Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Sure man, you are free to join us go through it too. I still want to go through the oracle/templar/gorgon areas with my other 2 characters. So the more people that can help the better. If you just want to grab it and run thats cool too.
Cool, I'll send you a FR. Depending on what time you guys are doing it I may be able to stay and help. I usually play between 8 and 11 EST most nights. Let me know what time is good for you. Thanks!

Did a normal raid and cruised all the way to Atheon.

Bullied the Templar for the 1st time :whistle2:$ and got to see the hidey-hole for the 5th loot chest. That was nice.

Didn't finish it due to time. Our lead thought you could still push Atheon off and didn't realize we would have to do it legit. The random teleports also screwed up his plan of attack, so we'll regroup for another day.

Highlight of the night was getting Praedyth's Revenge... so I now have a sniper's & RL's with each effect: void, arc, solar :D/ .

Just gotta work on leveling them up. BTW, the explosion perk on Praedyth is nice just because you can trigger it each time unlike Ice Breakers combustion (which is random).

See, I don't need a cornucopia of loot drops to be happy... give one good loot drop per raid run and I'm golden (still no armor though).

Anyone feeling like helping my lvl 27 Titan thru his first raid? I'll be around for most of today.
I can try to get you in a group, but can't say for sure. I'm usually the invitee instead of the guy setting up the raid group.

I'm on in the evenings.

But do try destinylfg.com in the mean time. If they're posting, then they want someone to respond and getting into any raid will help when you try the next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a normal raid and cruised all the way to Atheon.

Bullied the Templar for the 1st time :whistle2:$ and got to see the hidey-hole for the 5th loot chest. That was nice.
Just to be clear, the chest wasn't there, right? Assuming by "bullying", you mean pushing him off, I've done that before and the chest didn't appear. I assumed that you had to take his shield down once and exactly once for it to appear.

madcatz1999 said:
Just to be clear, the chest wasn't there, right? Assuming by "bullying", you mean pushing him off, I've done that before and the chest didn't appear. I assumed that you had to take his shield down once and exactly once for it to appear.
Nope. I've pushed him twice (the second time just last night) and gotten the chest both times. As I understand it, he needs to not teleport for it to show up.

It only has mats anyway, so it is no big deal either way.

Nope, I've cheesed him by knocking him off a few times now and the 5th chest has always appeared. The key is not letting him teleport. You don't need to take his shield down at all. Just grenade him from his spawn and use the relic to cleanse.

What io said.

The key is to prevent a teleport. If you never try to lower the shield and just bully him, you'll eventually knock him off.

Yeah and I only got A-mats from the 5th chest. Just nice since I had never done it before.

Turns out the 5th chest has a timer on it, according to some reports.  That might be why we didn't find it after pushing him off.  I was the only one that knew about it, and I wasn't sure exactly where it was, so I took my sweet time dropping down the hole.  By the time I had gotten there, it must've despawned.

Edit: On second thought, I think the chest probably disappeared when someone reached the gorgon maze.  Everyone else was already at the bottom by the time I got to the chest spawn.

So in my 2 nightfall clears I have gotten 9 coins and a useless fusion rifle. In my first clear the worst player got Mida's and in my second the worst player got The Last Word. I'm starting to think I might need to start charging in and dieing over and over again like them to change my luck.

Got Plan C from Nightfall today. My second Exotic reward from the weekly Nightfall =).

Somewhat makes up for the lack of any Raid armor after running the raid 3 times now.

Need help with Raid and Weekly/Hard Strikes and exotic bounties on PS4. Add me blume3, be sure to put CAG in the message so I know it's not a random.

Just when i was starting to feel bored with this game, annoyed how i couldnt get to 30 without relying on others to go through the raid with, i join a raid and get the boots i needed to get to 30 with my warlock. Now im back into the game for now, trying to level this gear up to actually hit 30. I already collected enough spirit bloom and helium i needed to upgrade the gear fully. Now i just have to unlock the last two slots for the boots. I also got the Gjallerhorn and Exotic bounty for the machine gun this week. So far its been a great week, and i still have Xur to look forward to with my 101 strange coins and 80ish motes of light.

I did get one of the Jackolytes to drop when i was farming the "you've awoken the hive" mission. I was getting my headshots and super bounties done and one dropped after killing a yellow bar enemy. So now i have four of those.

Anyone has a checkpoint at the templar that can share? Hehe! Hardlu anyone on my list was online. Pronably busy playing sunset overdrive it something. Helped out a fellowcag do xyor! It was a pain waiting for it to spawn. But when it did, only took a couple pf sniper shots to put down. Man, how i wish i can have the drive to do the crucible section. I still have the bounty in my inventory..lol

Not sure if you'll get this in time, but I'll be on my PS4 at 11 and I'm trying to get through a level 22 weekly to get a couple of strange coins for Xur's Hunter Armor. If you're still looking, or if any CAG is interested, my psn is the same as my name here, kitsunisan. I'm a level 24 hunter, maxed out bladedancer, and trying to boost up my light.
Sorry I'm late. I just checked this tread. I will add you when I get home. I'm 25 now and still need help with weekly and dailies.

So I've been playing heavily with some friends from back home, and apparently last night they had a Raid group going, got all the way to the final fight, but he was having some issues with his network. Apparently "the lead" brought a buddy over to take his place, so the other guy sat there waiting for 15 min, waiting for the buddy to be kicked out and come back to finish what he started. 

Of course the other guy never left, but all my other friends got pissed off and left the raid. I think it was a dick move, what do others think?

On another note, I want to cheese the Templar pretty bad now that some of you have been able to do so, and also find the other chest  =P~  

Apparently you can only hold 5 jackolytes at a time. I had 5 and seen one drop but it would show up with the red X in it like i couldnt pick up anymore. So i used one and picked up the one on the ground. Funny though the one i used, never showed up on my character. I didnt hear the sounds either. But i did see the little countdown on my character screen. So it was working but i couldnt see it. Still not sure what it does. Supposed to scare the hives, but they dont seem to react any differently while active.

Also

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/527863709775839232

Congrats on 30. I have read that the jackolytes can glitch out and not work at times. It's supposed to give you a pumpkin head and make some noises. Some guy was using one when I was playing control last night. It was kind of funny watching him run around.

Apparently you can only hold 5 jackolytes at a time. I had 5 and seen one drop but it would show up with the red X in it like i couldnt pick up anymore. So i used one and picked up the one on the ground. Funny though the one i used, never showed up on my character. I didnt hear the sounds either. But i did see the little countdown on my character screen. So it was working but i couldnt see it. Still not sure what it does. Supposed to scare the hives, but they dont seem to react any differently while active.

Also

If anyone is interested in the raid...

• I dont mind doing the full raid on normal
  • also have a raid checkpoint on hard at oracles.
  • and have a hard checkpoint at atheon.
So im down for doing any of these tonight if anyone is interested.

You should really save up those jackolytes because in the next Raid in the coming DLC they are going to be EXTREMELY useful.
Also, if you wear a jackolyte while under the efffect of the relic cleanse while aiming down the sights of the Mythoclast at the broken vex portal on the second jumping puzzle after not allowing the templar to teleport and after killing all the gorgons and not letting any of the vex plates get taken over and with not having anyone on your team die up to that point, then the 6th raid chest will appear*.

Every conspiracy theory rolled into one.

Seriously, have you guys been following this search for the 6th and 7th chests? It's so funny...and yet somehow rather intriguing at the same time. I've found out about multiple complex and detailed hidden passage and side paths and hidden caves in the raid, that just seem to be there for no reason at all..

Edit: I'm almost starting to believe that there might be something that people haven't found in the raid. At first I thought it was laughable, but with the broken vex portals people have found (just like the one where the once-mythical 5th chest was found), and the reports of changing light colors, and the hidden paths people have found...it's starting to seem like there might be something more. I'm not fully convinced, but I think the possibility is there.

*No it won't.

I'll send you a PSN request. I'm intrigued to try out this "raid" that all the kids are talking about.

My week just got even better, God of War shader! :D

Also got 2 unfriendly giant legendary rocket launchers today, and fully maxed out my Hawkmoon hand cannon.

Sigh... there's a troll living in my copy of Destiny.

Did a fresh raid run on my 2nd titan, mostly the same group from the other night. Cruise once again but get hung up on Atheon. Eventually everyone gets it together and we finish.

What's my loot haul from everything: shards, mats, Chatterwhite (and I'm wearing chatterwhite at the time)... trololo-lo-LO !!! :bomb:

Then I stick with a couple of guys to do the Daily, Weekly & Nightfall. This is when my night turned into Purple Rain

After all three were done, I ended up with 8 purple drops (orbs and engrams) during the hour. Might have been more, but honestly lost track from the absurdity of it all:

-Crypt Dweller SR1... ha-ha-ha-ha-haaa

-engram for Hunter boots... trololo

-engrams for motes of light... trololo

-engram for coins... trololo

-orb for LIGHT/Beware fusion with ARC... meh

-engram for Epitaph sniper with Solar... ha-ha-ha-ha-HA!

-engram for Titan chest... (had just finished maxing out Armamentarium :roll: so) trololo-lo-LO !!!

Sheesh! Where was RNGeezy when I was running the raid :-({|=

Oh, forgot to mention, I've now got a full Legendary+Exotic kit for a Hunter... which I haven't even created...Trololo-lolo-lololo-lololo, ha-ha-ha-haHA

On another note, I want to cheese the Templar pretty bad now that some of you have been able to do so, and also find the other chest =P~
Never did it until the Atheon patch. Now I want to do it everytime just because :lol: .

My raid luck probably has something to do with it...

Also

Congrats... and a little jelly.

So you gonna stop playing now. Seems like everyone just disappears once they hit 30... kinda like Logan's Run ;)

So you gonna stop playing now. Seems like everyone just disappears once they hit it 30... kinda like Logan's Run ;)
There just isnt much to do once you hit 30. I still play but my Warlock hit 30 a few weeks back and I really don't feel as motivated to play. I have a ton of saved Ascendant Material, I have all the weapons I need, my armor is all maxed....

Only thing I even care about at this point is maybe getting the Raid Handcannon and Fusion Rifle from the Hard Templar battle.

I started a Hunter and play with that more now but it just doesnt feel as good because I love my Warlock and as much as I love my Hunter for PvP I really am not a huge fan of it for PvE, the Raid especially.

I will be on again tonight and am still interested in Hard raid. Shoot me a message if I am needed!

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12197236" timestamp="1414693605"]If anyone is interested in the raid...
So im down for doing any of these tonight if anyone is interested.[/quote]

If you guys playing around 9pst, can i join?

Add me to the list of people that would be down to do any of those.

If you guys playing around 9pst, can i join?
I think thats the biggest problem, you usually play later than we do. So by the time you get online we are done with the raid and ready to go to bed.

So you gonna stop playing now. Seems like everyone just disappears once they hit 30... kinda like Logan's Run ;)
Yeah probably going to play with my titan and hunter more now. No reason to play the raid with my warlock, already got the raid helm. My hunter needs everything and my titan only needs boots to get to 30, but would like a titan raid chest so i can wear my exotic helm and still hit 30.

If anyone is on the fence about the DLC (I'm guessing a lot of people here got the Ghost edition and already bought in), I ebay'd an expansion pass for $31. Saw a handful of others floating around, not sure where people are getting them to sell but it was 100% legit and redeemed just fine. I gameshare'd the digital copy of Destiny to begin with on an account I share with my best friend, so splitting the pass makes it $15 each, or $7 per DLC release. Everyone complaining about the $20 price point is doing it wrong!

Think I'm pretty much done with this for a while. Only thing I even care to do now is the Raid and my usual group can't even send me a message or wait for me to hop on to join knowing it's all I want do. :/ It's damn near impossible to get a group of people coordinated so finding another group just isn't worth it to me. Guess I can finally dive into Borderlands: TPS like I've been wanting to do.

I always need help with strikes I've got a 28 Titan and a mic. Add me kube00 although it looks like I'll be playing more Borderlands pre-sequel

Looking back at old Destiny posts. 

On September 15, I was Lvl 25 with shitty gear.

As of October 30th, I am Lvl 29 with a ton of Legendary/Exotic Gear. 

A lot has changed but there is one thing that stands out. I only went up 4 "lvls". Goddam RNGesus. :lol:

Xur's Here !!!  Downstairs again, left-side just before the crucible 1/4master

Repeats on the armor

Titans-Armamentarium

Warlocks-Voidfang Vestments

Hunters-Lucky Raspberry

Special Weapon-Patience & Time with ARC damage (another kick-ass sniper)

[quote name="aFrostyONE" post="12198929" timestamp="1414747081"]Xur's Here !!! Downstairs again, left-side just before the crucible 1/4master
Repeats on the armor

Titans-Armamentarium
Hunters-Lucky Raspberry

Special Weapon-Patience & Time with ARC damage (another kick-ass sniper)[/quote]

Finally getting a raspberry and patience in time. Woohoo.

Hi guys I would like someone to join and go in the raid and also I'm in if you want to do the weekly/daily strikes for the strange coins... I'm 27 titan 

PSN: mayancondor

Xur was a letdown for me, already had all those items. So i bought a exotic engram and got the titan LCD helmet which i didnt have already so that was cool. But i still have 102 strange coins and nothing to buy. LOL

I guess if you are wearing the pumpkin head, xur will sell you something that changes your dead orb that lasts for 24 hours. Wonder if it will be something different tomorrow.

Xur's Here !!! Downstairs again, left-side just before the crucible 1/4master

Repeats on the armor

Titans-Armamentarium

Hunters-Lucky Raspberry

Special Weapon-Patience & Time with ARC damage (another kick-ass sniper)
Armamentarium again? Seriously wth, I was hoping for the Lupi chest piece at least :drool:

Yeah Xur is pretty disappointing this week. I already have everything except for Lucky Raspberry which I don't really need. I'll probably buy it and some telemetries just to use some coins though.

Xur is disappointing this week, but let's face it... he's there for newer/low-level players.  More of a tease, meant to keep you playing.  That one exotic armor can make the world of difference in your ability to tackle the Daily/Weekly missions and Vanguard Strikes.

Anyway, chanced the exotic engram and got a Warlock Helm. So I'm 1 for 4 on getting stuff for my titans... yeah :???:

Did grab Patience & Time since it's stability stats are waaay better than my Epitaph (just gonna move Epitaph over to my other titan).  It's perks are cool, but they seem geared more for PvP than PvE.  

And still debating grabbing a 3rd Armamentarium... depends on whether I really want to start a 3rd toon.  I barely keep up with my 2 as it is.  

On a side note... NotoriousR.N.G. is trying to get on my good side.  Gave me a bunch more purples last night which became:

-Shadow Price

-Epitaph with ARC (already had a maxed one I bought & got another drop with Solar)

-Hunter chest (enough already, I get the hint)

-and a few shards & motes

I also finished maxing out Suros Regime, after an epic Relic Iron farming run, and switched over to Shadow Price.  Big difference in feel, but for some reason I didn't think that was the case.  Gonna hafta remember to compare the specs again.

Ooh and solo'd Nightfall using a hidey-hole that's down-left from the entrance.  Nearly puts you at eye level with the boss and he still can't hurt you, if you're not stupid about it anyway ;) .  Only tough part was picking off the minotaurs from there, but eventually took out enough to get the boss to spawn.  Might have been the easiest NF I done yet.

Anyone know or can find a list of VoG checkpoints?  Positing a list here, but probably isn't accurate.  Anyone can help me out with ones that they know are wrong, or ones I've left out?

- After opening the front door?

- After getting to templar area, but before conflux defense? (assuming only one of these first two) (Edit: this one is the same as the first one, from reports.  After the spire forms, if you go to orbit, and come back, you'll be at the the start of the templar area)

- After conflux defenses, before oracles

- After oracles, before gorgon maze?

- After gorgon maze, before jumping puzzle?

- After the final door opens, before gatekeeper?

- After gatekeeper, before atheon

Dat heavy ammo synthesis, yo. Also, purdy sparrow flames.
Cant use those purdy sparrow flames on my legendary sparrow! :D

what's the consensus on Xur's Sniper Rifle this week? Should I hold out for Icebreaker? or something better?
That was my favorite sniper until i got the ice breaker. It is still a very awesome sniper. Especially in PVP because when you aim down the sites it turns you invisible for around 10 seconds. Plus you can still see the radar when aiming down the sites once upgraded enough. So if you dont have the ice breaker i would say buy this gun because it is really nice.

bread's done
Back