Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I would swear I have gotten 2 without a 3oC (usually because I forget to pop one).  Next time I will try to take a quick video since I know you will want proof.

Either way the point of diminishing returns appeared to be ~6 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasted most of last night trick or treating in Destiny, with a small break to pick up Halo.

I'm still missing cryptarch, Xur, Atheon, Speaker and tiger. S'pose I'm also missing exotic, purple and blue engram but... meh.

My only legendary is Petra and would want to make Skolas, Oryx and Atheon legendary. Here's to hopefully getting more paste... HUZZAH!

I've never seen or heard of getting an exotic engram without using a 3oC.
Never really thought about it, but I think you're right. I've only seen exotic engrams drop on the ground from using 3oC. they used to just pop into your inventory.

If you're available tomorrow night around 8 P.M. Central, I'm pretty sure we're going to try again for a normal run or two. 3 spots would be available.

I will help with the normal run. I will run on my titan and if we do more than one, I may log on Dylan so he can get better equipped. He has to work this evening.

Got a 319 ghost / 316 ghost, 319 titan mark, 313 hunter cloak, 320 fusion rifle, 316 shotty , 310 shotty, and maybe another item or 2 last night. I have 2 Oryx HM check points. Got the hunter to 313 light.

I will help with the normal run. I will run on my titan and if we do more than one, I may log on Dylan so he can get better equipped. He has to work this evening.
Thanks. My personal goal is 2 runs (Titan and Hunter) although I cannot speak for Jem or Langdon.

ECB, as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to join us. But we like to start on time since people have to be up early, so we want to have everyone in the fireteam right at 8 P.M. Central.

If you two play, that'd make 5 out of 6.

I can play raid tonight.

I passed on Jem's offer last night since I was with a group of friends doing NTtE.

Send me a message whenever you guys are setting up!

Hard raid drops

Hunter: 314 shotgun

Titan: 312 class item, 311 ghost (already had a 318)

Warlock: 314 boots, 312 machine gun (already had a 317 machine gun)

Yeah hard mode drops werent as good this week. Each character got one thing that helped my light level. But i did get the warlock normal mode helmet, so i infused it up to 310. Im hoping i can still get a hard raid helmet on my titan or hunter if we can beat oryx.

Also got a 294 sniper, the low impact one from vanguard from my only nightfall so far.

Oh yeah, i pulled a 310 thunderlord out of the piston chest in the raid last night too.

I can play raid tonight.
I passed on Jem's offer last night since I was with a group of friends doing NTtE.

Send me a message whenever you guys are setting up!
The goal is 8 P.M. Central, but I'm sure Jem can message you. You can also add me if you want: MattYoung730.

One person is unsure if he can participate tonight, so we may need an additional teammate. Not 100% sure yet.

Who all is raiding normal tonight - I know there is Me, Matt Young and who else please? If you could post your psn name that would be great because I do not have access to the psn app at work. Occasionally I can sneak in the app, but then It somehow finds out and I'm hiding in cubes like Neo avoiding capture.

Who all is raiding normal tonight - I know there is Me, Matt Young and who else please? If you could post your psn name that would be great because I do not have access to the psn app at work. Occasionally I can sneak in the app, but then It somehow finds out and I'm hiding in cubes like Neo avoiding capture.
Probably me. Mohdoh.

Another hard run and I got:

-318 & 319 Ghosts

-306 boots (already have 309)

-300 Fusion (infusion material)

-318 Black cloak

The ghost and cloak helped push me up to 311, but was really hoping for hard-mode weapons.

Did an alt run to help fill out a friend's group and couldn't get past the warpriest, ugh.  Should have just logged off like I was planning to do.

3 Completions. 312 ghost, 310 Harrowed sniper, 313 Harrowed shotgun, 313 Hunter gauntlets, 311 Hunter chest, 310 Hunter boots, 316 Hunter boots, 312 Warlock chest and other worthless normal gear.

I'm pretty disappointed that I will not be able to increase any of my characters' light levels. I'll run my Hunters at 312 and my Warlock at 311 until next week. The only items I received that resulted in any type of gain are the Hunter boots and shotgun. I went from 315 to 316 infusing the boots. I'll probably infuse the shotgun into either the Spindle or Eirene RR4.

3 HM oryx this week and I got:
316 ghost
318 scout wih full auto :D
313 pulse rifle
316 warlock gaunlet
315 hunter cloak
316 hunter gaunlet
313 titan helmet
316 titan boots
315 titan chest

I got very lucky this week. Mutiple double/triple loots

Another hard run and I got:

-318 & 319 Ghosts

-306 boots (already have 309)

-300 Fusion (infusion material)

-318 Black cloak

The ghost and cloak helped push me up to 311, but was really hoping for hard-mode weapons.

Did an alt run to help fill out a friend's group and couldn't get past the warpriest, ugh. Should have just logged off like I was planning to do.
That is always the wisest choice .... yet :wall:

My boys had the idea that you should be able to buy a Destiny action figure, then buy new weapons and armor pieces for it that would be sold in engram-shaped containers, like from a gumball machine. 

Nobody tell Bungie, because I would go broke.

7th, Jimmy, Omni and I just did it the normal way just killing the ogres and knights with 2 people using Malice to help with ogres from a blessing bubble in the center. We got it pretty quickly with a few people from Reddit. Having done it that way and the no knight way, I like the normal way more. It's just more consistent and puts less pressure on the relic runner

Did you do the stagger oryx, kill ogres, clear adds, then 321 bombs strat?
I've done both strats and I find the no knight one quite easier the normal one is definitely simpler but it can be also easily ruined and a little error usually leads to a wipe, the no knight has a wider error margin and can still be completed with ease even being one man down.

I've done both strats and I find the no knight one quite easier the normal one is definitely simpler but it can be also easily ruined and a little error usually leads to a wipe, the no knight has a wider error margin and can still be completed with ease even being one man down.
After doing both, I like the original strategy much better. Errors can be corrected, but the no Knight strategy depends on the ogres cooperating, which you don't have control over.

As ppl get higher light and learn the fight, I think most will prefer the original strategy. Its just much more consistent and you have more control.

Beat orix last night and ended up getting amazing loot! (taking in count that my usual drops were 310 in hard mode) got a 320 titan mark and titan chest both int/dis and got a 320 mida's reckoning... Ironically got a 310 mark by beating orix but I was so happy I couldn't care less.

Does anyone want to team up and do some crucible? Need five games in a fireteam on each character to finish these weekly bounties. I'll be around all afternoon. No mic and don't even care if we win but if anyone is doing crucible today invite me por favor.

I just stopped picking up crucible bounties like a week ago...but that reminds me who wants to take turns shooting each other in the face for some gun quests?

I just stopped picking up crucible bounties like a week ago...but that reminds me who wants to take turns shooting each other in the face for some gun quests?
I still do the weekly bounties because there's a chance at decent rewards. I can let you shoot me in the face today if you want since that'll count toward my five games. What quests do you have?

bread's done
Back