Destiny the Taken King Legendary Edition - $19.99 All Platforms TRU + Free Shipping

bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvf2cAIUtk

Good price for those of you who did not play it already, or want to get in cheap before Rise of Iron. You have 1 month to get the Year 2 Triumphs Awards.

Ps4

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659806&cp=&parentPage=search

X1

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659796&ab=TRU:tproduct_rr:Customers%20Also%20Liked:1

Amazon PM

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Taken-King-Legendary-Xbox-One/dp/B00ZJ211Q6/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1471136725&sr=1-1&keywords=taken+king

NOTE LEGACY CONSOLE USERS: You cannot play Rise of Iron without PS4 or X1 so you will be locked to these expansions.

PS3

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659846&cp=&parentPage=search

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66659836&cp=&parentPage=search

Also lets get this comment out of the way: yes people still play this move on please.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am kinda mad. I mean this has been one confusing game. I bought the special collectors now you have to buy more.

Which collectors edition did you buy? The original one with the ghost?
They've had a couple of expansions since then. For $20, this gives you everything up to date, which is a tremendous deal.

I gave up on Destiny after a few weeks in year one, but The Taken King more than made up for it. It is a completely different game now and there is a ton to do. I'm glad a gave it a second chance, I just checked and I'm closing in on 2000 hours of playtime.

Man is really tempting,I loved Destiny on PS4 and I recently switched back to Xbox One and I need to buy it again, the only thing is the rumored Destiny The Compete Edition that was leaked, if it wasn't for that I would be all over this, but I think ill wait and see what becomes of that

I'm wondering this as well, I wish they would confirm or deny it so I can get this lol
Do you have Prime? If you get this you could complete some of the triumph goals for year 2 and then pick up the new dlc for $30. It'll be like $50, but if you have Prime and they do a "complete" edition, it will probably be $47.99 after the 20% discount. I'm sure it will involved heavy downloads either way

I'm wondering this as well, I wish they would confirm or deny it so I can get this lol
So I finally found this article about the collection you are talking about dont know why any of news sites I visit did not cover it.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/28/destiny-collection-listed-on-amazon-for-ps4-xbox-one/

I assume IF it is a real thing and not an amazon goof we will hear about its release this upcoming week at Gamescom. I just hope if it turns out to be real we get a repeat of last year Target/Amazon trade in promo where I was able to flip my copy of TTK back and end up paying like $10 for the DLC plus the day 1 shirt that Best Buy was giving out.

But its also possible that Amazon and Target learned from their mistake and wont offer that again. Or it really was a goof. In which case if I were you guys and did not have the TTK DLC at all I would buy this before price changes and just sit on it for the week. If they announce its and easy return, if not you have TTK at least.

So I finally found this article about the collection you are talking about dont know why any of news sites I visit did not cover it.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/28/destiny-collection-listed-on-amazon-for-ps4-xbox-one/

I assume IF it is a real thing and not an amazon goof we will hear about its release this upcoming week at Gamescom. I just hope if it turns out to be real we get a repeat of last year Target/Amazon trade in promo where I was able to flip my copy of TTK back and end up paying like $10 for the DLC plus the day 1 shirt that Best Buy was giving out.

But its also possible that Amazon and Target learned from their mistake and wont offer that again. Or it really was a goof. In which case if I were you guys and did not have the TTK DLC at all I would buy this before price changes and just sit on it for the week. If they announce its and easy return, if not you have TTK at least.
I didn't think of that...I'll just buy it now and not open it till after gamecom

Someone on the Destiny Reddit found it for 9.99 at a Meijers in Ohio.
Might be worth checking out.

Edit-Whoops, didn't see that, someone on here already found it.

I hope the Rise of Iron is on sale sometime after launch because at $30, that's a bit high. That or Live/PSN cards can be on sale, too. For $10 or $20, this is a good deal. Too bad, The Taken King, by itself isn't as cheap.

I hope the Rise of Iron is on sale sometime after launch because at $30, that's a bit high. That or Live/PSN cards can be on sale, too. For $10 or $20, this is a good deal. Too bad, The Taken King, by itself isn't as cheap.
IF*** its like last year and they do announce a Destiny Collection on Tuesday with all content for $50, and you have BBY GCU or Amazon prime, that will take 20% off making it $40 for all, and hypothetically if its again like last year can even trade in the the collection version for $27-30 and make it $10-13 for all.

So, if I buy the Xbox One version, and somehow find the time to complete all the achievements, will progress transfer for the 360 version so I can unlock all of the achievements there.  I know the answer is yes, right now.  But what about when Bungie kills support for the 360?

Well, well, well. I was waiting to hear back from a friend to see if we should jump on Taken King for $20 but this changes things. Guess I'll hold off unless Best Buy matches the $20 TTK price and I can get it for $16 with GCU. I played a few hours of the base game on 360 when it came out 2 years ago, but otherwise I'm coming in fresh. I expect we'll hear more about the Collection tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see the trailer and press release are already out there. Looks like a good package for anyone who can get the 20% off at retail at BB or Amazon.

What ever happened to that GOTY/Complete edition that was outed by Amazon?
This is it, there is no new release for Rise of Iron, its Digital release only.

I am hoping there will be a preorder Digital sale but unlikely.
Can I quote you on that? Lmao. This is Activision. Money is king

Do you have Prime? If you get this you could complete some of the triumph goals for year 2 and then pick up the new dlc for $30. It'll be like $50, but if you have Prime and they do a "complete" edition, it will probably be $47.99 after the 20% discount. I'm sure it will involved heavy downloads either way
I have a 20% off coupon for PSN purchases, so it's better to just purchase this last dlc for $24...unless they package the codes separately and I can sell the Taken King to someone that needs it. There's always the chance of a price match/free something offer @ BB

So, if I buy the Xbox One version, and somehow find the time to complete all the achievements, will progress transfer for the 360 version so I can unlock all of the achievements there. I know the answer is yes, right now. But what about when Bungie kills support for the 360?
They killed support at the start of the month. Supposedly progress no longer transfers between 360 and Xbone/PS3 and PS4.

So at face value

$60, so cheaper as of right now to just buy TTK for $20+$30 for Rise of Iron = $50 (if no GCU or amazon prime)

$48 with GCU/Prime (assuming no $10 cert)

For face value IF there is trade in offered say $30 its $30 for all DLC, with GCU/Prime $18 (TIV could be higher or lower etc)

Personally if there is a TIV at all, and if BBY offers a shirt again this year, I will buy it for instore pick up day 1.

If not I can always preorder day before release to get goodies from PSN (we should know day before release if there will be a TIV at least on amazon)

I did see this on amazon page

• Level 40 Character Boost
Wonder if that is also included if you buy just DLC, be nice so I can get a level 40 titan. I already used my boost from TTK release on a hunter and I am playing warlock as my main.

Glad it's official now,I think I'll just stick to the Taken King I got yesterday for $14,$44 is ok for everything and I can start playing it now

Has anyone seen info on whether The Collection will include everything on disc or if it will just be a vanilla disc with vouchers?

Last year they did Vanilla disc+ codes no reason to think they are going to do otherwise this year.
I saw a press release on some site yesterday that said the Collection would be the disc with two download codes. That makes the most sense.

I saw a press release on some site yesterday that said the Collection would be the disc with two download codes. That makes the most sense.
2 codes, probably 1 for DLC and 1 for the preorder gear or maybe the level 40 boost?

For the core campaign sure I think it is fun ( if you enjoy the base halo campaign for 1-3 you will enjoy the TTK story I think) I always Solo the campaigns my first run because I like to go at my own pace, and dont want my friends talking over the cutscenes , but to explore the vast majority of the content outside that campaign (especially the raids for which destiny is well known) you do need others.

That being said I think $20 is a steal for the package, but if you are going in solely for story then probably want to wait till it hits $10-15
Nice. I just finished up Halo MCC single player and working on Halo 5. I have TTK but never got around to it. You know my backlog is so large and all.

Maybe I will skip House of Wolves and check out TKK.

Waited a week hoped someone would PM so I could buy from amazon or BBy to use GCU but nothing ah well.

Tried to find in store at BBY none, and not worth the call to PM, so I just bought it shipped from TRU (none near by)

Thanks OP, still cheaper than buying the collection and I can play today!  :D/

bread's done
Back