Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Played destiny yesterday and Sunday after not playing for a week. Had fun in trials but that's about all I played for like 8 hours between the two days lol. Love me some fire base Delphi.

One hard KF run and got absolute garbage.  All my drops were normal gear, save for one piece... which dropped at 311 :wall: .

Can't use any of it since I have nothing to infuse it into.  This just blows.

Ran IB afterwards and got to rank 1 1/2.  Looks like the 2500pt bounty is gonna be tricky for me to get, consistently.  Had plenty of 2k point games but never could do much better. Did get some purple gear rewards.  Nothing IB related but at least it looks like that is working better than before.

I already got the chest piece to drop for all three of my characters. I guess if you are rank 2 with one character, its account based, and even your rank 0 character can get drops due to another character being rank 2. Which is good. I played with my hunter for the first time today and got to rank 3 already. I got a 310 artifact from my rank 3 package. But its not total garbage. Its actually int/dis where my other one was int/str. Plus the new one gives me more dis than my old one gave me strength. So thats good.

Also if you saved one of your lyudmila-D pulse rifle orders, there is one with glass half full, counterbalance, and a stability perk that would be great for pvp. Havent tested it out though, but thats almost a perfect roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Destiny...Sat on my digital shelf for months after playing and looking early on....I'm looking to run some raids for gear...lmk if anyone is interested thx...rest216 psn

I already got the chest piece to drop for all three of my characters. I guess if you are rank 2 with one character, its account based, and even your rank 0 character can get drops due to another character being rank 2. Which is good. I played with my hunter for the first time today and got to rank 3 already. I got a 310 artifact from my rank 3 package. But its not total garbage. Its actually int/dis where my other one was int/str. Plus the new one gives me more dis than my old one gave me strength. So thats good.

Also if you saved one of your lyudmila-D pulse rifle orders, there is one with glass half full, counterbalance, and a stability perk that would be great for pvp. Havent tested it out though, but thats almost a perfect roll.
you are correct Seven, I got the chest to drop for my warlock at rank 1.

Yeah the three pulse rifles from this week had insane rolls, that suros PDX with full stability and counter balance is amazing!

during IB last night I saw something I never ever thought I would see

'Azazael13 is a Phantom'

Wasn't sniping, no super involved, had a HMG for the last 2 kills of it.

I had no clue I was even close to getting it, which is good because I am sure I would have gotten insidie my head and choked.  I died promptly after getting it, mostly because I had to go and save the video clip. 

I have been pleasently surprised by the way people are taking this IB.  I expected a lot of camping and no fighting, but every game I have had most of the team is moving together and fighting.

during IB last night I saw something I never ever thought I would see

'Azazael13 is a Phantom'

Wasn't sniping, no super involved, had a HMG for the last 2 kills of it.

I had no clue I was even close to getting it, which is good because I am sure I would have gotten insidie my head and choked. I died promptly after getting it, mostly because I had to go and save the video clip.

I have been pleasently surprised by the way people are taking this IB. I expected a lot of camping and no fighting, but every game I have had most of the team is moving together and fighting.
I got that medal during a trials match and had no idea what it was, never had one so it was really cool getting it!

Lucky you, I've seen a lot of camping in this IB whole teams camping small areas of a map (thanks god for HoS with explosive pire).

Apparently the rank 5 IB package gives a 310-320 ghost shell plus a random IB item at 310-320.
Really cos all i got was a 310 ghost shell that looked like it took 1 minute to design. I dont think i got anything besides that.

Here is a video i made of my awesome red bar iron banner of lag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdmA3wVWjs

Haha, damn RNGeezy.  Did another hard KF run and got sharded on the entire way except for a 317 shotty.  But that's only useful for pushing my Black Spindle up to 317 (not that it really needs it, been doing plenty damage at 315).  What I really need is a helmet for my titan :wall:

Its this BS that makes me want to say,  fuck  Bungie.  Star Wars and Halo are looking better and better.

Cranked my hunter up to rank 3 in IB and I got my first armor drop (chest at 300) and the R3 package DID give me a 310 artifact, but it was a blue.  Anyone get one like that or did I just get the poop-end of the stick.

BTW, there was no indicator that I had an IB package.  I just went to ol' Saladhead and the package popped up when I talked to him so... remember to talk to him as soon as you hit rank 3 (guessing the same goes for hitting rank 5)

I just read on my twitter TL that a few Destiny Year One exotics will be receiving power level upgrades for Year Two:

- Super Good Advice

- Mida Multi-Tool

- Plan C

- Dragon's Breath

- The Armamentarium

- Nothing Manacles

I think we all knew something like this was coming at some point.

Haha 7 are you always lagging? That shit was annoying so I payed for an upgrade in speed and it's been a lot better now. You'll never get rid of the lag but you will notice a huge difference. I don't know how you enjoy playing. With lag the game is unreal. That's why I never game with my Australian friends anymore. Playing with them causes so much lag for me if they host and vice versa.

Haha, damn RNGeezy. Did another hard KF run and got sharded on the entire way except for a 317 shotty. But that's only useful for pushing my Black Spindle up to 317 (not that it really needs it, been doing plenty damage at 315). What I really need is a helmet for my titan :wall:

Its this BS that makes me want to say, fuck Bungie. Star Wars and Halo are looking better and better.

Cranked my hunter up to rank 3 in IB and I got my first armor drop (chest at 300) and the R3 package DID give me a 310 artifact, but it was a blue. Anyone get one like that or did I just get the poop-end of the stick.

BTW, there was no indicator that I had an IB package. I just went to ol' Saladhead and the package popped up when I talked to him so... remember to talk to him as soon as you hit rank 3 (guessing the same goes for hitting rank 5)
Everyone got a 310 blue artifact from the rank 3 package. But even if yours was blue and everyone else got purple, it wouldn't really matter since it's still 310.

Cranked my hunter up to rank 3 in IB and I got my first armor drop (chest at 300) and the R3 package DID give me a 310 artifact, but it was a blue. Anyone get one like that or did I just get the poop-end of the stick.

BTW, there was no indicator that I had an IB package. I just went to ol' Saladhead and the package popped up when I talked to him so... remember to talk to him as soon as you hit rank 3 (guessing the same goes for hitting rank 5)
Everyone got a 310 blue artifact from the rank 3 package. But even if yours was blue and everyone else got purple, it wouldn't really matter since it's still 310.
Yeah, same here. I don't understand why they did this except I guess as a way for people to get a 310 artifact without doing the (super easy, at this point) Normal Raid. I hear the Rank 5 package can give out a 310+ item though. I ought to hit that tonight on my Warlock, then I can quick level my other two characters tomorrow hopefully.

I dont think I have a primary over 310 either...I just keep getting the crappy pistol from oryx and not even the black version.
Yeah no kidding. HM KF is really screwing me over on primaries and helmets. I've gotten one helmet (at 306) total over all my Normal and hard runs. I've done hard mode all the way through at least 8 times now. But worse than that, I've only gotten one 310+ primary from all those completions. At least that was a 319 Scout so that was nice. But I'd like to get a few more so I can level stuff like Red Death and Touch of Malice, not to mention a bunch of legendary weapons (Grasp of Malok for example), above 310.

Crota's End was much more generous with the hard mode weapons and this one should be the same given that you have to play the light level RNG/infusion game as well. All the duplicate Crota weapons just got crushed. Now that there's actually a use for duplicates I can't even get singles of most stuff.

This method sucks since the purples usually have more/better perks compared to the blues. So, now I'm left with infusing this blue into a good purple and in-turn lose some light levels in the process. Basically devalues one of the rewards people want from IB.

In the end it just means I'll have to do the quests to get the GOOD 310 artifact for my other toons (but I really didn't want too... ugh)

This method sucks since the purples usually have more/better perks compared to the blues. So, now I'm left with infusing this blue into a good purple and in-turn lose some light levels in the process. Basically devalues one of the rewards people want from IB.

In the end it just means I'll have to do the quests to get the GOOD 310 artifact for my other toons (but I really didn't want too... ugh)
The blue artifact I have has the same perk and better stats than my purple. Purple isn't always better than blue.

I just read on my twitter TL that a few Destiny Year One exotics will be receiving power level upgrades for Year Two:

- Super Good Advice

- Mida Multi-Tool

- Plan C

- Dragon's Breath

- The Armamentarium

- Nothing Manacles

I think we all knew something like this was coming at some point.
Nice to see the mida getting a y2 version. Also hope they add a perk to dragons breath to make it worth using, like maybe tracking. Nothing Manacles will have me using void walker again in pvp.

Haha 7 are you always lagging? That shit was annoying so I payed for an upgrade in speed and it's been a lot better now. You'll never get rid of the lag but you will notice a huge difference. I don't know how you enjoy playing. With lag the game is unreal. That's why I never game with my Australian friends anymore. Playing with them causes so much lag for me if they host and vice versa.
Yeah, its not always bad but id say more times than not its laggy. I really do need better internet. Trials isnt that bad usually. But iron banner really brings out the lag for me.

I double checked on my rank 5 packages. All 3 got 310 ghosts. Two also got the IB rocket launcher, one with tracking. My other character got a pretty nice fusion rifle with really good stability, impact, and it was 315.

Man, I was really hoping to get halfway through rank 3 today so I could just turn in these weeklies and be done with it. I'm so sick of getting sniped on every single map.

I'm fully convinced that Bungie is trying to make a game that's just 100% catered toward people who camp with sniper rifles. The weapon updates prove my theory is correct.

Man, I was really hoping to get halfway through rank 3 today so I could just turn in these weeklies and be done with it. I'm so sick of getting sniped on every single map.

I'm fully convinced that Bungie is trying to make a game that's just 100% catered toward people who camp with sniper rifles. The weapon updates prove my theory is correct.
That's exactly where this is going (and it's ridiculous)... It'll be funny when the game hits the point when both teams camp at their spawn trying to snipers.

The blue artifact I have has the same perk and better stats than my purple. Purple isn't always better than blue.
Yep. My blue was pretty much exactly the same as one of the purples I got from a Trials gold tier package (and by the way, fuck that!). Most items have more perk slots when they are legendary vs. rare but the artifact is not that way. These two have the exact same perk in fact.

I double checked on my rank 5 packages. All 3 got 310 ghosts. Two also got the IB rocket launcher, one with tracking. My other character got a pretty nice fusion rifle with really good stability, impact, and it was 315.
I got rank 5 on my Warlock and in addition to the 310 ghost shell I got a 319 Rocket Launcher! It doesn't have great perks, but considering that the HM Raid has never given me a heavy weapon that high I'll take it.

And then I was playing on my Titan afterwards to get him up to rank 5 and I got a 318 ghost shell as a regular match reward. That is insane as that is 4 better than anything the Raid has given me. I'm so glad I played IB this week. And I still have rank 5 to hit on my Titan and Hunter. Please, please, please game give me a helmet over 310 - I have yet to get one of those from the Raid and since IB is blessing me with stuff the Raid won't, maybe my luck will continue tomorrow ;). I swear I saw a Titan wearing the IB helm and since that hasn't been available yet I assume it came from a rank 5 package like that rocket launcher I got.

What exactly changed to make sniping so common now? I barely ever remember getting sniped in Iron Banner a few months back. Now it is constant. I blame Trials for it since that is what everyone does there (and did even in the last iteration). The shotgun nerf isn't enough on its own to cause this. I can still wreck people with Conspiracy Theory on certain maps (where I'm not getting sniped from 3 directions).

IDK...I think irene with luck in the chamber has brought out the final round club again...why am I awake?

Anyone want to do trials? We had 5 so when we split up last night I ended up not doing trials and instead somehow got roped into a useless normal mode raid. That shit is comically easy compared to the real thing at this point...people can screw up so much and you can still win. I was helping a buddy do it all the way through for the first time and he seemed so confused by everything.

Fusion rifles are completely shit. Shotguns will be completely shit if Bungie has their way. 1000 yard stare with the right roll makes it so easy to snipe. Then Eirene with LITC makes it easy to snipe for people who can hit headshots. But even that's getting nerfed with the next update.

The problem is, Bungie listens to the vocal minority too much and puts too much weight on their opinions. So Triplewreck says "I'm going to stop playing Destiny because I don't like Final Round snipers!" and Bungie changes it. Then the same thing happens with LITC, and now that's gone. Meanwhile the whole time there's complaining about shotguns, so Bungie is changing those. Then the rest of us who hate getting sniped and like that shotguns are a viable secondary weapon are fucked and have to learn to snipe if we want to compete.

But listen guys, Triplewreck wants us to use scout rifles and 1000 yard stare, so we better just start getting comfortable with those now since Bungie caters to top streamers rather than the majority player base.

Same thing for PVE is kinggothalion. Anything that dude has ever complained about has been changed by Bungie in a patch within a month or two.

I think youre exaggerating a bit. They are hitting shotguns too hard which I agree on. But litc snipers needed a fix badly. It enabled people who can't get a kill to have a lucky chance at a free bullshit kill.

If bungie did always listen to the community and top streamers then sunbreaker would of been nerfed awhile ago. Still waiting on their defense to be brought down 5 percent while in super.

The current situation of weapon balances (nerfs) is getting out of control, you can see what people whine about and you'd have an idea of what will be nerfed next... I'm just waiting to see how severely will the Titans be hit with the next update, if they do it right they'll just reduce the armor and if they follow the vocal minority (they usually do) they'll reduce armor, reduce super time and possibly remove cauterize.

Started up my titan for it's first run on IB this week and quickly hit rank 3. Maybe 1.5-2 hours total time. Then switched over to my warlock and got up to rank 2.5

Also ran my titan thru trials. Got the gloves and shotty. Nothing good from the packages though.

Bungie has never changed a node on the subclass tree through a patch and I don't see them starting to do that. I think cauterize will stay.
Yeah, I'm guessing they'll limit the number of hammers that can be thrown, kinda how golden gun gets limited to 3 shots (4 if you have the exotic).

Yeah i dont know why bungie gets rid of final round and then brings out luck in the chamber snipers, its the same damn thing, just random.
Exactly. It's ALWAYS worked as intended, so why change it now? Like, what did they expect?

Also I'm finding it hilarious how hard Autorifles were nerfed from vanilla, because we "overwhelmingly used them too much", which then turned into "lets keep slowly buffing auto rifles and nerfing everything else".

Bungie continues to prove they know fuck-all about weapon balancing, and just provides swinging flavor-of-the-xpac buffs to a specific weapon.

Oh, and while we're on the subject....i want to slap the person who thought it was smart to put "do bonus dmg to ______ enemy" perks on weapons that don't match the element of that _____ enemy. That shit was stupid in House of Wolves, and it's still stupid now.

Honestly, like 60% of the perks are garbage anyways.

FYI, I pulled a 320 ghost shell as an IB reward today! That was pretty awesome. So that is 6 light better than anything the hard mode Raid ever deemed to give me.

The artifact I got today on my Hunter is actually considerably better than the legendary I got from that quest. It has 8 total more stat points than the legendary and a similar (if not exactly the same) perk. As an added bonus, the rares level up much faster so I was able to max it out really quickly. I don't have a comparable artifact even at lower levels so I'm just going to use that until I get a better one.

On my Titan the 310 one from the quest was pretty bad, too, but the IB one wasn't any better. So there I made use of the 305 artifact I got from Trials and leveled up my 300 artifact (from Eris way back in the day) to 305 and then to 310 using the IB one. So now I have a nice Int/Disc, high-stat artifact at 310. So despite me initially thinking the 310 blue artifacts were useless, I've found a use for both of those so far.

So for the rank 5 packages, you get a 310 ghost in each one. On my first one I also got the IB rocket launcher at 319. But for my second I didn't get anything extra. That was somewhat disappointing. Is the extra drop only a one per account thing, or was it just a totally lucky drop in the first place? I still have one more character to get to rank 5 so I'll see what happens there - I'm expecting to get nothing besides the ghost.

You were totally lucky on that IB Rocket Launcher drop. I ONLY received the 310 artifact @ rank 3, and 310 ghost @ rank 5, for each of my 3 characters.

Very jealous :p (though i did get a 320 Ghost Shell as a post-game drop).

From what I understand everybody is supposed to get something extra out of the rank 5 package, but it's apparently glitched for  some people where the second item doesn't show up immediately. Most people have been saying it will pop once you go to orbit, but I've read comments from people saying it didn't pop up for quite a while afterwards for them.

Ran all three characters to rank 5 in IB.  Got the shotgun at 316 on my Hunter, the sniper at 319 on my Titan and the boots at 320 on my Warlock.  I'm happy with my haul as I got the 320 ghost as a drop.

From what I understand everybody is supposed to get something extra out of the rank 5 package, but it's apparently glitched for some people where the second item doesn't show up immediately. Most people have been saying it will pop once you go to orbit, but I've read comments from people saying it didn't pop up for quite a while afterwards for them.
When I logged back in on my Hunter and Warlock, I ended up getting boots for both. One at 317 (which was a big jump over my 308 Raid boots) and the other at 313 (which was worse than my HM raid boots). So, eh, that was OK - helm or primary would have been better since the Raid refuses to give me those. I'm still most excited over the 320 ghost. I feel like playing more tonight just to farm for ghosts so I can level up some of my other shells.

I did a Trials run for the bounties and got a load of crap (nothing from Silver, and from gold a 310 artifact that has worse stats than the blue one I got from IB). If only Iron Banner was ever week and that Trials crap was every 3-4 weeks ;).

I'm all set for the next IB though as I have 2 weekly bounties complete and saved for next time on each character. Redeeming those on the weekend nets you a full rank just by themselves.

Man i was hoping to get a titan chest piece to drop with arc armor, and maybe gauntlets with shotgun or sniper reload. Played all day and got around 5 ghosts, a hand cannon, and a machine gun. Cant get any armor to drop. Kind of wonder if being rank 5 is too high to get the armor to drop anymore.

also here is a short clip or random stuff, mostly lag. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCV2xsgMfx0

I made a cameo :)

I wish I could get a 320 anything...

I finished two sets of armor on my titan though (iron banner and trials) but the perks could use some work...

finally got some gloves with shotgun reload, int/dis, yesssss. Now hope i can get the chest piece with arc armor, would be a bonus with carry more shotgun ammo too. Got a lot of ghosts throughout this iron banner but none were higher than the raid ones i use, 317-319.

I dont care much about shotgun ammo cause the only one I really use is invective right now...Is there one you can buy that is worth it or do I have to hope for a drop of the perfect shotty?

I wish i could refer a friend but all my friends already have destiny. And i read that trying to use an alternate account on the same PS4/Xbox One wont work because the account needs to own the game. Not sure if its possible to rent the hard disk copy of TTK, i never rent games. How do we cheese this?

There might be a sale on destiny during black friday. I have a plan to sit in the cosmodrome and wait for a noob to pop in and then send him messages trying to get him to be my friend. Kind of creepy, but if thats the way bungie wants to play it.

bread's done
Back