Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

ArJay2k8 said:
Ummm...what? A legendary weapon is the best thing you can get after an exotic. I'd much rather get a legendary gun that could possibly be of good use (I've got my Vanquisher III, my scout rifle with firefly, a really good void fusion rifle, among others from the nightfall.) than materials that I already have over 300 of. Might as well give me 10 spinmetal while you're at it. Coins at least can be put to use if Xur decides to sell heavy ammo synths but is still a pretty crappy reward considering 9 coins is the reward for the much easier weekly.. And what about engrams? You're adding RNG to the already RNG'ness of the nightfall. Now I have to chance my luck with the cryptarch? Every single time I've gotten an engram from the nightfall it's turned in to either shards or energy. But I have no reason to complain? Get out of here with that nonsense man.
My 6 or 8 (I forgot exactly how many since I've broken down most of them) legendary shotguns from the Nightfall disagree with this post ;). I've got like 20 shotguns kills throughout my 650+ hours of game time. Yet the RNG loves giving them to me.

Sure, I've gotten one or two decent weapons from it, but I have Crota weapons and/or exotics that outclass 95% of what you can get from a legendary drop. Thus, they are useless (= 2 ascendant energy) for the most part. I think the only decent thing I got was a RL with tracking which is nice to have since I can't seem to get Hunger of Crota as an alternate to G-Horn (when I want to use Icebreaker or another exotic).

Sorry but that "nonsense" is what I feel - a profound sense of inevitability (before) and disappointment (after) when that purple gun shows up on my rewards screen. Because that's all it has been for like 19 of my last 20 Nightfalls. OK, so maybe 9 ascendant energy is not as good since at least there's a tiny chance the gun is a good one, but I'd much rather have strange coins at least. Those can turn into an exotic or a stockpile of heavy weapon synths. I would take that EVERY time over a legendary weapon. Yes, it sucks that it is the same as you can get from the easier weekly. But since my Weekly rewards have been better than the Nightfall for several weeks now, I'd take it.

I don't think I've ever gotten an engram as a reward from the Nightfall - that is odd. Sure, I pick up plenty during the Nightfall, even occasionally some purple ones. But not as the main reward. They should at least add some of those new legendary ships in the loot table. I wouldn't mind getting one of those - IMO they are the most "unique" and hard-to-get things in the game besides a few of the faction shaders. It took me 20 or 30 Roc strikes to get just one unique ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't arguing with logic that getting a purple can be disappointing, I was arguing with the logic that, according to you, everything else is ok to get and if you get shards you have no right to complain. That is nonsense, I'm sorry.

I don't even care most of the time as long as I'm having fun...and I still am. If I get something cool then its a bonus. I find myself just hopping into games when I get an invite now even when I've already done nightfall or a raid to help people out. Even when I'm not getting anything I still enjoy shooting shit with all the cool guns I already have. I still cant believe the game just came out in September...

Well, sure, the main reason I do the Nightfall is the exp bonus for the week so I can level up new gear/weapons and those factions faster. The rewards are just a bonus - it is just that it has been ridiculous lately for me ;).

I've been tempted to skip it since I never get anything good but them I am compelled to do it because I feel like if I didn't that would be the one good drop I'd miss... Plus this week it is pretty easy anyway.

I haven't played this game yet, always have a second thought on this one! but while reading some clips on wiki got a urge to give it a try :)
Destiny is a first-person shooter video game developed by Bungie and published by Activision. Released on September 9, 2014, Destiny marked Bungie's first new franchise since the Halo series.

So now if you die once at the crota checkpoint you get booted? If you kick me from the party and then the team without saying anything you are an asshole. People have no manners. That assclown owes me a couple heavy ammo synth and I hope crota breaks his sword off in his ass.

First time done hard Gatekeper w ppl from reddit just few hours before reset, took us nearly 40 mins to complete the raid compared to lfg where we were at Gorgon maze all just quit??? Also I encountered another glitch at Templar part, we took his HP down and just needed one more shot, for some reason Mark of Negation started and I though we were about to die, nope, I clearly saw relic holder jumped of the cliff??? and Templar shield was still on but few seconds later shards and energy popped up and I was like under effect of weight of darkness, couldn't run nor move normally.
Another glitch at Heroic, we killed the Archon priest but his mobs didn't despawn and what even better he respawned !?!

bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif
This is my reaction after a nightfall when i hope to get an exotic i need and i end up getting energy instead.

Only did one CE normal before i had to retire for tonight. Got shards which i really needed and finally got a chest piece for my titan. Got another gauntlets at the 1st part. Damn! Really wish it was the boots instead. Oh well. Hopefully i can do my hunter tom and then lock on thurs.

Still pissed about being booted by someone after I was invited and had wasted synth while the sword bearer wiped us on the first sword 4 times in a row. I want that dudes PSN so I at least can block his ass. No way to know who it was unless the guy that invited me will call him out. 

So now if you die once at the crota checkpoint you get booted? If you kick me from the party and then the team without saying anything you are an asshole. People have no manners. That assclown owes me a couple heavy ammo synth and I hope crota breaks his sword off in his ass.
This is why I see no point in doing Crota hard. Last gun I really want is the Fang, and then I'm out. Besides most LFGers suck, and think too highly of themselves....freaking @ssholes.

Side note, got with my clan together to do an Xbone vs PS4 run on VoG (normal) and see who comes out faster. PS4 won by 4 mins, and the only thing that added to that time was a bro kept on dying at the jumping part.

Still pissed about being booted by someone after I was invited and had wasted synth while the sword bearer wiped us on the first sword 4 times in a row. I want that dudes PSN so I at least can block his ass. No way to know who it was unless the guy that invited me will call him out.
You can always try to view your last 5 games in the destiny app to see the team members you had.

I'm over it, he wasnt the guy that invited me so I probably wont run into him again. I still need to do everything if someone is up for nightfall or weeklies tonight hit me up. If no one is up for it I'm going to try and finish up some bounties to get eris to 4 so I can swap mats and get to 32 so people will respect mah athoritahhhhhh.

I'm over it, he wasnt the guy that invited me so I probably wont run into him again. I still need to do everything if someone is up for nightfall or weeklies tonight hit me up. If no one is up for it I'm going to try and finish up some bounties to get eris to 4 so I can swap mats and get to 32 so people will respect mah athoritahhhhhh.
Haven't played this week do to Club nintendo madness, still need to do everything for Destiny. I'll be on after 6:30 pm eastern.

Nix was already gone when I got on. I did some bounties to get Eris up to 4 and then did the regular crota starting at the bridge for some reason...the group I got in on lfg was so chaotic but we got through the rest of the raid. Down to needing only a few more shards for 32 on my hunter. Later on I got invited to do Crota on hard and things went bonkers.

Every glitch and lag you can imagine I have now experienced. Here are some of the highlights from trying over and over until about 2am. I honestly knew we probably wouldnt be able to do it but I just wanted to see what would happen next.

Stand on the crystal, glowy fog goes away and music starts. Glass stays up for way way way to long. Once it goes down knights start jumping all over the screen and health is going up and down. Everyone is seeing something different on the mic.

Knights jump through the glass before its down and scare the shit out of dance party.

Get outside and all the enemies like thrawls are standing perfectly still so you can just walk up and stab them, swordbearer comes out and is downed. No one can pick up the sword. Its become excalibur and we are not worthy.

Take down swordbearer and then a late grenade makes the sword vanish.

Swordbearer runs left and hides in the ogre spawn room before he is even shot at.

Crota wont kneel. Health bar drained twice by at least 8-10 rockets and he just shrugs and kills sword runner.

Crota is kneeled and still somehow swipes and kills sword runner.

Crota kneels for less than a second stands up kills sword runner and moonwalks on his corpse.

Crota stays standing with shield down but stays still and sword does damage as normal.

Those are just some of the hilarious puzzing things that happend. During all of this we were going back to orbit and joining on different people to try and reset things. At one point everyone even got offline reset routers and restarted ps4s. The hilarity continued until I had to just call it a night as was out of glimmer, ammo synth, and had to get up in a few hours, they found another dude willing to keep going. People are serious about killing Crota even when Crota is just messing with you.

I should point out this is the group that downed Crota on hard with me the first time I did it and it took 10 mins. I think its some kind of Destiny Karma come to collect on all that time I didnt waste the first hard kill...

Yeah tried to even get 2 crota runs started on Hard with lfgers, couldn't even get out of the abyss. People asking to cheese it rather than do it, failing at cheesing then starting to yell, left and just started playing GTA.

All my friends are either done with the Raid for the week or are just playing other games. I think at this point getting at least 1 CE hard mode might be hard, but I still have until Monday. All I want is that freaking Fang, then just normal runs for me 

Yeah I think thats all I need as well and the crux...dont really care about the ship. Scout rifles are pretty rad though...

Oh I know it was bad connections. We would all be green and soon as it would start for real it was lag city. Every couple runs it would smooth out and then something stupid would happen like the sword dissapears on the last swing that would have killed him. So we all die from oversoul with one sliver of life on Crota and his shield still down.

I'm pretty determined though. I know monday nights I get lots of invites from people trying to finish before reset so if nothing else I'll have more opportunities then if not before. 

Still didnt do any weekly strike stuff so like I said before hit me up if you want to do that stuff. Unless I'm raiding I'm always available to help people out. I think I did nightfall 3 times last week on one of my characters.

I need to farm that glimmer anyway after last night...

Yeah the only thing I can get from the raid is the Crux and the hunter chest piece and I can give a shitless about the Crux. I'm at the point now where I'm really just tired of Destiny and I have plenty of other games to play so it's gonna be difficult for me to actually want to play unless it's Tuesday. If you see me on and are trying to get a group together feel free to ask though either way.

You should really consider using the heavy trick. I haven't used a single synth on Crota since I started using it. I fire a ton of rockets during the fight and there are still always a couple of heavy drops left in the starting area when I get done. After burning through a crap load of synths the first week of hard mode because of dumb glitches and bugs I decided to start using one for myself. It lets me carry a ton of the load for the rocket team. I fire a couple of rockets at the first and third swordbearer and basically drop them by myself, I fire two every time we need to get Crota to kneel just to make sure, and I have a couple left to fire at ogres as well. It has made a pretty big difference in my success rate with Crota groups, saved me a ton of glimmer/strange coins, and knowing that I didn't have to waste any synths helps ease some of the frustration when the bugs and glitches do cause wipes.

Yeah i started to play Assassins Creed Rogue. I still would like to beat crota on normal twice and hard at least once. Still need hunter/warlock helmets, crux of crota, and one glowhoo shader. So there are things i want to get, but dont really need them honestly.

Tomorrow is friday, so i hope he is selling Arachnid helm or Praxic Fire or both lol.

Yeah i started to play Assassins Creed Rogue. I still would like to beat crota on normal twice and hard at least once. Still need hunter/warlock helmets, crux of crota, and one glowhoo shader. So there are things i want to get, but dont really need them honestly.

Tomorrow is friday, so i hope he is selling Arachnid helm or Praxic Fire or both lol.
Ghorn is all i care about :drool: . Also need to do Crota, so if anyone needs a nth player, count me in

Weekly update came out.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning/en/News/News?aid=12557

Weapon patch coming towards the end of the month.

Auto Rifles

• Reduce base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5% (averaged across Rate of Fire stats, higher RoF took less of a reduction than low RoF)
  • Reduce effective range values so that damage falloff and accuracy are a stronger factor in combat decisions
  • Range reduction is less severe in the higher stat values, so now your range stat is more critical to long distance engagements
Pulse Rifles

• Increase base damage of Pulse Rifles by 9.7%. DPS is now more in line with other primaries
Hand Cannons

• Reduce effective range
  • Damage falloff starts closer to the shooter, and follow up shots are less accurate at long ranges
  • Slight reduction to initial accuracy
  • This is unnoticeable at close to medium range, but underscores the range intentions when used from far away
Pulse Rifles

• Blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone is a little wider
    Close to medium range volleys are largely unaffected, but at a distance the projectiles are less likely to land hits on a single target
  • This reduces the reliability of landing a one hit kill at far range, and makes the weapon better at spreading damage into a group

[*]Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats. This is change primarily affects The Crucible
[*]Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Fusion Rifle ammo in reserve
[*]In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo. We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match
Shotguns

• Increase damage by 2x (100%) against all non-Guardian combatants (aliens)
  • Reduce high end range values - damage falloff starts sooner, so Crucible players with long range shotguns need to be a little closer for successful one hit kills
  • (Like the Fusion Rifle) Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats in the Crucible:
    Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Shotgun ammo in reserve
  • In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo
  • We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match

2nd expansion will be out in Quarter 2 ( Between April - June)

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12558

It does seem like a lot of people have moved on and part of that is probably that the raid this time gives up the loot in a more orderly fashion and also that hard mode is even more based on luck than hard atheon. I have GTA 5 and Dragon Age to play as well. I heard the online for GTA is fun, but you have to unlock it by playing part of the solo game first.

It does seem like a lot of people have moved on and part of that is probably that the raid this time gives up the loot in a more orderly fashion and also that hard mode is even more based on luck than hard atheon. I have GTA 5 and Dragon Age to play as well. I heard the online for GTA is fun, but you have to unlock it by playing part of the solo game first.
I don't think so man, I was on it right away. Install the game and upon loading it will ask you if you want to go online. It should be on the loading screen right next to the percent%. Even if you have to play the campaign, it might just be the first mission.

I recommend doing it, cause the game is freaking awesome. Getting guns and good stuff online does take time since you have to grind, but not on the same level as Destiny, at least on my experience I have what I want. I made 100K yesterday in 1hr playing a couple missions...and it was tons of fun.

Word of advice, spend your time in the character creation for online. You only have 2 times to create it & won't be able to modify it afterwards. I'm happy with mine, but some people do want to change and unfortunately they can't

Shout out to gujimmy for joining on the archon as my insurance during my solo nightfall....got the arachnid helmet and am done on that character finally. Not a bad end after all the b.s. the last couple days.

Joined a group at death singer on my Titan and got shards and the Croat was a total glitchfest again. One of the same dudes from last night...I'm going to blame his internet. Told him sorry but I can't deal with this again.

Xur's here but why bother ... with all that junk.

In other words, I stayed up for this???

At least it matches up perfectly with my Crota fail-whale of a night

BTW, no heavy... yeah that's still happening

Yep, Xur trolled us good. He has Don't Touch Me, though, if anyone failed to pick that up last time.

And my luck on the exotic engrams continues. I got 2 and on the second I got what I wanted (and I think the only one I didn't have): Ruin Wings. So in the last 3-4 weeks I've gotten what I wanted or at least something I didn't already have on like 4 of 6 Xur engrams. That is remarkable.

Had some good Crota runs this week with minimal cheesing by Crota. Managed to barely counter one of Crota's cheeses for a win, which was satisfying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDKA0MeEM-M

We killed the ogres before he moved center and headed up as he was moving center. We killed the swordbearer decently quick and Crota just decided "fuck these rockets, I'm outta here." and moved right earlier than usual. I was close enough to recover from our sword carriers death just barely.

4 of our 6 guys have Necrochasm now. As soon as the last two get it, we're going back to normal until everybody gets their remaining weapons and we're done until the next expansion.

Shout out to gujimmy for joining on the archon as my insurance during my solo nightfall....got the arachnid helmet and am done on that character finally. Not a bad end after all the b.s. the last couple days.

Joined a group at death singer on my Titan and got shards and the Croat was a total glitchfest again. One of the same dudes from last night...I'm going to blame his internet. Told him sorry but I can't deal with this again.
Hey man sorry for not joining you last night, got your invite, but I was already heading out for the night.

4 of our 6 guys have Necrochasm now. As soon as the last two get it, we're going back to normal until everybody gets their remaining weapons and we're done until the next expansion.
I hope one of our guys gets it, cause no one has it. All I want is the Fang, and then I might take a break. Just do NF/Weekly & go back to other things

Yeah xur trolling again. I dont understand why he keeps selling DLC items but wont sell the arachnid helmet ever? Also Praxic fire is still out of stock apparently. The worst is he isnt even selling heavy synths so i wont have any for tonights crota run. Then he has to sell arm engrams for the second week in a row?

The plus side is there are a few items he is selling that have better stats than the ones i have. But is it really worth it to buy a new one, and have to level it up again just for +15 strength?

I used to defend Xur but yeah he is being a chode lately. The least they could do is sell ammo synth when they know heavy ammo is broken. I'll probably shard my old plan b, buy the new one, and try and get the glimmer to upgrade my multitool before he leaves. Ive spent way too much glimmer this week on synth from the gunsmith...

I like hardlight and suros and monte carlo, but they are all getting nerfed. Monte Carlo makes it so you can use throwing knifes on your hunter like every couple of kills. Combined with the perk for the knife recharging with a precision kill it makes it so I can do that bounty in a couple of minutes and its really fun to headshot scrubs with a knife....you do end up having to switch out a lot cause I always need icebreaker eventually for higher level mobs or bosses I dont want to get close to. I'm also pretty bummed about them nerfing the hand cannons because I often use those as my main gun and just headshot all day long in pve. Hawkmoon is so fun to use and I almost have my iron banner one maxxed out...hopefully they wont feel lame after the patch. My play style is hang back and stay alive so range is important to me. I dont want to always be sniping. 

I use shotguns next to never so that has zero effect on me. Maybe I'll give 4th horseman another try in pve after the buff but I didnt like it initially.

The plus side is there are a few items he is selling that have better stats than the ones i have. But is it really worth it to buy a new one, and have to level it up again just for +15 strength?
Yeah it's probably not worth getting the extra +15 but if you do decide to buy it, you can just equip the item when turning in bounties to level it up.

This might be one of those "a bit late to the party" questions, but is there a PS3 clan for CAG?

*Edit*

I've been trying to find a reliable/regular group to raid with, since the other ppl I usually game with aren't as invested addicted as I am.

I've gotten a few VoG runs under my belt thanks to destinylfg.com, I'm just looking for some more folks from here playing on PS3 to hopefully round out/help fill some slots for (less random) raiding. As well, I've managed to do some solo Crota's End cheesing for the Abyss/Bridge (stuck on Ir Yut...but I'm close!), I kick ass in the Crucible, and I'm no stranger to soloing the Weekly on Very Hard.

Have: 31 Titan/30 Warlock/29 Hunter w/ full 331 weapon loadout (inc. Icebreaker, Suros, Vex, Thorn etc) and I have a mic.

If any of the above sounds like it would be useful for your group, send me a friend request on PS3 (same name as here), and please include that you're from CAG. I'm available most evenings/nights West Coast time, but I'm up late so if there's a red-eye group that's raiding I'm also down for that.

*Edit

I think there are a few ps3 folks or frosty might swing both ways :)

Got a void legendary sniper from nightfall. Its from Dead Orbit and seems pretty cool. It tore shit up when I soloed the weekly. 

I have the LDR sniper with armor piercing rounds. I took it into PvP and was owning. Love being able to shoot people through walls. One time i even got a headshot through an object while a dude thought he was protected while capping a flag, lols.

I managed to get my hunter crota helmet last night. One of the guys in our group got the Crux. Hopefully i can get it sooner than later.

But havent really been playing destiny much since i started AC Rogue, just stopped to do some crota. Ill be back tuesday for the normal routine. But there really isnt much to get left from the crota raid. Warlock Helm, Crux, and then just more energy and shards.

I think there are a few ps3 folks or frosty might swing both ways :)

Got a void legendary sniper from nightfall. Its from Dead Orbit and seems pretty cool. It tore shit up when I soloed the weekly.
Thanks for the suggestion, and of course thank you Frosty (and anyone else who happens to have been in that group).

Felt great to finally nuke that damn Deathsinger, especially skipping right to Hard...though now I just need to get a Crota kill on normal.

Ended up doing lfg to get a full run in and of course they all wanted to switch characters to do Crota again. I swear I need that 3rd character leveled. I think I did crota at least 4 times this week (I think 3 on hard 1 on normal)...its harder to find a group for lamps and bridge LOL

Saw one crux drop out of all those runs. Got a second pulse rifle and some much needed materials. I still need more materials to level up all these guns and finish my raid armor so I can switch to a different exotic. Alpha Lupe isnt the most useful hunter chest for hard mode but at least it looks cool with my iron banner arms...

Who got the Crux?
Mike did. He then went to over to show it off/sabotage Jimmy's glimmer run. It all ended with a "this gun is trash" statement. I on the other hand got the Fang of Ir Yut and I am pretty happy.

But havent really been playing destiny much since i started AC Rogue, just stopped to do some crota. Ill be back tuesday for the normal routine. But there really isnt much to get left from the crota raid. Warlock Helm, Crux, and then just more energy and shards.
Yeah its getting hard to log in. I did all the Atheon stuff and still need to kill the singer once more just for the chance of the GHorn, but I don't really see the point in trying hard. Maybe the Crux will be worth it, but it seems more like a hassle. The only other raid thing I'm missing is the Song of Ir Yut, so it seems normal might be the way to go for a while...tough who am I kidding, I'll end up doing CE Hard :drool:

bread's done
Back