Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I heard there is time after you stagger to clear adds before detonation making things less chaotic...but have not done oryx on hard yet.
Really only needed if you're killing knights. If you're going with no knights, you should never have to worry about adds to be honest. Basically after stagger, just take about 10-15 seconds to clear out anything in the way and then go to bombs. We tested in a group I ran with this morning, and the tough adds like acolytes and centurions weren't spawning until the ogres went down/about five seconds after Oryx slams his fist before stagger time. So no knight groups will just be able to kill ogres, detonate bombs, and get back to safety before adds have a chance to focus on them.

Off topic but need help please:

I may be switching from U-verse to TWC cable soon for my internet. Instead of using their router and paying a monthly fee, I am considering buying my own. Could people who know routers please give some advice on which one to buy?

We have a 1 story house and 5 people who play a lot of online games at the same time and/or are streaming movies on netflix constantly. What would be the recommended one to buy that won't cost too much?
If you have a T-mobile cellular plan, you can call them up and ask for a free wireless router. The wireless router they give works great, is AC, and looks pretty as well.

If anyone needs one more for a normal raid I'd like to do one. I've only done the warpriest part. I'm a Titan with 296 light. Usually on between 7-10pm eastern.

I've given up on Xur giving me any engrams that turn into something I need. I just get repeats...I'm just sticking with 3ofcoins again this week and rolling the dice.

Because of the helmet engram, all my dudes sit at 311 with my normal load outs and just using max light I can hit 313 on one and 312 on the other two. Thanks Xur!

I dont think I've even raided with my warlock but seeing how important rez is when you cause a wipe by dying I should have prioritized my warlock more...I've always seen it as my weakest class though...

Because of the helmet engram, all my dudes sit at 311 with my normal load outs and just using max light I can hit 313 on one and 312 on the other two. Thanks Xur!
Wow were you 310 with each? Nice going btw!

I dont think I've even raided with my warlock but seeing how important rez is when you cause a wipe by dying I should have prioritized my warlock more...I've always seen it as my weakest class though...
Yeah that res is actually what makes them so useful in HM. Really is just about playing smart and not trying to be the hero every time. Last night I saw you had problems getting to the middle (I think you felt and them jumped on the platform or something like that). You made the right choice prioritizing coming back. I golden gunned to give cover and pretty much everyone else was killing ads so really dying only happens if the game hits you hard and just you, or you stayed too long at the platforms .... or if you really just suck, but can make excuses like that lfg bra from last night :wall:

Note: I completely forgot you can use other classes items for your infusions :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm always trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong...I'm just the least experienced. That was my first hard mode oryx and it was overwhelming at first, but I only started dying for some reason towards the end of the tries with the semi useless dude who fell off and stuff I survived pretty well for the majority of the tries. Once I didn't make it back from bombs (too slow I guess), once the ship shot me (stayed on platform too long), once I died trying to kill the knight (just being stupid).... I did fall off my platform one time but that was on normal mode a couple weeks ago lol...mostly last night it was just getting too concentrated on the knight stealing my bomb. I just started saying fuck it and as soon as jimmy said he had the thing I ran to mid. I was just trying to pull my weight and it was costing us too much so I switched to being a pussy and staying alive and we finished pretty fast with the new (very weird) lfg guy...

I still haven't played Trials at all yet. I have had to work everyday during trials so far and I just don't care about it that much anymore.

Trials has not been kind to me so far this week. Hunter got an artifact from gold package. Titan got gauntlets from gold package, which i got from last weeks package. Both silver packages gave me blue engrams. Failed to get my hunter helmet, but i did get the titan helmet. I just want one exotic armor piece from silver or gold package thats between 311-320. My warlock still has hope! Gunna do some more tomorrow for sure.

Did a Trials run on my hunter and just missed the Lighthouse. 8-0 with the mercy used up, final match went down to the last round too. Ugh

Ended up with the Helm and sniper (garbage perks)

Got a 310 Hereafter from the Silver tier

Got the Trials machine gun from Gold.

Also needed to spend some marks before cashing in those Trials bounties so I bought a purple special engram from the cryptarch. Turned into a 310 4th Horseman.

Now to send my Titan and Warlock thru... really only care about the helmets.

Would also be nice to get a sniper with a better roll. Went up against a team last night where one guy got his to drop with hidden hand, the bastard (he was also a carry on that team, damn his luck)

I still haven't played Trials at all yet. I have had to work everyday during trials so far and I just don't care about it that much anymore.
Haha, I'm getting there... for all of TTK, that is.

Hop on, see what friends are doing and if it's not the Raid, I'm partially checked out. NF's haven't given me anything good in a long time. Shaxx bounties have been garbage too.

The current RNG drop system sucks @$$, especially without a re-roll system to back it up. Annoying enough to get gear as it is, to then have RNG roll it with worse stats than your current gear. Really removes the desire to want to grind... especially with all the new games dropping right now.

I'm still puzzled as to why 9 of the new exotic armor pieces continue to be absent from TTK. If they really are behind a time locked gate then that's pretty lame. I'm kind of running out of non-raid things to do to keep my interest at this point.

I did get a somewhat decent roll on an Imago Loop hand cannon drop. It's not on the fatebringer level but kind of close with spray and pray & firefly. The middle tier came with Injection Mold/Lightweight, so not great, but I finally got one to drop.

I agree with you motiv, if im not doing the raid, trails, or iron banner there really isnt much to do or get since its being held back. Only time im having fun is when im playing with others. Getting the hunger to play a different game. PS+ just gave out The Walking Dead season 2, and i bought season 1 when it was like 5 bucks on PS+. Still havent played those, and i have a few other games ive been wanting to try.

I got my warlock helmet in trials, and the gold package gave me trials gauntlets. I still need to get the helmet on my hunter. But so far i think ive had the most fun using my warlock, sniping, and using the stormcaller. Lately ive been terrible with the hammer bro, i might just go back to being a striker. I know i love shoulder charging fools in the crucible. For Hunter i still think i prefer Gunslinger.

You guys got some wins then :)

I still would like to do the bounties for trials on two characters if anyone is wanting to just play for funsies and win maybe once or twice.

Failed a couple times to get my hunters trials helmet. And it usually goes something like this, 4-0 on the passage card, then we get matched up against teams we just cant beat, go 0-3 and dont get the helmet. Like seriously does matchmaking look for mlg pros or red bar people when you get 4 wins? I will try again sunday or monday. I really need a good legendary helmet for my hunter so i can use alpha lupi or ahmakaras spine.

I saw someone on my friends list playing with TripleWreck. Lucky guy, im going to need someone to sherpa me to a new flawless emblem sometime.

We managed to kill Oryx on hard in less than 45 minutes i think. All i got was a 315 rocket launcher, the same exact rocket launcher i was using. Same damage, same perks. I also got 303 boots. WTF. No primary, no helmet.

Killed Oryx on my Titan with people from Reddit. The only difference between the boots that I got and the ones that I had on were that the ones that dropped had 3 less discipline and machine gun ammo instead of rockets. I still need to run relay, warpriest, and golgoroth on my Titan, but it hasn't been a good week for raid drops so far.

I really wish there was some sort of skill ranking system with stuff like trials. It's not fun to get matched with teams that just dominant and can somehow snipe you across the map, through six walls, while looking in the opposite direction. Give me a noob trials or something where hey I can't make it to the lighthouse, but I can still collect 300 versions of the gear that's available. I just want it because it looks cool.

I got a scout rifle with full auto from the gold package...I failed to get 7 a helmet twice. Sorry?

Off topic but I wish they would come out with skate 4...

I got a scout rifle with full auto from the gold package...I failed to get 7 a helmet twice. Sorry?

Off topic but I wish they would come out with skate 4...
Skate 2 was so damn good. I loved that game, and i loved the downhill drag racing online. I really wish they would come out with a new one.

Yeah ive failed like 5 times now where we get 3-4 wins and then just lose 3-4 straight. Got the helmets on titan and warlock, but my hunter is just suffering.

Back in the day I went to the lighthouse many times, but the new trials is just horrid. There are soooooooooo many redbars, and then when you get a team with green bars they often have 30 supers and 90000 grenades to toss at you while noscope sniping you thru several things. You'd think with all the easy bounties there would be more casuals, but you only get them at 0 or 1 win, after that it's just BS all the time. It's left me with such a bad taste today that I am actually thinking of quitting the game. I spend time getting all three chars over 313 light, collected all the exotics from both years and lot's of other stuff - but if they are going to just let cheating jerks run rampant without consequence I'm out.

^ accurate...but I dont really care about k/d or lighthouse. I did bounties just for the drops and marks. I'll make up for the k/d I lost in trials with iron banner domination. With 3 or more of our clan on a team we can even beat lagging cheaters most of the time. 

My last gold package gave me a 305 auto rifle that looks like it might be ok despite having zero impact...like I think it feels like a combo of a warm breeze and a shower massager...but eventually you will die in total comfort.

I do feel bad that 7 never got a helmet...but I'm not a 420noscopesniper :(

There is still hope today if i can get some guys together. Otherwise ill just try to get a helmet from oryx tomorrow. I think we are going to start saving the checkpoint at the relay race so we dont have to do the NBA JAM part or jumping over ships areas that only give shards and waste time. Beating the relay, warpriest, and golgoroth shouldnt take that much time. I think the daughters give us more problems, and of course Oryx is only doable with a solid team.

Also saw this on reddit for those that love to use 3oC

Here are the steps...

1. Make sure that you do not have the 3oC buff active (kill a ultra if you do)
  2. Load into the vanguard strike playlist (Heroic strikes seem to work as well)
  3. Complete two strikes without 3oC
  4. On the beginning of the third strike (once you have loaded in, and are on the ground) activate a Three of Coin and proceed the strike as normal
  5. Killing an ultra has given us a 90% chance of an exotic
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3s55i1/attention_all_guardiansthree_of_coin_discovery/

How to win 14 matches in a row and not go to the lighthouse? Let me tell you my sad story... We start our ticket but one friend said he didn't have enough coins for the boons so we decide to make a warm up run, in our first match we get teamed up with pro snipers that destroyed us 5-0, so we decide to continue to complete the ticket and get the coins... We the won 8 games straight, we already had our fist loss so we decided to get a new ticket because my fried just had enough coins to buy the boons with the bounties rewards, so we started and made it 7-0 with our mercy intact, but after that we got wrecked by three blink shotgunners (cons theory-D seems to me able to hit from a mile) and with our mercy used destiny decided to matchup us again with a team composed only of elite snipers... So that's how we ended up empty handed and heart broken after winning 14 matches back to back

There is still hope today if i can get some guys together. Otherwise ill just try to get a helmet from oryx tomorrow. I think we are going to start saving the checkpoint at the relay race so we dont have to do the NBA JAM part or jumping over ships areas that only give shards and waste time. Beating the relay, warpriest, and golgoroth shouldnt take that much time. I think the daughters give us more problems, and of course Oryx is only doable with a solid team.

7 you just need the 5 wins? If so we can run through 3 games real quick and hopefully win them all with the two boons that give you Ws.
I still need to get the helmet with my Warlock (if you need a third).

We had the checkpoint save idea last week and forgot about it. No meeting tomorrow so Ill be home all day to knock out HM raids. I haven't had a Tuesday completely free in a while.

On weekdays I get on at 8 central. I do still need to run the raid up to daughters twice today. Hopefully that takes about an hour to do both toons. I don't really waste my time killing oryx on hard anymore since the lighthouse chest fills my void for 310+ primaries. And I hate wasting time on oryx with bad groups. The raid or anything pve just isn't fun to me. I haven't even done nightsalls in 3 weeks. I'm almost back to the "I don't touch pve phase" that I'm normally in. I'm kind of glad they made the grind in this game unbearable because I don't feel the need to do anything anymore or even keep weapons since I can't even upgrade them. I just hop on play pvp and that's it. Was actually having fun with Halo. And tomorrow is fallout. So stoked.

Hey Jem, this is one of the rounds that happened after you got disconnected, Jimmy and I then went on to win the match 3v2. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJH8oygFQX0

On weekdays I get on at 8 central. I do still need to run the raid up to daughters twice today. Hopefully that takes about an hour to do both toons. I don't really waste my time killing oryx on hard anymore since the lighthouse chest fills my void for 310+ primaries. And I hate wasting time on oryx with bad groups. The raid or anything pve just isn't fun to me. I haven't even done nightsalls in 3 weeks. I'm almost back to the "I don't touch pve phase" that I'm normally in. I'm kind of glad they made the grind in this game unbearable because I don't feel the need to do anything anymore or even keep weapons since I can't even upgrade them. I just hop on play pvp and that's it. Was actually having fun with Halo. And tomorrow is fallout. So stoked.
I feel the same and think I am burnt out of everything except PvP. Everything being behind a wall and the fact that in the end it won't matter whenever the next big thing comes out is what really kills the PvE for me. Heck bought helmet engrams for my Hunter and kept getting Titan helmets fuck you RNGesus

Yesterday tough PvP was a horrible experience, bad teams after bad teams...decided to switch to Lords of the Fallen and had a blast. At this point all characters are 311 so my drive to do PvE has really sunk

I dont know how you guys can have fun playing normal PVP. Maybe its the rewards of ToO and Iron Banner that have spoiled me. But it just doesnt cut it anymore to play control or any other mode for ... fun. But then again i usually end up on a team full of terrible players, so i end up losing a lot since this new matchmaking system has been put in. I just got done with the daily PVP, which was Rift, and i was able to clear the room, grab the spark, and went to run and got killed. Then i look behind me and my whole team is back in their spawn. I mean dont people realize that playing defense is just going to give you a loss?

I almost always play solo control. I lose half my games. Always top player. Teammates are always idiots. Amazes me when I see a 0.08 Kd. Always wondered how they have fun. All that matters to me is that I feed my hunger for guardian kills. :p

Nothing beats running around and netting 30+ kills a game. My win percentage is pretty shitty. Could care less about that. I also always run into streamers and it's fun playing against them. I despise iron banner. That shit is laggier than anything else on destiny. And I don't even understand why iron banner is always so laggy. It's just control.

I think what separates 7 and I is the fact that you want to have every single drop in the game and I'm sure you're striving to be max light. I just wanted my pvp gear and the few things that are reasonably attainable, the rest I could care less about. Already have a full pvp armor set for each class. I kind of weigh my options out, for example, the slight chance that a nightfall will give me the one thing I need isn't worth it to me to run three characters through a week for 4 months in hopes that I finally get that one thing. And I know you complete any activity that has a "chance" for something good. I'm done having hopes of getting that random lucky drop. It's not worth the time to me and it's not fun. That "chance" is what keeps the addicted people playing pve and I'm sure that's what bungee is doing. This game feeds on the addictive nature of people lol.

^I agree, the Destiny staying power is diminishing a bit at the moment. Especially with quite a few new games coming out that I'd rather put time into. I'll probably be turning my attention towards Fallout 4 and some backlogged games here shortly. 

bread's done
Back