it was late, but not THAT late. I started around 11:30 Pacific. I'll try to play again tonight.
11:30 for you is 1:30 for me, so SHOULDN'T be online (but I probably am anyways).

io said:
I'm not sure if I was in that escalation mode thing or not - I was in some sort of wave-based public event in the new space where I kept getting killed.
Yep, that was Round 1 of Escalation Protocol. "Welcome to the party pal!"

io said:
I was very confused by some emblems I had in my post - they were planet-themed with progress on them to different levels for each planet? These did not seem to be new things - when did they come out?
Those were added to the game in the "Go Fast" update at the end of March. They went straight to your toon's Emblem section and any overflow ended up at the Postmaster. They track all the scannables (where applicable) and region chests and Lost Sectors you've found. There are also four variants for each Emblem you can find randomly in that planet's chests. You can change the variant by inspecting the Emblem.

io said:
Do faction packages cap out at 340 now? What is the new highest cap? I'm wondering when I should cash in powerful engrams this time.
From what I can tell, ALL powerful engrams should give you opportunities for higher PL gear, it's just that the Raid and Trials rewards are better at it. For example, I was 345 and I turned in the Flahspoint Milestone and got an engram at 346 PL (so 351 gear with Legendary mods). The Clan XP engram seems to be glitched though and is only giving you up to 340 PL rewards. All of the Clan Engrams max out at 340 I believe, so they are sadly very quickly worthless (maybe a chance at a new exotic perhaps?). It looks like purple engrams max out at 340 also, and I think blue drops will too.

io said:
I'd still like to try a Raid lair at some point - have yet to do a single one.
Hell yes, either the Raid or the old Raid Lair or the new one (that launched today). But my desire to complete the Raid has gone down a very tiny bit, because they moved the Legend of Acrius questline out of my Power Weapons area and into a new section of the Inventory page called "Pursuits."

io said:
Edit: Well, I just read this: https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-s-warmind-expansion-is-both-disappointing-and-1825895692
and it indicates the new power cap is 385. Wow, I'm a way from that still ;). Also it appears the highest level stuff is now locked behind Raid/Trials. So I guess that isn't happening. I didn't like the ease with which you could hit the cap before because it devalued the Raid, etc. But now that I have no one to raid with, I wish it was like that. I can see how they would struggle with this decision, though, and there's almost no way to make everyone happy.
Well hopefully we'll have enough of the community back to attempt some of these larger things. At least a three man fireteam for the NightFall (which might be easier than the Heroic Strikes at this point).

All that said, I will make myself available for any of these activities when I can.

Yep right now the basic NF (270 LL) is much easier than the Herioc Strikes (350LL). I got lucky today and 2 of 3 Strikes I ran I got added to teams already at the bosses. Being 348 at the time I ran them I was getting wasted a lot.

I also ran around Mars today getting all the data things you have to shoot. I got 44 out of the 45 but the one I’m missing doesn’t seem to be where all the guides show it being at. I don’t know if I’m screwed out of the reward or what. I ran the guide Datto did and followed it exactly in order. I also tried leaving Mars and coming back also with no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, the Graviton Lance is DAMN FANTASTIC.  It's only downside is that it can't be MW'ed (yet, hopefully) so it doesn't generate orbs.

I've got a friend in the Clan who'll try the 1st Raid Lair if we can get a group together, preferably on a weekend (neither of us ever ran it). He's good, just lacking the interest to put in hours of raid time during the work week like it was in Destiny 1. We're both stuck at/near 345 right now.

Hell yes, either the Raid or the old Raid Lair or the new one (that launched today). But my desire to complete the Raid has gone down a very tiny bit, because they moved the Legend of Acrius questline out of my Power Weapons area and into a new section of the Inventory page called "Pursuits."

Well hopefully we'll have enough of the community back to attempt some of these larger things. At least a three man fireteam for the NightFall (which might be easier than the Heroic Strikes at this point).

I've got a friend in the Clan who'll try the 1st Raid Lair if we can get a group together, preferably on a weekend (neither of us ever ran it). He's good, just lacking the interest to put in hours of raid time during the work week like it was in Destiny 1. We're both stuck at/near 345 right now.
Invite accepted. Have your friend add any friends from the clan for the same platform and have at it.

I've been out of the Destiny 2 grind playing GoW. Time to get back in and put my nose to the grind stone.
Luckily, we have enough people playing to max out the weekly Clan XP progression.

Crap I just did mine.
Now you'll NEVER reach max power. :p

So to be clear, this only means the Clan XP engram you get from her for earning 5000 experience towards the clan. The other engrams she offers - the Crucible, Nightfall, Raid, and Trials engrams - I believe are capped at 340 correctly (as intended).

Anyone happen to know why the Carrhae emblem shares the same mark as the one found all over the Clovis Bray facility?

The Carrhae emblem was included with certain editions of the ghost vinyl. I got mine with a kill tracker ghost. Of course, this emblem was released prior to the release of season 3's Warmind. Hence I'm wondering if there's any known connection between the 2.

Did Clovis Bray create/manufacture the ghost shells?

Also of note The Battle of Carrhae was a real thing.

The Battle of Carrhae was fought in 53 BC between the Roman Republic and the Parthian Empire near the town of Carrhae. The Parthian general Surena decisively defeated a numerically superior Roman invasion force under the command of Marcus Licinius Crassus. It is commonly seen as one of the earliest and most important battles between the Roman and Parthian empires and one of the most crushing defeats in Roman history.
0ef027c5649ca9fced3a735c18623927.jpg

Anyone happen to know why the Carrhae emblem shares the same mark as the one found all over the Clovis Bray facility?

The Carrhae emblem was included with certain editions of the ghost vinyl. I got mine with a kill tracker ghost. Of course, this emblem was released prior to the release of season 3's Warmind. Hence I'm wondering if there's any known connection between the 2.

Did Clovis Bray create/manufacture the ghost shells?

Also of note The Battle of Carrhae was a real thing.

The Battle of Carrhae was fought in 53 BC between the Roman Republic and the Parthian Empire near the town of Carrhae. The Parthian general Surena decisively defeated a numerically superior Roman invasion force under the command of Marcus Licinius Crassus. It is commonly seen as one of the earliest and most important battles between the Roman and Parthian empires and one of the most crushing defeats in Roman history.
0ef027c5649ca9fced3a735c18623927.jpg
In Destiny, Carrhae is a Warmind Protocol.

if anybody is interested I spotted this at Gamestop today, I .think it came out on Tuesday. I think their exclusive Cayde 6 comes out on Saturday,

[attachment=30221:d2pop.JPG]

Crucible Labs? But yes more faction rallies.
From that page:

I can already hear you asking “What is Crucible Labs?” and I’m glad you want to know more. Update 1.2.1 will include a new feature intended to give you a peek behind the scenes and a louder voice in our creative process. Crucible Labs will give every player of Destiny 2 access to experimental PvP content. We’ll then have a chance to solicit your feedback to guide our final iterations. You'll learn more about Labs before launch. For today, with it making an appearance on the Roadmap, I wanted to give you a preview of our goals. More to come on this soon.

So I forgot to turn in a stack of iron banner tokens at the end of season 2. But it worked out because I retrieved 10 packages for this week's iron banner before I even played a round of iron banner.

Now I just have to come up with a plan for my 1000+ crucible tokens.

So I forgot to turn in a stack of iron banner tokens at the end of season 2. But it worked out because I retrieved 10 packages for this week's iron banner before I even played a round of iron banner.

Now I just have to come up with a plan for my 1000+ crucible tokens.
I think they need to bring back some sort of market for materials/tokens you don't use. Aside from Calus and Vanguard Research and Iron Banner, I have WAY too many of all the tokens.

FYI to anyone interested in Raid gear and you aren't able to raid - you can probably still jump into the opening area and complete a few of the challenges each week to get some tokens (3 per challenge). That will slowly add up to enough tokens to turn in for packages.

EDIT - Added more words.

If you guys are in the 350 range and get the heroic strike for The Inverted Spire do yourself a favor and back out. With Arc singe being active it’s not fun at all. Tried this morning when Grounded was also active it was not fun at all.

If you guys are in the 350 range and get the heroic strike for The Inverted Spire do yourself a favor and back out. With Arc singe being active it’s not fun at all. Tried this morning when Grounded was also active it was not fun at all.
Yeah. I tried 1 heroic strike w/ 2 randos. After an hour of not getting through they took off. It was rough.

If any of you are online... trying to finish the EOW raid, at the boss. My team wiped, somebody had to go to bed, and we just kinda fell apart.

If any of you are online... trying to finish the EOW raid, at the boss. My team wiped, somebody had to go to bed, and we just kinda fell apart.
Sorry I missed this! Even though I've never done any raid I would have been game if your team would have patience for a noob. Add me for future reference --> Anak Chuckatoa.

EDIT - Better yet, if you are comfortable with it feel free to post your GT in the Wiki post of this thread.

And Graviton Lance is the new Vigilance Wing.
I got crushed this morning in the crucible. I had trouble getting an efficiency rating of 1. I have come along way from the days when I would average a 0.35. I've gotten my D2 average up to 0.96. Am I the only Player getting dropped into crucible matches in progress with teams that are already 30+ points behind?

I got crushed this morning in the crucible. I had trouble getting an efficiency rating of 1. I have come along way from the days when I would average a 0.35. I've gotten my D2 average up to 0.96. Am I the only Player getting dropped into crucible matches in progress with teams that are already 30+ points behind?
Last week I was flying into an IB match with four others and I was confused as to where the sixth was (he wasn't on the screen with the other five ships). As soon as we landed I saw - the sixth was in a match by himself against six others and the match was being called as the five of us were joining.

Last week I was flying into an IB match with four others and I was confused as to where the sixth was (he wasn't on the screen with the other five ships). As soon as we landed I saw - the sixth was in a match by himself against six others and the match was being called as the five of us were joining.
There's some weirdness going on in the match making.

Real easy to triple dip the NF this week for Powerful Gear. First run regular NF and get your drop at the end plus your weekly NF reward. Than run prestige NF with solar and heavyweight turned on you can waste the boss in the first room and be done with it. You than will get a purple engram to drop that will also be above your current power level.

Real easy to triple dip the NF this week for Powerful Gear. First run regular NF and get your drop at the end plus your weekly NF reward. Than run prestige NF with solar and heavyweight turned on you can waste the boss in the first room and be done with it. You than will get a purple engram to drop that will also be above your current power level.
Did you run the NF solo?

The Year 2 reveal is happening now, and what I've seen has me excited! Hopefully a lot of people's complaints will be addressed.

https://youtu.be/EzlZFJAcv7g

The Year 2 reveal is happening now, and what I've seen has me excited! Hopefully a lot of people's complaints will be addressed.

https://youtu.be/EzlZFJAcv7g
I was on the fence until I saw that the annual pass isn't included with the expansion. They want to milk another $30 out of me? I know they say it is for content drops throughout the year but so far what they have said they will give has been less than stellar. Remember when Eververse was supposed to support live content? I am not too happy with the state Destiny 2 is in (for different reasons than most) and I was very satisfied with D1 after Rise of Iron. I am very much taking a wait and see approach to this especially with that, in my opinion, price hike. Who knows, maybe Anthem will wow me at E3. Otherwise I know I loved Red Dead's multi on 360. That could be great too and offer a suitable replacement.

I was on the fence until I saw that the annual pass isn't included with the expansion. They want to milk another $30 out of me? I know they say it is for content drops throughout the year but so far what they have said they will give has been less than stellar. Remember when Eververse was supposed to support live content? I am not too happy with the state Destiny 2 is in (for different reasons than most) and I was very satisfied with D1 after Rise of Iron. I am very much taking a wait and see approach to this especially with that, in my opinion, price hike. Who knows, maybe Anthem will wow me at E3. Otherwise I know I loved Red Dead's multi on 360. That could be great too and offer a suitable replacement.
Wasn't TTK (the expansion at this same spot in the lifecycle of D1) $40?

So the expansion is included with the annual pass or are they modular?

Kotaku is reporting:

Forsaken costs $40 on its own, and $70 with the annual pass.

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2s-next-expansion-is-changing-a-lot-1826571474

Which means Forsaken is $40, Annual Pass is $30, and together they are $70? Or can you only get Forsaken @ $40, or the Annual Pass which includes Forsaken for $70?

Edit: Polygon had a better description

Destiny 2: Forsaken will cost $39.99 on its own. A bundle of Forsaken and its Annual Pass will be available for $69.99. Bungie and Activision will also sell a Digital Deluxe Edition of the expansion for $79.99 that includes Forsaken itself, the Annual Pass and a set of Awoken-themed in-game items. Activision also said that when Forsaken launches this September, the company will release all of Destiny 2’s existing PlayStation 4-exclusive content on PC and Xbox

Edit 2: Looking at preorders available shows 4 options.

1) Forsaken for $39.99
2) Annual Pass for $34.99
3) Forsaken + Annual Pass for $69.99
4) Digital Deluxe for $79.99

PS4 prices above round up 1¢ for Xbox.

Yep. Except I didn't need an annual pass to get additional things. My reference was to having to buy an expansion PLUS the annual pass if you want the full experience.

So the expansion is included with the annual pass or are they modular?

Kotaku is reporting:

Forsaken costs $40 on its own, and $70 with the annual pass.

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2s-next-expansion-is-changing-a-lot-1826571474

Which means Forsaken is $40, Annual Pass is $30, and together they are $70? Or can you only get Forsaken @ $40, or the Annual Pass which includes Forsaken for $70?

Edit: Polygon had a better description

Destiny 2: Forsaken will cost $39.99 on its own. A bundle of Forsaken and its Annual Pass will be available for $69.99. Bungie and Activision will also sell a Digital Deluxe Edition of the expansion for $79.99 that includes Forsaken itself, the Annual Pass and a set of Awoken-themed in-game items. Activision also said that when Forsaken launches this September, the company will release all of Destiny 2’s existing PlayStation 4-exclusive content on PC and Xbox

Edit 2: Looking at preorders available shows 4 options.

1) Forsaken for $39.99
2) Annual Pass for $34.99
3) Forsaken + Annual Pass for $69.99
4) Digital Deluxe for $79.99

PS4 prices above round up 1¢ for Xbox.
Annual Pass is listed on Gamestop separately for $35 as well. So bundling saves $5.

Edit: I must have read too quickly and didn't see you put the price for the pass already. :whistle2:

Ah man, this $70+ extra to keep playing in September might finally kill this game for me.  I've been on board so far because I dropped $100 on the Deluxe edition or whatever it was before the game came out.  Now that all the regulars I used to play with have stopped playing (long ago) I don't feel like I'm getting as much out of it as I used to.  I have only completed the raid twice and have never even set foot in the raid lairs. 

I had fun jumping back on with Chnandler (you are Anak, right?) to do some Nightfalls and I will probably take part in the faction rally this week (and more Nightfalls) if I can find the time, but I just don't know after September if I'll keep at it.  I actually appreciate the slower grind to hit max light this time around because I feel like I can chip away at it a little each week and it gives me a goal to go for.  I had pretty much stopped playing when I maxed out at 335 before.

Actually, I've pretty much stopped playing all console games now, but I have stuck with this one because I have put so much time into it.  I feel like I've gotten good enough that I certainly don't want to start some other shooter (like Fortnite) and be back at square one.  I do need to get back to the Switch and finish Zelda though.  Like almost every other single player game I got 75-90% through and then just stopped ;).

So what is everyone doing for Faction Rally?  I really have no idea which weapon is good any more.

Ah man, this $70+ extra to keep playing in September might finally kill this game for me. I've been on board so far because I dropped $100 on the Deluxe edition or whatever it was before the game came out. Now that all the regulars I used to play with have stopped playing (long ago) I don't feel like I'm getting as much out of it as I used to. I have only completed the raid twice and have never even set foot in the raid lairs.

I had fun jumping back on with Chnandler (you are Anak, right?) to do some Nightfalls and I will probably take part in the faction rally this week (and more Nightfalls) if I can find the time, but I just don't know after September if I'll keep at it. I actually appreciate the slower grind to hit max light this time around because I feel like I can chip away at it a little each week and it gives me a goal to go for. I had pretty much stopped playing when I maxed out at 335 before.

Actually, I've pretty much stopped playing all console games now, but I have stuck with this one because I have put so much time into it. I feel like I've gotten good enough that I certainly don't want to start some other shooter (like Fortnite) and be back at square one. I do need to get back to the Switch and finish Zelda though. Like almost every other single player game I got 75-90% through and then just stopped ;).

So what is everyone doing for Faction Rally? I really have no idea which weapon is good any more.
I haven't done any raids yet. Good to know I'm not too far behind one of the most active Destiny players I know! ;)

Ah man, this $70+ extra to keep playing in September might finally kill this game for me. I've been on board so far because I dropped $100 on the Deluxe edition or whatever it was before the game came out. Now that all the regulars I used to play with have stopped playing (long ago) I don't feel like I'm getting as much out of it as I used to. I have only completed the raid twice and have never even set foot in the raid lairs.

I had fun jumping back on with Chnandler (you are Anak, right?) to do some Nightfalls and I will probably take part in the faction rally this week (and more Nightfalls) if I can find the time, but I just don't know after September if I'll keep at it. I actually appreciate the slower grind to hit max light this time around because I feel like I can chip away at it a little each week and it gives me a goal to go for. I had pretty much stopped playing when I maxed out at 335 before.

Actually, I've pretty much stopped playing all console games now, but I have stuck with this one because I have put so much time into it. I feel like I've gotten good enough that I certainly don't want to start some other shooter (like Fortnite) and be back at square one. I do need to get back to the Switch and finish Zelda though. Like almost every other single player game I got 75-90% through and then just stopped ;).

So what is everyone doing for Faction Rally? I really have no idea which weapon is good any more.
chnandler_bong = Anak Chuckatoa

I'll probably pre-order Forsaken, with the option to change that to Forsaken++ before release (which will most likely happen because I like content). I don't think we know much about the content of the Annual Pass, other than the names of the releases. It might be safe to assume that there is exclusive loot in those activities, but I'll be scouring Reddit to confirm this.

For this week's FR, I've decided to go with FWC. I looked at a bunch of the ornaments for all three factions and classes and they all look mostly pretty good, but I want to improve my Sunshot and I sometimes wear the Knucklehead Radar (but it doesn't look that much different with/without the ornament?). I'm already ~80% of the way to unlocking all the ornaments for my Hunter, but somehow I don't have my Entanglement Bond anymore and I don't have the option to outright buy one. That hurts.

If I'm on when you're on, I'll probably be up for doing a NF / PNF. Those powerful drops keep me coming back!

chnandler_bong = Anak Chuckatoa

I'll probably pre-order Forsaken, with the option to change that to Forsaken++ before release (which will most likely happen because I like content). I don't think we know much about the content of the Annual Pass, other than the names of the releases. It might be safe to assume that there is exclusive loot in those activities, but I'll be scouring Reddit to confirm this.

For this week's FR, I've decided to go with FWC. I looked at a bunch of the ornaments for all three factions and classes and they all look mostly pretty good, but I want to improve my Sunshot and I sometimes wear the Knucklehead Radar (but it doesn't look that much different with/without the ornament?). I'm already ~80% of the way to unlocking all the ornaments for my Hunter, but somehow I don't have my Entanglement Bond anymore and I don't have the option to outright buy one. That hurts.

If I'm on when you're on, I'll probably be up for doing a NF / PNF. Those powerful drops keep me coming back!
Kind of wish destiny had some type Player to Player gear trading system, a marketplace of sorts. I understand that gear is the reward for completing certain in game actions, but some times I just can't get that 335 level Titan mark to drop. Some one else's might be willing to trade a 336 auto rifle I have for that Titan mark.

I always go with FWC. I like purple.

I might drop the $70, this game has been my main grind. But I won't pay cash for it. Space bucks.
Yeah the problem is that the $100 I dropped on Destiny 2 Deluxe was pretty much the last of my space bucks. I haven't been trading games in and getting cheap Xbox Live money any more. It's all cash now ;). Still, I'd pay that if I thought I'd be able to take part in the multiplayer stuff a bit more. My original raid group from Destiny 1 pretty much broke up for Destiny 2. Only 3 of the 6 even got the game, and 2 of those (the ones besides me, obviously) only played for a few weeks then gave it up. I see them playing other stuff all the time now. Then my second loose group (including Vendetta from here on CAG) also seem to have given up the game really quickly.

So I only really did the Destiny 2 raid when CAGs were running it, but that died off when the first expansion came out.

I will probably be on starting tomorrow night so I'll see you guys then.

bread's done
Back