Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I am taking a vow of silence. I will no longer speak in any raid until I get one to drop for me. Dylan (Deon Snares) will be my voice and my will going forward.
can't determine if that's a threat or promise...

So i guess me and Matt are able to do hard mode crota. If anyone else is interested let us know. Could possibly do it tonight if schedules are open and people are online. I really have nothing to do except help people out and do bounties.
I might join you with one of my kids characters, if possible. (my sons tried a PoE 32 w/ Ignatia, it was too much stress for my 9 y.o.)

Finally got a Ram from PoE34 chest. Just need the 2 Cipher weapons now to complete Exotics.

Cipher- best way to get it? 34? 35? Because I'll run Kaliks w/ all 3 characters if need be.

Did a VoG run last night with a full team... easy to forget how much fun that can be.

It'll be real nice if TTK provides another proper 6-man activity (Crota is garbage, even with a full fireteam)

Cipher- best way to get it? 34? 35? Because I'll run Kaliks w/ all 3 characters if need be.
I'd try running 34 with all 3 toons and then at least one Skolas run until you get it.

I bring you the incredibly poorly edited "I need to clear hard drive space, so I am going to quickly look at a few clips I saved to see if anything is worth keeping and delete the rest montage". I think you'll appreciate the random playstation theme exit cards in the middle of the clip and some of the surprise guests. Try not to be too impressed by my MLG skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwOCfnddpys

I bring you the incredibly poorly edited "I need to clear hard drive space, so I am going to quickly look at a few clips I saved to see if anything is worth keeping and delete the rest montage". I think you'll appreciate the random playstation theme exit cards in the middle of the clip and some of the surprise guests. Try not to be too impressed by my MLG skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwOCfnddpys
You use a thorn, git gud kid.

Did a VoG run last night with a full team... easy to forget how much fun that can be.

It'll be real nice if TTK provides another proper 6-man activity (Crota is garbage, even with a full fireteam)

I'd try running 34 with all 3 toons and then at least one Skolas run until you get it.
CE is fun up to/including Ir Yut. If you're on later we should spam normal for dat Black Hammer chance.

And that VoG run was great. Next time we run it we should do challenge-mode type restrictions, like only VoG gear or fusion rifles only or some business.

I finally achieved soloing Crota HM with my Titan last week but I ended up with just the helmet as a reward. Lame sauce, although it was pretty satisfying to pull it off solo. Once you get the strategy down it's pretty easy but also very dependent on Crota taking a knee with two Gally rockets (naturally). I thought I'd try again today since I missed the big raid parties last night and finally got a Fang of Ir Yut to drop. I now have at least one of every CE raid weapon but the Word of Crota and a Crux. With a month left before tTK drops hopefully I can get those last two and actually finish a lvl 35 PoE.  :pray:

CE is fun up to/including Ir Yut. If you're on later we should spam normal for dat Black Hammer chance.

And that VoG run was great. Next time we run it we should do challenge-mode type restrictions, like only VoG gear or fusion rifles only or some business.
Save the armor, we already run EVERYTHING with VoG gear (VoC, fatebringer, found verdict, gally) ;)

Quick BH run sounds good to me. Actually have the crota cp from last night. Tried to get McFryyy the clan raid trophy but failed. Crota quirks caused a wipe here and there, then I ran out of time.

Hey, McFryyy, we'll get that done sooner than you think. I got you man :cool:

Duet you should have joined the party we had room in the coolkidsclub...everyone just show up tuesday at 7 central and see what party has a spot and join the club...

Duet you should have joined the party we had room in the coolkidsclub...everyone just show up tuesday at 7 central and see what party has a spot and join the club...
Argh! I think I was even online at the time too as I noticed a lot of you guys were on as well. Damn, I will not sleep as well tonight knowing I missed out rocking a raid with the coolkidsclub. Well, live and learn for next week I suppose. Did anyone come away with something they didn't already have?

After who knows how many hours, I have finally finished the Witcher 3's main story .... still have tons of hours to go due to all the side contracts and what not. 

Might hop in Destiny tomorrow and during the weekend, tough I should probably finally start Batman AK, since I got that day 1   or Far Cry 4 or DAI  :whee:

FML I wanted to do the weeklies and get some coins, but Omnigul + no burn  :whistle2:

Since everyone now has the chance to own it, can we petition Bungie to not nerf it?

I am happy that those of you who could not get it to drop will be able to play the next few weeks at full power. It really is a fun gun to use.

I spent over 200 motes of light to try to get Don't Touch Me gauntlets. I got everything but them. However, after getting the gjally, which I named Sally, she's from the valley, nothing mattered.

When I saw on my phone what Xur was selling at 5AM, my eyes got big and I jumped out of bed hoping the installs were done. I switched out hard drives last night and wasn't sure if Destiny was done. I would have punched my wife in her sleep in anger if the Gjally thing was a joke and he was selling some other crap.

No, I want a Crux.

Speaking of the Crux. Can you farm it, or did that end up being a myth? I remember people used to say you can run hard mode as many times as you want during the week to try and get a Crux, but I don't remember if it ended up being true or not.

No, I want a Crux.

Speaking of the Crux. Can you farm it, or did that end up being a myth? I remember people used to say you can run hard mode as many times as you want during the week to try and get a Crux, but I don't remember if it ended up being true or not.
No it is not true, once the loot drops you'll have to wait until next week... I'm really impressed that it has such little drop rate now because I remember the first weeks after CE HM was available it dropped one or two per week, RNGesus is crazy!

I still need the hopscotch  :wall: but I've stopped (this time for real) my search for it, I will just do some queen breakers bow rumble with my friends from time to time (sometimes ruined by blink/thorn/shotgunners).

Reading tweets/Facebook posts about Gjallarhorn, I inadvertently discovered the exact time period when I earned my pair of them. Ah, memories.

https://twitter.com/TheMattYoung/status/550818234820083712

Anyone still need any Nightfalls? _jr needs 2, which I'll help him with, but just looking for anyone who wants to tag along.
I was thinking of dropping in today and doing the NF x 3 since I like the strike and it does have burns (should take 15 mins a pop). So count me down if you need a third. What time were you thinking on doing them?

I was thinking of dropping in today and doing the NF x 3 since I like the strike and it does have burns (should take 15 mins a pop). So count me down if you need a third. What time were you thinking on doing them?
He didn't want to wait, so we already did them. (that's 5 Nightfalls for me this week.)

7 - Do you still have that Crota hard checkpoint? Were you planning on going through it at some point? Kids want more Crota loot (_jr would play and I would control his brothers' character).

So, what did you do today?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CMYkbZIUAAAq0x6.mp4

Finished my Black Hammer failures last night, thanks to my clanmates putting up with my BS. At least I saw it still drops... just not for me.

Also tried out Elimination for the first time and that was really fun. Especially like that it throws in other maps

XUR IS SELLING GJALLARHORN!

HE IS @ TOWER BY SHIPWRIGHT/DEAD ORBIT VENDOR!!!!
Guess this means everyone's gonna use Gally during trials tonight ;)

Well, grab it while you can... this is only the 2nd time Xur's ever sold it... EVER

You have to be fuck kidding me :bs: . I guess all the dicks in LFG will need to find another weapon load out requirements to be dicks about
And this was all Bungie had to do to address the dumbass LFG'ers instead of nerfing Gally. But that's OK, Sleeper Simulant is SOOOO gonna replace Gally (if you believe'em)

The fact that Xur is selling Gjallarhorn makes me think Gjally is gonna get nerfed real bad. Bungie seems to want people to move away from year 1 weapons when TTK arrives. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed to oblivion. 

7 - Do you still have that Crota hard checkpoint? Were you planning on going through it at some point? Kids want more Crota loot (_jr would play and I would control his brothers' character).
Yeah i still got it. Im open for whatever. I have no commitments at the moment. You, your son, Matt, and I would make 4. Not sure if that is enough to beat hard crota. I can do the sword with my hunter for sure, with my other character might be a bit harder. Ive actually never done the sword on hard, so im up for the challenge.

Yeah i still got it. Im open for whatever. I have no commitments at the moment. You, your son, Matt, and I would make 4. Not sure if that is enough to beat hard crota. I can do the sword with my hunter for sure, with my other character might be a bit harder. Ive actually never done the sword on hard, so im up for the challenge.
@Matt - you interested? what time works for you?

The fact that Xur is selling Gjallarhorn makes me think Gjally is gonna get nerfed real bad. Bungie seems to want people to move away from year 1 weapons when TTK arrives. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed to oblivion.
That's what I'm thinking too. The fact that they're finally letting everyone get it makes me nervous.

You could get it done with four, but it might be cutting it close. Really depends on the rockets everyone is using and you'd probably want to do the heavy ammo glitch at the beginning so you don't have to worry about ammo synth cooldowns.

IIRC, you need 3 maxed Gally rockets + some primary to bring down the shield. And, more or less, 2 rockets from any other RL = 1 Gally rocket. So you might need someone to double up on rocket shots, depending on their gear.

bread's done
Back