Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Haha yeah, the double RNG system Bungo implemented has really sucked the fun out the whole game.

I'm only running raids for the challenge mode in that particular week.  I sometimes help others out with their raid teams or occasionally finish a full raid run, but TTK is nothing like the way I used to run VoG.  Don't feel like doing anything past the guaranteed 320 drops.

Mighta hated getting stiffed by RNG during those VoG runs, but at least when something DID drop you knew it was the same beast that everyone else got (for the most part).  Now, every drop is anticlimactic.

PoE at least gave us the option to re-roll gear as as to counteract that mess of an RNG system.

IB was a big disappointment for my 2 titans and hunter. Highest items - 318 hand cannon and 319 ghost. SRL gave better.

I got the Dead Orbit exotic towel for my main titan a few weeks ago and I'm pretty meh about it as it doesn't look as nice as other towels. Only cool thing is you can wear that exotic with another exotic. I had 2 people ask me if I hacked it.

Once I finish with my CAG RAF, I'm done with the game, too. Seeing my CAG RAF start dancing after he equipped his very first shader (the RAF one) totally made my day though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished my 2nd and 3rd Oryx kills last night and got a whole bunch of primaries.

-2 hand cannons at 320

-4 other primaries at 311, 315, 316, 317

Decided to max out my Touch of Malice.  It was already 317, so said F it and it's now 320. Don't plan on increasing any other PvE primary guns since I don't really need the increased level for those guns or activities.

The rest will probably go into a primary I use for PvP, just debating which one.  Rely mostly on my trials pulse but tired of using it.  Want to switch things up but haven't quite found a good replacement.  Have a nice Red Spectre and NL Shadow, but those are more situational use, for certain maps, where the pulse feels good on any map.  Haakon's Hatchet has been interesting too, so maybe I'll increase that.

After getting one from IB and 3 from Oryx I am now sitting on 4 320 primaries. I already have Mida's at 320 from the last Oryx challenge week. I can't decide what I want to use them on.

Hello, I'm recently returning from a long break and and upgrading from PS3.  I just hit level 30 with full raid gear when I left.  Im in the mid 30s now, about to start the new Taken King content.  I'm looking for a couple friends to play PvP and Raid with, as most of my friends are either still on PS3 or not playing Destiny anymore.

I would like to run Crota's End tonight in a couple hours, if possible. I just need some new cool friends. My PSN is Prostate_Punch 

Hello, I'm recently returning from a long break and and upgrading from PS3. I just hit level 30 with full raid gear when I left. Im in the mid 30s now, about to start the new Taken King content. I'm looking for a couple friends to play PvP and Raid with, as most of my friends are either still on PS3 or not playing Destiny anymore.

I would like to run Crota's End tonight in a couple hours, if possible. I just need some new cool friends. My PSN is Prostate_Punch
Want to be my refer a friend?

So... I dusted off my Thorn and used it a few times over the weekend.

It started off as a joke, like a prank match; just to mess around.  Freakin' hilarious to see the way people reacted.  They didn't know what to do.  I'd hit them and they were sorta in shock.  Later, I'd hit them once and they would take off running for cover.  All the BS campy-snipers had to switch to their primaries, lol.

I guess the counter to the current  pvp meta is Thorn...all the Thorns :lol:

All they used in this weekends tournament was thorn. Its the go to gun. Nothing else can compete since it just too good all around. Of course in tournaments level doesnt matter at all. It was fun watching them all play for those 1K prizes.

Thorn is still useful? I thought it got nerfed. Sorry, I've been gone from the game for like 6 months
Useful in regular pvp fights since level doesn't matter. Also very fun to use at the moment since people don't know how to react to it, lol. Absolutely puts campy-snipers on the hot seat.

you hit him with like 3 bullets before it even registered...its more like you are fighting lag instead of other people.
Yeah my reticle never leaves his body, yet i only see numbers 2 or 3 times. Most of my bullets didnt register, and then he kills me through a wall. No surprise he is on the top of his team.

Did some grinding for the Grasp of Malok.

Man... that is agonizingly BRUTAL!  Stopped around the 8th kill

I did plenty of grinding to get a Hopscotch, back in the day.  But this feels sooo much worse, lol.

We went in with 2 shadowshots and 3 Gallys, plenty to take her down.  The heavy synth cooldown just ruins it all.  How are you guys doing it???

BTW, no purple drops, ugh.

Someone informed me that handcannons are fixed, and first curse was fixed?

From the past few posts I can tell the former is true, but what about the latter?

Yeah my reticle never leaves his body, yet i only see numbers 2 or 3 times. Most of my bullets didnt register, and then he kills me through a wall. No surprise he is on the top of his team.
I wouldnt trust any of your gunfights until you get that red bar fixed. When we play it looks like youre blinking everywhere lol. :razz:

About 20 more Omnigul kills last night and all I got was one bond. My buddy got one malok, with really $h1tt-ee perks.

At least we got a better system down.  May not be the most efficient, but it's more enjoyable.

Got my first Malok last night... and with a pretty decent roll (Headseeker, smallbore, grenadier and red dot oes sights).  Dropped around the 40th Omnigul kill.

My buddy also got another, better than the first one he got (same sights as mine, braced frame and 3rd eye). This second one dropped around the 30th kill for him.

I've only run a few matches with it but it really does feel like Hopscotch 2.0, only with a faster rate of fire.  I've got all the range and accuracy I used to have, before the weapon patch.  This is great to counter all the mida-minions that are out there now..  Pretty stoked... even went ahead and leveled it up to 317

Guys, don't worry, TripleWreck posted a video about how Destiny is dead and he's going to stop playing, so expect a new content announcement from Bungie any day now. And I'm sure fixes to all the stuff he mentions.

He had a lot of good points. It just sucks that Bungie ignores issues until these big streamers start complaining.

There needs to be something more than a random week long event every two months to keep players around.

Sheeeet its too late really. We cant even get enough people to do challenge mode on tuesday barely and anything we didnt finish that night you can forget about. Its a bummer cause its a fun game but you cant do any end game stuff alone...

Destiny 2 coming spring of 2017, see you then.

Actually i might play a little Destiny depending on what this Crimson event is, and what rewards there are. Also might boot it up on monday, because i have some iron banner bounties already completed and i can maybe get a package or two by turning them in. Other than that i have no interest in playing it anymore, at least for the time being. Just finished getting platinum in LA Noire. I have a few games that ive been waiting to play for a while just sitting here. The Order 1886, TLOU Remastered, Walking Dead season 1 and 2, Assassins Creed Freedom Cry, Guacamelee, etc. Im really missing out of other game experiences by sitting in destiny grinding and doing the same thing over and over for what? Stuff that wont matter when the next big update comes? Honestly its not even fun anymore, i just played for the rewards that 9 times out of 10 sucked.

^ I completely agree. I find it a struggle to do anything beyond some PvP on occasion. I might play some IB this upcoming week but with the game being RIFT then again maybe not. 

It's kind of amazing they had such poor planning for content in year 2. I find it hard to believe they even had a 5-year plan and it just seems like they've been winging it. Pity because it is a fun game.

You arent joking, 10 year plan, but only figured out the first year of content. WTF. These events that last a week or two arent going to keep people around. They are fun for those who are already playing the game, but its not good enough content to bring people back. I think they should do a few fixes to the game (fix melee, connection matchmaking instead of skill based, etc.) and then ditch Destiny as it is. Let those who enjoy it keep playing it. But spend all your resources on Destiny 2. Especially on making the PVP more stable.

Iron Banner rift has been aweful, but here is one highlight that i had. Joined a losing team, dunked the spark 4 times in a row to win the game in under 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AEQhVH9C8

Been playing for a while hit me up if anyone needs some help or an extra on nightfall, raid, or Osiris.   Normally on evening, 302 hunter, 300 titan, 299 warlock.

IGN metooyou just add me.  

Not much talk about the yesterday's announcement, but here are the quick highlights:

-spring update brings pve content and an increased level cap

-should get another big update by the end of the year

-Destiny 2.0 should drop in 2017

This was in the earnings report for Acti-Bliz and Bungie also released an update talking about the same.

BTW, did my first Crimson doubles last night.  Finished the bounties and pretty meh on the whole thing.

Racing may have been boring, but it was dropping tons of high-level helmets for me.  This isn't dropping enough high-level loot.

Speaking of Crimson loot, Bungie just said that anyone who completes 7 matches will get a 320 ghost shell after the event is over.
Is that one per account or per character? I've been out of town and dread trying to play Crimson Doubles now - but if I can get a 320 ghost on each character just by completing 7 matches I'll do that for each one.

Also, what do the bounties give you for rewards?

One per account. Bounties replace shaxxs stuff so you get the same type of rewards.
So the ones that say "legendary item" are going to be like 295 Crucible weapons and armor? And then the one "weekly" unknown reward one would be like the Nightfall-quality weekly crucible reward (usually a stupid 295 ghost shell ;)). Or is it all Crimson themed stuff instead? Or does that only come from the drops?

And thanks for the one-per-account info. Then I won't waste time on another character, especially if the bounty rewards are crap!

Yeah, what little themed stuff there is can only be obtained as postgame rewards. The legendary rewards you get from 5 of the 6 bounties are just regular legendary engrams.

bread's done
Back