Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Leveling my Titan now so I can say fuck YOU to the cryptarch  My 27 Sunsinger will hibernating.

HmlYDv1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm the only one who keeps one of every elemental sniper rifle, fusion rifle, machine gun and rocket launcher in storage. Never know when I might need them in the Nightfall to make use of the increased elemental damage, lol.

I guess I'm the only one who keeps one of every elemental sniper rifle, fusion rifle, machine gun and rocket launcher in storage. Never know when I might need them in the Nightfall to make use of the increased elemental damage, lol.
That is a good idea. Didn't think of that but moving forward with my more powerful weapons I will be sure to do that myself!

I do that with just Sniper Rifle, figured that legendaries trump blues regardless of the elemental damage.

I'm prob wrong though, like usual.

I do that with just Sniper Rifle, figured that legendaries trump blues regardless of the elemental damage.

I'm prob wrong though, like usual.
300% damage when you get the damage modifier. So it helps, however certain things will be strong versus elements and sometimes those can cause other elements to be better despite the modifier. In those cases, other elements will be useful and that's often when the other ones come into play.

I bought vanguard gautlets and chest armor for my warlock. I had enough to buy the gauntlets from the stranger but i didnt like them really. Maybe i should have bought them anyway to up my rank, and used my other vanguard money on some boots. Oh well. Kind of regret that now. Bought the guantlets because they add more ammo for auto rifles which i use mostly.

I feel like starting a new character with the hunter. But then i feel like if i stop now with my warlock that it was all for nothing. LOL. Like i should wait till im done with my warlock before starting a new character. Upgrade my subclass fully, get to vanguard level 3 or whatever is the highest, get all exotic or legendary armor and weapons for all slots. I feel like if i stop with this character then i wont be as up to date with others when they open the vs mode where defense and weapons do count.

I feel like starting a new character with the hunter. But then i feel like if i stop now with my warlock that it was all for nothing. LOL. Like i should wait till im done with my warlock before starting a new character. Upgrade my subclass fully, get to vanguard level 3 or whatever is the highest, get all exotic or legendary armor and weapons for all slots. I feel like if i stop with this character then i wont be as up to date with others when they open the vs mode where defense and weapons do count.
I am in a similar boat. I know if I stop I wont be competitive and what not and with Raids and stuff too I want to keep up with my buddies. Not to mention I am splitting my time between my X1 and PS4 characters and friends haha

Ugh I'm so mad now that I didn't wait on the Vanguard gear. Why oh why did you have to have the same stuff Xur? You mysterious bastid.

Hehe after reading the last 3 pages. I can assume that Bungie wants a lot of us to roll Titans.  I'm a 25 hunter but I've gotten 2 Titan legendaries. 

I'm really glad I held out on buying this. I will prob pick it up used eventually for the experience. Maybe after there is some kind of matchmaking for dungeons/raids.
It sounds petty but I really wanted it to be pretty(er). Like they developed for ps3 and just tried to shine up a few things for current gen.

Hehe after reading the last 3 pages. I can assume that Bungie wants a lot of us to roll Titans. I'm a 25 hunter but I've gotten 2 Titan legendaries.
I wonder if that does have any impact?

I know I feel like there are far more Warlocks and Hunters and playing the Strikes especially, having a solid Titan/Defender is essential. That would be interesting if they alter the drop rate to suite the least played class to cause a more 'natural' balance between them all?

I rarely get matched up with a Titan. It is usually a Hunter or a Warlock. Since my friend and I play Hunter and Warlock respectively, I would prefer a Titan. But that is hardly the case. 

I rarely get matched up with a Titan. It is usually a Hunter or a Warlock. Since my friend and I play Hunter and Warlock respectively, I would prefer a Titan. But that is hardly the case.
Yeah my friend I play with almost every night is a Titan. I am a Voidwalker, my buddy is a Defender and our other friend has a highly leveled Blade Dancer and so together we have all the bases covered and it really shows how much easier the game is when you have a variety of abilities like that.

I am in a similar boat. I know if I stop I wont be competitive and what not and with Raids and stuff too I want to keep up with my buddies. Not to mention I am splitting my time between my X1 and PS4 characters and friends haha
Yeah thats another thing, i want to get high enough to do raids. I dont want to spend another 2+ weeks with a new character just to be at the same spot im at right now.

Don't forget that you can change what your super does almost on the fly to fit the situation and keep your super charged. Changing the sub-class though will remove all your super charge when you switch.
How do you do this? Is there a short key to this?

I'm really glad I held out on buying this. I will prob pick it up used eventually for the experience. Maybe after there is some kind of matchmaking for dungeons/raids.
It sounds petty but I really wanted it to be pretty(er). Like they developed for ps3 and just tried to shine up a few things for current gen.
Dungeons do have matchmaking. They're called Strikes.

Raids on the other hand require communication. It won't have matchmaking unless they do an overhaul of the audio/chat system in the game as well as the raid itself. So I wouldn't count on it.

Hide behind cover really quick and go to the upgrade menu. Switch it out in a couple seconds.

Not the best way, but it's pretty quick.
I would like a quick menu accessible for equipment and ability changes on the fly. No descriptions or anything. Kind of like on the new Diablo Ultimate Evil Edition how you can swap through new equipment and equip from there but it just lacks all the details.

They removed the currency exchange before I could grab any strange coins. :cry:  (hopefully they'll bring it back up once they've made it account-wide or whatever to stop people abusing it)

They removed the currency exchange before I could grab any strange coins. :cry: (hopefully they'll bring it back up once they've made it account-wide or whatever to stop people abusing it)
Dammit! I hope it is back up this weekend sometime... I wasnt going to be able to hop on until like 6:30 after work tonight. Ugh.

Received the three Exotic Bounty choices again. Choosing Toland's Legacy this time to obtain Bad Juju, the Pulse Rifle. Choices were the same three as before.

Received the three Exotic Bounty choices again. Choosing Toland's Legacy this time to obtain Bad Juju, the Pulse Rifle. Choices were the same three as before.
How do you get exotic bounties? Is it random? Also, the only way to reach lvl 28 requires ascendant shards right?

Regarding classes, I play as a Titan because I like to punch things. I'm doing the same progression I went through in the alpha and beta:

1. Human Male Titan
2. Awoken Female Warlock
3. Exo Male Hunter

Also, the only way to reach lvl 28 requires ascendant shards right?
Unless there's some special rewards from the raid, the highest light level you could get without ascendant shards would be 92, 6 light short of 28. By my calculations, 28 shards would be the minimum needed to reach 28 (16 for 2 +2 upgrades on your exotic, 12 for 2 +1 upgrades on legendaries)

Regarding classes, I play as a Titan because I like to punch things. I'm doing the same progression I went through in the alpha and beta:

1. Human Male Titan
2. Awoken Female Warlock
3. Exo Male Hunter
I have the same type of race and class choice as you do. Hehe! Always thought titans were humans. Maybe coz of starcraft influence as well as Gears of War.

Spent 2 hours tonight at the earth loot spot.  There were between 3-5 people at the spot at all times so we were tearing through stuff. Sadly only one legendary dropped, but around 25 rares and god knows how many uncommons.  I literally jumped out of my chair in excitement when the I decrypted the legendary and it popped up an exotic helmet.  I decrypted the rest of the items and then went into my inventory to check out my new exotic helm, only to have my heart sink...

Bx8ca4WIEAAdgd-.jpg

I guess it'll be nice to have for if/when I make a Titan

Spent 2 hours tonight at the earth loot spot. There were between 3-5 people at the spot at all times so we were tearing through stuff. Sadly only one legendary dropped, but around 25 rares and god knows how many uncommons. I literally jumped out of my chair in excitement when the I decrypted the legendary and it popped up an exotic helmet. I decrypted the rest of the items and then went into my inventory to check out my new exotic helm, only to have my heart sink...

Bx8ca4WIEAAdgd-.jpg

I guess it'll be nice to have for if/when I make a Titan
Bungie made that to even prolong the game. "You want to wear the exotic we just gave you? Levelup a new character and sink another 20 hours to our game." Hehe! Yeah i did the earth loot spot last night and goy a chest amor for a titan.

Myself, I had much better luck tonight when my legendary engram turned out to be an exotic helmet.

20f6ez5.jpg

God I love the cave.

This is going to sound odd coming from someone who uses the gnasher in gears of war 80% of the time. But Destiny needs to nerf shotguns. Sick of seeing one shot kills. Takes the fun out of the vs mode for me. Thats the only thing i dont like so far with vs mode.

EDIT: I guess if you cant beat them, join them. I was using a shotty later and found it pretty fun. LOL

Somehow i got lucky today and got the triple play trophy, which you have to get a triple kill on a hunter, warlock, and titan. Its such a luck trophy but glad i got that over with.

Man today i lost a lot of cash for nothing. First i bought vanguard gauntlets. Then i heard the ones from the strange vender help keep your fire nades last longer so i decided to use my strange coins on those. Then later in the day when i was playing vs, i got a legendary engram and it ended up being legendary guantlets. Could of used my strange coins or vanguard marks on something else. Im close to being able to afford some crucible gear, just need to get to level 2 first.

Also, for those of you who don't mind going through a little trouble with gamestop (none if you already have CoD:AW preordered), you can get a free legendary shader

[attachment=8351:Gamestop Destiny.PNG]

After having not had a chance to play all week, I finally got to lvl 22. All I need is some high power legendary gear and maybe I won't get instakilled in pvp
I dont think that matters, except for the iron banner event where that stuff does count.

I read on kotaku once you get to rank 2 of a faction, every time you rank up they actually send you a legendary weapon through the post office. I joined FWC just for their armor is Dicipline and Intellect. Though i kind of like dead orbit, there logo looks somewhat like a 7. LOL. I want a emblem that has a 7 in it, are there any?

I read on kotaku once you get to rank 2 of a faction, every time you rank up they actually send you a legendary weapon through the post office. I joined FWC just for their armor is Dicipline and Intellect.
It's not every time. Rank 3 seems to be guaranteed, but 4 doesn't (It's armor) and 5 does seem to be a weapon but I can't say with 100% certainty. Basically, like usual, Kotaku talks out of their ass without confirming a damn thing.

And 25 Strikes for the Exotic Bounty takes so damn long. Aaaaaand I keep getting duplicates. 2 Phogoth, 2 Nexus, 2 Devil's Lair back-to-back.

I FINALLY got my first exotic item with a legendary engram from the postmaster. The Cryptarch revealed the Patience and Time sniper rifle and suffice to say I was pretty damn ecstatic. It looks to have the best use in PvP. Those crazy upgrades of having the radar remain active when scoped in and when aiming down the sights for a period of time granting you invisibility are impressive. Leveling up will take some time though, so maybe it might be worth buying a one time use weapon progression speed increase from Xûr for one strange coin. Do those work well, has anyone used them before?

Patience_and_Time.png

Yes, my right side is quite bland and sad, but just like everyone else all I seem to get is legendary titan gear.

Somehow i got lucky today and got the triple play trophy, which you have to get a triple kill on a hunter, warlock, and titan. Its such a luck trophy but glad i got that over with.
You actually don't need to get a triple kill for that trophy. You just have to kill 1 of each class without dying. Doesn't matter how much time passes between kills or anything like that.

You actually don't need to get a triple kill for that trophy. You just have to kill 1 of each class without dying. Doesn't matter how much time passes between kills or anything like that.
Actually, that is false. You have to kill a Titan, Warlock, and a Hunter in quick succession, so that it could be fast enough for the "Triple Play" thing to pop up. Time does play a factor, much like how it is in Halo.

I've probably killed a Warlock, Hunter, and a Titan without dying several times and I never got it until I got a Triple Play with a Supercharge.

Actually, that is false. You have to kill a Titan, Warlock, and a Hunter in quick succession, so that it could be fast enough for the "Triple Play" thing to pop up. Time does play a factor, much like how it is in Halo.

I've probably killed a Warlock, Hunter, and a Titan without dying several times and I never got it until I got a Triple Play with a Supercharge.
Nah, just in 1 life without dying in between.

[attachment=8354:Screenshot_2014-09-20-11-30-47.png]

5 minutes ago disconnected on the PS3 and unable to reconnect. Any body else?

In other news finall ygot a legendary from a purple "Final Boss" sniper rifle off a trash mob in Mars while doing patrols

bread's done
Back