destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Lol, yea man I updated mine through the USB port and it now floats around on its own, scans my entertainment center, and recites lines not just from Destiny, but Game of Thrones as well.

Nevermind. Got a partial refund, aww yiss. Time for a spending spree before I get banned!
How much was the refund? I've seen someone got $5 which is crap imo. Even though it really isn't Amazon's fault. Also that one gamestop store at least was doing a 15-30% I think it was depending on damage. 30% seems high but again $5 is not enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home from work with my Ghost waiting for me from Amazon. Overall very lucky it's in great shape. Only one small crack in the corner.
The more I thought about this being $150 collectible the more I figured it should be mint. Decided to have a little chat with amazon. End price is less than the limited. Now I'm happy!

Chat
I just got home from work excited to see my collectors edition Destiny Ghost was delivered. The outside delivery box was in perfect condition as it was sitting in my front porch. Unfortunately upon opening the box I was in disbelief the condition of my item. The actual collectible packaging is terribly damaged. The box is meant to be collectible and it appears to have been sent to me already damaged. I'm heartbroken and have never had this kind of issue with all the MANY purchases I make through amazon. Help!
Vijay:Hello, my name is Vijay. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
I'm very sorry to hear that your order arrived damaged.
Please allow me to look into this and fix it for you.
Could you please help me with the order# ?
Me:Order date
Sep 6, 2014
Order total
$161.99 (1 item)
Vijay:Thank you.
In this case, please allow me to take this as a feedback and forward to the concerned department. We will make sure an action is taken against the carrier and such issues do not occur in future.
However, to fix it for you, please allow me to issue a return mailing label for the item and replace the item for you.
Would that be okay with you?
Me:This was a preorder that is now sold out. I honestly don't think it was damaged by the carrier as the outside packaging was in perfect condition. I'm not really find of the idea of not having the item.
Vijay:I don't mean to rush you, but I hope we are still connected.
Me:I'm still connected.
Vijay:I'm very sorry to hear about the inconvenience
Me:It's more than an inconvenience. I guess you could say it's irreplaceable.
Vijay:Yes. I completely understand your concern in this regard. Especially when you pre-order it and the item arrives damaged. And to worsen this, the item is sold out.
Me:Then what else can be done about this matter?
Vijay:In this case, may I issue a partial refund towards the item?
Me:I appreciate the offer. I guess it depends on what the amount of refund.
Vijay:I would be able to issue a refund of 30% of the item value.
Me:If that's honestly the most amazon can do then I guess it will have to do.
Vijay:As an exception, please allow me to issue a refund of 40% refund towards the item.
Me:That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to work on this for me.
Vijay:Thanks for your understanding.
I've issued a refund of $64.80 back to your card.
Please allow 2-3 business days for the amount to reflect on your card.
Me:Thank you again.

Im chatting with Amazon now

If they dont issue a ton of money returned I will return it

They wont issue me any money..only a return label.
Yeah they always try that first. You tell them that you aren't returning it since you can't replace the damn thing. I hope Amazon (and every other retailer) raises hell with whoever is ultimately responsible.

^ Well take the refund if it's ok with you. You all got more than me. Looks like you're getting 20%. Mine was 15% and I didn't argue any further. Of course I would have though had I known what other people are getting.

Here is my package from Amazon all smashed

photo1_zpsfac26163.jpg

photo3_zpsccabb339.jpg
photo2_zps2dcf0248.jpg

Seriously dont argue. Makes the situation seem shady
i argued...

Amazon: The partial refund will be $30. Is that fine with you?

Me: Is that the most that can be given as tax is almost half of that? Sorry to be a pain, I'm just frustrated? :(

Amazon: No problem, as a one time exception for you I will go ahead and will issue a refund of $50 :D

So I got $50.13 lol after being offered 0 then 30.

i argued...

Amazon: The partial refund will be $30. Is that fine with you?
Me: Is that the most that can be given as tax is almost half of that? Sorry to be a pain, I'm just frustrated? :(
Amazon: No problem, as a one time exception for you I will go ahead and will issue a refund of $50 :D

So I got $50 lol after being offered 0 then 30.
Exactly! I was respectful and got him up to $65. I'm totally happy but fact is they should never have been damaged...at all.

Don't worry, like I've stated earlier in this thread, maybe, I have gotten 7-8 replacement Kindle Paperwhites until I got one that I liked. Still not banned and just asked for a replacement for a loud ass air purifier.
I suspect you will be eventually. They tend to do audits every 4-6 months and returning the same item multiple times is a huge red flag.

My wife and I are in a chat with Amazon.  Mine also came damaged like most pictured.  Seeing what can be done.  I'm hoping for that 40%!

Yep that second one is pretty much exactly what mine looks like on a couple of the corners. I did manage to get one in almost perfect condition. No broken corners at least.
I didnt know if I was going to keep it...but I guess for $114 I will.

Also ordered 2 from target yesterday even tho they will most likely be cancelled. If they dont, I can supply some CAG's with ones if they didnt get their hands on them

Oh, the agony! I abhor it whenever my stuff comes in damaged from Amazon...or anyone else for that matter. Every now and then Amazon packs their stuff like ****. It gets to me and I say, "You really think that single sheet of brown paper would keep it safe?" I guess I'm all right that I didn't buy one just yet.

Oh, the agony! I abhor it whenever my stuff comes in damaged from Amazon...or anyone else for that matter. Every now and then Amazon packs their stuff like ****. It gets to me and I say, "You really think that single sheet of brown paper would keep it safe?" I guess I'm all right that I didn't buy one just yet.
Mine was wrapped in bubble wrap. I don't think they were damaged by the stores. I have a feeling they went out this way from the distributor considering how may are like this. It's all good for a grand total of $97! Would have cost me $108 for a limited edition.

Wait so the outter box is cardboard? No wonder so many were damaged.
Yes but it feels pretty sturdy. They probably just got ridiculously stacked at some point and maybe the shape of it in the corner areas makes it a weak point and a bunch of them just cracked open.

Maaaan I'm sorry guys. At least Amazon is making it better. I would mind $30-$50 as an apology.

Just got mine and unboxed it. The box from UPS was half open with the tape all pulled back. I was scared but shockingly the Ghost Edition was in perfect condition!

I should go play lotto.

Lucky to people who them in perfect condition. Not the same here... Mine looks like some of the less severe ones. They gave me $30 but I'm still not quite happy. Just a sucky situation.

Lucky to people who them in perfect condition. Not the same here... Mine looks like some of the less severe ones. They gave me $30 but I'm still not quite happy. Just a sucky situation.
Same.

Im scared to open it; hopefully the ghost is not broken :( since stuff sounds like it moves around in mine and it was delivered upside down

Missed the initial preorders for PS4 ghost at Amazon/Best Buy/Gamestop. Ordered Ghost at Walmart (cancelled) and Newegg (lol) in early July. PS4 Limited Edition at Best Buy was cancelled but got $50 credit. Also ordered PS4 Limited Edition at Amazon and actually got that in perfect condition. 1/4 success rate with orders thus far.

Now I'm in a conundrum. Should I open PS4 Limited or wait for Newegg? I actually called them up and the person I spoke with was clueless. They said that they did not have it ready right now but were expecting inventory of 100 Ghost editions that would be fulfilled on a "first come first served" basis. This was quite infuriating, as I had preordered in early July at this retailer and they shouldn't allow people to preorder if they don't anticipate sufficient stock. Essentially "first come first served" is unacceptable for preorders, since that is the very point of the preorder! The order hasn't even entered the beginnings of the shipping process (while I already have my Amazon copy). The only reason I even bothered with Newegg is that the Ghost edition was sold out everywhere else.

I'm worried about mine from Amazon now. I had to talk to a rep yesterday because with 2-day shipping selected, the delivery date was still a week off so the lady offered a "one time exception" to changed it to Wednesday. I hope mine isn't broken and I have to try to get them to fix it again...

No problems here picked up all 6 at best buy,

4 ghosts  ps4 and 2 Xbox ones all in mint condition :)

Paid only 700 for all 6 using gamer unlocked and 10 percent coupon pretty much made all my money back by selling two ghost  on ebay about a month ago when they were going for close to 400.

Does the ghost do anything besides sit there and look pretty? I want to see a pic of that thing!!! I just got the limited edition myself. :)

No problems here picked up all 6 at best buy,
4 ghosts ps4 and 2 Xbox ones all in mint condition :)

Paid only 700 for all 6 using gamer unlocked and 10 percent coupon pretty much made all my money back by selling two ghost on ebay about a month ago when they were going for close to 400.
doesn't gcu have a limit or 3 of. The same item or the ban hammer strikes ?

Came home to my PS4 LE from Best Buy (came UPS but my fiance arrived home as the UPS guy was leaving and she tracked him down cause the save the dates for our wedding came today too lol).  Looks in pristine condition although when I opened the steelbook the disc was loose....installing it on PS4 now.

bread's done
Back