Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Elder cipher seems to be pretty common after the latest patch. Our group cleared up to Skolas and killed him 3 x's purposely wiping to mines and switching out characters to farm the bounty. I ended up getting two bounties on two different characters. The other guys got one each too. I also saw others posting about getting two bounties for one kill... crazy!

3x Nighfalls and nothing I can remember being worthwhile.

HIt up 1 run thru on PoE 32 and got a key + garbage. 

BTW, the Qodron fight is better but still not worth it.

Then went into Iron Banner.  Got my warlock up to rank 2 (5 bounties and wearing all 3 items-IronWrath... argh) and while my drops were worthless, I did get one good thing...

Matador 64 - Field choke, Shot Package, Small bore & Army of One :D/ Can't wait to give it a go.

That might be as good as it gets for that shotty. And it dropped that way for me.

3x Nighfalls and nothing I can remember being worthwhile.

HIt up 1 run thru on PoE 32 and got a key + garbage.

BTW, the Qodron fight is better but still not worth it.

Then went into Iron Banner. Got my warlock up to rank 2 (5 bounties and wearing all 3 items-IronWrath... argh) and while my drops were worthless, I did get one good thing...

Matador 64 - Field choke, Shot Package, Small bore & Army of One :D/ Can't wait to give it a go.

That might be as good as it gets for that shotty. And it dropped that way for me.
What are the three items? (shader, emlem, ???) Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what the two drops for IB are? I know someone seen a felwinters lie, but just curious if the other one was the sniper.

Did the wolfpack on mothyards twice today and couldnt find the chest either time. -_-

The IB boosts are for using the emblem, shader, and class item. I think they are 10% xp boost per item for a total of 30% on top of the buff you can buy that goes up each day. You can buy them as you progress through the first time. I just swap the 2 shaders and emblems between characters. The class item is the only one you really have to buy more than once for multiple dudes. They used to cost a lot more too...I think I paid like 9k or 7k or something for goldspiral...

Does anyone know what the two drops for IB are? I know someone seen a felwinters lie, but just curious if the other one was the sniper.

Did the wolfpack on mothyards twice today and couldnt find the chest either time. -_-
From what I have seen Felwinters, Radegasts, and Silimars are all dropping. I have seen some people claiming the Spear is dropping after rank 3, but I haven't seen any proof yet.

Man, iron wrath is the easiest bounty for me and I usually finish it my first or second game. I just play super campy and tag people with thorn for easy assists. I hardly ever get the melee kills. After two days, I have 4/10. But 5 bounties a day is enough.

Played a bunch of Iron Banner games, and RNGesus blessed me with the "Felwinter's Lie" shotgun. I rarely use shotguns, but since I've been killed by this a million times in the crucible I'll give it a go.

Played a bunch of Iron Banner games, and RNGesus blessed me with the "Felwinter's Lie" shotgun. I rarely use shotguns, but since I've been killed by this a million times in the crucible I'll give it a go.
Also depends on it's perks. Hopefully you got some good ones

When it comes to crucible this is the current meta for shotguns.

Party Crasher > Matador 64 > Felwinters

Party crasher and matador drop in regular crucible.
I'm seeing more Matadors than Party Crasher. What makes PC better; range, RoF?

I'm seeing more Matadors than Party Crasher. What makes PC better; range, RoF?
They are all essentially the same thing. They all have max range and impact for a shotgun with the right perks. PC fires faster than matador and matador fires faster than Felwinters. So basically ROF is the only difference.

So I think I got a bug. For whatever reason the gunsmith isn't offering me the reforge option for any of my old guns with the exception of my Jolder's. They also no longer have the reforge ready bubble when I inspect them. I wanted to reroll my LDR, but I don't have the option. I went and checked all of my old weapons and for whatever reason only my Jolder's has the option when I take it to the gunsmith, but it's also missing the bubble when I inspect it.

You were never able to reroll old weapons from before the HoW expansion. Only new guns and iron banner weapons can be rerolled. They have a little "II" icon in the upper right if they can be rolled.

My IB weapons are all old. I checked them all and only my Jolder's is giving me the option. Either I am able to reroll something I shouldn't be able to or I am unable to reroll a few something's that I should be able to.

I rerolled my Spear and Felwinter's yesterday.

You need to have the weapon selected as your primary, special or heavy before talking to the Gunsmith. Gunsmith will ONLY show the weapons you have equipped for reroll.

I know that. I checked everyone with them equipped. Only my Jolder's could be reforged and the reforge ready icon is gone on all of them.

The problem seems to have fixed itself. Logged off for a while and when I got back on I could reforge them all again. It's kind of weird since I tried resetting my PS4 when it first happened and nothing chanfed, but everything looks good now.

Glad to hear it was resolved.

Anyone else feeling a tad overwhelmed with all the things there are to do now during the week, especially for those of us with 3 max-level characters?

3x Nightfalls

3x Weekly Strikes

21x Daily PVP matches (for Trials passage coins; 3 per day)

9x Total Prison of Elders runs (3x32/3x34/3x35)

3x Trials of Osiris @ Weekend (more if you're shooting for 9-0)

and now Iron Banner!

On top of all of that, any Raiding runs for those that still want/need VoG & CE gear (Black Hammer, Vision of Confluence, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
It paid off having a kid yesterday. I had gotten the Thorn Bounty 2 days ago. I was able to complete the hive requirement no issues, however I really do not enjoy pvp that much. I did 1 hour of IB and had 6 points. I recruited my son to play for me and it took him less than 3 hours in IB to get me the 500 void kill points. He hardly plays the game at all, but he's a king at any pvp. Between Word of Crota, and Her Majesty, he made quick work of them. He was getting around 35-50+ points a match. MattYoung helped me finish the lvl 26 strike playlist and now I have my 1st Thorn. Word of advice, do not under estimate the 26 strike needed for it. I went in think it was some 30 minute cakewalk

MattYoung and I plan on doing a few hours of IB this evening, starting around 7pm CST. Anyone else is welcome to join us.

As I said last night, I'll be on around 5:30 Pacific/7:30 Central for Iron Banner with my Titan. Shouldn't take too long to get to Rank 3.
Progress is definitely going quicker this time around. I am nearly rank 3 after only playing yesterday and finishing all the bounties. I will likely have time to switch and do it with an alternate character before the reset (need those Etheric light!)

Anyone else notice a severe increase in players with poor connection since the launch of House of Wolves? It seems like every time I start up IB or ToO, there is always a few people with red connections that totally lag the hell out of the match.

They are all essentially the same thing. They all have max range and impact for a shotgun with the right perks. PC fires faster than matador and matador fires faster than Felwinters. So basically ROF is the only difference.
People in a group I was in were swearing by the Matador last night, but I'm glad I at least got a Party Crasher +1 as a drop after reading your post.

Completed 34 PoE for all three toons then hit up Iron Banner for a bit using my titan.

The catch-up buff definitely helps. Only got 3 bounties done and played for 2 hours, but still made it to Rank 2

Anyone else notice a severe increase in players with poor connection since the launch of House of Wolves? It seems like every time I start up IB or ToO, there is always a few people with red connections that totally lag the hell out of the match.
Yup, seemed to get bad during this last Trials and it's only gotten worse since then.

First guess is that a bunch of players are returning to the game and the servers are just getting pummeled. But wouldn't be surprised if a few of the laggers are cheating their way thru.

Either way, it makes for a crummy experience.

People in a group I was in were swearing by the Matador last night, but I'm glad I at least got a Party Crasher +1 as a drop after reading your post.
Got a Matador the night before and finished maxing it out last night. So I've only used it a little and I'm still adjusting to it's Rate of Fire

Also got a Party Crasher last night. Had to roll PC a couple of times but got Accurized Ballistics, Shot Package and Reinforced Barrel. I'll be curious to try it out and compare it to my Matador

Completed 34 PoE for all three toons then hit up Iron Banner for a bit using my titan.

The catch-up buff definitely helps. Only got 3 bounties done and played for 2 hours, but still made it to Rank 2

Yup, seemed to get bad during this last Trials and it's only gotten worse since then.

First guess is that a bunch of players are returning to the game and the servers are just getting pummeled. But wouldn't be surprised if a few of the laggers are cheating their way thru.

Either way, it makes for a crummy experience.

Got a Matador the night before and finished maxing it out last night. So I've only used it a little and adjusting to it's Rate of Fire

Also got a Party Crasher last night. Had to roll PC a couple of times but got Accurized Ballistics, Shot Package and Reinforced Barrel. I'll be curious to try it out and compare it to my Matador
Glad(?) to hear that the lag/connection issues are not just me. ToO was borderline unplayable last week.

I'm still waiting on a Matador or PC+1 to drop for me. I had another Felwinter's Lie drop and was a bit disappointed (crazy, I know). From what I have heard/read, Matador 64 is preferred over PC+1 but either is a beast in crucible.

Still need to run all 3 34 PoE's if anyone is interested. Cant seem to get a group of 3 together at all this week for 34 runs (and 35's).

Glad(?) to hear that the lag/connection issues are not just me. ToO was borderline unplayable last week.

I'm still waiting on a Matador or PC+1 to drop for me. I had another Felwinter's Lie drop and was a bit disappointed (crazy, I know). From what I have heard/read, Matador 64 is preferred over PC+1 but either is a beast in crucible.

Still need to run all 3 34 PoE's if anyone is interested. Cant seem to get a group of 3 together at all this week for 34 runs (and 35's).
I am almost rank 3 in IB. As soon as that happens I will be level 34 and can do the 34 POE. I'll be on tonight, tomorrow and will be available during the weekend

So I don't usually mess with the reforge business, but I've received 3 or so guns in a row with the "Icarus" perk, and that just seems dumb. For me at least.

If I start re-rolling my Silimar's Wrath, or any of the many, many other legendary pulse and or scout rifles I have, what should I be looking for? Is it all a matter of preference or are there just out-and-out "best rolls" for these items? If it were up to me I'd want faster reload, larger magazine and .....

well, something good, that's for sure.

Guy on my team got Monte Carlo to drop after an IB round. My jaw just 'bout hit the floor.

bread's done
Back