Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

For Skolas, we used Black Hammer and just pounded him in the head over and over until he got to about 50%. Once he was down that far, we pulled out the rockets.

Got NFs done last night and ended up helping out with an extra one. Then down to do some Control to practice some sniping. Went pretty smoothly, but seems everyone is starting to camp and sit down more than before ... too much ToO it seems  :whistle2:k

Unfortunately didn't get anything else done, still have to do 32 x 3 Arena and 34 x 3 Arena. It seems it takes forever to drop Skolas, so I haven't even dared try 35

For Skolas, we used Black Hammer and just pounded him in the head over and over until he got to about 50%. Once he was down that far, we pulled out the rockets.
That's exactly how we did it the first time. The titan in the random second group I joined didn't have a Black Hammer or any other solar sniper apparently. He was using a void sniper. When we asked him if he had a solar sniper to use he said no and the other guy couldn't land headshots consistently, so we switched to all gally. I tried that with them for a couple of hours and we never really got close. The few times we did manage to break the bonds we weren't able to drop him before the adds got overwhelming and my teammates couldn't rotate and stay alive. Most of the time we never even got to that point as one of them would manage to blow themselves up or find a way to die.

HaHa!  Yeah, some of these PoE's are starting  wear on me. 

May be time to take a break cuz I'm not finding any fun in this

[quote name="totallyjem" post="12736716" timestamp="1433964513"]HM Crota taught me that sometimes shit in this game is just not worth the time.[/quote]
Exactly my shit, if it takes more than 3 tries on Hard Crota, max 5 tries then fuck bail out!! Right it's just few minutes still you get out and fight him, but doing heavy glitch> first sword took min. 10 mins, then the time just keeps adding up for every failure, I remember wasting like 2h getting now where cuz we either sword guy failed, we got owned by Oversoul or fireteam member just leaf after first try lol.

Yup, currently I do the NFs and try to do PoE 32 and 34. Missed a 32 last week, but I didn't care for that ugly Titan helmet. All in all I'm not finding PoE fun at all, just don't know why :???: .

Its actually hard to get a team together (most people are done by that time) or stuff takes too long (Qadron or whatever the name of that guy is sucks). We'll see, but I'm just not that into the gear either and I'm already a 34 on all characters .... so don't really see the reason for doing it other that the EL.

For some reason now I started liking Crucible more and more  :twoguns: . Regardless of loosing or winning I'm finding it a ton of fun

I really want to do a 32 with my Titan because he's 75 points short of completing the Elder Cypher. I also finally got to that step with my Hunter on his Cypher so I'd be down to farm Skolas as well if anyone is interested.

Did I finish my 1st 34 PoE today. 

Yup.  :D/

Did I die by falling down the pit to the treasure room?   :-({|=

Again?  :wall:

You're damn right.  :drool:  

The line for the Destiny short bus forms right behind me.

(Also, tried 35 PoE for a while. We made it to round 4. eft that thing.)

35 sucks. I got my grimoire, ship and shader so I'm good with doing it again for a long long time. Like a lot of people here were saying, I just bailed on hard mode crota. The second I got everything, I was done. The number one thing I would say bungie needs to learn for their next expansion is that fans are sick of making things hard by just bumping it up a level. The Qodron fight at 34 a few weeks ago proved that you can keep everything at the same level as the player and still have it be difficult. Vault of Glass was awesome because the hardest difficulty was the max level of the player. Even at 30, it was still tough. But now it's a lot easier to get to max level, so they have to do something to keep things hard, even if it's cheap and dumb.

I dunno. For me, anyways, Skolas is just like HM Crota and Atheon before him. He's a bitch at first but with some trial and error and once a sound strategy is found he's really not that bad. The WoL Titan bubble at the top of the steps, snipe and then heavy method works really well once you have it down.

Right but not everyone has gjallybooboo...Atheon is fun now but when I was forever 29...to this day I still dont have titan boots from VOG.

Right but not everyone has gjallybooboo...Atheon is fun now but when I was forever 29...to this day I still dont have titan boots from VOG.
You don't even need Ghorn especially with the WoL trick since it doesn't affect the Wolfpack rounds. Sniping does most of the damage then usually a heavy machine gun with the correct burn is the way to go. This week is solar so of course I went Black Hammer/GHorn but Icebreaker/HoC is a viable option as well. Last week with void I went with the queen's sniper and Truth while others were using Corrective Measure.

I really want to do a 32 with my Titan because he's 75 points short of completing the Elder Cypher. I also finally got to that step with my Hunter on his Cypher so I'd be down to farm Skolas as well if anyone is interested.

I got an elder cypher, but I'm not that excited about it. I just got it, so my next step is to open the big chest during a level 32?
Still waiting for the darn Cypher to drop for me. Need to get a crew that can run the 35 PoE with me. Seems as though most people have a normal 3 that they do it with.

Corrective measure is my jam...its so awesome in IB. I dont know man if someone experienced wants to do it I'd try it for awhile but I'm not spending 2 hours on one boss anymore ever again.

I actually used a 365 Hunger of Crota to help finish Skolas off today. Dont ask me why, but i went with it.

Now i have gotten 5 ciphers, which is 2 too many. LOL. Was really hoping to get an elemental primary from 2 Skolas kills but nope, just another damn cipher and nothing the first time. :(

Elder Scrolls Online took 7 hours for a 15 GB update. Thus, I didn't play last night. But I started it today and it's threatening to steal away all my Destiny time! I love it.

I wouldn't have an issue with the difficulty if the experience was more enjoyable.

Right now, PoE is one gigantic grind that's gonna eat up a bunch of your time and the rewards don't justify the time sink.  Sure you do it to hit light level 34. But after that there's little motivation to bother with the lower level arena fights.  All we're getting are waves of enemies that are s'pose to cover up for the bullet-sponge boss (with the dumb as pickles AI)

Then there's the 35 PoE... it can go from a rose parade to a $hit show real quick.  You better burn him quick or else you'll be stuck running laps. And if that's what you want then pick up Track & Field for the NES... you'll have more fun with that.

But hell, the best rewards aren't even dished out for beating Skolas... no, you need to travel to the lighthouse if you really want the good stuff. 

I get that Bungie wants to monopolize our gametime, but this isn't the way to do it.

Did the 32 PoE with Jimmy and Tukai to finish the Cypher on my Titan, grabbed the Lord Of Wolves with that. Then, using my Hunter me, Jimmy and 7 farmed Skolas so 7 and I could finish our 3rd Cyphers and we each grabbed the Dreg's Promise. Now the only exotic gun I don't have is the Fate of All Fools. For exotic gear all I need is the new exotic boots for the Hunter and the Titan as well as the new exotic arms for the Titan.

I also managed to get the pulse rifle with solar burn from Skolas. Not a bad night.

Ended up running the VoG hard mode in hopes of getting a Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence.....no such luck. I did get a Praedyth's Timepiece. Never had that drop before. Didn't get an exotic out of any of the chests either. Finally(!) got a random group who knew what the hell they were doing. Having a group that knows what they are doing REALLY makes the grind much much easier. Now I just need to find that for Skolas and ToO......

I wouldn't have an issue with the difficulty if the experience was more enjoyable.

Right now, PoE is one gigantic grind that's gonna eat up a bunch of your time and the rewards don't justify the time sink. Sure you do it to hit light level 34. But after that there's little motivation to bother with the lower level arena fights. All we're getting are waves of enemies that are s'pose to cover up for the bullet-sponge boss (with the dumb as pickles AI)

Then there's the 35 PoE... it can go from a rose parade to a $hit show real quick. You better burn him quick or else you'll be stuck running laps. And if that's what you want then pick up Track & Field for the NES... you'll have more fun with that.

But hell, the best rewards aren't even dished out for beating Skolas... no, you need to travel to the lighthouse if you really want the good stuff.

I get that Bungie wants to monopolize our gametime, but this isn't the way to do it.
I agree with everything this man has to say, and more. Our group has pretty much thrown our hands up at Skolas, and not for a lack of effort. The internet seems to think that the Arc burn week was "the hardest", but I'm thinking Bungie may have decided to "remind" us what it was like to do Crota pre-patch(es) this week despite the Solar Burn.

Skolas taking too long to come into view after the servitor goes down > Skolas teleport/rushes us immediately > Pinpoint scorch cannon aerial nutshots > Killing us with aforementioned pinpoint nutshots because we can't move for a solid second during the black screen after his stupid cutscene plays for the thousandth time.....

^^^having to rewatch the damn cutscene over and over is Destiny/Bungie reminding us that we're its bitch. I know it doesn't do anything but I spam my buttons anyway.

You don't even need Ghorn especially with the WoL trick since it doesn't affect the Wolfpack rounds. Sniping does most of the damage then usually a heavy machine gun with the correct burn is the way to go. This week is solar so of course I went Black Hammer/GHorn but Icebreaker/HoC is a viable option as well. Last week with void I went with the queen's sniper and Truth while others were using Corrective Measure.
I can join any Skolas run tomorrow still missing one run for my warlock and one of my titans!

I had trouble finding people online the last two nights to do anything. Anyone still need nightfallsx2, PoE 32x3, PoE34x3? May have to hit up the LFG like the olden days of yore.

It seems the chance to get an elemental primary from Skolas is way way lower than VoG and CE.
Yeah ive only gotten one from like 8+ runs through skolas and it turned out to be an arc pulse rifle which i already had Oversoul Edict and Timepiece, so i dismantled it. I wouldnt mind a void/arc auto rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need 1 PoE 32, 2 PoE 34, and 1 PoE 35.  Hope to get it all done tonight, so I can focus on Trials and practice elimination mode this weekend.

I still need 1 PoE 32, 2 PoE 34, and 1 PoE 35. Hope to get it all done tonight, so I can focus on Trials and practice elimination mode this weekend.
I can Join on all of that (this week I've just finished 2 NF and 1 PoE 35) so if you have space on your fire team just let me know the time!

I dunno. For me, anyways, Skolas is just like HM Crota and Atheon before him. He's a bitch at first but with some trial and error and once a sound strategy is found he's really not that bad. The WoL Titan bubble at the top of the steps, snipe and then heavy method works really well once you have it down.
Any chance of a video with the strategy out there Arjay? Have seen a couple, but want to get an idea of wth I might be getting into.

I had trouble finding people online the last two nights to do anything. Anyone still need nightfallsx2, PoE 32x3, PoE34x3? May have to hit up the LFG like the olden days of yore.
I need to do two Nightfalls, two 32 PoE, and one 34 PoE.
I still need 1 PoE 32, 2 PoE 34, and 1 PoE 35. Hope to get it all done tonight, so I can focus on Trials and practice elimination mode this weekend.
One guy already joined, but I created a group on the100: https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/173620

Hope to get it all done tonight, so I can focus on Trials and practice elimination mode this weekend.

- Same here, I will have those 3 helmets :twoguns:

I would like to do a 35 tonight if anyone is free. Anytime after 4:30pm CST works. It would be my 1st time doing 35 so you will be able to pop my 35 cherry (I have a 34 hunter). I'll give whoever joins in a back rub they will never forget!

I ran two NFs yesterday with randoms and received the new Purifier Robes (almost maxed stats, a keeper) and an Amplified Geo-D6 sniper (bleh). I still have 1 NF left to do with my Hunter. This is an extremely easy NF week with Solar/Void damage.

I haven't even attempted to do any PoE's this week yet. If anyone wants to run some 32/34s when I'm on later this evening I'd be up for it.

I've been playing around with my newly maxed Gjallarhorn and it's ridiculous. You can do almost everything faster and easier. It feels like using a cheat code after playing this game for ~9 months without one. I knew the difference was sizable, but this? Unreal. 

Do you hate T-Baggers? If yes, then this video is just for you.

This guy t-bags me, thats when my aftershocks kill him and he ends up being the nail in the coffin kill to win the match. LOL Karma is a bitch! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBC7bO0mN7M

BTW, what does everyone think of the HMG that Variks is selling this week???

Picked one up to try out and liking it so far:  Accurized Ballistics, counterbalance, Fitted Stock or Hammer Forged. 

Shank burn with a Void element seems dumb though.

I really need to stop playing the 35 with randoms. I joined one group at Skolas as a replacement for a leader who was going to sleep. After a few more tries another guy decided to leave and took us all to orbit while I repeatedly asked him to stop and give one us lead before he left. After we were all in orbit he says "Oh was I the lead sorry". I guess me telling him he had the lead and asking him to transfer it to me or the other guy before he left 5 times wasn't enough for him to figure it out. After that I joined 2 guys who were on the second round. I basically carried them all the way to Skolas. They both had KDs under 5 when we got to Skolas and mine was over 75. I had more kills than both of them combined and they both died 25+ more times than I did. The only reason I stayed was because I was hoping they would give up before I did and give me the checkpoint, so I could invite some better people in. One dude just refused to throw in the towel though, so I gave up and logged off. I think from now on I'm not doing it fresh unless it's with people I know or I start the fireteam, so I can kick and replace people who can't pull their weight. Of course if they would just give us checkpoints I wouldn't have to waste anywhere close to the amount of time that I have the past few days.

I really need to stop playing the 35 with randoms. I joined one group at Skolas as a replacement for a leader who was going to sleep. After a few more tries another guy decided to leave and took us all to orbit while I repeatedly asked him to stop and give one us lead before he left. After we were all in orbit he says "Oh was I the lead sorry". I guess me telling him he had the lead and asking him to transfer it to me or the other guy before he left 5 times wasn't enough for him to figure it out. After that I joined 2 guys who were on the second round. I basically carried them all the way to Skolas. They both had KDs under 5 when we got to Skolas and mine was over 75. I had more kills than both of them combined and they both died 25+ more times than I did. The only reason I stayed was because I was hoping they would give up before I did and give me the checkpoint, so I could invite some better people in. One dude just refused to throw in the towel though, so I gave up and logged off. I think from now on I'm not doing it fresh unless it's with people I know or I start the fireteam, so I can kick and replace people who can't pull their weight. Of course if they would just give us checkpoints I wouldn't have to waste anywhere close to the amount of time that I have the past few days.
Thats rough. I've had some decent luck lately but have had my share of crappy randoms the last few weeks. Just because people are 34 and "have done it before" doesn't mean they were the reason it was completed. Hopefully you get some better luck soon (or just make up some BS about connection/lag issues and ask them to give you the lead...might work).

If you ever need an extra person, shoot me an invite.

Looks like no more burns for Skolas starting next week, but he's supposedly going to have lower HP to compensate. They say they're making changes to the encounter because it's taking people too long to finish it.

My prediction? They don't fully test the changes and removing burns just ends up making things harder. Then we're stuck like that for months until they admit they fucked up.

Looks like no more burns for Skolas starting next week, but he's supposedly going to have lower HP to compensate. They say they're making changes to the encounter because it's taking people too long to finish it.

My prediction? They don't fully test the changes and removing burns just ends up making things harder. Then we're stuck like that for months until they admit they fucked up.
Your first mistake is assuming Bungie will playtest anything to begin with.

You dudes were not on or busy again so I did patrols and bounties and helped a random from the tower get his thorn bounty done. Remember when that strike was hard?

People on reddit are flipping because Xur has crap inventory again. Not really sure what they expect at this point. The new exotic weapons are only available as part of bounties.

People on reddit are flipping because Xur has crap inventory again. Not really sure what they expect at this point. The new exotic weapons are only available as part of bounties.
New armor. A lot of us already have all of the old stuff.

When TDB came out Xur had something from the new DLC almost every week. This time around we can just gamble with engrams. Xur selling the chest engram makes it harder to get something useful since there's only one new one so the odds of getting purifier robes are very low. At least have him sell the helm engram again.

bread's done
Back