Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Hey guys. If you do the Destiny Planet you get a special emblem. It's actually pretty cool and has some neat stuff to check out.

If you want to skip all that, go here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fadoy/psa_the_code_for_the_destinyplanetviewcom_special/
For anyone who doesn't want to click the link or go through everything on DestinyPlanetView (For spoilers or otherwise), the code you put on bungie.net under your profile. That code is 7F9-767-F74

Also: Preorder Call Of Duty Advanced Warfighter and get a code on your receipt for a Legendary Armor
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/preorder-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-get-destiny/1100-6422049/

At gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-day-zero-edition/114918
Look on the page, it is shown there. Code will be printed on receipt/in an e-mail.
It's not for a Legendary Armor. It's for a Legendary Armor Shader that apply shades of gun metal gray, bullet brass yellow, and metallic silver to your armor. Basically a gold/black kind of look applied to whatever armor you have equipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who doesn't want to click the link or go through everything on DestinyPlanetView (For spoilers or otherwise), the code you put on bungie.net under your profile. That code is 7F9-767-F74

It's not for a Legendary Armor. It's for a Legendary Armor Shader that apply shades of gun metal gray, bullet brass yellow, and metallic silver to your armor. Basically a gold/black kind of look applied to whatever armor you have equipped.
Yeah, I did a more complete post in the free stuff section.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/335060-destiny-free-emblem-and-collectors-cards-for-unknown-extra-content/

I'll be running through the SP mode since the story is what interests me the most in this game.  Played a bit of the MP and Coop during the beta and was not interested in any of those modes at all.  

[quote name="gthirst" post="12061466" timestamp="1409744427"]Hey guys. If you do the Destiny Planet you get a special emblem. It's actually pretty cool and has some neat stuff to check out.

If you want to skip all that, go here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fadoy/psa_the_code_for_the_destinyplanetviewcom_special/
Also, check the link for other codes redeemable on Bungie.net. I redeemed 17 codes for "Destiny Collector's Card #1-17". Not sure what they are for, but I'm guessing we shall see.

Collector's Card info

Also: Preorder Call Of Duty Advanced Warfighter and get a code on your receipt for a Legendary Armor
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/preorder-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-get-destiny/1100-6422049/

At gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-day-zero-edition/114918
Look on the page, it is shown there. Code will be printed on receipt/in an e-mail.[/quote]
Awesome. I'm all geared up.

One point though, I'm not preordering COD: New Paint Job to get some digital trinket I may not even use...

Does anyone one have the digital Guardians Edition preordered at a GameStop store? On the iPhone app it says release date 9/7. I wonder if we can get our code Sunday to start preloading it since the servers won't be up till 9/9.

Damn i just pre ordered this last night from PSN instead of gamestop by accident so i missed out on the Upgraded Sparrow Vehicle DLC.

Anyone got a extra code for sale?

Which version do I have to pre-order to stop them from making dumb shit like that live action trailer?

Damn i just pre ordered this last night from PSN instead of gamestop by accident so i missed out on the Upgraded Sparrow Vehicle DLC.

Anyone got a extra code for sale?
You can get upgraded Sparrow's in the game. The only difference is the color scheme, which is a Gamestop exclusive until 1/1/15.

Not worth paying for unless you think it'll be the only color scheme you want on your Sparrow.

Oh we have a Destiny CAG too, nice!

I'm already joined up with Destiny NeoGAF, cool to see CAG has a good following also

If anyone wants to add me for Destiny fun, I'm cool with that

Will be a Female Awoken Warlock

I learned a fuck-ton from the Alpha and Beta, wouldn't mind helping give out info to CAG'ers here too

Like:

Got Cryptarch to level 15+ easily, just kept farming the Old Russia Loop near the Trackyard zone for hours

5,000 Glimmer/Hour from chests in the loop + yellow mobs that drop engrams, kept looping, stockpiling engrams

Got to the Beta 25,000 Glimmer Cap twice and just bought Green Engrams when Cryptarch had them for sale, went on a buying spree
Repeat process

Then:

Just keep stockpiling and don't forget to dismantle the ever living shit out of everything!
You will need those weapon parts/cloths, if you have stockpiles, you will save yourself such a huge headache for level 20+ stuff

I remember I earned like 65+ weapon parts from buying so many weapons from the Cryptacrch while leveling him up, you can only buy up to 9 per purchase rotation

Also for my loop, learn all the places were Spinmetal can spawn, there's at least roughly 7 spots I know of it can spawn, so yeah, need those too!

Also pick up the assassination bounties (has a certain icon), you get a decent chunk like 10-15 of said material that is for that Planet
You can trade them in for marks for Crucible or Vanguard in 40 stacks, but save those shits at the start, cause guns quickly start requesting material @ level 10+ when Blue (Rare) stuff starts dropping

This I wrote up for a gaming acquaintance:

Yeah you can do a fuck ton in the game (Beta speaking, retail will be way bigger)
There's marks for 2 main factions, 1 PVE oriented, 1 PVP oriented
PvE mark is given with Strikes (think dungeons), PTE Public Time Events (think Fates, but happen randomly in a zone, get Gold Rating everyday (think dailies) get +3 marks), trade in material in batches to the Quartermaster of said faction to earn extra marks (need 40 per batch, these are also used to upgrade weapons/gear, so choose wisely)
PvP is your FPS standard modes with twists, Control = Domination + TDM, yes you try to control 2/3 flags, then have to kill opponents, more flags you have the better bonus points you achieve
The players gears are equalized, so if your wearing Rare (Blue) items and fighting Uncommon (Green) Opponents, you will not have an advantage, the damage/impact is the same for all weapon (think level capped), your gear/weapon leveled attributes do carry over
There's also events that Bungie will throw in from time to time for rare factions that only appear during it, the same game modes you play now will have the advantage gear enabled, so now people with Uber gear will stand out against lower geared players (It's called Iron Banner), mostly matchmaking will try to match players equally geared towards a rating, or people will get annihilated by better geared players
There's a 100 mark cap every week, so a win gets you +2 a loss +1, so you can't grind PvP
Then there are sub factions that give good loot if you earn reputation on their behalf, which in turn you level up their reputation rank and earn marks to buy their emblem gear

The farming parts comes from Strikes and Explore (just going back to story missions w/o being zone in, can go explore all areas, kill mobs for ammo/xp/engrams (think sacred scrolls that need to be deciphered)
Cryptarch takes those engrams and deciphers them, thje more you decipher, the more he levels up, the more he levels up, the better rarity those engrams become
A Cryptarch with Rank 5 might decipher a Rare (Blue Engram) into just materials that are rare, but a Rank 10 might hand you a Blue Gun

Currency in this game is called Glimmer, you get them from chests (people do loops and farm them in a zone) or higher rank mobs that drop them, rewarded also, and gear/weapons you don't need/use can Dismantle and make small amounts of glimmer but also net you materials
Yes the game has synthing process for gear and weapon upgrades, you need certain materials to open the skill tree and upgrade talents within gears and weapons

You cap out at level 20, but you can keep overleveling (think ilvl) with the Light stat
Certain gears (Legendary (Purple) and Exotic (Gold) have Light stats on them
You need those to do higher level dungeons where mobs get to level 31, so more +Light the better you will be against those. I theorized that for every +13 Light, you gain a level

The last thing is when you are geared the fuck out and almost maxed out, you go do Raiding (think Coil)
So far one in announced called Vault of Glass, this must have the best gear possible
Also you can only win loot once, you can repeat the raid (not fully guaranteed), but loot is once a week till reset
There's also a checkpoint system, so you can come back and pick up from where you previously left off

So yeah this game is crazy for trying to merge many genres and use the FPS model as the overlay

Rarity gear:
Common (White) < Uncommon (Green) < Rare (Blue) < Legendary (Purple) < Exotic (Gold)
You can only equip an exotic on each side of you char, for a total of 2
Left side pick either, primary, secondary, heavy
Right side pick Head, Chest, Legs, Feet

You can't exotic out your char, take a look here at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR42-WbyamA, you'll see the exotics and how some are ridiculous good looking

3 classes Titan, Warlock, Hunter, there's no defined roles that there has to be a tank or healer
All 3 are up to the job, each do differentiate themselves within their skills/talents
Once you hit 15, you can choose a subclass, each class has 2 subclasses at the moment
1 offense, 1 defense, you can level those up and swap them in out for the situation at hand

I'm still missing stuff here, but this is the gist of Destiny
It's a time-sink, but nothing like XIV requires

The preload is now available on PSN for digital pre-orders. It seems some people auto-downloads may not kick off until a later date. So I suggest going to the store to manually download it.

The size is roughly 200MB. Then in the background it will download the remaining 18-19GB worth of data. You can find this status by hitting Options -> Information once Destiny is added to your dashboard/ribbon.

If u buy the PS3 or 360 version digitally u get the next-gen version for free. Includes game and season pass content too

Since some people have been receiving copies early for whatever reason, it has been found that the Limited Edition/Ghost Edition contain codes that are infinite use Bungie.net redeemable codes. These codes are for emblems only and the following below are the only ones found so far (and may be the only ones).

Thanks for posting those Shader & Emblem codes Draekon and FellOpenlan.

Only a few more days until release, can't wait. If any fellow CAGs are still looking for some people to do raids and what not with you can add me (PSN: Deuterium).

Destiny Vita Remote Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzmBvAAMmQ
I wish all devs would make custom controls for the Vita. that would be so much better. most games suck due to the lack of R2/L2.

No they don't, you just need to invest in a grip case. All my remote playing is overall pretty comfortable. I play Diablo 3 and Madden on there all the time without a hitch.

Yeah... I finally decided to cancel it. I don't like that it's online only and that they're forcing online connectivity even for single player story missions. I might pick it up when it's really cheap, but I just don't like the idea of a single player game that's going to become unplayable when they eventually shut down the servers.

Yeah I probably wouldn't have gotten this game if I had to pay for it either but thanks to friends in the game industry I got a free copy. I am after all, a CAG. ;)

Joined the clan.  Counting down the hours til Midnight when BBY opens. 

I really wonder if those DDOS attacks a few weeks ago were a calculated effort in order to try and get them to buff up servers for tomorrow.  If they really were all about pissing people off, they would've taken down the networks tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the free PS4 version for people who purchase the PS3 version digital can be redeemed via the web store? The instructions on the website say to redeem it from the PSN store on a PS4 and makes no mention of being able to do it via the web.

It seems silly that you'd have to physically do it on a PS4 but it would be a major bummer if that were the case since I don't have one yet (and may never).

bread's done
Back