Dethklok and Mastodon on tour this Fall

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey we got a thread for abunch of other tours or different bands, so why not for this one? Adult Swim presents Dethklok & Mastodon on tour this Fall with Converge and High on Fire.

10/2/09 Roseland Theater Portland, OR
10/3/09 WaMu Theater Seattle, WA
10/4/09 Orpheum Theatre Vancouver, BC
10/6/09 Big Four Building Calgary, AB
10/7/09 Shaw Conference Centre Edmonton, AB
10/9/09 Great Saltair Salt Lake City, UT
10/10/09 Fillmore Auditorium Denver, CO
10/12/09 Uptown Theater Kansas City, MO
10/13/09 The Pageant St. Louis, MO
10/14/09 Val Air Ballroom Des Moines, IA
10/16/09 Myth St. Paul, MN
10/17/09 Aragon Ballroom Chicago, IL
10/18/09 Eagle’s Auditorium Milwaukee, WI
10/20/09 LC Pavilion Columbus, OH
10/21/09 The Fillmore Detroit Detroit, MI
10/23/09 Sound Academy Toronto
10/24/09 The Fairgrounds Buffalo, NY
10/25/09 Armory Albany, NY
10/27/09 House of Blues Boston, MA
10/30/09 Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY
10/31/09 Patriot Center Washington, DC
11/1/09 Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
11/5/09 Tabernacle Atlanta, GA
11/6/09 House of Blues Myrtle Beach, SC
11/7/09 Hard Rock Live Orlando, FL
11/8/09 Pompano Beach Amphit Pompano Beach, FL
11/11/09 House of Blues Dallas, TX
11/12/09 Verizon Wireless Theater Houston, TX
11/13/09 Austin City Music Hall Austin, TX
11/14/09 Brady Theater Tulsa, OK
11/16/09 Pan American Center Las Cruces, NM
11/17/09 Mesa Amphitheater Mesa, AZ
11/18/09 House of Blues Las Vegas, NV
11/19/09 Palladium Los Angeles, CA

The presale is going on right now (password: mastoklok) and general sale begins Friday. If you never seen Dethklok live it basically works as Brendon Small and his band plays while music video a Dethklok video plays along with the music (for the most part it's new animation to go along with each song). It's cool though and in between some random bouts of small tour specific Dethklok clips made for the concert.

The last time I saw Mastodon on the Crack the Skye tour it was $30 after Ticketbastard charges. This tour is $45. Why? Is Dethklok that popular? I love Mastodon and High on Fire, but I'm having a tough time spending $45 on them when they should be $30 at most.

[quote name='tcrash247']The last time I saw Mastodon on the Crack the Skye tour it was $30 after Ticketbastard charges. This tour is $45. Why? Is Dethklok that popular? I love Mastodon and High on Fire, but I'm having a tough time spending $45 on them when they should be $30 at most.[/QUOTE]
Can't you just buy it at the box office venue? It's what I usually do and they don't charge the service fees (unless you use credit card). Plus I want to say it's not Dethklok that's making it $30 since last time they were on tour it was $20, but Mastodon themselves who are making it that much more pricey.

It sounds like a great tour but there is not Bay Area date.

The only band I'm not familiar with is Converge...Are they any good?

[quote name='bardockkun']Can't you just buy it at the box office venue? It's what I usually do and they don't charge the service fees (unless you use credit card). Plus I want to say it's not Dethklok that's making it $30 since last time they were on tour it was $20, but Mastodon themselves who are making it that much more pricey.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I virtually never buy my tickets at the box office so I'm not sure if they charge a service fee. I'll have to call them and find out.

I've seen Converge open for Mastodon before. I generally don't remember opening bands unless they are exceptional, in which case Converge was not, imo, because I do not remember anything about them.

Any show with Mastodon and High on Fire on the same bill will crush the venue. The only bad part to me is that High on Fire will only play for like 30 minutes.

[quote name='Xevious']
The only band I'm not familiar with is Converge...Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

Converge is kind of challenging, but I think they're better than Dethklok or Mastodon.

[quote name='DarthPuma']The Tulsa show is the day before my birthday, so I might just go to this, if only for Converge.[/QUOTE]
My birthday comes first then day after I got KMFDM and then day after that is Dethklok. I Just need a concert on Sunday to make this the best birthday weekend ever.

[quote name='mykevermin']$45?

That's no good. Guess I'm not going.[/QUOTE]
Mine comes up $35 without the "services charges" if you go box office.

[quote name='bardockkun']10/31/09 Patriot Center Washington, DC
[/QUOTE]

That's about a 4 hour drive from where I am in VA. A bunch of friends have been talking about going for Halloween. It would make it a memorable 10/31 that's for sure.

bread's done
Back