Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

I think all you need to have done to make the OP quest available to you is to have finished the Rat King Quest on a character. And Actually, I'm not even sure that is necessary because there is an Assassination patrol from the area next door (The Rig) that takes you to this room to kill three Hive bosses. Surely at that point, you can start the quest? I'd be curious to know this.

Honestly, that is probably not the best point of re-entry into the game, as that content is not easy at all. Three seasoned Guardians can do the regular mission probably fairly easily, but the Heroic version is no joke and I've not been able to complete that without cheesing it...
I have no idea. I just tried to follow guides online and they all said to do a heroic adventure that was not available to me. They just acted like you should be able to go there and select it. I'll look for the patrol tonight and see what happens.

I jumped back in with the Opulence stuff last night. I have no clue what I'm doing but I made it through Menagerie once. Got some crappy old mark out of it. I guess I was expecting new gear? It was an Exodus Down mark. WTF!?

Menagerie itself was fun, though I had no idea what was happening in a few parts. I just used matchmaking with 5 randos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Outbreak, the heroic mission is just the most hand-holdy way to get the quest because the quest specifically directs you to the room that it's in. You can walk to the same room just in the patrol zone and get the quest item. Actually finding the damn room was the hardest part since it's not marked with anything. It's on the southern platform, toward the Tidal Anchor, if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2019/5/7/18535723/outbreak-prime-perfected-exotic-pulse-rifle-fallen-transponder-nodes

OK, this has been a pretty busy week:

• On Tuesday (6/4), Season 7, the Season of Opulence, dropped.  Here are a few highlights:
    NEW 6-PLAYER ACTIVITY --> The Menagerie
  • NEW RAID --> The Crown of Sorrows
  • A new max Power Level to chase (750)
  • A whole slew of new weapons and armor, including three new pinnacle weapons and a few new exotics to chase

[*]On Thursday (6/6), Bungie announced the Next Chapter for Destiny 2.  Here are a few highlights:
  • Destiny 2: Shadowkeep was announced and will be taking us back to the moon, courtesy of Eris Morn!  Reveal trailer.  Expected release is 9/17.
  • Destiny 2:  New Light was announced and will launch 9/17.  Essentially, this is a few things happening:
    The base game will become free to download and play.
  • The first mission from Destiny 1 will be incorporated into the game.  After you beat that first mission, you'll go to the tower and from there have access to all locations and activities in the game.
  • You'll have access to the complete story from the base game, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind.  Story content from seasons after (Forsaken, Annual Pass seasons, ShadowKeep, etc.) that will still need to be purchased, but from this point on you won't need to complete the story from Season X to be able to start the story for Season Y.

[*]Destiny 2 will FINALLY become cross-save compatible. :shock:  This means that any characters you have on one platform can be made available on other platforms ( :xb1:, :ps4:, :pc:, Google Stadia).  The details on how this works and any limitations have not been specified so we can expect more information as the availability date (you guessed it, 9/17) draws closer.
[*]On 9/17, Destiny will officially move from the Battle.net launcher to Steam.  Any entitlements (aka, purchases) should transfer to Steam with no problem.  Details on this will come in the future.
[*]All of this is detailed in the Next Chapter stream that Bungie released yesterday (below).  The meat of the video starts at 14:50, but there are some neat things starting at 4:36.  The video includes the ViDoc and the ShadowKeep reveal trailer.

​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wVt0cnDTg​

Did they say how much the seasons are?  Debating if I'll want to get Shadowkeep and buy the seasons as they come out or get that deluxe edition and be done with it.

https://majornelson.com/2019/06/06/destiny-2-shadowkeep-is-now-available-for-digital-pre-order-and-pre-download-on-xbox-one/

The standalone edition of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep includes a digital copy of the game and one Season Pass, providing exclusive activities and rewards.*

*Season Pass redeemed when logging in. If players already own the current Season Pass, they will receive credit toward future Seasons up until Season 11. Any credits beyond Season 11 will be exchanged for an equivalent value of Silver.

$35 and $60 Deluxe

Digital Deluxe items include: 

• Four Season Passes*, each offering a unique set of exclusive Seasonal activities, artifacts, and rewards 

• Exclusive Eris Morn themed items: 

o Exotic Emote 
Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the CE version on Bungie's Store:

https://bungiestore.com/products/preorder-destiny-2-shadowkeep-collectors-edition-xbox-one

I hope this isn't a Bungie Store exclusive, because if it is I may have to go before my CFO and explain myself when I buy it...

Xbox_ESRB.jpg

Ouch kind of want that but spending $100 on the GS exclusive D2 and than whatever Forsaken and the 3 season passes cost I cant do another $150+ 

One thing I forgot to mention from the data dump yesterday.  Going forward (starting on, you guessed it, 9/17), there will be no more platform-exclusive content.  Fantastic.

One thing I forgot to mention from the data dump yesterday. Going forward (starting on, you guessed it, 9/17), there will be no more platform-exclusive content. Fantastic.
That is awesome!

So hey if you see me on and want to run stuff I'm game. I need to do another ascendent challenge for the exotic quest I guess now.

Also, I stayed off my other characters because I figured I'd have to grind out the story mission to unlock the chalice on them. I didn't realize it would be there for the others once I did it on the first one. That is so unlike Destiny but I'm glad to see it. Unfortunately I jumped on my Hunter too late last night to run Menagerie but at least I know for this week.

I did miss out on triple imperials bounties though to unlock nodes on the chalice. Again, I figured I'd be doing that separately on each character - had no idea it would stack!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I probably need some help with the Outbreak Prime quest. I got it started - not sure where I'm at now.

That is awesome!

So hey if you see me on and want to run stuff I'm game. I need to do another ascendent challenge for the exotic quest I guess now.

Also, I stayed off my other characters because I figured I'd have to grind out the story mission to unlock the chalice on them. I didn't realize it would be there for the others once I did it on the first one. That is so unlike Destiny but I'm glad to see it. Unfortunately I jumped on my Hunter too late last night to run Menagerie but at least I know for this week.

I did miss out on triple imperials bounties though to unlock nodes on the chalice. Again, I figured I'd be doing that separately on each character - had no idea it would stack!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I probably need some help with the Outbreak Prime quest. I got it started - not sure where I'm at now.
I'll keep an eye out for you. Having another regular appear online would be pretty great.

I don't know where you are on the OP quest, but I'm guessing you've found all the transponders and are wondering what to do next. If so, there is a new ally waiting for you in a hidden corner of the Farm.

You beat me to it! Still just now getting ~740 gear. The Menageri's drops are quite powerful so I'm focusing on those.

Also, this just happened:

Fall Eververse Changes

Bungie article

Reddit thread

In a nutshell:

• All Eververse armor (new and armor you’ve already acquired!) is being converted into Universal Ornaments
  • Universal Ornaments can be attached to any newly acquired Legendary armor
  • Bright Dust is going to come from doing bounties, not dismantling things you spent money on
  • Eververse items can now be pulled from your Collections with Glimmer/Legendary Shards instead of Bright Dust
Once the new season arrives, I think existing Eververse items will not dismantle into Bright Dust anymore. I'm going to wait a little bit for further confirmation, but I sense a purge coming...

Does anyone have a favorite set of Eververse armor that they just can't wait to actually use? I wouldn't mind other sets of armor becoming relevant again, like Y1 Crucible armor and ornaments and the Faction armor and ornaments (and of course, the EP armor).

Well, I should have had my Lumina by now.   I got the Gambit invader kill (within 10 seconds and without anyone on my team getting killed) and it didn't give me the medal or count on the quest.  So I stopped playing for the night last night.  Will have to grind for it again.  If the stupid game is gonna be glitchy about that stuff, they shouldn't make the steps so difficult!

PSA:

Now that the Moments of Triumph for Y2 are starting to be released, and some of the Triumphs for the Seal involve completing raids, don't be surprised if you get a message from Anak Chuckatoa asking to help with a raid run. :)

Speaking of which, several of us made it through to the second half of the boss fight in Scourge of the Past but we won't all be online before reset to complete it.  Anyone want to join in?  The mechanics aren't incredibly complicated, but there is definitely coordination need and so if interested bring a mic!

EDIT - It looks like this week's challenge for this raid is still achievable at this point and not too difficult, so if you're looking for more incentive to join in visit Hawthorne for the bounty and get ready to complete a Triumph.

I plan on getting through one or more of these raids this weekend ( :xb1:):

Last Wish
Scourge of the Past
Crown of Sorrows

I will be on Saturday evening and later, any time on Sunday (including late, if necessary) and on Monday (also, if necessary).  Anyone want to knock one (or more) of these things out?!?

It's pretty quiet in here. :)  Hopefully everyone has accomplished what they wanted to in the Solstice event.  I have some more packages to open with WAY too many keys left over after that.

Some new things went live recently:

• You can now link your Battle.net account to your Steam account here.  There are some rules and limitations behind this so make sure to read the FAQ.
  • Cross-save has gone live and can be configured here. You can link your Xbox Live, PSN, Battle.net and Steam accounts together.  I was able to play my bad-ass 750 Hunter from :xb1: on my PC and it was glorious.  When New Light launches, I plan on downloading the :ps4: version of the game and seeing how many trophies pop. :D

Did the packages have anything worth chasing outside of armor requirements or the seven a week for Eva? I stopped going to the "jumping puzzles, but at least you can see" area once I had enough, but have a couple thousand keys. I finished enough triumphs to qualify for the shirt, though.

I only play one character, but not sure if I will pursue all of the masterwork pieces of armor. Maybe I'll do the understaffed Shattered Throne one this week.

Otherwise, been trying to catch up miscellaneous quests (heck, I still have Rat King in my log) and the Opulence stuff. Just got the maximum tribute discount last night, so I will probably give the Bad Juju mission a shot.

Did the packages have anything worth chasing outside of armor requirements or the seven a week for Eva? I stopped going to the "jumping puzzles, but at least you can see" area once I had enough, but have a couple thousand keys. I finished enough triumphs to qualify for the shirt, though.

I only play one character, but not sure if I will pursue all of the masterwork pieces of armor. Maybe I'll do the understaffed Shattered Throne one this week.

Otherwise, been trying to catch up miscellaneous quests (heck, I still have Rat King in my log) and the Opulence stuff. Just got the maximum tribute discount last night, so I will probably give the Bad Juju mission a shot.
If you're lucky you can get Enhancement Cores from the Solstice Packages. I have ~2000 keys left so I went back in to the EAZ last night determined to be able to use some of them, but after a few runs I was done and just used up the keys that I could on the packages I had left. Overall I think I was pretty lucky with my openings because of how many Enhancement Cores I got, but otherwise I just ended up with a bunch of Gunsmith Materials and Legendary Shards.

If you want help with that Rat King Quest (which I think you need to complete to get access to Oubreak Perfected) let me know and I'll dust mine off. :)

I actually still have the Rat King quest to do as well.

The EAZ packages can drop majestic armor too (if you've already completed the event yourself) and you want to farm for a better roll than the one you got on the first set.

Welcome to a new week Guardians!  This weekly reset brings us the September Community Challenge.  Do you part to complete these objectives:

• Defeat 175 thousand Wave 7 Escalation Protocol bosses
  • Defeat 300 million Hive on Mars
  • Mars Nightfalls
    Defeat Nokris 150 thousand times
  • Defeat Xol 100 thousand times

[*]Use 300 thousand Override Frequencies
and as a reward, you'll get these things:

• An exclusive emblem (but only if you complete a Nightfall this week):
    Lost_City_emblem.jpg
  • Calus will unlock additional rewards for successful Menagerie completions. Starting when goals are met, players will be guaranteed two rewards when slotting their runes and opening the chest, and an additional reward will be added each Friday for the remainder of the Season.
More details can be found in the TWAB from two weeks ago.

Obligatory Arnie reference:

Arnold%2BSchwarzenegger%2B-%2BGet%2Byour%2Bass%2Bto%2BMars%2B%2528Total%2BRecall%252C%2B1990%2529.jpg

Here is a quick update from Bungie on our progress for the Community Challenge:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1169306567604224002

This sounds like it's a piece of cake. :)

Also, Bungie is giving away the Y2 Annual Pass (Season of the Forge, Season of the Drifter, Season of Opulence) if you own the Forsaken expansion:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1169331957647302656

The price for Forsaken has dropped to $24.99 on :xb1: and :ps4:, but check your local GameStop for a copy for $19.99.

So is it ok to go and delete all the your current old legendary and exotic armors? Is it also ok to delete the Eververse armor sets for bright dust since now they will be more like ornaments?

So is it ok to go and delete all the your current old legendary and exotic armors? Is it also ok to delete the Eververse armor sets for bright dust since now they will be more like ornaments?
Delete everything!

But closer to reality, you can delete anything Eververse you don't use - armor, shaders, ghosts, etc. You're supposed to be able to pull it out of collections with glimmer and shards.

As for exotics, unless it has a random roll on it that you want to keep or it's in your equipment rotation, same story.

For legendary armor, pretty much up to you. But unless you are using an armor piece or it has an Enhanced perk, you might as well ditch it. Armor 2.0 will probably make the run-of-the-mill Prodigal Greaves you have gathering dust in your Vault obsolete.

Congrats Guardians!

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1170413424167178240

Don't forget to complete a Nightfall this week to get the limited emblem from the Challenge.

Delete everything!

But closer to reality, you can delete anything Eververse you don't use - armor, shaders, ghosts, etc. You're supposed to be able to pull it out of collections with glimmer and shards.

As for exotics, unless it has a random roll on it that you want to keep or it's in your equipment rotation, same story.

For legendary armor, pretty much up to you. But unless you are using an armor piece or it has an Enhanced perk, you might as well ditch it. Armor 2.0 will probably make the run-of-the-mill Prodigal Greaves you have gathering dust in your Vault obsolete.
I've already deleted:

• all my EV sparrows
  • all my EV ships
  • most of my EV armor (I still have a few pieces with good rolls)
Just before ShadowKeep, I'll delete:

• all my EV ghosts
  • all my EV shaders
  • all my EV transmats
  • the rest of my EV armor if I have the strength
I'm not really touching the rest of my armor until I know what I'm going to do. I've got so many weapons that I like to rotate through and hunting for armor for all of that will be daunting.

This week's TWAB gave us information on the Roadmap for Season of Undying / Shadowkeep:

Destiny_SoU_Calendar_EN.png

Also in this TWAB, they mentioned in Apple style that they are removing all negative modifiers for Reckoning at reset next week.  Exciting!

EDIT - Also, don't forget to take advantage of the extra rewards in The Menagerie all throughout the remainder of the season!

Bungie posted a ViDoc of the future of Destiny, starting with ShadowKeep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEvVKCKdtfw

I'm pretty excited with a lot of the little things I see in this video!

Also, if anyone is interesting in getting together and running either the Eater of Worlds raid or Crown of Sorrow raid, I'm game and can help explain the mechanics of each encounter (I've been doing these two specifically a lot lately).  Just HMU over the next few days and we'll make it happen.

So far I've only done one and a half of the original Leviathan (finished the Gardens, got close with the Gauntlet), so I'm up for anything raid related if it's not already the next day Eastern time.

So far I've only done one and a half of the original Leviathan (finished the Gardens, got close with the Gauntlet), so I'm up for anything raid related if it's not already the next day Eastern time.
I would be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night
OK I will look for you two one evening and get the party started. If we can't get a party of six together with just CAGs, are you cool with LFG to fill the ranks?

@AJ - sorry we missed you for the raid run last week, but we can surely try again this week.  Anyone interested in a Scourge of the Past run?

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJTudJ540

If you are grinding the heck out of whatever before Shadowkeep drops, make sure to plan for no gaming after Monday's reset.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1176542109916004352

I'm down for any of the raids - finished Leviathan and EoW in full, most of SoS, and LW. Haven't touched SotP or CoS at all. Slick Steve87 on xbl.

Bungie has release an infopic with clarification as to what is available for free when New Light launches:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1177289273025843200/photo/1

I'm down for any of the raids - finished Leviathan and EoW in full, most of SoS, and LW. Haven't touched SotP or CoS at all. Slick Steve87 on xbl.
I added you as a friend over the weekend, but my free time turned to dust. This weekend should have much more availability...

This week's TWAB is a pretty meaty one, so make sure to take everything in.

Don't forget that there is a scheduled maintenance period that is expected to last from reset on Monday to reset on Tuesday (when the new content goes live), so if you need to do anything in game (like delete Eververse items) make sure to get it all done before you power down on Sunday as you likely won't get another chance after that before the new season starts.

Also, does everyone have their Cross-save information set up and their PC migration information (if necessary) set up?  If not I recommend doing that soon.

Cross save setup

Battle.net to Steam migration setup

This all being said, is anyone looking to play the game on PC?  I have a maybe strong enough gaming PC to play on the lower settings (with a controller of course), but I will still main Xbox One.  I also have Forsaken for PS4, but I bought that before I realized that I would need PS+ in order to play some/all of the content on PS4.   :shock:  :bomb:

I should be, but I haven't really looked at the Dungeon just yet, so might need to hit the books or be instructed.

Also wouldn't mind getting to the ninth branch in the Forest, if anyone wants to give that a shot. Best I have done is six or seven with randoms (had a really good team one run, then the Servitor boss glitched off the map).

Anybody going to be on Friday or Saturday night would love to do 100,000 Nightfall and Dungeon to get those 952 drops.
Me and a few buddies had a wild hair last night and attempted the 980 Ordeal (Pyramidion) in order to get whatever ship you get, but even being mid-960's we still struggled mightily with the initial encounter. The addition of Attrition combined with how hard they were hitting was just too much, so we backed it down to the 950 version and didn't have any wipes and at a comfortable pace we were able to get 104K out of it. I certainly wouldn't mind doing that again.

As far as Match Game is concerned, the only two shield elements you need to worry about are Void (Minotaurs) and Arc (Harpies) so you don't need to focus on Solar at all.

I should be, but I haven't really looked at the Dungeon just yet, so might need to hit the books or be instructed.

Also wouldn't mind getting to the ninth branch in the Forest, if anyone wants to give that a shot. Best I have done is six or seven with randoms (had a really good team one run, then the Servitor boss glitched off the map).
Dungeon - If we can sync up sometime this weekend I can take you through it. If you haven't done the pre-steps for the Xenophage quest and are interested in the gun, here is a good video to get to the steps that are required in the Dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGPjPkuE3k

Even with the extra steps for the Xenophage quest, I only had one (probably BS) death in last night's run, so I am hungry to do it again. Fully Masterworked, Pinnacle level gear doesn't hurt either. ;)

Haunted Forest - Somehow we were able to get to the 10th branch last night, so 9th branch is definitely doable. Just make sure to have good add-clear capability and good burst damage and the boss will go down very quickly. This was our crew:

• Top tree Solar Titan with Peregrine Greaves and Monte Carlo (these seem to be glued to his hands and feet now). If the boss is a Wizard it will most likely go down from the initial knee hit.
  • Middle tree Arc Warlock with Geomag Stabilizers
  • Top tree Solar Hunter for add clear (I use a beefy Grenade Launcher with double reserves for Boss damage because Heavy Ammo is pretty plentiful).

Dungeon - If we can sync up sometime this weekend I can take you through it. If you haven't done the pre-steps for the Xenophage quest and are interested in the gun, here is a good video to get to the steps that are required in the Dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGPjPkuE3k

Even with the extra steps for the Xenophage quest, I only had one (probably BS) death in last night's run, so I am hungry to do it again. Fully Masterworked, Pinnacle level gear doesn't hurt either. ;)
I half-watched someone's guide to that quest and said "that sounds complicated" and haven't gone back yet. Heh.

Haunted Forest - Somehow we were able to get to the 10th branch last night, so 9th branch is definitely doable. Just make sure to have good add-clear capability and good burst damage and the boss will go down very quickly. This was our crew:

• Top tree Solar Titan with Peregrine Greaves and Monte Carlo (these seem to be glued to his hands and feet now). If the boss is a Wizard it will most likely go down from the initial knee hit.
Interesting. I've been rolling with the Actium War Rig with either Sweet Business or Monte Carlo and a machine gun (lots of heavy bricks). I'm spraying bullets all over the place. I'll try the Greaves.

I half-watched someone's guide to that quest and said "that sounds complicated" and haven't gone back yet. Heh.

Interesting. I've been rolling with the Actium War Rig with either Sweet Business or Monte Carlo and a machine gun (lots of heavy bricks). I'm spraying bullets all over the place. I'll try the Greaves.
Monte Carlo + Peregrine Greaves is a match made in heaven (Monte Carlo randomly gives you back your melee attack on kill). Also, I wouldn't recommend Machine Guns for boss damage but they are fantastic at add control.

bread's done
Back