Destiny on Sale at Sam's

tdn327

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Was at sams club and saw a bunch of Destiny for the X360 "for" sale already. It is for regular pricing if you want to play it earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't they get in big trouble for this by breaking the street date on such a big release? A purchaser should definitely worry about a ban from MS as well.

Couldn't they get in big trouble for this by breaking the street date on such a big release? A purchaser should definitely worry about a ban from MS as well.
you are not going to get banned for playing this game early because you can't. You can't servers don't go live until the game goes live in AU (10am Monday). From that point you can't get in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither you nor they will get in trouble but the game might not work until launch - Activision could easily prevent log ins until then. They aren't sending out review copies until the game launches so there's no reason for anyone to be on the servers who isn't involved with game development.

You won't get banned because like people have said the servers aren't live.  I also read an article from a few weeks back that said they don't care if people get the game early and play it whenever the servers go up.  They are being laid back about early sales.  Could care less.

Gotta love all of the people saying, 'You won't get in trouble.', even with the amount of times people have in the past. That said, it's pretty pointless to get it early. The servers aren't up.

People who played Halo 3 early got banned iirc. Not worth the risk

edit- it was HALO 4 http://kotaku.com/5952008/play-halo-4-early-get-banned-from-xbox-live-forever

But this is isn't a Microsoft game so who knows.
Even if the servers were up people wouldn't be banned. Read the article. They were banning people because they assumed you pirated a copy. I remember listening to Major Nelson's podcast at the time and he said if you bought the game from a store that sold it early 'enjoy the game' because they won't ban you for legally buying the product. Would be the same situation here. They will give Sam's a ton of grief for selling them early but would not ban people who bought the game from them.

Gotta love all of the people saying, 'You won't get in trouble.', even with the amount of times people have in the past. That said, it's pretty pointless to get it early. The servers aren't up.
Bungie straight up said its ok...

I quote their twitter, "Destiny servers will admit Guardians as soon as it is September 9th somewhere in the world. When you play is between you and your retailer."

It would be locked out of the system to buy it at sams anyway. Same thing happened to me weekend before madden was released. Sams had the cards out but when I tried to buy a copy the system wouldn't let the sale go through.

North American servers for this game aren't going online until mid-day Monday and this game requires an always online connection to Bungie's server so even if you got this game a few days early you would be able to play it until about eight hours before it's official release. Big whoop, no one here should be jealous or trying to seek out an early copy. Waste of time.

Most stores POS blocks sales of street dated items anyway. I tried to get MLB the show 14 at Walmart the Friday before release and their system wouldn't let it be sold.

If you can snag a Destiny from Sams Club right now would be great

Get that game installed and ready to go as soon as the servers are live

bread's done
Back