Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Yep shotguns, fusion, and sidearms are near useless in crucible without perfect rolls, so everyone just snipes. Two games I played, I didn't get killed by a single primary, it was snipers only. People aren't even using them right anymore. You'll get sniped close range and then they just melee to finish you off.

One Nightfall gave me a Fall 2015 Emote Mystery Bag. I ended up with Evil Scheme. It's creepy.
Damn, sparrows and emotes!? I'm getting on ASAP to finish my other two Nightfalls. Of course the first one netted me a 298 Hung Jury with crappy perks...

Yeah I did one nightfall and got the arc burner sparrow. It's pretty cool. My warlock loves it with his devouring maw helm and impossible machine arms. Im lightning man

There was a video that showed a guy get hammer it up emote from the lighthouse chest!

Ghosts drop way too damn much. I got one in trials last week from gold package, i got one from nightfall this week, and two of three weekly crucible bounties turned into ghosts. Wouldnt be bad if they were 320, but they are always under 310 so they are useless.

Last night i was trying to see if i could get a legendary chest piece for my warlock with arc armor and maybe sniper or shotgun ammo. I got a legendary chest engram to drop and was excited. Then i turned it in and got a voidfang vestments. fuck!

Damn, sparrows and emotes!? I'm getting on ASAP to finish my other two Nightfalls. Of course the first one netted me a 298 Hung Jury with crappy perks...
Let me know if you ever want some Nightfall company. I'm on your list from way back in the PS3 days. :)

Also, I'm pretty excited that I finally got something new for me - a Year 2 chest from an exotic engram last night from the Strike playlist. Twilight Garrison. Much better than all the Alpha Lupis I kept getting dismantling. And, the Tactical Air thing gives my titan something funny-looking to do in reply to playful shadestepping hunters.

Last edited by a moderator:
One oryx challenge done and got the primary, no helmet.

Went for a 2nd completion, but had a few too many hang ups.

In the end, this reminds me a lot of the Atheon/Crota fights in that it's not very difficult but the damn instability/glitches cause most issues.

Anyone else have Bungie bug/lag issues with the Oryx challenge? I cleared it twice last night but really we made at least 8 flawless runs only to have him pop up with (just over) a sliver of health because something didn't count even though all 4 bombs were stacked up and we saw everyone's name pop 4 times each. It's like Crota and the disappearing sword all over again.
Yes, whole bunch of weird stuff happening in the challenge last night... worst one occurred when we had our 16 blights, go to detonate them and my 4 don't detonate. I wasn't gonna leave until they went off, but they never did.

Then, when you looked at Oryx's health bar it only went down to half, when it should have at least been down to 25% (since 12 blights were detonated). Summary screen even confirmed that 12 were detonated.

And that's not even bringing up the teleporting ogres and knights

Yup, friend got the sparrow toolkit from a NF run and I got the Emote grab bag from another. BTW, the emote was just a "rare", not legendary.

On my third Nightfall I got a Racing package! I got the Solscout which isn't one I'd have picked, but I'll take it as a bonus. I also got the solar Flayer cloak so that was a pretty damn awesome Nightfall. Then I helped someone else with it again later and got the Arc cloak - so now I have all 3.

Ghosts drop way too damn much. I got one in trials last week from gold package, i got one from nightfall this week, and two of three weekly crucible bounties turned into ghosts. Wouldnt be bad if they were 320, but they are always under 310 so they are useless.
I got a lot of high level ghosts for infusion from Iron Banner. I'd love a Trials ghost, bur Trials trolls me hard. I've gotten 4 artifacts from 8 gold tier packages. I really want armor (or that ghost), but, no, it gives me utterly useless 304 artifacts :roll:.

Let me know if you ever want some Nightfall company. I'm on your list from way back in the PS3 days. :)
FYI - I play Destiny on Xbox One. I just post here too ;). I would have gotten it for the PS4 but my son only plays on the X1 and I got it originally for him. But as soon as I started playing it (and getting addicted to it) he quit. He hasn't played since like the initial Queen's Guard event. That was way back when!

One oryx challenge done and got the primary, no helmet.

Went for a 2nd completion, but had a few too many hang ups.

In the end, this reminds me a lot of the Atheon/Crota fights in that it's not very difficult but the damn instability/glitches cause most issues.
Yep... But last night at least we cleared it first time we got to the end, so that was nice. I ended up getting all 3 done this week and got 3 primaries which is perfect. I didn't want a helmet since I know I can pull high level ones from SRL. In fact, once I hit rank 3 last night I got 313, 318, and 319 ones within about 10 races. I only had two helms over 310 prior to that and they were 313 and 314.

Is anyone else not super big on SRL?  It's cool, don't get me wrong, but it's sort of... boring?  I find the only motivation to play it is the 320 helmets or cool looking sparrows.  The actual racing just makes me yawn and want to go play Mario Kart or Wipeout since they are infinitely better.

Maybe that's why it is a 3 week event...  Is it a lot more fun with people you know?  With randoms it was a slog and I couldn't wait for each race to end.  Also, people seem to be either obscenely good or really bad with very little in between.  Most of my races I'm in second place with a guy almost lapping us, while 2/3 of us are fairly close to each other, and other guys barely move from the start.

Is anyone else not super big on SRL? It's cool, don't get me wrong, but it's sort of... boring? I find the only motivation to play it is the 320 helmets or cool looking sparrows. The actual racing just makes me yawn and want to go play Mario Kart or Wipeout since they are infinitely better.

Maybe that's why it is a 3 week event... Is it a lot more fun with people you know? With randoms it was a slog and I couldn't wait for each race to end. Also, people seem to be either obscenely good or really bad with very little in between. Most of my races I'm in second place with a guy almost lapping us, while 2/3 of us are fairly close to each other, and other guys barely move from the start.
Yea it is pretty boring. I'm just after the shaders and maybe a sparrow or two. I did actually play for maybe an hour of SRL the other evening cause I was trying to match with bungie for that bungie emblem but didn't get lucky.

Another Oryx challenge done and got the hard raid helmet at 320.  Now I get to rock the cool kid's shader :cool: .

Also pulled a 317 pulse with firefly.  My old pulse was a normal mode drop with Glass Half Full, so it'll be interesting to see which one I end up liking more.

Third run ended in failure.  Just seem to have worse luck when going for another kill, when we already did it once earlier.  Another case of it shoulda been done if not for the glitches.

And I guess I'm really behind on SRL, cuz I can no longer keep up using my current gear.  Looks like I'm only gonna get my S license by boosting it with friends.

I don't think the gear helps much. I level up the stuff with no light and scrap it for marks. The only SRL armor pieces I wear during races are a helmet and class item that dropped, solely due to them being my highest light items in those categories. And I still do well and win races.

Last night i used No Land Beyond and Conspiracy Theory-D in trials and it was fun. Jimmy, Jem, and I went 6-3 on our card, i think thats the best that our trio has done so far. Last week we were lucky to win 1 game per card, but i still think it was due to the shitty map. I wasnt looking forward to Frontier last night but its a pretty good map for trails. Ended up getting the machine gun from the gold package. I keep hoping for the sniper but so far still havent gotten it.

All i want for Christmas is the Twilight Garrison and better internet, i dont think ill get either. :(

My Titan finished Destiny. Bask in its 320 glory.
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
(In my best nerd voice) - Your Intellect/Discipline/Strength stats are absolutely horrible. And you don't (snorty laughter)... even (more snorts)... have any exotic armor equipped... FAIL!

Don't mind me, I'm still salty from from 3rd Oryx run :wall:

(In my best nerd voice) - Your Intellect/Discipline/Strength stats are absolutely horrible. And you don't (snorty laughter)... even (more snorts)... have any exotic armor equipped... FAIL!

You are right. What a gross titan. :puke: :oops:

:booty:

Sarcasm BTW

Haha. 7th said the same thing. Only 2 of the pieces of armor are upgraded (1 more can be upgraded fully but I'm lazy). A lot of it was newer or Ive been wearing other armor to upgrade (exotic chest/helmet/etc). I didn't feel like spamming my motes to upgrade the armor. Once I have some spare 320 armor pieces I'll upgrade an exotic to 320....they are hard to comeby these days.

Today was my first shot at Oryx on hard. I had only gotten the kill on normal and did the first parts of the raid on hard, but never daughters or Oryx.

We came close but failed this morning and evening. If someone died, I was unable to take over their role due to not knowing what the fuck I was doing. And the times when we all did most everything right, the game screwed us with glitching ogres or people being killed upon returning from the shadow realm.

But I got the challenge mode thing done on all characters and raised my Titan from 310 overall to 315 & 9/10, so I am very happy with the outcome even if Oryx wasn't slain. Thanks again, Gangsta Squad.

What are all of you regularly using as your primary? I always used Hawkmoon for PvE and PvP, but currently I'm on a pulse rifle kick (Red Death and Bad Juju). I just started the quest for No Time To Explain a few days ago.

I pretty much stick to scouts. Mida for PvP, Hung Jury for PvE with the exception of Daughters and Oryx where I go with Malice.

Doctrine of passing is probably the best legendary primary for close quarters. It's an auto rifle. I also run eyasluna, nirwens, red death. Most people are now running mida, last word, and thorn since that's the new meta.

Jem, Matt, and I went 6-0 today in trials. Then we eventually had to get a new card before we got another win. But it was well beyond our expectations. Second character didnt go as well. Gold packages got me the auto rifle and scout rifle again! Jem ended up getting the sniper i wanted. Trials refuses to give me that damn sniper.

I did get a 320 helmet and 320 class item from racing today though.

Thorn isn't used in actual competitive multiplayer games like Iron Banner or Trials, unless someone is just dicking around. Actually you very rarely see it at all anymore. It's nowhere near as much of a pain in the ass that it used to be.

How's everyone doing with Laggy Banana drops???

My rank 5 rewards for all three toons dropped ghost shells, 316 being the highest drop.  NO armors, NO weapons

Helmets- total of 5 over all my playing (3 titan, 1 hunter, 1 warlock)

Auto Rifle-2 drops, with perks worse than the vendor version

Shotgun-1 drop, garbage perks

Class items-3 total, only on my hunter

Overall, really butt experience. 

I've only gotten one Camelot item, which was the warlock helm.  And that sucker didn't drop until after I had hit rank 5 & bought the vendor version...smh.  Big let down from the previous IB, at least for me anyway

Hardly anything dropping at all...

Warlock at 5 got no drops at all bought two helmets - package was a dress with worse/level stats than the one I have.

Titan at 5 got two helmet drops of the helmet I got from my package last time with worse stats and level and an auto rifle with icarus, bought the psn exclusive helm - package was a chest with worse level/stats than the one I have.

Hunter at level 4+ got one helmet drop and bought the other...package after I do like one bounty tonight...if psn comes back up. I kind of hope I get the psn exclusive cape because if not I'll have to play IB again on this character...I hate the wolf cape.

I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I can't turn in my completed weekly bounties today. All 3 characters are sitting at Rank 3.5 with the weekly bounties done or darn close. All 3 will be rank 5 if PSN comes back online. I want my disappointing Rank 5 packages!!!

PSN exclusive items must be rare. I know Jimmy has the hunter and titan class items. But ive only seen 1 hunter cloak drop in all my games this week, luckly i got it and it was int/dis. Ive gotten helmets, shotguns, regular class items. None of the shotguns were any good. But i have conspiracy theory so its okay. My rank 5 packages were warlock boots, fusion, and hand cannon. This game refuses to give me snipers. I wanted either a trials or IB one and still nothing.

I used the IB one for all my secondary kills for the bounty on my titan...it shoots fast and is stable as a trade off for low impact. I got it from my rank 5 last time.

Its looking like we are all boned if we didnt finish yesterday...guess I should have stayed online last night.

Damn. I got my Warlock and Titan to rank 5, but I was going to finish getting my Hunter (rank 4) there later tonight.

This has been kind of lame IB event this go around. I ended up with 313 Boots for my Warlock and a 316 Fusion Rifle with my Titan for reaching rank 5. I received a total of 3 helmets (2 warlock / 1 Titan & nothing above 293), 7 Ghosts (highest was 314), and 4 Haakon's Hatchets (nothing above 290 & mostly poor stats) in all of the games I played. I didn't get any class armors this time either.

I got sniper with hidden hand ambush and shotgaze but no good stability berks, fusión with crap perks and scout with gand laid stock and guerrilla fighter, I also got an auto with couter balance, persistence and rifled barrell (better range) and the unter cloak with int/dis... Still no good shotgun or 320 ghost

Looks like we may be SOL. Guess I'll hold all these finished weekly bounties until next IB. I did get a few helms and an auto rifle with good perks. Wanted to grab the PSN exclusive Titan Helm before IB went away (since it didn't drop for me). Guess I won't have the chance :(

I got a 320 hand cannon, a 317 hand cannon, and 311 gloves from my packages on Sunday. Just got done playing for an hour or 2. I was hoping to get the auto with a decent roll. I got one to drop, but it was terrible. I think I only got 4 drops total this time around and they were all trash.

they need to fix the loot and make the stuff at least 315+ I only have one primary over 310 and thats with plenty of raid completions and IB rank 5 packages and trials runs...I'm not wasting so much time on this game in 2016 unless something changes.

yeah im getting kind of bored. i dont even feel like doing oryx challenge this week just because it can be a bitch and possibly not worth the trouble. i have enough 315+ helmets, and im not even sure its really worth getting to 320, when you know the next expansion is just going to offer 320 stuff from vendors and all the stuff you worked months to get will be useless, unless they keep the infusion thing around. I only play to make complete armor sets now with perks i like. Also still trying to get twilight garrison, and either IB or Trials sniper. I do enjoy trials, i think i like the 3v3 modes more than the hectic, spawn flipping, rush to your death 6v6 modes.

Im also 9 strikes away from dead orbit exotic cape for my hunter so i might do that soon. Also missing Titan FWC butt rag, and New Monarchy Warlock bond. Still need 18 salvage wins, and 48 rumble wins for the only grimoire im missing.

bread's done
Back