destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Did everyone who redeemed the codes for emblems or was supposed to get the special Bungie emblems not get any of them? I had 2 in my mail box that I took out, but they disappeared, and one of the codes I redeemed for one never showed up.

Did everyone who redeemed the codes for emblems or was supposed to get the special Bungie emblems not get any of them? I had 2 in my mail box that I took out, but they disappeared, and one of the codes I redeemed for one never showed up.
I had the same issue but there is a vendor for special deliveries. If you look at that vendor all the items you are supposed to get are t here for 0 glimmer. I had a TON of emblems from various things available to me.

These are for emblems and cosmetics, not the armory.

I had the same issue but there is a vendor for special deliveries. If you look at that vendor all the items you are supposed to get are t here for 0 glimmer. I had a TON of emblems from various things available to me.

These are for emblems and cosmetics, not the armory.
Thank you, I never even noticed her because there was no icon that showed up. I managed to find 2 of the emblems that didn't get delivered via the mail person, but I'm still missing the shield of heroes emblem that disappeared..

Has anyone received Best Buy's pre-order bonus?

[edit] nm, it's included with the game. I thought BB has separate bonus code like gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my dinklebot has scratches. Cosmetic for a reason?
These things seem hand painted. I don't think any two are going to look exactly the same. As far as scratches, mine had some paint blotches on the back wing and then some extra glue on one of the LEDs.

Does the "eye" have dead pixels?
No, the "eye" (I'm assuming you mean the big round thing at the center) just seems like one big LED light bulb covered by a somewhat clear plastic screen. It does dim and brighten on it's own though. Does yours have dark spots when it lights up?

No, the "eye" (I'm assuming you mean the big round thing at the center) just seems like one big LED light bulb covered by a somewhat clear plastic screen. It does dim and brighten on it's own though. Does yours have dark spots when it lights up?
These black spots; worse in person. My camera is garbage

The more I thought about this being $150 collectible the more I figured it should be mint. Decided to have a little chat with amazon. End price is less than the limited. Now I'm happy!

Chat
I just got home from work excited to see my collectors edition Destiny Ghost was delivered. The outside delivery box was in perfect condition as it was sitting in my front porch. Unfortunately upon opening the box I was in disbelief the condition of my item. The actual collectible packaging is terribly damaged. The box is meant to be collectible and it appears to have been sent to me already damaged. I'm heartbroken and have never had this kind of issue with all the MANY purchases I make through amazon. Help!
Vijay:Hello, my name is Vijay. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
I'm very sorry to hear that your order arrived damaged.
Please allow me to look into this and fix it for you.
Could you please help me with the order# ?
Me:Order date
Sep 6, 2014
Order #
111-XXXXX-XXXXXXXX
Order total
$161.99 (1 item)
Vijay:Thank you.
In this case, please allow me to take this as a feedback and forward to the concerned department. We will make sure an action is taken against the carrier and such issues do not occur in future.
However, to fix it for you, please allow me to issue a return mailing label for the item and replace the item for you.
Would that be okay with you?
Me:This was a preorder that is now sold out. I honestly don't think it was damaged by the carrier as the outside packaging was in perfect condition. I'm not really find of the idea of not having the item.
Vijay:I don't mean to rush you, but I hope we are still connected.
Me:I'm still connected.
Vijay:I'm very sorry to hear about the inconvenience Michael.
Me:It's more than an inconvenience. I guess you could say it's irreplaceable.
Vijay:Yes. I completely understand your concern in this regard. Especially when you pre-order it and the item arrives damaged. And to worsen this, the item is sold out.
Me:Then what else can be done about this matter?
Vijay:In this case, may I issue a partial refund towards the item?
Me:I appreciate the offer. I guess it depends on what the amount of refund.
Vijay:I would be able to issue a refund of 30% of the item value.
Me:If that's honestly the most amazon can do then I guess it will have to do.
Vijay:As an exception, please allow me to issue a refund of 40% refund towards the item.
Me:That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to work on this for me.
Vijay:Thanks for your understanding.
I've issued a refund of $64.80 back to your card.
Please allow 2-3 business days for the amount to reflect on your card.
Me:Thank you again.
Wow, even with a loss on the box that is a killer price. Also, for your own protection can you please edit the order number out of your post? I know it's far fetched that someone will try to manipulate your order in anyway, but it only takes three pieces of information to access an order. Two of which are listed in your chat transcript.

the steel book case on Destiny looks sweet. I rarely buy Collector's edition and this is my 1st time owning G2 steel book case.  I now understand the obsession.  lol..  

Anyways, gonna be difficult to find time for Destiny when D3 is taking up all my limited gaming time.  hoping to squeeze a few hrs into this within the week. 

I have no urge to play the game now honestly.  Im super pissed about the condition of the Ghost Edition to the point that I just want to sit here and watch tv.

Maybe Bungie should inform their customers of the issue they made or what they are going to do about it in the future.  

I have no urge to play the game now honestly. Im super pissed about the condition of the Ghost Edition to the point that I just want to sit here and watch tv.

Maybe Bungie should inform their customers of the issue they made or what they are going to do about it in the future.
Sorry if I missed your prior post but how bad was the condition. My LE from BBY arrive in prestine cond. Can't ask for much more.

I have no urge to play the game now honestly. Im super pissed about the condition of the Ghost Edition to the point that I just want to sit here and watch tv.

Yeah, I haven't seen a response from them about this, and it seems to have affected a lot of people. I can't even find an email address or anything on their site to contact them.

Like...the box doesnt make me that mad...but the Ghost Replica having that issue, although minor (dust or something under the "eye" lens), is an annoyance.

Here is the picture again; it's worse in person

photo1_zps3950b275.jpg

I guess I must have gotten lucky. My ghost edition I ordered Monday during the flood thay came in was in pristine condition. Xbox one version.

My Best Buy order predictably arrived damaged. Anyone here managed to get a partial refund or the like from them?
No luck with my preorder. In-store manager didn't care.

My backup preorder was a no show... Or to clarify, it got sold out from under me.

At least the Soop at this store was willing to act like someone in charge and fix the situation as best he could.
In the end, he confirmed some units were still available in the warehouse ANNND they had a PS3 version available. He placed the order plus gave me an extra discount for the error.

Only problem is I'm stuck waiting to play the game since the PS3 order won't arrive til next week and I won't open the 360 version since I plan on returning it. All to avoid upgrading Live to gold.

Wow...sorry to hear about that guys! Most of the early posts I read yesterday was mostly positive so I thought that most of us who ordered it online got them undamaged. Honestly I was also preparing myself to open it and find the box dinged or in even worse so I was really pleasantly surprised that it was in perfect shape despite the bad packaging and the somewhat bad so-so shape of the box they packed it in (which was a thin carton box).

Anyway, I hope distributors hear the complaints because people order collectors editions to be part of a collection...and that means to have them in the best shape possible.

No luck with my preorder. In-store manager didn't care.

My backup preorder was a no show... Or to clarify, it got sold out from under me.

At least the Soop at this store was willing to act like someone in charge and fix the situation as best he could.
In the end, he confirmed some units were still available in the warehouse ANNND they had a PS3 version available. He placed the order
sig.jpg
plus gave me an extra discount for the error.

Only problem is I'm stuck waiting to play the game since the PS3 order won't arrive til next week and I won't open the 360 version since I plan on returning it. All to avoid upgrading Live to gold.
This.

Amazon gave me a 40% refund on my cracked PS4 Ghost via chat so I kept it

ArvGEH1.jpg
Nice shot :D

Before returning it to GS, I'm offering my backup PS4 Ghost Edition to my fellow CAGs for $168 (the retail price of the game plus $6.50 shipping and $12.00 in sales tax that I paid for it). There is a small crack in one corner of the box lid, it doesn't look full-thickness to me, but you'll be able to inspect it first if you are interested in it. Local pick-up only, cash only, I am located in the Anaheim, CA area. PM me if you are interested.

Walmart just cancelled my ghost edition XB1 and said it was discontinued. Guess I can get ripped off on ebay now.

Before returning it to GS, I'm offering my backup PS4 Ghost Edition to my fellow CAGs for $168 (the retail price of the game plus $6.50 shipping and $12.00 in sales tax that I paid for it). There is a small crack in one corner of the box lid, it doesn't look full-thickness to me, but you'll be able to inspect it first if you are interested in it. Local pick-up only, cash only, I am located in the Anaheim, CA area. PM me if you are interested.

Pm sent

Pm sent

bread's done
Back