Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Wiped on the Nightfall with Valus at 25% health. Heartbreaker. We brought our arc game not expecting those dickbag Psions to be negating everything with their void shields. Might try again tonight.

Wiped on the Nightfall with Valus at 25% health. Heartbreaker. We brought our arc game not expecting those dickbag Psions to be negating everything with their void shields. Might try again tonight.
I actually solo'ed the Weekly heroic with Valus without a guide. Funny thing is I don't even remember doing strike in the game, I think it was my 1st time doing it. I just killed everything with the interceptor.

I know i read someone say the queen shader and emblem give bonus xp. But I think the robe and helmet count towards queen bonus bounties too. I was getting 181 xp from 100 xp bounties while wearing the queen helmet, robe, emblem, and shader. Im about 150 away from rank 2 where i can buy the class arm band.
Something changed around the time the weekly reset came along. Last week it was only the shader and emblem giving 10% each for a total of 20%, now I'm getting 80% extra rep from having those two and also the 2 legendary armor pieces equipped.

I actually solo'ed the Weekly heroic with Valus without a guide. Funny thing is I don't even remember doing strike in the game, I think it was my 1st time doing it. I just killed everything with the interceptor.
Nice. I imagine we'll cruise through the Weekly after last night. Just such a bitter loss at the time.

I got to rank 2 for the queen and bought the class arm band. So with the arm band, emblem, shader, helmet, and robe equipped, a 100 xp bounty turned into a 199 xp bounty. Wonder if i can get to rank 3 before this event ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, my Tuesdays are 7am-11pm and so by the time I hop on Tuesday nights everyone is already in fireteams and I have nothing to do other than solo stuff. I was really hoping to get a head start on the Raid but everyone was already in it on my list : (

Womp womp.

Hopefully I can get it done tonight! I really want a nice Legendary+ Sniper, Ascendant Material and armor and so the Raid is pretty all I want to do. I will probably do the Nightfall before the Raid to help boost that XP since this week's looks fairly easy especially.

I got to rank 2 for the queen and bought the class arm band. So with the arm band, emblem, shader, helmet, and robe equipped, a 100 xp bounty turned into a 199 xp bounty. Wonder if i can get to rank 3 before this event ends.
Does the arm band effect your regular vanguard marks rep/marks like the other pvp Factions?

Does the Queen's emissary offer anything good besides the legendary weapons for purchase?

Are we able to gameshare Destiny? As in, under one PSN ID, have the game on 2 PS3s and have them able to play that game online under 2 different IDs?

Patch is up..

Summary:
With this patch, we address some widely-discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.

Cryptarch
Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
Chance for Legendary gear increased
Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)

Rewards
Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
Known issues
When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
You will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI

Crucible
Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlist

Hah, big fuck you from Bungie. Grabbed Cryptarch packages that were saved before the patch went live, and also some new ones I just got from leveling him up... Got like 20 rare engrams, no legs. Sweet change. Went from 30% chance to 0 apparently.

I've played Destiny for about 41 hours (if the time counter in the companion app is accurate) and I've only obtained 3 Legendary pieces of gear - 2 of which were freebies for completing the Queen's missions. The loot system was complete garbage and I'll have to wait until this weekend when I have time to play to see if it has been improved any.

Does the arm band effect your regular vanguard marks rep/marks like the other pvp Factions?

Does the Queen's emissary offer anything good besides the legendary weapons for purchase?
I did a patrol mission with it on and i got only vanguard rep. So i guess it dont do anything except when you turn in your queen bounties.

The queen dont even sell legendary weapons, those locked at rank 3 are rare.

Hah, big fuck you from Bungie. Grabbed Cryptarch packages that were saved before the patch went live, and also some new ones I just got from leveling him up... Got like 20 rare engrams, no legs. Sweet change. Went from 30% chance to 0 apparently.
Figured something like this was gonna happen. Dumped all my purples and saved all my blues for after the patch hoping to cash in after the patch.

All postmaster envelopes give all blues now and before the patch?

Possible that you got unlucky after the patch, I believe I all 3 blues once. Its not even gaurenteed that there will be 3 items, I've gotten 2 blues only before.

So then I got lucky last night...  Hit lvl 6 on cryptarch and got a purple engram that stayed purple: Order's Gauntlets.

Glad to see the patch finally went live. I'll play it a little more now, but will still probably devote most of my free time to catching up on the other releases that have recently come out.

Weird that all three give such a high bonus. Granted someone has already hit Rank 3 and said that the only thing that's new on the vendor is a few more blue weapons that aren't anything special.

The queen dont even sell legendary weapons, those locked at rank 3 are rare.
IIRC, they're better than all the other blues, though. Most blues only go up to 242 attack or whatever, where the queen's go up to like 270 attack. Those numbers are just off the top of my head, though, so they might be off a bit (and I might just be misremembering entirely).

I hate these 20 headshots with scout rifle bounties with a passion. Why do i have to shoot someone in the face 5 times to get a kill, when they can just kill me in 1 second with auto rifle or rush me and one shot me with a shotty. Its so annoying. These guns are so under powered. Only time i get lucky is if someone already damaged them, they stand in one spot and dont know im shooting them, or they just have horrible aim. Im lucky if i get 2 kills per match. Most of these maps suck for scout too. Everything is close quarters most of them time. I know there are big maps but you rarely see people trying to snipe, which can kill you in one hit, another disadvantage. Most people are in closed in areas, which isnt the scouts specialty. But i really want to try to get to rank 3 for the queens other shader.

Finally reached level 26! Got that took a f@cking while...now to 27 which means collecting legendary materials & looking for random materials in planets ...  fuck  

I hate these 20 headshots with scout rifle bounties with a passion. Why do i have to shoot someone in the face 5 times to get a kill, when they can just kill me in 1 second with auto rifle or rush me and one shot me with a shotty. Its so annoying. These guns are so under powered. Only time i get lucky is if someone already damaged them, they stand in one spot and dont know im shooting them, or they just have horrible aim. Im lucky if i get 2 kills per match. Most of these maps suck for scout too. Everything is close quarters most of them time. I know there are big maps but you rarely see people trying to snipe, which can kill you in one hit, another disadvantage. Most people are in closed in areas, which isnt the scouts specialty. But i really want to try to get to rank 3 for the queens other shader.
Bungie is aware of the weapon imbalance. Scout rifles should be much better at long-range. And auto rifles should be much worse at long-range. So that should be a future update.

UGH. So my buddies and I decided to attempt the Raid on Hard/ Level 30 again and ugh I hate it so much.

The fact that no one can be revived is just ridiculous. As a Sunsinger I at least can usually pull myself back up but when one of our Titans would go down we were instantly screwed. We spent like 5 hours on it and only got as far as the first chest (aka just being able to open it outside which isnt even scaled to hard).

I went FWC as a Warlock. Used the chest and leg pieces for a while until I got better/raid gear.

They also gave me a kickass Legendary Shotgun when I go to like level 2 or something that I am still using as my go to secondary.

I finished the raid last night and only got the white shader and ascendant stuff. Kind of disappointing. Was hoping to get at least the class arm band for warlock, or some new raid gear like a chest piece or boots.

I finished the raid last night and only got the white shader and ascendant stuff. Kind of disappointing. Was hoping to get at least the class arm band for warlock, or some new raid gear like a chest piece or boots.
Did you get stuff throughout though?

You have the chance of getting stuff after 3 other events within it is plus the three chests.

I wish the ship was much more interactive like Old Republic where you could actually walk around the ship then the ship a different things to offer you.

I got the Warlock bond and Universal Remote from our run. Pretty happy with the bond even though it's only cosmetic. Not sure how I feel about UR. It's kinda neat to have a shotgun primary but I don't really play the PvP which is seems most suited for. I would be happier with an Icebreaker :D

Still have the last boss to finish up too.

I got the Warlock bond and Universal Remote from our run. Pretty happy with the bond even though it's only cosmetic. Not sure how I feel about UR. It's kinda neat to have a shotgun primary but I don't really play the PvP which is seems most suited for. I would be happier with an Icebreaker :D

Still have the last boss to finish up too.
Of all things I really just want to get the armor first and foremost. Being able to survive is key I think in the Raid. The weapons all are bonuses but nothing that completely destroys anything. A shitty player with an amazing exotic is not as helpful as a great player with a basic legendary. With that however then, if you can take a hit you will be much more successful which is why I really just want the armor! I need the Raid Helm and Boots (and then a good deal of Ascendant Shards) and I will be 30! And much more well quipped to handle the Raid on Hard

Pre-patch, I got 1 Legendary engram in 30 hours. It decoded into a rare item. 30 minutes or so of playing after the patch, I got a Legendary engram which turned out to be an Exotic auto rifle. Yes! Yes! Yes!

I got a legendary auto rifle today from a rare engram. But its one of those auto rifles with a high clip count, high rate of fire, and barely any impact. So yeah kind of useless, well its not as good as the legendary auto rifle i bought. Lets just say that. But it was nice to get a legendary from a rare engram.

I should hit queen rank 3 in 2-3 days. So i should be good to go before the event ends.

bread's done
Back