Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

I don't think those will be too hard but Reckoning might be a little hairy, as it has a recommended level of 650. Is Gambit power level dependent or normalized like Crucible? I don't even know.
Ok cool. Yeah I can't touch Reckoning yet as it has a requirement of 650. Prime doesn't have one, but I was afraid I'd be up against 650's

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Ok cool. Yeah I can't touch Reckoning yet as it has a requirement of 650. Prime doesn't have one, but I was afraid I'd be up against 650's
You probably will be. Like Chnandler said, get those 640 bounties done and get there at least - won't be very much different from 650.

Super disappointed in the 640 bounties. Garbage blue gear requiring a ton of glimmer and cores to upgrade. SMH. I literally just play Gambit now and was so excited for this release, yet I've played a bunch of crap I'm not interested in and got poop gear. Ugh now the real grind is next. Poorly handled Bungie [emoji26]

That Reckoning activity is not a joke. I think I had one clear in like 5 attempts last night. It might be time to bust out the old Tractor Cannon and Nova Bomb strategy from Escalation Protocol.

Super disappointed in the 640 bounties. Garbage blue gear requiring a ton of glimmer and cores to upgrade. SMH. I literally just play Gambit now and was so excited for this release, yet I've played a bunch of crap I'm not interested in and got poop gear. Ugh now the real grind is next. Poorly handled Bungie [emoji26]

The key to that gear is to just have it when you get your powerful drops. Instead of getting powerful drops that would nudge your 609, you will get whatever light level the blue stuff brings you up to. Assuming you did everything and got a piece for every slot, your next powerful drop should be at least a 640 purple.

You don't have to even equip the blue stuff. Just have it in your inventory when you do your daily heroic adventure or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
The key to that gear is to just have it when you get your powerful drops. Instead of getting powerful drops that would nudge your 609, you will get whatever light level the blue stuff brings you up to. Assuming you did everything and got a piece for every slot, your next powerful drop should be at least a 640 purple.

You don't have to even equip the blue stuff. Just have it in your inventory when you do your daily heroic adventure or whatever.
While you don't need to equip the new 640 gear to increase your max PL and the PL of your powerful drops, you DO need to have ~640 gear equipped stand a chance in 650+ activities.

That Reckoning activity is not a joke. I think I had one clear in like 5 attempts last night. It might be time to bust out the old Tractor Cannon and Nova Bomb strategy from Escalation Protocol.
I noticed that it was significantly harder last night. It took me 3-4 attempts before a group got in with me that could handle it. Do the modifiers change every day? The reason it was so hard last night was because of the "glass" something modifier that gives you half shields and health but much faster recovery. I started doing better when I adapted to that: frequently ducking in and out for quick shots and then finding cover to recover shields. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do that the first day and it seemed much easier then. I also remember the elements cycling every several seconds the first night - I assumed you'd have a boost whenever your preferred element came along. Last night was just void burn.

I've gotten 8 or 9 Gambit Prime armor pieces (between the Sentry and Reaper classes) and not a single one has a great roll yet. Given that they need to be upgraded I'm really waiting on a perfect set. I am almost about to upgrade my mote container though. It worries me that then I will be a in a much harder version of Reckoning (but one that I think will give me +3 gear instead of +1 gear?). Also, the point tiers are 3, 6, 10, and 15. So you really need some high level gear to get the top perks.

I also went off to do daily/weekly stuff I hadn't been doing very much of recently to get some Powerful gear and Prime engrams. It's really the Prime engrams that you want. I've gotten those as high as 658. My Warlock is at 654 now. Linkin, I saw plenty of people in Reckoning at just above 640. It doesn't have a power level requirement - you just have to have the motes to wager (which you need to get from Gambit Prime). But I'd guess that the 640's would have a harder time with it, especially with yesterday's modifiers.

While you don't need to equip the new 640 gear to increase your max PL and the PL of your powerful drops, you DO need to have ~640 gear equipped stand a chance in 650+ activities.
When you gonna play? I need to get my other 2 characters through this stuff so if you want to start from the beginning with it on a character let me know and I'll do that.

I noticed that it was significantly harder last night. It took me 3-4 attempts before a group got in with me that could handle it. Do the modifiers change every day? The reason it was so hard last night was because of the "glass" something modifier that gives you half shields and health but much faster recovery. I started doing better when I adapted to that: frequently ducking in and out for quick shots and then finding cover to recover shields. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do that the first day and it seemed much easier then. I also remember the elements cycling every several seconds the first night - I assumed you'd have a boost whenever your preferred element came along. Last night was just void burn.

I've gotten 8 or 9 Gambit Prime armor pieces (between the Sentry and Reaper classes) and not a single one has a great roll yet. Given that they need to be upgraded I'm really waiting on a perfect set. I am almost about to upgrade my mote container though. It worries me that then I will be a in a much harder version of Reckoning (but one that I think will give me +3 gear instead of +1 gear?). Also, the point tiers are 3, 6, 10, and 15. So you really need some high level gear to get the top perks.

I also went off to do daily/weekly stuff I hadn't been doing very much of recently to get some Powerful gear and Prime engrams. It's really the Prime engrams that you want. I've gotten those as high as 658. My Warlock is at 654 now. Linkin, I saw plenty of people in Reckoning at just above 640. It doesn't have a power level requirement - you just have to have the motes to wager (which you need to get from Gambit Prime). But I'd guess that the 640's would have a harder time with it, especially with yesterday's modifiers.
The modifiers for the night before were Heavyweight and Prism, so they do seem to rotate.

All of the Gambit Prime gear I've gotten have had crappy rolls on them, so I expect it will be another long and occasionally satisfying grind to get what you're looking for.

When you gonna play? I need to get my other 2 characters through this stuff so if you want to start from the beginning with it on a character let me know and I'll do that.
My schedule is WHACK now, so I'll get on when I can. :)

The modifiers for the night before were Heavyweight and Prism, so they do seem to rotate.
Yeah, last night was Glass Cannon (or whatever its called), Void burn, and Brawler. Brawler is normally good, but not a great combo with the Glass one when you have stuff sniping you from all over the map.

Couple of things I haven't figured out. There are little flares or flames of different elements sitting around. I walked into one and almost died. They must have a purpose. Then there's all the balls sitting in the air in the starting area. If you shoot them, they fall and most will roll down into the arena. Again, is there a purpose to these?

Had a little easier time with Reckoning last night with different perks.  Grenadier, and the one where shields don't regen unless you pick up light the enemies drop, and another I can't even remember.  So that one encouraged being right in the middle and running around.  Made the boss parts much easier at least,

Also used Crown of Tempests and would get almost instant grenade regen if I hit a group.

Still, was in for a while with a group of newbies (around 640) and it took about 5 tries before we beat it - then beat it 3 times in a row.  They just had to get the hang of it.  It's also pretty important in the opening stage to beat the yellow bars.  I think they add an instant 5% to your domination score, whereas killing normal ones takes several just to get 1%.

I still don't have a single piece of the new gear that is a keeper.  I finished the quest to upgrade my mote container but I'm afraid if I turn it in I'll be stuck in the Tier II version which I think would be a bit too much at this point.  It also has a "Sentry Head Upgrade".  I assume that means an item to upgrade helmet from +1 to +3.  Thing is I have yet to get a helmet.  Keep getting bonds, mostly.

I meant to ask this at reset but is anybody else’s weekly Blind Well/Offering to the Queen non selectable? It shows up on my screen but says I already did it for the week which I know I didn’t. It sucks because that usually drops 2 pieces of higher LL armor/weapons. Also it seems getting 100,000 is glitched on the NF so there’s another missing drop for me.

Also I don’t think I have not gone against at least a 2 stack in a match of Gambit. Yesterday I went against the same 3 stack 3 games in a row for my Prine matches.

I meant to ask this at reset but is anybody else’s weekly Blind Well/Offering to the Queen non selectable? It shows up on my screen but says I already did it for the week which I know I didn’t. It sucks because that usually drops 2 pieces of higher LL armor/weapons. Also it seems getting 100,000 is glitched on the NF so there’s another missing drop for me.

Also I don’t think I have not gone against at least a 2 stack in a match of Gambit. Yesterday I went against the same 3 stack 3 games in a row for my Prine matches.
It is a recognized bug that lots of potential powerful drops are bugged right now. I haven't checked with Petra but Ada-1 is bugged for me. I think Bungie said that they would reset at Sunday maybe, but we'll have to see. They covered this bug (and many many others) in their latest TWAB.

We tried Tier II Reckoning last night.   Good lord... Don't even try it if you are under 660.  I may not try it again till I'm 670 (the recommended level).  The first part is deceptively easy - seemed easier than Tier 1 even.  But the second part is completely different and you just get swarmed and murdered.  We couldn't even get through 3 of the 6 bridge segments, and there's more after that.  We might need to change tactics too.  Probably need to use more Supers and heavy.   I really wish they hadn't nerfed machine guns.  I'd rather have my Thunderlord in there but switched to Two-Tail Fox because of the changes.  Maybe I need to go back to Thunderlord or Hammerhead.

It is a recognized bug that lots of potential powerful drops are bugged right now. I haven't checked with Petra but Ada-1 is bugged for me. I think Bungie said that they would reset at Sunday maybe, but we'll have to see. They covered this bug (and many many others) in their latest TWAB.
Is Sunday reset for weeklies a new thing? Wasn't it Tuesday before? What time is it at? If that's the case, I need to rush and do some Powerful gear drops for my other characters tonight.

I think the Sunday thing is just to reset the weekly bounties that were bugged (Ada and Petra) the full normal reset will still be on Tuesday.

Got a surprise raid clear in last night (the new one: Scourge of the Past).  Ended up with 3 powerful drops I think.  Though it kind of sucked because I got 2 sets of boots and no other armor (one of them was a low level version).  I also got the Threat Level shotgun and a rocket launcher.

Then two of the guys helped me with the Whisper quest afterwards.  So I got it just in time for the nerfing.  But, still, everyone was using that for the last boss and doing much more damage than me.   Though once I got the hang of it I did pretty well with my Thunderlord regardless.  I wish I could have seen the damage I did on the one we cleared (instead of just all the times we wiped).  I may have ended up doing much better that I would have with Whisper that time.

Anyway, it was fun.  I hadn't done a raid in well over a year when I cleared Leviathan a couple times not long after Destiny 2 came out.

So apparently I was missing two key things for raiding: Whisper (which I got afterwards but still have to get the catalyst for) and something they kept calling "EP".  It sounded like a Shotgun maybe?  Looking online it seems it is a shotgun you get from Escalation Protocol.  They kept calling it that like that was it's name.  I just assumed they meant some exotic.  But it must be the IKELOS_SG_v1.0.1 shotgun? 

Anyway, I've done EP a few times, beaten the level 7 boss, and opened the chest, and I don't think I've ever gotten a weapon, so I kind of gave it up as a waste of time.  Looks like there is a rotation of possible weapon drops with this week and next week being "all" and the shotgun the week after.   Maybe I'll see if I can get a clear in before reset tonight.

So apparently I was missing two key things for raiding: Whisper (which I got afterwards but still have to get the catalyst for) and something they kept calling "EP". It sounded like a Shotgun maybe? Looking online it seems it is a shotgun you get from Escalation Protocol. They kept calling it that like that was it's name. I just assumed they meant some exotic. But it must be the IKELOS_SG_v1.0.1 shotgun?

Anyway, I've done EP a few times, beaten the level 7 boss, and opened the chest, and I don't think I've ever gotten a weapon, so I kind of gave it up as a waste of time. Looks like there is a rotation of possible weapon drops with this week and next week being "all" and the shotgun the week after. Maybe I'll see if I can get a clear in before reset tonight.
FYI, the EP weapons don't come from the chest but rather drop directly from the boss. That allows you to farm for the weapons without having keys to open the chest.

Also the shotgun you got from the raid can potentially have the same perk that makes the EP shotgun so desirable - Trench Barrel.

FYI, the EP weapons don't come from the chest but rather drop directly from the boss. That allows you to farm for the weapons without having keys to open the chest.

Also the shotgun you got from the raid can potentially have the same perk that makes the EP shotgun so desirable - Trench Barrel.
Yeah they mentioned that perk. I didn't get it. I got Surrounded and Snapshot or something.

Well, I've done the final boss more than I've opened the chests. Don't think I've ever gotten a weapon.

I tried to do EP last night and the one time I was able to find a group doing it, they couldn't even get past level 2. Yikes.
If your in a group of 650+ people you can clear the whole thing with 4-5 guys. It gets a little harder if the public event level includes the Cabal dome one with the heat vents.

FYI it looks like the EP boss will drop all three weapons this week (shotgun, sniper rifle, submachine gun).  I need to get back in there and get the last part of my Worldine Zero catalyst done so I can stop obsessing about it.

Also, it's full curse week!  Who wants to band together and get the emblem for finishing it solo?!? :)

FYI it looks like the EP boss will drop all three weapons this week (shotgun, sniper rifle, submachine gun). I need to get back in there and get the last part of my Worldine Zero catalyst done so I can stop obsessing about it.

Also, it's full curse week! Who wants to band together and get the emblem for finishing it solo?!? :)
If you want to team up for EP tonight I'm up for that.

But don't we have new stuff going on today? Like Thorn and the Drifter vs Vanguard thing? I wish I knew more about that so I could pick sides. I assume maybe my character that is furthest along with Gambit Prime should stick with Drifter? Maybe I'll do my Hunter for Vanguard since I haven't touched that character in a few weeks.

FInishing what during full curse week?

I'm available during the usual peak EST times - I wouldn't mind doing Shattered Throne again to clear out some of those quest things, or even farm EP on Mars for a while. I haven't finished the Last Wish raid yet either (done the first 2 encounters, started the 3rd). Slick Steve87 on xbl, shoot me a message if you see that I'm on.

So I got into a group that was farming EP last night.  I didn't realize you could start it back up at level 6 and just have to do the last 2 levels.  Makes it much easier.  Cleared it 4 or 5 times - didn't get a single IKELOS weapon but I got other ones.  I did it on my Warlock who has not cleared the Warmind stuff yet - I wonder if that's why?  They really just need to let you skip that crap - don't want to slog through it again.  I will try with my Titan tonight who did clear it all.

Got my Warlock up to 668 or so.  Need to try Tier II Reckoning again too.

I was in a strike with a guy who was 697.  Unreal - he must have done every powerful gear activity possible and also gotten very lucky.

I'm trying to find a way to post the short video showcasing the IB armor that will be available this season, but I can't see how to put an mp4 file into a post without it just being a link.  Here is a pic of it though:

D2NtCMvVYAABvrw.jpg

FYI - Iron Banner is back next week and they've added new armor and a few reprised weapons and a few new mechanics.

Iron_Banner_Weapons_Main.jpg

All details here --> https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47706

Anyone still playing the game?  Anyone wanting a nudge to get back in?  Think this will do? :)

Outbreak_Prime_Perfected_Preview.jpg

Anyone still playing the game? Anyone wanting a nudge to get back in? Think this will do? :)

Outbreak_Prime_Perfected_Preview.jpg
I did quit playing for a couple of weeks and started back up to get this but like anything jumping and Destiny related I can’t finish the last step. There is a “Whisper of the Worm” like timed mission and boy do I suck at it. Feel bad for the randoms I keep LFGing because I am clearly the weak link. Also not using a mic probably isn’t helping but I hate talking to randoms.

Also this was probably my favorite D1 weapon other than the vendor Dead Orbit Hung Jury roll.

Was thinking of hopping back on.  That looks familiar but what is it again?  And how do we get it?  I was playing daily until about 2 weeks ago when I just hit the wall and stopped.

Whisper of the Worm quest is straight up stupid.  I hate timed crap.  I did it with a bunch of help from 2 really good players.  I barely made it to the battle part before the timer ran out and we squeaked through with like 5 seconds left.  Then you have to do it in hard mode to get the catalyst.  F that.

So your saying there's another piece of crap timed thing for this one?   Blah....

Also I'm 2 days from running out of Gold.  I won't buy it at full price.  Any deals to be had?  Can't find anything on CAG.

Was thinking of hopping back on. That looks familiar but what is it again? And how do we get it? I was playing daily until about 2 weeks ago when I just hit the wall and stopped.

Whisper of the Worm quest is straight up stupid. I hate timed crap. I did it with a bunch of help from 2 really good players. I barely made it to the battle part before the timer ran out and we squeaked through with like 5 seconds left. Then you have to do it in hard mode to get the catalyst. F that.

So your saying there's another piece of crap timed thing for this one? Blah....
It's the exotic pulse rifle from the Wrath of the Machine raid but renamed Outbreak Perfected. I don't want to spoil the WHOLE thing for you, but you can start the quest to get it on Titan. I haven't finished it yet myself, but I hear its format is similar to the Whisper quest line.

Also I'm 2 days from running out of Gold. I won't buy it at full price. Any deals to be had? Can't find anything on CAG.
Check this thread --> https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/248120-official-xbox-marketplace-trade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-1

It's the exotic pulse rifle from the Wrath of the Machine raid but renamed Outbreak Perfected. I don't want to spoil the WHOLE thing for you, but you can start the quest to get it on Titan. I haven't finished it yet myself, but I hear its format is similar to the Whisper quest line.

Check this thread --> https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/248120-official-xbox-marketplace-trade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-1
Thanks - messaged someone there for a code for $38. I haven't traded on CAG in years!

I may hop on right now to see what's going on in Destiny. I know on one character I was blocked from proceeding on the Nine quest because it wanted me to do a strike I didn't have access to because I didn't slog through the Warmind/Osiris stuff on my Warlock.

So this was a busy week for me:

• I got my Outbreak Perfected and started working on the catalyst. This is a FANTASTIC gun and when you have several of them working together those yellow health bars to melt away.
  • I got the Wizened Rebuke from 500 Iron Burden kills. It's a shame this mechanic is going away.
  • I soloed the Shattered Throne. Hello new emblem! If you have any questions on how to utterly fail at this, please let me know :)

This week was intense because all of these activities were pretty stressful. This next few weeks may be light for me, but I'm still excited for what's to come in Season of Opulence. If Bungie posts a ViDoc about the new content, I'll add it here.

Thanks - messaged someone there for a code for $38. I haven't traded on CAG in years!

I may hop on right now to see what's going on in Destiny. I know on one character I was blocked from proceeding on the Nine quest because it wanted me to do a strike I didn't have access to because I didn't slog through the Warmind/Osiris stuff on my Warlock.
If you want someone to help you blast through all that content, feel free to reach out to me (in direct opposition to me saying the next few weeks will be light :) ).

Bungie dropped the trailer for Season of Opulence, coming out next Tuesday (6/4):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAnNh_y5Go

And here is the updated Roadmap:

AE_annual_pass_roadmap_Season7_16x9_en.jpg

The Bungie thread is here:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47840

The main page for Season of Opulence is here:
https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/SeasonOfOpulence

The Reddit thread, which is quickly growing out of control, is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/bu1rwb/season_of_opulence/

Earlier I mentioned that I was going to be taking it easy for the next few weeks until the new season launched. Well, that hasn't been the case so far and with TRIPLE INFAMY all week that will continue to not be the case!  The Furtive Shell (for three lifetime Infamy resets) and maybe the Ludomaniacal Emblem (three resets within a season) shall be mine. :)

Forsaken and the Annual Pass are on sale right now.  I picked it up on Friday and jumped back in.  Of course, with a baby the play sessions are a little limited.

I tried to get back into Destiny a few weeks back.  Thought I'd start the Outbreak Prime quest at least.  But here's where Bungie screws the pooch.  I'm supposed to start some heroic adventure that I didn't even know existed to start this quest (and only knew about that from the Internet - there's absolutely nothing in game to indicate this).   I go to Titan, where it's supposed to be, and... nothing.  How the hell did people ever find and/or do this quest?  So, yeah, that killed my interest in the game for a bit.  Maybe I'll give it another shot this week though.

Not sure about :ps4:, but on sale for :xb1:

Forsaken --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/destiny-2-forsaken/bq56jmh9s69f
Annual Pass --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/destiny-2-forsaken-annual-pass/c2ckz01457cz
Forsaken + Annual Pass (best deal) --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/destiny-2-forsaken-annual-pass/bztn9dblkw5t

I tried to get back into Destiny a few weeks back. Thought I'd start the Outbreak Prime quest at least. But here's where Bungie screws the pooch. I'm supposed to start some heroic adventure that I didn't even know existed to start this quest (and only knew about that from the Internet - there's absolutely nothing in game to indicate this). I go to Titan, where it's supposed to be, and... nothing. How the hell did people ever find and/or do this quest? So, yeah, that killed my interest in the game for a bit. Maybe I'll give it another shot this week though.
I think all you need to have done to make the OP quest available to you is to have finished the Rat King Quest on a character. And Actually, I'm not even sure that is necessary because there is an Assassination patrol from the area next door (The Rig) that takes you to this room to kill three Hive bosses. Surely at that point, you can start the quest? I'd be curious to know this.

Honestly, that is probably not the best point of re-entry into the game, as that content is not easy at all. Three seasoned Guardians can do the regular mission probably fairly easily, but the Heroic version is no joke and I've not been able to complete that without cheesing it...

Also, I forgot to include a pic of the new Pinnacle weapons being offered:

MM1DBwz.jpg

I'm not over the moon about these new weapons (and possibly the requirements to get them), but I will surely being pursuing them.

bread's done
Back