Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

When i snipe i usually stand still and move RS to aim. I cant seem to strafe and shoot consistently.

I know Tukai wants to hard raid so send him a message if you still need people. Maybe Jem too.
Adjusting aim side to side is much easier when strafing with the left stick, and you can duck in and out of cover when you're in a sniper battle. I usually adjust up/down with the right stick and left/right with the left stick.

This is probably nothing to you guys, but I just had my first game where I got more than one sniper kill on purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyouYicNt90

It's so hard for me to get the strafing and sniping thing down. I just want to stand in one spot, but obviously that isn't a good idea. Once I actually get decent at knowing where head level is most of the time, I'll have to work on getting faster with aiming so I'm not just constantly looking down my sights.
Unless your sniper has snap shot, you should be aiming down sight 99% of the time with you sniper. Most sniper battles are won before you even aim down sight, who ever gets to the spot before the other guy and have their reticle on where the other guys head will appear will win most of the time.

Drop in to do 3 crucible matches for the night (don't want to spend more time than needed in Destiny hehe). Lost one match, but won the other 2. Dunno what's going on, but wow PvP felt better, maybe its due to the fact that everyone is now moving to something else :whistle2:k

Regarless my Hawksaw + 1000 & Shoty had a lot of fun last night :twoguns: . I tend to now have the reticle or targeting with my sniper now. I just scan the map, aim once I have someone on sight and most of the time I can get them. This lets me also point and shoot at moving targets (gotta love airborne kills)

I've been playing other games but I am always online after 4pm CST. I'll raid HM anyday of the week, I just want to fight Oryx. the game isn't fun to me to just get to Oryx and bail only to see others with the check point attempt or complete it the next day. I'm stuck with 310 primaries until I get more kills/drops. That is the only thing I haven't liked is the lack of ways to get over 310 primaries. It's either a HM Oryx kill with a chance of a drop or beat a bunch of try hards to get to the lighthouse.
Yeah Oryx is a weird thing. Nobody wants to be in there for more than 30 mins (I include myself) failing to kill him because people keep on dying, game glitched, Cart punches jimmy :spam: . Heck I haven't raided this week, cause I am lacking motivation.

And like 7th, 4 HM clears and only 1 primary drop at 312. All in all you are not missing anything. Get to 311 and you can pretty much destroy and do anything in the raid or anywhere else in the game. Personally 312 and up are just not worth the time, I'll catch up to them once the next DLC drops :whistle2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one character at 311 though and now no one wants to raid after 5pm on tuesday...thanks fallout 4. It really did kill destiny this week for me at least...

Maybe some peeps will come back this weekend for a hard run or two? I'd even take skipping oryx if it meant a chance at the other drops at this point.

Does anyone else need to kill Atheon or should I lfg that step?

I only have one character at 311 though and now no one wants to raid after 5pm on tuesday...thanks fallout 4. It really did kill destiny this week for me at least...

Maybe some peeps will come back this weekend for a hard run or two? I'd even take skipping oryx if it meant a chance at the other drops at this point.

Does anyone else need to kill Atheon or should I lfg that step?
I don't need it, but I can help.

And ditto on oryx. I'm barely at 311, missing a few points, and a weapon would help out greatly.

I still need Atheon and would fo hard mode Oryx (whole raid). Got back to playing games a little bit each day about a week ago but wasn't available to do King's Fall when you guys set it up. The last couple nights, I spent 2 hours on Fallout 4.

I want to balance Destiny with other games, but I'm scared that the moment I go back to playing Destiny (it's been a week) that's gonna be all I'll play.

Save your marks boys and girls. Iron Banner next week and its CLASH instead of CONTROL. Also you get packages at rank 3 which could have an artifact, and rank 5 which could have a ghost shell. No word on what armor or weapon he will sell. I hope its helmets and felwinters/spear. Should be interesting.

On another note, after the next patch Shaxx will sell the legendary swords if you have completed the exotic sword quest.

Save your marks boys and girls. Iron Banner next week and its CLASH instead of CONTROL. Also you get packages at rank 3 which could have an artifact, and rank 5 which could have a ghost shell. No word on what armor or weapon he will sell. I hope its helmets and felwinters/spear. Should be interesting.

On another note, after the next patch Shaxx will sell the legendary swords if you have completed the exotic sword quest.
I'm going to avoid getting too excited because I know it's going to be all under 300 stuff again.

Unless the artifact is 304+, so I can use it to infuse an int/dis artifact to 310 on my hunter and titan I don't see it being useful and a ghost shell would have to be 316+ to do anything for me. I'm guessing they won't be that high of a light level, but we'll see.

Im going to be doing some trials this weekend, at least for the bounties. Hopefully get the armor as well.

Sounds like there is going to be a patch next week, i bet its going to fall right before iron banner is activated again. They might bring out patches once a month right before iron banner so no one can log in and keep their rank 5.

I plan on at least trying to get the bounties done, but that's it, unless I get sherpa'd.

And yeah, from the way they phrased the weekly update, they mentioned there would be a patch before Iron Banner.

"Next week, assuming everything goes well with the update, Iron Banner will return."

I'd be willing to do some Trials with you tomorrow or Sunday, Jem. But I always seem to suck at Skirmish, so you should keep that in mind going in if we play.

Man, the new games are really messing with my friend's list. Seem to only have 3-4 active friend's in Destiny, unless my clan makes plans to log in.

Guess it's good then that I got Fallout 3 running on the X1 to keep me busy. (Mass Effect too :beer: )

"Next week, assuming everything goes well with the update, Iron Banner will return."
They're probably referring to the Quiver fix. Guessing IB gets delayed if Quiver remains a problem, after patch.

Man, the new games are really messing with my friend's list. Seem to only have 3-4 active friend's in Destiny, unless my clan makes plans to log in.

Guess it's good then that I got Fallout 3 running on the X1 to keep me busy. (Mass Effect too :beer: )

They're probably referring to the Quiver fix. Guessing IB gets delayed if Quiver remains a problem, after patch.
Well yeah, I realize -- but it will coincide with IB, is what I meant.

Fallout 4 is definitely awesome. I was having some real burn out with Destiny. I tried uncharted and wasn't feeling it. Same with MGS V. But Fallout kept my attention all day and I didn't log into Destiny at all.

So if I buy the glove exotic engram from Xur and I decode while I am at 301 light will it decode at 310 or 290?
Exotics will be 310 about 99.99999% of the time if you are level 311 or higher. Under that and you will most likely get a 290. But ive read some people getting 320+ exotics from trials silver or gold packages while lower 300 light. So you might want to get those bounties done for a shot.

Fallout 4 is definitely awesome. I was having some real burn out with Destiny. I tried uncharted and wasn't feeling it. Same with MGS V. But Fallout kept my attention all day and I didn't log into Destiny at all.
Completely agree. I've been feeling the Destiny fatigue as well so I'm taking some time away to play Fallout 4. I'll assuredly be back at some point because Destiny's gameplay is too much fun. Seven days strong so far.

Made my first foray into year 2 trials. I got a 315 Skyburners Annex from the silver package on my hunter with a pretty nice roll. I also got a decent machine gun from the gold package. My warlock wasn't so lucky. Nothing from the silver package and an OK pair of boots from the gold. Still have the titan left.

Ran my Hunter thru Trials and ended up completing the armor set (gloves dropped from one of the packages and the cloak dropped from the reward screen). Best drop though, was the pulse rifle... mine came with hidden hand.  Now to get used to the handling.

My warlock's run wasn't as good.  Gonna see about trying my titan tonight. 

BTW, anyone been able to pull more exotics from the silver package??? I got one from my first package, during the first Y2 trials and haven't gotten one since then.

No exotics for me yet...out of 5, but I mean I did two characters and got a 310 helmet, chest, and 308 chest and lower level boots...so I mean its better than most of the rewards except for raiding and you only need 3 people instead of 6. I forgot to pick up the bounties on my hunter run but we got chests so I wasnt too sore. I still need one full 10 game run if anyone is around late tonight or sunday morning and wants easy gear and to watch me die in stupid ways mostly from snipers.

Got all the silver/gold packages with my three characters this week in trials and still no exotic. Thats 0 for 18. Silver packages always have blue engram, gold packages had fusion rifle that ill never use, artifact that was garbage, and i got the ghost which i didnt have. I did manage to get the titan chest piece. Im not really bothered to get the other two chest pieces.

I got 2 out of 3 chests...we were just playing at the worst time I think every group had at least one flawless emblem and we were just casuals so it was a bloodbath...i think we won like one match or two out of 10. Just brutal...then to get an artifact was just icing on the poop cake lol...but overall I still think its worth it as long as you dont care about your k/d...looking forward to running IB hopefully we have enough people and the drops are really increased like they said. Last time was a disappointment.

I saved up all my marks and I have 4 bounties from trials saved that give more marks so I should have no trouble buying anything I dont get as a drop this time...I made it last time but could have used at least one more pulse rifle that thing was almost all anyone used in trials it seemed.

I'll do trials more if im on cause I'd like the hunter cape...but that requires wins :( 

I watched cart get it twice the bastid...

Last week was the first time I played Trials.  Don't even know what I got from the bounties.  This week I ran the bounties on my hunter.  Don't think we won more than 1-2 matches.  Got 313 Ahamkara Grasps.  

I think i have 3 bounties from trials done for the +25 marks. Is there anything that would screw me from using them after reset? Like if i use them after reset, will the trials bounties for next week be used already?

OOoh now you have me scared 7, but I dont think you can pick up the new bounties until friday...I did the same thing saved 4 25 mark bounties to use on iron banner stuff.

Modoru you did that to yourself. You now have to sign a 10 match contract to play with me LOL

OOoh now you have me scared 7, but I dont think you can pick up the new bounties until friday...I did the same thing saved 4 25 mark bounties to use on iron banner stuff.

Modoru you did that to yourself. You now have to sign a 10 match contract to play with me LOL
I don't think I'm ready for that level of commitment. :p

I actually just didn't wanna bother y'all afterwards lol.

Got my titan all the way thru to the Lighthouse, yay!

Not so great rewards though... best was the hand cannon at 312, which I infused into the pulse I got the other day (making it 311).

And since I had gotten the chest piece already from a prior package reward, getting it at 5 wins wasn't all that great.  That's still my only armor piece for the titan.

BTW, camping should be off the charts during this next Iron Banner.  Every 6v6 game mode I played this weekend (rift, clash, control) was full of campers.  Guess they were getting practice in for the real thing :roll: . 

The 10 kills/assists without dying might be harder in clash, thats my only worry. With control you know where people are going to go and what paths are used a lot. Clash is just all over the place, i think spawns might screw you over if people push too far. I bet this iron banner will be gauntlets (cos chest and helms are probably most wanted) along with some weapon other than sniper/shotty, cos those are the ones i would want the most. lol

Oh yeah I forgot tomorrow is Iron Banner. Maybe I'll pull myself away from Fallout long enough to put in a crazy amount of effort into Iron Banner only to receive rewards that aren't anywhere near worth it.

Come on 280 ghost shell!

trials can be so toxic sometimes, been 7-0 (with mercy intact) too many times this week just to be matched up with either super pro players or with laggy ass (cheaters?) and every time one after an other... I just want the emblem since I´m not interested at all in those guns (except from the pulse which I lready have), and Destiny seems to find a way to screw me every time I feel the the heat of mercury near my face :(

Edit: if anyone wants to give a serious run to make it up to the lighthouse let me know and I´ll be happy to join!

The 10 kills/assists without dying might be harder in clash, thats my only worry. With control you know where people are going to go and what paths are used a lot. Clash is just all over the place, i think spawns might screw you over if people push too far. I bet this iron banner will be gauntlets (cos chest and helms are probably most wanted) along with some weapon other than sniper/shotty, cos those are the ones i would want the most. lol
Normally, Clash is all over the place... you stalking the enemy and vice versa. But that's not what's been playing out anymore.

What I keep seeing more and more of is players camping their spawn side by burying themselves into any nook or crevice on the edge of the map and sniping out towards the pathways; usually 3-4 players doing this (saw a few people trying this sorta of strat in Trials too) ugh.

At least Control forced people to get out of their holes, which kept things moving. This has the potential to drag out matches to the time limit.

All game types are super campy lately. Before TTK I hardly ever had skirmish and clash games go to the time limit, but now I think that's how I finish the majority of those types I play. It's because of the shotgun changes. People used to just throw on a shotty and run around the map with it, but now that's less effective so they camp instead.

At least with clash, I won't spend 99% of the game yelling things like "Capture some fucking points!" Or "We have C, why the fuck are you retards trying to take A?!"

Was the 10 kills even a bounty last time? I cant remember.
Getting 10 kills without dying was only half of the bounty, dont remember what the other half was, but yeah they still have it.

At least with clash, I won't spend 99% of the game yelling things like "Capture some fucking points!" Or "We have C, why the fuck are you retards trying to take A?!"
Yeah now you can yell "we got them trapped in their spawn, why the fuck are you moving in closer, fuck now spawns are flipped you dumbass!"

All game types are super campy lately. Before TTK I hardly ever had skirmish and clash games go to the time limit, but now I think that's how I finish the majority of those types I play. It's because of the shotgun changes. People used to just throw on a shotty and run around the map with it, but now that's less effective so they camp instead.

Brutal... only maps that usually time out for me are the big maps like Skyshock, First Light and that large Mars map (can't think of the name right now, it's another vehicle map). And then there's the occasional Trials/Elimation round where players try to camp their way to a win.

But to each his own. I'd rather yell about questionable capping choices than deal with teammates who won't help flush out the roaches from their holes because they're roaches too.

from the patch notes: 

Raid: King's Fall

• Fixed an issue where the Daughters of Oryx death scream volume was too loud
bout damn time.

(on nightstalker) Re-enabled the talent node to provide three shots correctly
Whoo!

Fixed an issue where players were able to go out of environment during the Fallen S.A.B.E.R strike
fuck

Fixed an issue where the Daughters of Oryx death scream volume was too loud
Thank god.

that's about all I cared about, lol

They're also making crucible quests and bounties easier to complete... like getting 1 point for just participating in a featured playlist.

Bungie either sees us like 5 year olds who shouldn't be exposed to failure or they've set a trap to lure in fresh meat.

Won't be much longer before we're getting rewarded just for picking up the bounty. Participation trophy anyone???

They're also making crucible quests and bounties easier to complete... like getting 1 point for just participating in a featured playlist.

Bungie either sees us like 5 year olds who shouldn't be exposed to failure or they've set a trap to lure in fresh meat.

Won't be much longer before we're getting rewarded just for picking up the bounty. Participation trophy anyone???
I mean, I hardly play crucible to begin with, so this gives me a reason to even do those quests, lol.

I mean, I hardly play crucible to begin with, so this gives me a reason to even do those quests, lol.
But how many times have you not gone into a PvP match to find yourself surrounded with people that can't shoot even if it depended on their own life? At the rate that things are going in PvP it seems Rumble is the way to go if you want to win/loose knowing it was your own weight the reason why you did/didn't win =[

Side note: Fallout 4 rocks

But how many times have you not gone into a PvP match to find yourself surrounded with people that can't shoot even if it depended on their own life? At the rate that things are going in PvP it seems Rumble is the way to go if you want to win/loose knowing it was your own weight the reason why you did/didn't win =[

Side note: Fallout 4 rocks
I don't know, man. I seem to lie in that point where I'm good enough to get an awesome KD for like 3 rounds, then fail miserable for 6.

I have no indication of my skill level on pvp, tbh.

bread's done
Back