Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

I'm in for 3 runs of the dungeon too Chuck. Getting that masterworked gear is awesome. I'd also like to run Ordeal as I haven't done it even once yet. I should be on tonight and tomorrow night. But the dungeon is definitely top priority because of the masterworked stuff. (I just want to do Ordeal at least once to get rid of the quest for it).

I should be, but I haven't really looked at the Dungeon just yet, so might need to hit the books or be instructed.

Also wouldn't mind getting to the ninth branch in the Forest, if anyone wants to give that a shot. Best I have done is six or seven with randoms (had a really good team one run, then the Servitor boss glitched off the map).
I was able to get 2 different characters through branch 9 with total randoms last night. But it is definitely hit or miss. People seem to be better at it now than last week or the week before when branch 5 or 6 seemed to be the max. In nearly every run I made it to 8 at least. One time we had it with a minute to spare (after branch 8) but wiped on the boss because I don't think the other randos knew it would end. I was busy casting my Chaos Reach and then bum rushing the boss with my shotgun and almost got him down but didn't notice the other 2 died. To what I'm not sure. They should have been clearing adds and being careful OR going full bore with the supers at the boss. Apparently they did neither. When I realized they were dead I hightailed out of the bosses range but my health was already too low to survive (plus all the adds were still there). Thus the problem of not being able to communicate even when you can get to the last boss. But the 2 runs where I did it, we melted it fast and had no problem.

One way to see how its probably going to go for your group is to see how fast you melt the first few bosses. If they aren't going down in seconds, you probably aren't making it to branch 9.

Last week I was in a run where me and 2 randos beat the branch 8 boss (servitor that time) with 2 seconds to spare (thanks partially to me standing in front of it's face with my full auto shotgun). That was pretty exciting.

I also noticed that rocket launchers seem to be far superior for the forest bosses than a machine gun. And as you said with the mask perks you get lots of heavy bricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone still out there playing the game?  You've got one week to finish all the things you want to do in this season.  I've been working like hell on the Undying title and I was hoping to take a little break, and then Bungie goes and releases this video about the new season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZ-G88rOYg

Anyone still out there playing the game? You've got one week to finish all the things you want to do in this season. I've been working like hell on the Undying title and I was hoping to take a little break, and then Bungie goes and releases this video about the new season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZ-G88rOYg
I really want to get back in but damn if this hasn't turned into a job just like WoW.

Anyways, can you summarize what single player content this adds?

Also what did Shadowkeep add? I might pull the trigger tonight.

I really want to get back in but damn if this hasn't turned into a job just like WoW.

Anyways, can you summarize what single player content this adds?

Also what did Shadowkeep add? I might pull the trigger tonight.
There will be a reveal tomorrow at 10AM PT with more information as to what's in the new season.
Code:
http://twitch.tv/bungie
http://mixer.com/bungie
http://youtube.com/bungie
Shadowkeep added:
  • a few new strikes (two plus the previously PS exclusive one)
  • a new Dungeon which can be soloed (maybe)
  • a new Escalation Protocol-like event on the Moon (with some neat guns as rewards)
  • a new type of Nightfall called the Ordeal with new mechanics in it (and match-making for the lower difficulties)
  • a new story campaign
  • maybe some other things
If I were you, I wouldn't get Shadowkeep just yet. Or if you do, don't log in to the game until the new season starts. If you launch SK before the new season, you'll burn the Season Pass (or one of the Season Passes if you get the Deluxe) for just the week that is left in this season. It may not work like this, but I haven't seen anything on it one way or the other, so I would play it safe (unless you want access to this season's activities and loot).

There will be a reveal tomorrow at 2PM PT with more information as to what's in the new season.

http://twitch.tv/bungie
http://mixer.com/bungie
http://youtube.com/bungie

Shadowkeep added:
  • a few new strikes (two plus the previously PS exclusive one)
  • a new Dungeon which can be soloed (maybe)
  • a new Escalation Protocol-like event on the Moon (with some neat guns as rewards)
  • a new type of Nightfall called the Ordeal with new mechanics in it (and match-making for the lower difficulties)
  • a new story campaign
  • maybe some other things
If I were you, I wouldn't get Shadowkeep just yet. Or if you do, don't log in to the game until the new season starts. If you launch SK before the new season, you'll burn the Season Pass (or one of the Season Passes if you get the Deluxe) for just the week that is left in this season. It may not work like this, but I haven't seen anything on it one way or the other, so I would play it safe (unless you want access to this season's activities and loot).
Ah ok. Man you're always so helpful with this stuff thank you very much. Legit appreciate it.

Anyone still out there playing the game? You've got one week to finish all the things you want to do in this season.
I still play regularly. But I feel way behind the curve this season. I finished the 100 levels, so there is that, but there is a lot of content I haven't even touched.

Doesn't help that I think Xbox LFG is broken for me. So if I want to do something needing a Fireteam when my friend's list is empty, I have to stick with the Destiny app or hope it's something with randoms.

Which means my pinnacle progress is already slow, and Iron Banner last week gave me 3 pinnacle helms at the same light level, so that was a lovely.

#Whinewhinegrumblegrumblestillplayinganyway

Yeah I did Iron Banner last week to grab 3 pinnacle pieces for each character (screw that 4th bounty that takes 3x longer than the others).  But even though I played nearly every day this season I am way behind on some of the Vex Protocol stuff and other things that it just seems a chore to try to get all the triumphs done.  I'm 50-50 on getting the next season pass at this point.

The fact that I've only done a raid and a half since the base Destiny 2 (where I only completed the initial raid twice) is a let down for me.  In the original Destiny I was completing multiple raid runs most every week.

Chuck - what is the plan for power level in the next season pass?  Is the cap being expanded again and will base stuff drop at a higher level?  If that's the case I think I might be out because I felt like most of the work this season was in getting pinnacle drops and if those are now obsolete it feels like it was a waste of time.

I still play regularly. But I feel way behind the curve this season. I finished the 100 levels, so there is that, but there is a lot of content I haven't even touched.

Doesn't help that I think Xbox LFG is broken for me. So if I want to do something needing a Fireteam when my friend's list is empty, I have to stick with the Destiny app or hope it's something with randoms.

Which means my pinnacle progress is already slow, and Iron Banner last week gave me 3 pinnacle helms at the same light level, so that was a lovely.

#Whinewhinegrumblegrumblestillplayinganyway
What happens when you try to use the Xbox One LFG? I've had some pretty good success with it, but I have issues when I put up my own post sometimes.

Yeah I did Iron Banner last week to grab 3 pinnacle pieces for each character (screw that 4th bounty that takes 3x longer than the others). But even though I played nearly every day this season I am way behind on some of the Vex Protocol stuff and other things that it just seems a chore to try to get all the triumphs done. I'm 50-50 on getting the next season pass at this point.

The fact that I've only done a raid and a half since the base Destiny 2 (where I only completed the initial raid twice) is a let down for me. In the original Destiny I was completing multiple raid runs most every week.

Chuck - what is the plan for power level in the next season pass? Is the cap being expanded again and will base stuff drop at a higher level? If that's the case I think I might be out because I felt like most of the work this season was in getting pinnacle drops and if those are now obsolete it feels like it was a waste of time.
I haven't seen anything on what the next season's Power cap will be. I can see reasons for keeping it the same and also increasing it, but when I see what they'll do I'll post it.

FYI - Here is a list of things that are going away at the end of the season (courtesy of Reddit):

Season of the Undying Season Pass and bonuses from the Season Pass

Season of the Undying Seal and Title

The Vex Offensive

Vex invasions on the Moon

Weapon frames and bounties from Ikora for the Vex Offensive

Ikora’s Vex Offensive Weekly Challenge

Emblems and Shader Quests/items from Season of the Undying

Incomplete items in the Collection Badge will turn invisible

Lore – “The Last Days on Kraken Mare”

The Gatelord’s Eye seasonal artifact

Player power increase from the Gatelord’s Eye

Season of the Undying artifact mods

The Leviathan's Breath exotic quest if players didn't own the Season Pass

Season of the Undying specific materials (Vex components, etc)

And the following Season 8 Triumphs will no longer be available to earn:

Season 8: Power Bonus

Season 8: Progress

The Front Lines

Final Assault

Rapid Assault

Precise Assault

Perfect Assault

Flawless Assault

Offensive Expert

Offensive Tactician

Offensive Sharpshooter

Offensive Finisher

Operative

Moonlight Crescendo

Lunar Fashion

Dark Side of the Moon

Crater Spark

Over the Moon

Season 8: Vanguard

Season 8: Nightfall

Season 8: Engagement

Season 8: Rituals

Season 8: Combat

Season 8: Challenges

Season 8: Valor Legend

Season 8: Valor

Season 8: Glory Streak

Season 8: Glory

Season 8: Iron Banner

Season 8: Iron Will

Hmmmm... I think I still have some of the shader things not completed.  Maybe I'll finish those at least.

What happens when you try to use the Xbox One LFG? I've had some pretty good success with it, but I have issues when I put up my own post sometimes.
If I apply to someone's group, I get a success message but am not connected. Since LFG thinks it was successful, all of the identifying information vanishes, so unless I remember the gamertag (I don't), I have no way to follow up.

I'll probably try it again at some point with screenshots/pen & paper to follow up, but there are already very few "looking for a medium skill player who has never done this thing I need help with", and then hope that random is willing to help me troubleshoot. :)

I have the shader quests to finish as well, but I am also at 4/5 resets for Redrix's Broadsword this season, so I kinda also want to focus on that. Guess I could do it again next season...

I have the shader quests to finish as well, but I am also at 4/5 resets for Redrix's Broadsword this season, so I kinda also want to focus on that. Guess I could do it again next season...
Resets of what? Valor? I think I did that and I've never heard of this sword. I got the triumph for doing a bunch of resets in one season just recently though.

As for LFG, I simply have no interest in trying to play with randoms. I did that a lot in Destiny 1, but only when I was totally familiar with a raid and just wanted to rush through it. Had enough bad experiences to put me off it forever. I'd think it would be misery to do it when you are the only one not knowing what is going on.

We really should try to get more CAG groups together.

Resets of what? Valor? I think I did that and I've never heard of this sword. I got the triumph for doing a bunch of resets anyway.

As for LFG, I simply have no interest in trying to play with randoms. I did that a lot in Destiny 1, but only when I was totally familiar with a raid and just wanted to rush through it. Had enough bad experiences to put me off it forever. I'd think it would be misery to do it when you are the only one not knowing what is going on.

We really should try to get more CAG groups together.
It’s not a sword it’s a pulse rifle

It’s not a sword it’s a pulse rifle
Even better (prefer pulse rifle to sword) - but had still never heard of it ;). Is it a quest I can pick up and hopefully auto-complete since I did the resets?

I've been very slowly working on the throwing knife scout rifle thing. I can't believe now that I saw someone using that in like the first or second week it was out. The grind for that is insane, like the ones for the grenade launchers. I mean, I play this game a lot, and I'm nowhere close on any of those things. The medal requirement for the scout must be enormous. Finally, with all the IB I played this season, I'm up to like 65%. But then I still have to get the Glory points and also more scout rifle kills. It would be nice but I have a hard time justifying grinding for it.

The quest has been around for a long time so you probably already have it. There are a LOT of steps to it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/08/18/heres-the-exact-quest-for-destiny-2s-controversial-redrixs-broadsword-in-forsaken/#6793037758f2
Is this one of those quests that progresses separately on each character? I know I got through step 1 on one of them but not the others. So yeah even though I reset my Valor 5 times I'm nowhere near that step... Probably on step 3 on the character where I did the initial pulse rifle kills. Screw that ;). At least this is not one of those weapons I'm always getting killed by (unlike that damn Recluse which seems to come of nowhere and melt me before I even see who is shooting me).

Is this one of those quests that progresses separately on each character? I know I got through step 1 on one of them but not the others. So yeah even though I reset my Valor 5 times I'm nowhere near that step... Probably on step 3 on the character where I did the initial pulse rifle kills. Screw that ;). At least this is not one of those weapons I'm always getting killed by (unlike that damn Recluse which seems to come of nowhere and melt me before I even see who is shooting me).
You rarely see it in action because it got hit pretty hard in the latest round of nerfs, unfortunately. It does look pretty badass with Atmospheric Glow on it though!

Chuck - what is the plan for power level in the next season pass? Is the cap being expanded again and will base stuff drop at a higher level? If that's the case I think I might be out because I felt like most of the work this season was in getting pinnacle drops and if those are now obsolete it feels like it was a waste of time.
According to today's TWAB, the Power Cap is being raised to 960/970 from 950/960.

And here is a high-level roadmap for next seasons' content release:

Destiny_SoD_Calendar_EN.jpg

I started playing last night and thought about maybe not getting the season pass.  I was pretty disappointed to see all the pinnacle gear I grinded for becoming useless as I started getting blues at nearly the level of my pinnacle stuff.

But then I saw the season pass was 1000 silver and I had just that much left over from my previous bundle purchases so I got the pass.  After the very first Sundial run I was able to get a gun at 959, which outclassed my best pinnacle stuff from last season by 4 points.  Oh well... While I feel like Bungie has absolutely no respect for my time, I've got the pass now and I'll go with it.

I'm going to play differently this time though.  Instead of going for Pinnacle gear, I'm just going to go for the season title via the triumphs and seal.  And also work on all the bounties I can to level up the artifact - that will give me more power boost than the pinnacle stuff anyway.  I was nowhere near close to getting the Undying title last season even though I played the game way more than I should have.  Maybe I can play a little more efficiently this time.  Though one of the weapon quests is for a sidearm and I hate using sidearms so we'll see...  All the secret triumphs required for the title worry me too - if they are things like flawless heroic runs in various activities, that will be a bummer.

I started playing last night and thought about maybe not getting the season pass. I was pretty disappointed to see all the pinnacle gear I grinded for becoming useless as I started getting blues at nearly the level of my pinnacle stuff.

But then I saw the season pass was 1000 silver and I had just that much left over from my previous bundle purchases so I got the pass. After the very first Sundial run I was able to get a gun at 959, which outclassed my best pinnacle stuff from last season by 4 points. Oh well... While I feel like Bungie has absolutely no respect for my time, I've got the pass now and I'll go with it.

I'm going to play differently this time though. Instead of going for Pinnacle gear, I'm just going to go for the season title via the triumphs and seal. And also work on all the bounties I can to level up the artifact - that will give me more power boost than the pinnacle stuff anyway. I was nowhere near close to getting the Undying title last season even though I played the game way more than I should have. Maybe I can play a little more efficiently this time. Though one of the weapon quests is for a sidearm and I hate using sidearms so we'll see... All the secret triumphs required for the title worry me too - if they are things like flawless heroic runs in various activities, that will be a bummer.
The requirements for the new Ritual Weapons (at the very least the Crucible LFR) are much lower than what they were last season. Also, it looks like the Shader/Emblem quest for each is only two steps (I only see two rewards listed), so that makes me less apprehensive.

EDIT - Also, this is not personally confirmed by me, but it looks like the quests for the catalysts of Eriana's Vow and The Symmetry do NOT require you to have the gun equipped in said activities to advance the quest.

I love that exotic scout rifle you get for having the season pass.

Will try to be on Friday and Saturday night to mess around if anyone is on feel free to send me a message.

The requirements for the new Ritual Weapons (at the very least the Crucible LFR) are much lower than what they were last season. Also, it looks like the Shader/Emblem quest for each is only two steps (I only see two rewards listed), so that makes me less apprehensive.

EDIT - Also, this is not personally confirmed by me, but it looks like the quests for the catalysts of Eriana's Vow and The Symmetry do NOT require you to have the gun equipped in said activities to advance the quest.
Interesting. I did one run of the Sundial and the Symmetry catalyst went to 1/400. That would be ridiculous if it required it being equipped (which I did) but is doable if not.

And you know that shader/emblem quest I was telling you I was trying to finish up for Undying? Well, it turns out I wasn't even at the final step. For some godawful reason, after I grinded Nightfall Ordeal (8-9 runs) to get 100% score done, it just went to the next step and had me do it all over again but started at 57% this time. It was very odd. In fact, it is still there in my quest inventory. I got the shader from the intermediate step but not the emblem I guess. It is also asking me to do a bunch of arc and super kills. So yeah I wasn't even near done with it yet. That was unreal and ridiculous and those were some of the easier grinds (as opposed to, say, the Vex Offensive weapon stuff and the pinnacle weapon grinds). I was doing this late Monday night just hours before the game reset to the next season. It was basically an enormous waste of time. (I also spent a long time the night before just starting up Strikes and punching stuff in the regular patrol areas to get the solar/melee kills part done, leaving my teammates high and dry).

In any case, I enjoyed my one Sundial run last night, though just like Vex Offensive I can see that becoming tedious if a bunch of grinding is required. Even though I barely raid, I seemed to be the only one in my random group that knew about the mechanic of punching the scions in their bubbles (which is from way back in the Leviathan raid). I take it that's one of the secret triumphs because I have 5 of something done that's hidden and I punched about 5 of them. I also think doing a run without dying will be manageable - once I figured out the trapping/insta-kill mechanic that the final Scion boss does (ie, shoot the glowy spot).

So the Crucible weapon is a linear fusion rifle. Gambit is a sidearm I think, right? Is there a Vanguard one too? So far those are two weapon types I never use. LFR in Crucible will be a challenge for me, but I suppose that will make it interesting.

Interesting. I did one run of the Sundial and the Symmetry catalyst went to 1/400. That would be ridiculous if it required it being equipped (which I did) but is doable if not.

And you know that shader/emblem quest I was telling you I was trying to finish up for Undying? Well, it turns out I wasn't even at the final step. For some godawful reason, after I grinded Nightfall Ordeal (8-9 runs) to get 100% score done, it just went to the next step and had me do it all over again but started at 57% this time. It was very odd. In fact, it is still there in my quest inventory. I got the shader from the intermediate step but not the emblem I guess. It is also asking me to do a bunch of arc and super kills. So yeah I wasn't even near done with it yet. That was unreal and ridiculous and those were some of the easier grinds (as opposed to, say, the Vex Offensive weapon stuff and the pinnacle weapon grinds). I was doing this late Monday night just hours before the game reset to the next season. It was basically an enormous waste of time. (I also spent a long time the night before just starting up Strikes and punching stuff in the regular patrol areas to get the solar/melee kills part done, leaving my teammates high and dry).

In any case, I enjoyed my one Sundial run last night, though just like Vex Offensive I can see that becoming tedious if a bunch of grinding is required. Even though I barely raid, I seemed to be the only one in my random group that knew about the mechanic of punching the scions in their bubbles (which is from way back in the Leviathan raid). I take it that's one of the secret triumphs because I have 5 of something done that's hidden and I punched about 5 of them. I also think doing a run without dying will be manageable - once I figured out the trapping/insta-kill mechanic that the final Scion boss does (ie, shoot the glowy spot).

So the Crucible weapon is a linear fusion rifle. Gambit is a sidearm I think, right? Is there a Vanguard one too? So far those are two weapon types I never use. LFR in Crucible will be a challenge for me, but I suppose that will make it interesting.
Elemental melee kills can be accomplished by using a sword of that element with no ammo. It's kind of janky using an ammo-less sword, but getting those melee kills is quicker than waiting for your melee to charge (in most cases).

Crucible - Linear Fusion Rifle

Vanguard - Sidearm

Gambit - Shotgun

And you know that shader/emblem quest I was telling you I was trying to finish up for Undying? Well, it turns out I wasn't even at the final step. For some godawful reason, after I grinded Nightfall Ordeal (8-9 runs) to get 100% score done, it just went to the next step and had me do it all over again but started at 57% this time.
I got to the same exact spot this weekend and went "Nope." Probably could have finished off the Gambit one (I think I only had to kill powerful Taken for a while), but I just couldn't get excited about it.

And without the Crucible boost, the last reset was progressing by inches, so didn't get that done either. Got my first 10x streak (with a scout rifle no less), so that was neat.

Yeah, I actually completed the Gambit one the day before.  I didn't find it as tedious as the Vanguard one.  Basically just camped at the bank and killed blockers.  I guess I already had the shaders, so all I got was the emblem. That was somewhat anticlimactic.  I guess I didn't understand the way they parceled out the rewards at each step - thought I had to do all of them.  Shaders always went to the post so I didn't notice getting them.

So I did at least earn the second Vanguard shader from all that grinding and only missed out on the emblem, which is no big deal since I didn't get a lot of other things too.

Elemental melee kills can be accomplished by using a sword of that element with no ammo. It's kind of janky using an ammo-less sword, but getting those melee kills is quicker than waiting for your melee to charge (in most cases).

Crucible - Linear Fusion Rifle

Vanguard - Sidearm

Gambit - Shotgun
Wasn't it solar ability or melee? But I think regular melees counted, didn't they? I was punching stuff without the recharge. Maybe that was a mistake ;).

In any case, it sped up considerably when I was on a grenadier day and had my Warlock equipped with Sunbracers. I just let those solar grenades melt groups of enemies.

Vanguard being sidearm and Gambit being shotgun will be much easier for me. I use a shotgun all the time anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNaByA8S3E&feature=emb_logo
Hey man need your help again. I’m all the way caught up to right before shadowkeep. What version should I buy to get the beat bang for my buck? I’m on PS4 and see they no longer have the shadowkeep complete thing that brought the season passes and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man need your help again. I’m all the way caught up to right before shadowkeep. What version should I buy to get the beat bang for my buck? I’m on PS4 and see they no longer have the shadowkeep complete thing that brought the season passes and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I THINK your only option at this point is to just buy Shadowkeep. This will include one season pass, which will be redeemed when you log in for the first time in a season. I believe the only option for you to buy any future season, until the next big deluxe release which I presume would be next September, would be to buy each season pass for 1000 Silver (roughly $10).

I'm feeling burnout, and "same stuff but harder" isn't helping much.

That being said, this week I'm in reasonable striking distance of two different titles. I just need two Sundial triumphs, the time limit one and the legendary one, to get the Savior title. I also only need the weapon drop from Strange Terrain for the Wayfarer title, and it's in the Nightfall list.

I'm feeling burnout, and "same stuff but harder" isn't helping much.

That being said, this week I'm in reasonable striking distance of two different titles. I just need two Sundial triumphs, the time limit one and the legendary one, to get the Savior title. I also only need the weapon drop from Strange Terrain for the Wayfarer title, and it's in the Nightfall list.
If we're being honest here, I've had a few moments recently where I had a good window to seriously play some Destiny and I was all, "Eh, what's on TV?" The majority of my time has been spent working on the various weekly bounties that award Bright Dust because my reserves have been devastated (...DEVASTATED...) since they made the change and that's starting to wear on me.

Beyond that I've found a couple of opportunities to do the random raid. I've gotten pretty comfortable with Eater of Worlds Prestige (depending on the weekly perks) and I finally finished Spire of Stars and now need to do THAT one Prestige as well. I need to get back into Crown of Sorrow and earn some 2.0 versions of that sweet sweet armor.

I'm not going to be in town next weekend when they release Trials into the wild, and I know I'm not going to be great at it, but I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it. In D1 I did enough Trials to gain enough tokens to luckily get the Hunter helmet. I wouldn't mind having some of that gear again!

I highly recommend queuing up for Sundial on Heavyweight day because all of those runs have been super quick for me. If you want some help with the Legendary Sundial I can jump in with you, but we would still need to LFG for a full group.

I highly recommend queuing up for Sundial on Heavyweight day because all of those runs have been super quick for me. If you want some help with the Legendary Sundial I can jump in with you, but we would still need to LFG for a full group.
Thanks for the offer, but I got lucky last night. Second random game got the time triumph, then immediately found a group of Bubble Titans through the app doing a Legendary run. There must have been some Shake N' Bake, because I somehow felt like I helped.

First title. Woo.

I also managed two runs of Strange Terrain with nothing but blues in the chest. I think I'll just wait until it cycles back to the matchmaking slot and swim in my fractaline Scrooge McDuck style the rest of this week.

FYI, Chuck, I'm still around - I think I'm just skipping the current Destiny season because I feel like it is Trials of Osiris-heavy and I noped my way out of that ASAP.  I'm not paying them to develop that mode.  Just the mere existence of Trials in the game may drive me away forever.

I've been playing Witcher 3 on PS4 and of course Animal Crossing - whenever I can wrest the Switch away from my kids that is.

If you ever want to get a raid group together or something, though, I'm around.  24/7 now ;).

FYI, Chuck, I'm still around - I think I'm just skipping the current Destiny season because I feel like it is Trials of Osiris-heavy and I noped my way out of that ASAP. I'm not paying them to develop that mode. Just the mere existence of Trials in the game may drive me away forever.

I've been playing Witcher 3 on PS4 and of course Animal Crossing - whenever I can wrest the Switch away from my kids that is.

If you ever want to get a raid group together or something, though, I'm around. 24/7 now ;).
It's good to hear that you're still around, and I hope all is well with you and yours.

If you planning on skipping this season, are you doing so with the intention to get a 1000 Silver refund when the season is over? If so, then you shouldn't log in to the game once in this season. If not, there is still plenty of things to do on the PvE side and while I haven't dealt with the Warmind Cells that you can get to drop in battle a lot of people are saying they are a lot of fun.

It's good to hear that you're still around, and I hope all is well with you and yours.

If you planning on skipping this season, are you doing so with the intention to get a 1000 Silver refund when the season is over? If so, then you shouldn't log in to the game once in this season. If not, there is still plenty of things to do on the PvE side and while I haven't dealt with the Warmind Cells that you can get to drop in battle a lot of people are saying they are a lot of fun.
1000 Silver refund? Never heard of it. Is it something they give you if you don't play for a while?

1000 Silver refund? Never heard of it. Is it something they give you if you don't play for a while?
If you bought the Deluxe Edition of Shadowkeep, it came with four Season Passes. In the fine print somewhere, it mentioned that if you don't use one of those Season Passes you would be refunded 1000 Silver (basically the cost of that Season Pass) instead of letting that Season Pass roll into the next (expected) Expansion in September.

If you bought the Deluxe Edition of Shadowkeep, it came with four Season Passes. In the fine print somewhere, it mentioned that if you don't use one of those Season Passes you would be refunded 1000 Silver (basically the cost of that Season Pass) instead of letting that Season Pass roll into the next (expected) Expansion in September.
Ah, yeah, I didn't do that. I paid for the last season with my 1000 Silver from way back when I bought the last big expansion (can't even think of the name). I would have had to pay cash for this one - which is another reason I passed. Again, because all their promo stuff seemed to be Trials focused. I read some article where they said they worked with the hardcores to make Trials like it was in D1. That is exactly what I didn't like so I don't want to reward them with any money. Screw the hardcores and D1 Trials with its dumbass token system. I felt like the original D2 Trials was at least a small improvement on the D1 version, but they scrapped that and went back. I mean, Trials is great if you are a sweaty and enjoy that sort of thing. But they only have so much time and resources and clearly a lot of it for this season went into a mode I wouldn't even use, so I didn't think it was worth paying for.

Besides, I've played very few other games over the last 5+ years besides Destiny, and I feel like I kind of need to try some of them out for a little bit at least! I'm sure I'll be back to Destiny again some time though. I always do come back...

What's everyone's opinion of the game these days?

I've read some bad things about missteps with the content but hard to sift through the standard complaints and people with legit gripes. I left before Shadowkeep so there's a bunch to catch up with but with the season stuff I guess you can't go back and do most of it? So it's just sort of gone.

Dunno. I was always a solo player and the last bit of when I played, solo play was getting really rough. I don't think I'm interested in getting a headset and all that for that type of play. But I do miss the gameplay of Destiny....I have like 3000+ hours played between the 2 games.

Plus, I sometimes feel weird having the gamertag 'DidiTheGhost' and not playing anymore LoL

What's everyone's opinion of the game these days?

I've read some bad things about missteps with the content but hard to sift through the standard complaints and people with legit gripes. I left before Shadowkeep so there's a bunch to catch up with but with the season stuff I guess you can't go back and do most of it? So it's just sort of gone.

Dunno. I was always a solo player and the last bit of when I played, solo play was getting really rough. I don't think I'm interested in getting a headset and all that for that type of play. But I do miss the gameplay of Destiny....I have like 3000+ hours played between the 2 games.

Plus, I sometimes feel weird having the gamertag 'DidiTheGhost' and not playing anymore LoL
I'm not a huge fan of where the game is right now. Ever since Season of Opulence, the changes to Eververse and the Bright Dust economy has turned the game into bit of a chore for me. I focus on knocking out the Weekly Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit bounties for Bright Dust and then if I have time beyond that I work on Pinnacle gear drops and maybe the odd raid.

Last week, I resolved to get the catalyst for Whisper of the Worm (and also the ship). I've enjoyed playing this content and have had a chance to take some New Light Guardians through The Anomaly to get the gun and then take them back through Heroic to get the catalyst started and if they are competent enough at jumping to show them all the chests and the Oracles.

I still enjoy the game enough to play it as much as possible, but there are lots of people that HATE where the game is right now. They don't like that:

• Most everything you do relies on bounties, including the holiday event Guardian Games.
  • This season's activity is basically a public event and it is difficult to complete without matchmaking of some sort (most resort to LFG tools).
  • Trials of Osiris was brought back and Bungie is proud of it but the game mode has lots of bugs (including rewards not dropping), LOTS of cheaters on PC, and no real incentive for non-PvP gods to play the game mode. I believe that Bungie is actively working on this but time will tell how it pans out. I'd love to have a reason to go into Trials because the armor is f*cking awesome.
  • The game is rife with bugs and people are screaming that Bungie needs to take a break on releasing more seasonal content to just fix the game. The majority of the "kick you to orbit" type of errors have been resolved.

Now like I said before, I still enjoy the game enough to play pretty regularly. :)

I stepped back for a few weeks, and came back for Guardian Games. I think I might try to finish up the gun, then take another break.

The actual "playing the game" bit is still fun - shooting and punching and whatever is satisfying.

Things that are currently bugging me that make me not want to continue:

• Seasonal content is super grindy and samey.
  • Bunkers took the worst part of the forges play loop and tripled it. (And I like the forges.)
  • Bounties/quests are too specific, requiring conditions not actually stated anywhere or internet searches to figure out what you're doing wrong, or doing something complicated (kills with status grenades, kills with secondary damage, killing large number of enemies in one super).
  • Overload Captains teleporting around like Nightcrawler on cocaine.
  • Too many things requiring fire teams, especially meaningful Pinnacle progression.
  • Everyone using one-hit shotguns in PvP - especially when you need to kill people without weapons to make progress in the Games.
  • Satellite launches are worse than Escalation Protocol - it isn't that people are bad at it, the instances aren't putting enough people on the map to make it possible.
  • Hunters using Shadowshot in Mayhem. They must be a blast at parties.

I have zero interest in Trials (I have to force myself to play normal competitive), but hope they make it fun for those that do at some point. Seems like a mess.

Ooof. Yea a lot of that is the same sort of stuff I had been hearing. It's kind of sad how messed up Bungie's ideas about the game have gotten from the first game. I mean, I literally only bought an Xbox One because I had to if I wanted to play the new Destiny content. Now every time I check in it seems that Bungie keeps making awful decisions and then has to either stubbornly stand by them or gradually change them.

Think if the urge keeps up, I will just install the first game and play through a character from the start again. As a solo player, OG Destiny truly was a much different game to the forced multiplayer game that D2 became. I get why people like that but it always felt like D1 had a great balance between you missing out on great loot if you played solo but you always had things to do that could keep you close....you know, after the travesty that was the base game and the first DLC that locked fully leveling your character behind the raid.

It's tough for me since I'm 44 and have been playing games with the sound off all my life. Playing games with a headset on just makes me cringe. I guess it's the ADD. Kids these days actually get meds for their ADD rather than growing up playing video games and watching tv at the same time LoL

Other than raids (and other high-end coordinated fire team activities), headsets are completely optional.

I haven't had a random try to talk to me since the doubles matches in February. (A hilarious guy who was having a rage melt down that we were losing, and it was all my fault (other team was just better). He forgot to go to orbit and completely freaked out that we were on the same team again.)

You'll be fine in the normal matchmaking pools for strikes, gambit, crucible, etc.

Other than raids (and other high-end coordinated fire team activities), headsets are completely optional.

I haven't had a random try to talk to me since the doubles matches in February. (A hilarious guy who was having a rage melt down that we were losing, and it was all my fault (other team was just better). He forgot to go to orbit and completely freaked out that we were on the same team again.)

You'll be fine in the normal matchmaking pools for strikes, gambit, crucible, etc.
Oh yea. When I say "solo" in Destiny it's always actually mean "matchmaking only". I've always done all the other stuff. But I missed out on Whisper and Outbreak because I didn't feel like watching videos as I did them. Especially Whisper since I always HATED the platforming in Destiny, unfortunately they added a ton of it in D2.

Yea, I checked and my total was almost 3000 hours for D1 and 1100 for Destiny 2. Kind of nuts but I really did always enjoy the gameplay. It just started to feel different as they really pushed people having to group up and coordinate. Like I never did EP on Mars until we were all overpowered and you could actually do it with the random people there at the time. But you might as well not even look on LFG if you aren't going to go on headset, which I understand but it was still tough feeling locked out from so much of the game. D1 just never felt like that, even the timed stuff wasn't as bad. Like I always soloed Challenge of the Elders and you just got punished a bit on score for taking too long. Not like Whisper and Outbreak which you fail if you can't speed through.

You're right about the headset generally though. I actually only got told to go in chat once on Xbone and that was in OG Destiny. I was doing the sword quest with two people and they kept failing and demanded I listen to them to coordinate....of course I was the one who had done the sword quest like 8 times on PS3 so let's just say I wasn't the problem. The one dude even managed to screw his up when me and the other guy got ours, not sure how he did that.

Last week, I resolved to get the catalyst for Whisper of the Worm (and also the ship). I've enjoyed playing this content and have had a chance to take some New Light Guardians through The Anomaly to get the gun and then take them back through Heroic to get the catalyst started and if they are competent enough at jumping to show them all the chests and the Oracles.
Oh man, I'd like to do this too. But also, I'd like to get Outbreak Perfected!

bread's done
Back