Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

You can only get 100 vanguard marks a week and theres gear that costs 125 and 150 vanguard marks, wtf bungie?
Yes, it will take two weeks to get that item then. It's a standard MMO strategy to make the game take longer.

I've moslty been playing PVP and I havent gotten any legendary or exotic items yet. Maybe I should start doing some more strikes.
You can get them from either, but I bought mine using Motes of Light from a vendor that only appears on the weekend. It cost 23 Motes of Light for the Exotic Chest Engram. The other Exotic I have are Gauntlets that cost 13 Strange Coin.

How the hell do u get more strange coins faster? I only have 3 and need 10 more to get something from that exotic vendor before hes gone in 1 day

I've moslty been playing PVP and I havent gotten any legendary or exotic items yet. Maybe I should start doing some more strikes.
I've gotten an exotic sniper rifle and hand-cannon by winning Rumble before. Other than that, legendaries sprinkle few and far between in Control despite winning. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Vault of Glass once it opens. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuuuuuuuuu. I bought my Exotic Engram from the NPC and while I got an Exotic Chest, it's for Titan and I'm a Warlock. It's a nice one though.
Store it in your vault at the tower in case you make a titan later on. ;)

Yeah i was playing with madcats in the weekly strike and it was really hard. Basically a couple hits and you were dead. Plus on top of that you cant auto revive in 20 seconds. You are dead until another player revives you. So it does make things a bit harder. We were doing the devils lair strike, and we got stuck in the middle part where there are 3 waves of enemies while the ghost is doing whatever he does. If we got past that i think we could have beaten it. The tank and eyeball area arent as hard as that one.

So whats next? I finished all the missions on earth, the moon, venus, and mars. I never seen any end credits and there doesnt seem to be anything popping up like im supposed to go there next.

EDIT: Now that i post this i see there is a "play credits" in the bottom right corner of my map. Guess thats it. huh.

How the hell do u get more strange coins faster? I only have 3 and need 10 more to get something from that exotic vendor before hes gone in 1 day
He comes back every weekend. Only surefire way right now is by doing the weekly strike.

Edit: Oh yeah, you get can 1 for doing public events, too (I think just one per day, though).

Besides the ones mentioned, it's also a random award given at the end of strikes or finishing a crucible match. They can also come from decrypting blue engrams and above.

I didn't get a single blue piece before I hit level 20 today.
That's messed up. I am at level 15 and have multiple blues. I'm still using greens though. Just because gear is rarer, doesn't necessarily mean it's better. Here are some of the Blues I've found at lvl ~13. In some aspects they are better, but is higher damage worth the huge drop in stability or range? Not really

Not to mention, in this game, shotguns are a risky business. And with the Darkness Zones in every level, I'd rather keep my distance and not have to replay them 70 times

[attachment=8145:Destiny Screen 1.jpg] [attachment=8146:Destiny Screen 2.jpg] [attachment=8147:Destiny Screen 3.jpg] [attachment=8148:Destiny Screen 4.jpg]

[quote name="snakeybro" post="12092760" timestamp="1410668893"]can we trade loot with each other or not?[/quote]
No. Only your own characters using the vault.

Just tried farming on The Nexus strike and nope no rares or legendaries for me, i have not even gotten a legendary drop yet and im lvl 21

-__-

[quote name="snakeybro" post="12092874" timestamp="1410671185"]Just tried farming on The Nexus strike and nope no rares or legendaries for me, i have not even gotten a legendary drop yet and im lvl 21
-__-[/quote]
I didn't get one until 23. I don't think they're meant to be common.

[quote name="snakeybro" post="12093128" timestamp="1410677476"]where did u farm to get it? I just reached vanguard lvl 3 on the cryptarch and only got uncommon armor.[/quote]
I don't believe in farming for engrams. I got it as a random drop while doing patrol missions.

Too bad you didnt show us what it looked like on you. I have a lot of blue items, think those are all rare. But i have never seen a legendary item yet. Im level 21.

I was looking up shaders to see what they looked like and came across these codes. Havent tried them myself, but they should work on bungie site.

Oracle 99 – You have to redeem this code on bungie.net to get this shader, RXC-9XJ-4MH. This is a gold and blue color

Double Banshee – You need to enter this code on bungie.net, 7MM-VPD-MHP. This is a double blue color.

Has anyone got a new ghost? I thought by reviving dead ones they would go into your ghost slots. But i only have the one i started with.

Too bad you didnt show us what it looked like on you. I have a lot of blue items, think those are all rare. But i have never seen a legendary item yet. Im level 21.

I was looking up shaders to see what they looked like and came across these codes. Havent tried them myself, but they should work on bungie site.

Oracle 99 – You have to redeem this code on bungie.net to get this shader, RXC-9XJ-4MH. This is a gold and blue color

Double Banshee – You need to enter this code on bungie.net, 7MM-VPD-MHP. This is a double blue color.
If I remember right, I'll get a picture when I get home. If I remember right, it looked pretty similar to what I was wearing.

Got my first Exotic Gear yesterday. Was a Lvl 23 Warlock before I got it. Light Beyond Nemesis - Helm.  Thank you Cryptarch for two Legendary Engrams. 1/2. Not bad. 

I honestly don't think Bungie was that confident in their game. They hyped the ever loving fuck out of it, and was advertised up the ass - everything to make you buy it, but didn't even let reviewers touch it until pretty much everyone already bought into the hype an got it. Still hardly any reviews. None from big names like Gameinformer, 1up, Joystick, IGN, Gametrailers, Destructoid. Nothing.

I'm enjoying the game, but for people waiting on professional reviews to decide if it's something they'd want, I'm sure this is getting rediculous. Gamespot and Polygon are the only ones to put out a review and they only gave it a 6/10 each.

I'm not sure if anyone has enough experience with the end-game to really review Destiny yet. I mean the raid isn't even unlocked yet let alone beaten and Bungie looks to be peppering-in timed vendors and events and such.

Whether or not people consider Destiny an MMO, it's probably best to review it like one and possibly even revisit it after a few months and update the text if need be.

if anybody wants to farm for legendaries @ the cat walk before The Nexus add me: ibAdAzz

its the one where you kill the group and jump off, rinse and repeat.

I was able to get 2 in a hour and a bunch of blues also. 

Lvl 16 hunter here! I did start an alt char (warlock) night and got him to lvl 6 before retiring to bed. Hehe! Still loving the game! I did some public events last night and they were pretty ridiculous hard. Well probably coz still low level or something. We did manage to destoy that tank spider at the last minute. Hope bungie release some good updates soon. Another gripe i found thr 3 man limit in coop. Wish it was more sometimes.

if anybody wants to farm for legendaries @ the cat walk before The Nexus add me: ibAdAzz

its the one where you kill the group and jump off, rinse and repeat.

I was able to get 2 in a hour and a bunch of blues also.
I'm away for the weekend but when I get back I'll be down for that. Not sure of what method you're talking about but either way I'd like to give it a shot. I'll add you whn I get back unless you add me first.

My main focus right now is to get vanguard points to buy a sweet arm band for my warlock. So im trying to do vanguard bounties.

Im kind of confused about my subclass though. There are some on my main class that arent even started, but i dont know if i need to change my focus on speed, armor, toughness, or does that even matter to start getting those worked on? Do i need to do special things, like use my grenades to start working on the next upgrade for that? Or is it just experience. I really dont understand how it works. I started working on my subclass and just got my special melee move, but idk if i like it because the L1+R1 move seems pointless. At least my main class i get a sweet bomb, this just makes all my attributes better for a limited time, whatever that means.

Anyone get a "The Last of Us" feeling when you went to Venus? I dont really like that planet, doesnt seem like much to explore around in. Not like the moon or Mars.

I do like Mars though, i love those big enemies. They remind me of Boomers from Gears of War, and i love popping their heads lol.

I hope the raid on tues still lets you go in @ 24, I've had shit luck when it comes to right side Legendaries, 4 of them were for other classes lol

Got a exotic and legendary for my left side though. 

My main focus right now is to get vanguard points to buy a sweet arm band for my warlock. So im trying to do vanguard bounties.

Im kind of confused about my subclass though. There are some on my main class that arent even started, but i dont know if i need to change my focus on speed, armor, toughness, or does that even matter to start getting those worked on? Do i need to do special things, like use my grenades to start working on the next upgrade for that? Or is it just experience. I really dont understand how it works. I started working on my subclass and just got my special melee move, but idk if i like it because the L1+R1 move seems pointless. At least my main class i get a sweet bomb, this just makes all my attributes better for a limited time, whatever that means.

Anyone get a "The Last of Us" feeling when you went to Venus? I dont really like that planet, doesnt seem like much to explore around in. Not like the moon or Mars.

I do like Mars though, i love those big enemies. They remind me of Boomers from Gears of War, and i love popping their heads lol.
I think it's all about experience no matter what you do. I also think each "level" of skills is set to unlock after a certain point I just haven't figured out the pattern yet. I did manage to unlock Blink for my Warlock shortly after we last played and I love it. It takes a little bit getting used to especially for high jumps but damn is it sweet once you get the hang of it.

I hope the raid on tues still lets you go in @ 24, I've had shit luck when it comes to right side Legendaries, 4 of them were for other classes lol

At least you have something better than blue lol. My only legendary was a helmet for a different class.

From one of the Bungie weekly updates:

Q. When should I expect to give the Vault of Glass a run?

The Vault of Glass can be broken into beginning on September 16th, assuming you’ve achieved level 25. This allows all of our players a week to dive into the world, start to make their Guardians and prepare for what lies behind a giant door on Venus.
So, it sounds like you have to be 25.

I wouldn't try the raid unless I'm 26 (same level as the raid). The weekly heroic is pretty rough so I'd imagine the raid will be even harder. Going in underleveled is asking for a beat down.

bread's done
Back