Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Damn i was doing the moon patrol bounty today and got into two wolfpack events and ended up getting 2 more keys. My hunter now has 5. I think im the luckiest to get keys out of all the guys i play with. Think my titan has 3 and warlock 1 or 2.

Also upgraded one of my Black Hammers with Etheric Light. I have another light and cant decide if i should use it on Vision of confluence or Fatebringer. I think the vision would come in handy in POE. Fatebringer is just too good though, but i rarely use it. I also have an old swarm that i love, but against all odds and jolders hammer might be better to level up since they usually have more impact.

Bought the FWC fusion rifle because it has a really fast charge rate, rerolled it a few times and lucked out with the perk that acquires target better, effective range, and more stability which will drop the ammo to maybe 3 per mag? I dont know cos i havent unlocked it yet. But overall looks like a nice fusion rifle. I dont use them that much but i may try to use this one more.

Oh yeah, Cryptarch finally gave me arctic proxy shader! Hell Yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey anyone getting weapons for Faction rank leveling?  Just did nightfall and used all my commendations afterwards to get the bonuses NF exp and not 1 weapon from like 6 ranks. Trying for a Prudunce II from New Monarchy.

I got an etheric light from my lunch nightfall. Now I have to debate on weather to level some armor or my fatebringer.

Leaning towards gunz and doing the 32 POE to gather armor.

nix I get weapons all the time for faction leveling I got a new FWC fusion rifle shortly after the dlc hit and I've gotten several Dead Orbit weapons already as well. I have another dead orbit package waiting for me...I'm still hoping for revanent...

New monarchy are kind of stingy though...but I cant be mad after that last package gave me a shader and gauntlets.

Did a couple of Nightfalls and 32 PoE's too.  Nothing great for rewards, but did get the chest piece on my Hunter and hit level 34 on it.

So now I'm ready (I think) to tackle 35 PoE ;) .  But first things first, finish my last 32 run and get all three 34's done.  I want that Etheric Light in order to start Ascending some weapons.

Also happened to have a spare armor & weapon core, so took a shot at Judgement's Chance...

got Aegis of the Kell :whistle2:| .

Not exactly thrilled with that, but watchagonnado when RNGeezy comes for you.

Aside from that, got a bit lucky while doing the QW Bounties and got 2 keys from different chests.

At this point, I'm pretty sure my chances of getting anything done this week are about as good as my chances of fucking Anna Kendrick on a humongous pile of my own money, on stage during a Doors concert in space.

At this point, I'm pretty sure my chances of getting anything done this week are about as good as my chances of fucking Anna Kendrick on a humongous pile of my own money, on stage during a Doors concert in space.
Well, if you're friends with Sepp Blatter then that would put you at 99.9 probability.

If not, then... see you next week. ;)

I listened to some really peppy bald man speak on that whole FIFA ordeal for 5 minutes today on PTI, yet I still don't quite know what's going on. Does it center around the Qatar fiasco?

I just finished a 32 PoE and didn't get any etheric light. I got an armor core, motes, strange coin, and a rocket launcher, but no etheric light!

That's how it works. You get an armor core from 32 and a weapon core plus etheric light from 34, right? I am pretty scrambled in the head at this time, but I think that's correct. I did not get etheric light from my single completion on 32 last week.

I could swear I saw etheric light as a reward for 32. I even double checked on another toon to make sure and swear I saw the reward bubble say etheric light too. It must be one of those glitch in the matrix type of deals.

I listened to some really peppy bald man speak on that whole FIFA ordeal for 5 minutes today on PTI, yet I still don't quite know what's going on. Does it center around the Qatar fiasco?
It's stuff that's been going on for a looong time. Qatar World Cup simply pissed off enough of the wrong people to get action going.

I just finished a 32 PoE and didn't get any etheric light. I got an armor core, motes, strange coin, and a rocket launcher, but no etheric light!
Like others said, EL is only guaranteed to drop on 34 and 35 runs, first time thru for each toon.

Armor core is the main goodie for the 32 run.

Opened a loot chest after finishing level 32 PoE and got a Her Mercy hand cannon.....again. That's it. RNGesus is not on my side today.

Taking bets. Who will be the first PS4 CAGer to get the new exotic bounty to drop from the 34 or 35 PoE? (Unless someone here has already gotten it to drop but for whatever reason didn't take the time to brag about it.)

My bets on Jimmy.

Oh man Xerxes-C with focus fire dropped for me today.  So excited I kept 2 hitting everything in crucible until they learned to gang up on me.

I was looking at weapon stats today and noticed how similar The Fear rocket launcher (from the FWC vendor) is to the Hunger of Crota. Of course The Fear can't have both tracking/cluster but it can have Hard Launch, Tripod and Heavy Payload along with your choice of Cluster Bomb/Grenades and Horseshoes/Tracking. Not too bad of an alternate if you have the patience to reforge, especially if you can get one with Arc damage. 

So i updated these guns so far with etheric light, Black Hammer, Vision of Confluence, Felwinters Lie, and Fatebringer. I think i still have one more etheric light left.

I tried those mystery packages from the POE vendor that costs 1 armor core and 1 weapon core. First two times i got gauntlets, which i already had. Third time was a pulse rifle i believe, or scout. I was just trying to get the titan helmet because i think it looks cool and would allow me to wear other exotics besides a helmet. Oh well.

Hey anyone getting weapons for Faction rank leveling? Just did nightfall and used all my commendations afterwards to get the bonuses NF exp and not 1 weapon from like 6 ranks. Trying for a Prudunce II from New Monarchy.
I got a shotgun today from a Dead Orbit package. it had an interesting perk i havent seen before, melee is 25% stronger for a brief time after landing a shot. Which is a pretty useful perk because shotgun then melee is my move!

Got very lucky today. Did VOG hm got the mida multi tool and vex mythocast on the final boss. I really like both of them
I did the gorgon checkpoint and got a last word and patience and time. So two free exotic shards, but was lucky to get two drops out of three chances.

I really really really want to try atheon with multiple hawk helmet wearing hunters and see how long it would take to bring him down.

Hey guys, new Destiny player here (~2 weeks), can anyone tell me if the Legendary armors/weapons that you can buy using marks from Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, etc. ever change in stats (str, dis, int) or perks (reload speed, more ammo, etc)? 

I did some quick Googling but there's a lot of mixed answers, hopefully someone can give me a firm answer, thanks!

Finally got all three of my Guardians to light level 34. Thanks to Trials of Osiris and the weekly reset for the level 34 Prison of Elders mode.

Hey guys, new Destiny player here (~2 weeks), can anyone tell me if the Legendary armors/weapons that you can buy using marks from Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, etc. ever change in stats (str, dis, int) or perks (reload speed, more ammo, etc)?

I did some quick Googling but there's a lot of mixed answers, hopefully someone can give me a firm answer, thanks!
You can't change the stats unless it has the right perks that modify them, but you can reforge (re-roll) the perks it comes with by going to the gunsmith and having motes of light and some glimmer I believe.

Taking bets. Who will be the first PS4 CAGer to get the new exotic bounty to drop from the 34 or 35 PoE? (Unless someone here has already gotten it to drop but for whatever reason didn't take the time to brag about it.)

My bets on Jimmy.
I got the cipher yesterday off Skolas. Another guy on the team got one as well.

aD1xZCy.jpg

Also got the void scout on the second kill last night.

5cldQeo.jpg

Would anyone be willing to do a 34 POE today with me? I'm only lvl 33, but would really like to attempt it. If I win, with the reward I would be 34 with the rest of everyone else. I would be home around 4pm CST and available all evening.

I tried 34 POE with 2 34s and my 33 warlock was basically useless on the boss level. With burns and stuff I did ok and stayed alive for all the rounds. On the boss you do next to no damage. If you have a gjallyx3 maybe its doable with a 33 but this week sucks to be under leveled with the bubble mechanics on the boss. I couldnt kill the special hobgoblin or my bubble or do anything to the boss worth mentioning so after about 12 tries I jumped out so they could get a 34 in and finish the thing.

I did 32 and got the warlock dress so now I have 3x33...Anyone beat 34 this week with 33s? I dont think its possible if everyone doesnt have gjallys...

I tried 34 POE with 2 34s and my 33 warlock was basically useless on the boss level. With burns and stuff I did ok and stayed alive for all the rounds. On the boss you do next to no damage. If you have a gjallyx3 maybe its doable with a 33 but this week sucks to be under leveled with the bubble mechanics on the boss. I couldnt kill the special hobgoblin or my bubble or do anything to the boss worth mentioning so after about 12 tries I jumped out so they could get a 34 in and finish the thing.

I did 32 and got the warlock dress so now I have 3x33...Anyone beat 34 this week with 33s? I dont think its possible if everyone doesnt have gjallys...
I did it with two 33's. If I infer correctly from your post, the level 34 who gets the special hobgoblin kill (no level 33 should kill it) should break everyone's shields not just there own. If you go down, or anyone for that matter, leave them until you get trapped in the bubble and then revive while firing at your bubble. That should revive the downed players with no bubble around them and give the team extra chance not to wipe by having at least one person not worry about the bubble trap. Designate one person (level 34 preferably with a gjally or good rocket and shotgun, found verdict atk 300 or higher works) to land the killing blow on the special hobgoblin and then when the message comes up saying the boss is about to trap everyone group up together behind the grouping of crates on the left side and let the 34 shotgun everyone's way out. The other players should shoot their bubbles too just in case he/she runs out of ammo.

The warlock with self revive is very helpful in the off chance everyone goes down. Rezing as the counter hits 1 and tossing grenades everywhere buys some time for you to revive your team mates.

I was the warlock. I was only trying to help down the hobgoblin not kill it. The main problem was no one could spot the special hobgoblin before we got trapped it seemed like. Does it spawn in the same spot? Usually by the time we saw it, we were bubbled and died. It sucked and I felt useless so it seemed like I should step aside so they could finish. It all happens within a few seconds and its not fun.

They were running to the right side if that matters and were both experienced.

Its just not worth the time to spend hours dying because something is artificially hard instead of just taking skill and coordination it comes down to luck or having the right gun that only drops randomly. That is just wrong and unfun.

Honestly up to the boss I felt weaker than the enemies but it felt fair and by playing smart I stayed alive and got kills (about half what the 34s were each getting). Then on the boss level it was like suddenly I was useless as every enemy was taking almost zero damage and sniped from across the map. So it was either leave cover and look for the hobgoblin and die, or stay in cover and die in a bubble.

I'd be willing to try again with a different character class. Maybe with a titan bubble I'd be more useful or if I was invisible.

I was the warlock. I was only trying to help down the hobgoblin not kill it. The main problem was no one could spot the special hobgoblin before we got trapped it seemed like. Does it spawn in the same spot? Usually by the time we saw it, we were bubbled and died. It sucked and I felt useless so it seemed like I should step aside so they could finish. It all happens within a few seconds and its not fun.
One normally spawns where the boss is, on top of the platform thingy, If you pop his head off the special hobgoblin rushes your team making it easier to locate. Sometimes he is located in the middle-backish area of the map, if a person moves around to the right of the left camp spot, they can easily gun it down/pop his head off. As soon as you kill it, another one spawns and if you are lucky to locate it 2 people on the team can have to buff.

The trouble is time management for when to kill the special hobgoblin so that the buff lasts until the entrapment.

I got 2x exotic PoE bounties on Tuesday from lvl 34 runs. Did it first as 2x 24's w/ gjorn and a 33 w/ Truth, but the runs with 3x gjorn was far easier. Now I need to run some 35's (beat it twice last week) and cash in my keys to continue the exotic bounty.

Its just not worth the time to spend hours dying because something is artificially hard instead of just taking skill and coordination it comes down to luck or having the right gun that only drops randomly. That is just wrong and unfun.
I'm in the same boat and I hate sounding like a broken record, but it's beyond irritated to be "handicapped" for still not having a Gjallarhorn in this game. :wall:

Looking to run the Vault of Glass raid on Hard tonight between 8-9pm EST (depending on when everyone can get on). I'm looking for 3 more guardians for a full fireteam. Let me know if you are interested in joining. Along with the exotics, hopefully we can have a few fatebringers and Vex's to drop.

PSN: NJMane

Finally got all three of my Guardians to light level 34. Thanks to Trials of Osiris and the weekly reset for the level 34 Prison of Elders mode.

You can't change the stats unless it has the right perks that modify them, but you can reforge (re-roll) the perks it comes with by going to the gunsmith and having motes of light and some glimmer I believe.
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that the items we can buy from the vendors will always have the same stats (ie. the stats don't get rerolled or refreshed every now and then?).

I got my first Legendary a couple days ago off an engram and it turned out to have the same name as a weapon sold by the Dead Orbit vendor; however, when I compared the two, the stats (stability, reload, etc.) were slightly different (perks are re-rollable like you said).

Time's Vengeance is activated once the Relic comes out of the portal each time and super regenerate almost instantaneously for that short period where Atheon can take more damage.
Why have I never realized that before? Too busy Gjallarhorning the hell out of him, I suppose. Guess during my run tonight I'll be my hunter with my Hawk helmet. If nothing else....it looks like fun.

Had a freakin blast last night.

Did a few more end-game activities and got garbage out of it.  But it didn't really matter...

we got up to a 6-man group (something we haven't done since Iron Banner).  And for whatever reason, everyone was in a really good mood, trash-talkin and stuff.

We eventually go into crucible and just start dominating.  Ya know those games where the other team outscores you by 3-4x's, well we were those guys.  But like I said, no one was taking it seriously, we were mostly just BS'ing with each other.

Of course, some guy on the opposite team decided to mouth off.  He sent messages to 2 teammates pretty much saying they suck and only scored well because of the rest of us. We laugh it off and forget about it.

Next round comes up and that same guy shows up.  He messages more crap.  Well, this time we don't forget and make it a point to always kill this guy... and teabag him.  Oh the teabagging :lol: .

It was 3-4 of us teabagging this one guy every... single... time.  He sure kept his mouth shut after that.

This isn't my style but man that prick deserved it.

I'm ready for that ride as well. I always find 1 person who can hold their own and the other screws it up for the both of us.
I already have a group I'm doing it with when it goes live tomorrow. Then I'm off for the rest of the weekend, but I'll be back at it early Monday morning.

About to start the VoG on Hard. Still have some room available for the first Guardians to message/friend request.

PSN: NJMane

We beat the 35 POE today in only 4 hours this time. We used weapons of light and patience and time, finished him off with heavy. Everyone in our team got the exotic bounty! YEEEEEE! Now i have to decide which of the three weapons i want to get.

The 35 wasnt too bad. I think the rounds leading up to the boss fight were pretty manageable. But when we got to the boss we had to do the whole wait for synths or ammo runs, wait for supers to charge. But it wasnt as bad as waiting for heavy to drop.

We found out that you only get the ship, shader, and emblem once. Even if you use a different character, which kind of sucks. Thought you could get that for each character.

I'll be trying my damnedest to go 9-0 in Trials this weekend, after missing it last weekend due to Memorial Day tomfoolery. Though I know it will be an even shittier uphill battle considering that everyone will have had a week+ to get their characters to 33/34, so it'll be less likely to run into a lowbie team this time around.

bread's done
Back