Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Does anyone know if the free PS4 version for people who purchase the PS3 version digital can be redeemed via the web store? The instructions on the website say to redeem it from the PSN store on a PS4 and makes no mention of being able to do it via the web.

It seems silly that you'd have to physically do it on a PS4 but it would be a major bummer if that were the case since I don't have one yet (and may never).
It should just be automatically added to your account that you bought the PS3 version on.

Just saw this updated part of the upgrade FAQ:

Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined the CAG clan, others should too!

First impressions - shouldn't of played the alpha and beta so much. Seems i'm going to be just repeating myself for a few hours here..

Also how I do get access to the PS exclusive stuff? 

[quote name="thenexus6" post="12078872" timestamp="1410264253"]I joined the CAG clan, others should too!

First impressions - shouldn't of played the alpha and beta so much. Seems i'm going to be just repeating myself for a few hours here..

Also how I do get access to the PS exclusive stuff? [/quote]

Exclusive Strike mission on Mars and a Crucible Map. Not sure about gear, weapons and ship.

Is the general consensus that Xbox 360 will have the most number of Destiny players due to sheer number of consoles available? Obviously PS4 is better technical wise but in terms of game population, where will I find the most number of people to play with? I'm weighing if I should just spend $60 for 360 instead of a new console with PS4.

Is the general consensus that Xbox 360 will have the most number of Destiny players due to sheer number of consoles available? Obviously PS4 is better technical wise but in terms of game population, where will I find the most number of people to play with? I'm weighing if I should just spend $60 for 360 instead of a new console with PS4.
Unless you're dying for a PS4 at this point, just save the money and get the 360 version

Could someone with the ghost edition measure the box?  I've seen different dimensions listed on different sites.  Trying to clear some shelf space while waiting for it to arrive.

Already hooked again and I'm not even past the beta missions yet. As much as I love Diablo III it's going to be tough to manage my time and play both.

Here's another newly discovered Bungie.net Code for an emblem:

X4C-FGX-MX3 Emblem: Note of Conquest

This brings the count to 26 codes.

17 Grimoire

7 Emblems

2 Shaders

Also, don't forget to activate all of them to add them to your characters in-game. If you lose them, you can go back to the Special Orders Vendor and re-buy all of them. (May have the name of the vendor wrong)

I've got everything to show so far in-game except the shaders. Anybody have any idea where to get them? Not in the mail, not at the special vendor, not in your vault and the lady who sells shaders doesn't have them either.

Ive been doing this thing lately where I don't follow games anymore pre-launch. From bad past experiences, I found it better to go into games almost blind. Because I knew very little about The Last of Us, I probably enjoyed the experience more than people who know every facet of the game before they even had it in-hand. I did the same with Destiny. Never read any articles. Never played the beta. Nothing except a handful of trailers and word-of-mouth and I'm loving it more for it. Ever since Uncharted 3, I refuse to follow games before they release

[quote name="Draekon" post="12078869" timestamp="1410264085"]Apparently someone at Prima done fucked up (Possible it's not the full guide, but it has a fair amount of info). Infinite use digital guide key for Destiny.

Code: hmnr-nqd9-d8u8-ftav

Redeem: http://www.primagames.com/code[/quote]
Score! It worked. :)

[quote name="Kendro" post="12079020" timestamp="1410269923"]Is the general consensus that Xbox 360 will have the most number of Destiny players due to sheer number of consoles available? Obviously PS4 is better technical wise but in terms of game population, where will I find the most number of people to play with? I'm weighing if I should just spend $60 for 360 instead of a new console with PS4.[/quote]
Well, there actually are a lot of PS4s now. How many people do you need?

I got mine activated from EB. Its a Red Sparrow and as per the EB guy it's faster than the rest by a noticeable amount... I wouldn't know yet because the update is a 300MB download before it will let me play the game. LOL

Lucky for me my interest connection is good because it's just about done now. :)

The lineup at EB at 10AM was out the door by the way.

[quote name="ORGAN1ZAT10N_13" post="12079786" timestamp="1410285896"]In case anyone else got the authentication questions, the answers are 09/09/14 and Amazon[/quote]
Does it matter? I used today's date and EB Games.

Everyone is playing this game now while my copy from Dell is "in production". Still says i will get it on Thursday. I hope so. I dont even know which class i want to be. Probably either Warlock or Hunter. I just dont like the Hunters special gun power, but i love his knife throw. LOL. Hope everyone is enjoying the game so far. Got a few friend requests last night that i accepted too. So looking forward to playing asap.

Ok, so I'm level five and I've done all story mission on earth except the final mission. There are lots of little caves and other stuff that was not in the beta. Everything is better than the beta; haven't played PVP yet.

There are many of those ?? level enemies walking around and deep dark Hidden areas. Leads me to believe there is more on these maps saved for high levels.

Whats the best deal for a physical copy of this game? I have the psn credits to download but it seems like a game I'll want to sell eventually.

[quote name="ravenbear" post="12080623" timestamp="1410301697"]Fun game if it would not keep disconecting me from server might actually enjoy it more.[/quote]
I played about two hours earlier today. Not one problem with connecting. Maybe it's your Internet?

[quote name="jedi0077" post="12080745" timestamp="1410304075"]Whats the best deal for a physical copy of this game? I have the psn credits to download but it seems like a game I'll want to sell eventually.[/quote]
I'm in Canada. I spent like 70 something counting tax. I'm planning to play this for a long time. This D3, Madden 15 and Minecraft. Not buying another game until next year unless we see some seriously sock PSN sales around Xmas.

I was disconnected twice throughout the day. Kicked twice from PSN Party Chat too (While not getting kicked from the game).

How many total main story mission are there?  Looks like its gonna be kinda short but maybe its designed like that because you can play 3 times throuh with different classes.

Installing my PS4 LE copy now and planning to play after finishing up Captain America Winter Soldier...feel free to add me on PSN:  Garrus_Lannister

How many total main story mission are there? Looks like its gonna be kinda short but maybe its designed like that because you can play 3 times throuh with different classes.
There are 25 missions

I do not believe this counts Strikes, I'm just basing it off of the trophy progress that popped up on my screen at one point.

Someone's gonna have to give me some tips for Crucible.  Evidently, I kind of suck at it.

What weapons are most people using?  Auto-rifles for close range with sniper rifles for long range?  Shotguns for close range with something else (what?) for long range?

I'd be happy if I could get my k/d ratio up to 1.0

A few thoughts..

- Why you can't chat to randoms on the tower / in game is beyond me, seems so stupid. You dance about a little with people see what people are doing then party up and leave the tower together for a mission. The way to invite people into your fire team should be way easier to. Click one button done, no waiting around and taking you to another screen.

- Not sure if because i'm a low rank but I wish there was a game mode where everybody started with same weapons. Because i'm running into people level 20+ and they are killing me instantly due to my lack of arsenal and gear.

- Not enough maps or game modes in the crucible so far.

- I really hate, activate something and defend the area! type missions, and this game has had a lot so far.

- Transporting you out of a mission after you complete it is lame. There should be an option to stay or leave. I find loads of cool places to visit during a mission that i'd like to explore after the objective but i'm sucked right back to my ship after.

- It's strange to me is why the game isn't full of people running around. I am in Russia doing patrols but no one is around.. the odd person is "near me" but with probably a million people playing this I figure the lobbies would be packed with people.. I am not sure what the player count is for each server / area at a time but say if each area has a limit of 24 players roaming at one time it should be full all the time right? This game seems like such a closed experience so far, unless you're with friends.

I didn't fall for the hype for this game. I played the alpha about 8-10 hours and enjoyed it a lot to start with then got a little samey. The beta I only played for a few hours, and so far the game is exactly the same. I guess I have to just power through and get to the new stuff and hopefully it gets better. I don't regret buying it so far, but its definitely not GOTY or GOAT for me at the moment.

Someone's gonna have to give me some tips for Crucible. Evidently, I kind of suck at it.

What weapons are most people using? Auto-rifles for close range with sniper rifles for long range? Shotguns for close range with something else (what?) for long range?

I'd be happy if I could get my k/d ratio up to 1.0
Get better gear/level up your character. it's really as simple as that. Personally I am staying away from Crucible until I get some decent gear and unlock a few more of my characters abilities.

bread's done
Back