Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

[quote name="jgu" post="12228766" timestamp="1415673708"]have 1 spot open from hard oracle checkpoint, first come first serve.[/quote]

Gahh! Missed out again. Anyone, if anyone eants to tackle gatekeepers normal later after your raid, i have checkpoint

Hopefully thats true coz im still waiting for the last word to drop on me. The only exotic i got from a drop or a chest ate ice breaker, red death and monte carlo, all my other nonbounty exotics came from xur (suros, truth).
I was uhh, being sarcastic haha. Sorry.

Found a last minute Atheon group on my lock and got a second Vex. I also carried over the hard oracles checkpoint, so if you want it and see me on tomorrow just send me a message.

Found a last minute Atheon group on my lock and got a second Vex. I also carried over the hard oracles checkpoint, so if you want it and see me on tomorrow just send me a message.
Ha, I remember seeing you online at 4 AM EST. I was doing the same. Not sure how many more weeks I want to keep waking up at 4 AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="jgu" post="12230240" timestamp="1415719716"]Ha, I remember seeing you online at 4 AM EST. I was doing the same. Not sure how many more weeks I want to keep waking up at 4 AM.[/quote]

Thanks for oracles checkpoint last night. Hehe! Now to find people to help me beat atheon on normal..

I got a atheon checkpoint from someone at destinylfg last night after the reset. Couldnt get the needed number of people so just passed on finishing it. Guy was really nice enough to share the checkpoint with me.

Anyway, if anyone wants the checkpoint and wants to share it to their other alternates we can do all that tonight probably 9-930 pm pst Also i would really appreciate it if you guys can help me with finishing that part too since my 2 lvl 28 alternates hasnt finish normal yet so i cant really access my hard checkpoint til then.

Oh btw, i think the problem with my mic was the headset itself. I used my playstation camera as a mic last night and it was ok.

Add me up if ur not in my ps4 list yet: craizieboi888

OK, so I checked and my HARD cp is at the Oracles. So hit me up tonight if you want some of that cheddar. PS3 version.

Need 28/29's and hopefully you have Ice Breakers to make it go quick ;) . Just interested in doing the Oracles, Templar and Gorgon chests. Don't make me go to Destiny LFG... I'll do it you know :twisted:

Yeah, I was going to buy it just to have it, so no real loss.

I know what you mean... Armamentarium is a beast. I was grinding mats and bounties while on patrol (for my raid gear) and instantly miss having all those perks, especially the 2nd 'nade.

That's why I gotta keep trying for the raid helmet (or if I'm lucky, an Iron Banner one).

And my poor Warlock is still sitting at lvl 3 :whistle2:( . Every time I start to work on her I get sidetracked by something or someone :lol:
Sigh I have 2 Raid helmets for the Titan, but no boots. Warlock is @26 going to 27 and Hunter is closing on 16.

[quote name="langdon_alger" post="12230504" timestamp="1415724776"]ummm, you're probably talking 9-930 pm pst, not am, right?[/quote]

Yup PM. Updated my post to be clear

Ha, I remember seeing you online at 4 AM EST. I was doing the same. Not sure how many more weeks I want to keep waking up at 4 AM.
I'm on the west coast, so now that it has moved forward an hour the reset happens right around the time I normally go to sleep anyway. I actually finished Atheon around midnight PST. I only stayed up because a couple of the guys in the group needed clears on their alts and had only brought in their 30s to help their buddy out. They also immediately asked if the cag tag was for this site and started talking about the podcast when I said it was. Decided to help them get as much of the hard raid done as possible since they were good guys and fellow cheapies. We cleared from Oracles all the way to Atheon before the reset. We lost one along the way though and were unable to finish him with 5. We did get Gatekeepers done on our 2nd try with 5 though. That was a pretty intense fight.

[quote name="Syranth" post="12168278" timestamp="1413604746"]I'm gonna run vault normal on ps4 in one hour. Might need two more. Pm me. We haven't cleared the last boss but can do the rest pretty easy.[/quote]

Whats ur psn? Trying to add people who plays derriny on ps4. Thanks

Due to my work schedule I usually only have the opportunity to play from around 10am to 2 pm eastern. Does anyone else sane play around this time?

Anyone try cheesing Atheon off the front of the stage? You know, near the entrance?

We were trying that last night after a few guys dropped off. And we got close... got him standing in mid-air but during one try he teleported back onto solid ground. Which got us wondering if that got a silent fix too.

Sigh I have 2 Raid helmets for the Titan, but no boots. Warlock is @26 going to 27 and Hunter is closing on 16.
You're not the first I've heard of having a hard time getting boots. You'd think the helmet would be the toughest piece to get just because it only drops on Atheon Hard, but NOPE... it's boots :???: .

The night I got mine, another raid member got his and he went crazy over finally getting a pair. I'd trade my boots for one of your helmets (just to keep Armamentarium equipped) if I hadn't had such a BEE-otch of a time getting this gear in the 1st place. :lol:

Anyway, got my raid gear all upgraded except for one last node on the chest. Need 16 helium to finish that off and I'll be 30 using my exotic helmet. Now I'll get to be like the cool kids and ignore everyone and everything :cool: :D

Due to my work schedule I usually only have the opportunity to play from around 10am to 2 pm eastern. Does anyone else sane play around this time?
Tuesdays and Wednesdays I'm home all day, so I'd be available. Also early evenings (6-8 Central) while my wife gets the kids to bed. Just an FYI though - and to anyone on my friends list - if you're doing a daily/weekly/nightfall and have an open slot, I'll probably jump in.

Did the Nightfall on all 3 characters. With fatebringer, patience and time, and my ice breaker for ammo it was a breeze. Got ice breaker, achlyophage, and a legendary fusion rifle I already had. Would be nice to not get dupes for once. Someone from the clan joined my second run and got hawkmoon which made me a little jealous, but also happy that someone from our little crew here got something good. That is assuming they didn't already have it of course.

Did the Nightfall on all 3 characters. With fatebringer, patience and time, and my ice breaker for ammo it was a breeze. Got ice breaker, achlyophage, and a legendary fusion rifle I already had. Would be nice to not get dupes for once. Someone from the clan joined my second run and got hawkmoon which made me a little jealous, but also happy that someone from our little crew here got something good. That is assuming they didn't already have it of course.
I got a worse version of a fusion rifle i already had, sunbreaker gauntlets i already have, and 6 strange coins to add to my already 140 or so pile of strange coins. So yeah not a good week for me in the nightfall. Really hoping i can get some titan raid boots tonight. I will be looking to raid normal tonight, or even hard oracle checkpoint. Wouldnt even mind doing the raid twice tonight with my titan and hunter, my hunter also needs boots to get to 30.

Finished the weekly and nightfall with my warlock yesterday and got the Heart of the Praxic Fire chest piece (lucky me). So one down and 4 more times to go with the Titan and my new level 24 Hunter  :D/

Was soloing nightfall with my hunter then out of nowhere got Melee by a dreg at archon priest section. Rage!!!!
Need to watch out for the few waves of Dregs before the Priest. Same thing happened to me during the weekly heroic strike. If you're soloing, you can hop on the cliff to the left instead of dropping down to the boss arena. You can safely snipe from up top and they can't melee you. You can kill the Archon super quick from that spot too.

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12233628" timestamp="1415806760"]got to hide under the platform at the top. makes it simple.[/quote] that was actually my plan after i finish with the mob.

Need to watch out for the few waves of Dregs before the Priest. Same thing happened to me during the weekly heroic strike. If you're soloing, you can hop on the cliff to the left instead of dropping down to the boss arena. You can safely snipe from up top and they can't melee you. You can kill the Archon super quick from that spot too.
I actually was on the cliff sniping away everything. I just came down since i couldnt see anymore enemies and no spawns was coming out so i thought they might be in the middle s hiding. i came down and walked towards the center area and never noticed one of the dregs was waiting on the same side of the cliff behind a bolder. It was to late to react!!! Gaaah!!

[quote name="jgu" post="12233921" timestamp="1415812831"]Anyone want to do hard raid tonight, starting from gatekeepers or from oracle checkpoint?[/quote]

If you can accomodate a lvl 28 warlock and havent started by 9pst. id like to join. Hehe!

Got a normal raid run in and finished with another Atheon's Epilogue (2nd), Praedyth's Revenge (3rd) and that ever critical Chatterwhite (10th, 15th, idunno).

Then the group wanted to try Hard, so I asked for a quick break to go farm the last bit of helium I needed to hit 30. Intro was simple but stopped at the confluxes and we'll finish it tonight.

Missed out on one of the daily runs though. Started before the cutoff but didn't finish until 10 minutes after 1... that sucked. And I was running thru everything to try and finish before the switch. It was such a blur that I don't even remember what mission it was :lol:

that was actually my plan after i finish with the mob.

I actually was on the cliff sniping away everything. I just came down since i couldnt see anymore enemies and no spawns was coming out so i thought they might be in the middle s hiding. i came down and walked towards the center area and never noticed one of the dregs was waiting on the same side of the cliff behind a bolder. It was to late to react!!! Gaaah!!
Hiding does get annoying. Captains are the worst with that. They already have a shield, you knock it out then they run away like B-yotch to hide behind a corner and if you're not fast enough their shield regens and you gotta do it a again.

Not challenging, just annoying... you hear that Bungie :bomb:

Did the hard raid on my hunter yesterday. We had 5 guys who just needed boots and 1 guy who already had them. We kill gatekeeper and of course the only guy who does not need them gets 2 pairs while the rest of us miss out. I did get a Hezen Vengeance which was nice, but for the most part it was another sad week for my hunter. I also cleared to gatekeeper with my warlock. I got a second Gjallarhorn out of the left gorgon chest. Nothing but shards and energy from drops so far though.

I would be down for gatekeepers on my lock and oracles on my titan. I'm in the same boat as krazy though. I probably won't be on until about 9 pm PST. If it doesn't work out I do have both checkpoints, so we could make a second group for the west coast people if need be.

[quote name="jhill9056" post="12234424" timestamp="1415822244"]Did the hard raid on my hunter yesterday. We had 5 guys who just needed boots and 1 guy who already had them. We kill gatekeeper and of course the only guy who does not need them gets 2 pairs while the rest of us miss out. I did get a Hezen Vengeance which was nice, but for the most part it was another sad week for my hunter. I also cleared to gatekeeper with my warlock. I got a second Gjallarhorn out of the left gorgon chest. Nothing but shards and energy from drops so far though.

I would be down for gatekeepers on my lock and oracles on my titan. I'm in the same boat as krazy though. I probably won't be on until about 9 pm PST. If it doesn't work out I do have both checkpoints, so we could make a second group for the west coast people if need be.[/quote]

Cool! Yup send me an invite later if ever the 1st group never pans out. I have hard oracle checkpoints for all my char too (hunter,titan,lock) thanks to jgu. but only have my hunter that can access it since both titan And lock hasnt finish normal one yet. Need to add more friends in my list from the
westcoast. By 10-11pm it already dried up. Hehe! If you want to try help me with unlocking hard mode, i also have normal atheon checkpoint for all 3 char. Hehe!

Anyone want to do hard raid tonight, starting from gatekeepers or from oracle checkpoint?
Yeah im down for the oracle checkpoint, want to see if i can get boots for my hunter. I could probably do the hard raid checkpoint too with my 29 hunter.

Haha I think that was me. I was playing my Titan. I was shocked to get it. I usually just hope for at least coins instead of materials :p

I did the regular raid again the other day and got a legendary shotgun and atheon gave me the shader...again.

I'd be up for trying hard with my 29 Hunter... No hope for my Titan yet. I wouldnt even put him in the regular raid at 27 unless people were desperate for help. Usually when I get into a group with randoms there are 26 and 27 and they just die constantly and we wipe like crazy. 

My last run on regular was all 29 and we finished pretty fast and the longest part was probably the jumping section LOL

I'm always down for people joining me while I'm doing stuff. I wish people would close thier fireteam when they dont want people playing. Nothing as sad as joining someone on your friends list only to be kicked.

If anyone is into crucible and wants to show me the ropes I'd appreciate it. I have 3 exotic bounties clogging slots that require PVP stuff and I was hoping Iron Banner would come back so I could maybe earn some higher level armor at the same time. Hopefully thats soon because I know lots of people will be playing then and I wont have to roll solo in there.

[quote name="blucadet3" post="12235012" timestamp="1415833790"]Usually when I get into a group with randoms there are 26 and 27 and they just die constantly and we wipe like crazy.[/quote]

Do you use destinylfg.com? Do you post your guardian or you ask people that post for an invite? I only did it once and unfortunately we didnt get to finish the raid thats why i have that atheon checkpoint in my char. Really hoping some of you Cags can help tackle the normal with me or ill kust do the LFG website again and see how thatll go. Hehe

Did you guys end up doing oracles? Saw most of you on when I logged in and was going to see if anyone still needed it, but my usual crew grabbed me for gatekeeper and atheon before I got the chance. Ended up getting Corrective Measure, Praedyth's Timepiece, and a helmet. My luck on my lock has been pretty great so far. I didn't have either weapon and armor wise I am now only missing boots after only 2 weeks of raiding.

Couldn't find a 6th so only did Oracle and Templar on hard, then beat Atheon on normal.  I really want to beat Gatekeeper and Atheon on hard with one of my characters this week.  

I just want some damn boots! Seems like ive gone through the raid over and over with my titan and hunter and cant get any boots. Its the last thing i need to get to 30 with both of them. Maybe this game knows that if i get the boots and have all three characters at level 30 i will stop playing it.

Yeah the last raid we did everyone was talking about just needing boots. 2 Guys got boots and were so happy. 

I got boots my first Raid, but have gotten no other armor since.

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12236596" timestamp="1415895979"]I just want some damn boots! Seems like ive gone through the raid over and over with my titan and hunter and cant get any boots. Its the last thing i need to get to 30 with both of them. Maybe this game knows that if i get the boots and have all three characters at level 30 i will stop playing it.[/quote]

Thanks for the invite last night. Sorry about not getting your boots. My hunter actually got boots last night from the templar part of that run. Finally a raid gear for me. I also got VOC on the atheon run which was nice. Sonething to max out again.

After that run with guys and finishing a nightfall and daily with jimmy, i decided to try destinylfg. Got to join someone doing atheon. Used my lock that time and only got the shader and shards. Since the group seemed really good i suggested to do the oracle run on hard with them with my checkpoint. Took a couple of tries since 2 of them didnt have ice breakers but got to finish it. Templar was an easy cheese since 4 of us were locks. Didnt get any raid gear for the lock only mats.

I still have my titan to run a normal raid. He also has a normal atheon and hard oracles checkpoint. Will be tryng to get the atheon part done tonight and hopefully max out VOC with the bounties.

Do you use destinylfg.com? Do you post your guardian or you ask people that post for an invite? I only did it once and unfortunately we didnt get to finish the raid thats why i have that atheon checkpoint in my char. Really hoping some of you Cags can help tackle the normal with me or ill kust do the LFG website again and see how thatll go. Hehe
No, usually just people invite me from my friends list or its randoms from the tower...

I need to register on that site. I have a normal raid group of friends but some of them are terrible and just drag us down. Maybe I need to start hanging out at the tower for random invites.

Syranth said:
I need to register on that site. I have a normal raid group of friends but some of them are terrible and just drag us down. Maybe I need to start hanging out at the tower for random invites.
Heh...

Once you hit 30 you have to fend off the random invites with a club (especially on Tues/Weds).

I had actually gotten 3 hard runs done on all 3 of my chars with a really good group right after the reset (Tues 1-5 am or so to do all 3). I felt bad turning people down on Tuesday evening, but it would be kind of pointless. I still plan to help our CAG group (on Xbox One) with the normal Raid even though I only have a chest or two to get out of it. I had originally gotten into this group because I was in the Tower with my level 30 Titan and they needed a fill-in for a regular. Then they invited me again this week. A lot of groups are losing their regulars as people tire of the game so it is a good time to be a fill-in.

As for the boots, thing, I dunno - it is random like everything else. I got everything (helm included) on my Titan. But for my Warlock I've gotten multiple boots and gloves, but no cuirass or helm. On my Hunter I am missing boots and the cuirass, but I did get the Helm this week. I actually want to use an exotic helm so while it was nice to get the hard mode helm, I'd have preferred to get the other 2 pieces.

I also finally pulled a Vex Mythoclast this week. Now I just need that pulse rifle and I have pretty much everything from the Raid besides those armor items.

Speaking of D-lfg, looks like I'm gonna be going back to them this week.

A couple different raid groups may have done all their runs for the week. I'll know better tonight.

But did finish off the weekly's and NF's last night, so I'm well stocked on coins for Xur's date night.

Like io said, people are losing their regular raiders so I wouldn't be surprised if it starts to get tough to find groups again... until things settle into place again.

Bungie should just let us hold up signs in the Tower.

I can see it now...

-lvl 30 for hire

-will Raid for coins/motes

-lost group, need to raid, please help

Or maybe set up a Guardian Corral where everyone can stand. Then other players can come and look for another player. You know, check our haunches, look at our teeth... oogle us ;)

they just need to let us set up a quick sig file or something like that to attach to our characters for others to see while we're in the tower. They could even preload it with options: "lfg" "raid" "normal" "hard" "nightfall" "weekly" "daily heroic", etc. I'd use it, that's for sure.

Re: Xur

I haven't bought anything from Xur in over two weeks because I've already had what he's been selling sadly. I'm not terribly picky, but I'm kind of hoping he's selling either the Gjallarhorn or Red Death this weekend. One can only hope.

[quote name="Motiv" post="12238394" timestamp="1415935009"]Re: Xur

I haven't bought anything from Xur in over two weeks because I've already had what he's been selling sadly. I'm not terribly picky, but I'm kind of hoping he's selling either the Gjallarhorn or Red Death this weekend. One can only hope.[/quote]

I second on the gjallarhorn. Or the last word. I miss using handcannons. Im now just using It for precision kill bounty. Hehe! Been using auto rifles the last week or so. But ill probably be switching to VOC once i max it. Hehe! Its good for pve right?

Vision of Confluence is awesome for PvE. That is my go to weapon. It is great for precision kills at distance too.

bread's done
Back