Deus Ex extra $10 credit from buying on release from amazon?

mr_bungle

Banned
Didn't see anything else posted about this, but I just got this in my email:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx for "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". Before the game was released we incorrectly stated that a $20 promotional credit was available for pre-ordering the game. As a result, we'd like to offer you an Amazon.com Gift Card in addition to the $10 promotional credit you've already received for ordering the game.

Here's your Gift Card information (you'll need the claim code to redeem it):

Amount: $10.00
Claim code: xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx

To use this gift card, follow the instructions here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200138510#howto

The fine print is available here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3122091

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

I just checked and I also received an e-mail with a code for a $10 gift card for the pre-order. Glad to see this as the upcoming price drop at Toys R Us had me pretty annoyed.

[quote name='Indiansfan008']I just checked and I also received an e-mail with a code for a $10 gift card for the pre-order. Glad to see this as the upcoming price drop at Toys R Us had me pretty annoyed.[/QUOTE]

Why? Games drop in price. If you want it on day 1 you pay more. Simple as that.

[quote name='SCDallas']Why? Games drop in price. If you want it on day 1 you pay more. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

+1

If price drops annoy you, you're in the business of collecting the wrong things. Stick to books or CDs.

[quote name='SCDallas']Why? Games drop in price. If you want it on day 1 you pay more. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm with you on that, maybe I'm just surprised by how quickly and how much it dropped. I'm still happy with my purchase, it's a fantastic game. I'll just show a little more restraint before I purchase Day 1!

[quote name='Indiansfan008']Yeah I'm with you on that, maybe I'm just surprised by how quickly and how much it dropped. I'm still happy with my purchase, it's a fantastic game. I'll just show a little more restraint before I purchase Day 1![/QUOTE]

or buy from a vendor that doesn't mind doing price matching!

that's sweet. that's in addition to the original 10$ promo, right? i have a screen cap of the 20$, but didn't think they'd honor it, so i passed (not solely for that, but because i needed to clear backlog before Rage, but i'd have bit on a 20$ promo).

that's sweet, though. i hope everyone that preordered actually gets that. amazon gets more respect points from me! thanks for the update, OP!

Got the email and just realized my year of free prime expired today oh well back to super saver free shipping and waiting 2 weeks.

I heart Amazon.

I had already politely requested the $20 and gotten my original $10 bumped to $20. $30 for Deus Ex on release day for the win!

[quote name='Indiansfan008']Yeah I'm with you on that, maybe I'm just surprised by how quickly and how much it dropped. I'm still happy with my purchase, it's a fantastic game. I'll just show a little more restraint before I purchase Day 1![/QUOTE]

Yeah I learned my lesson about a year ago. Games drop REAL quick now. Only games that will be day 1 are Battlefield 2 and Skyrim because.... they are WELL worth $60 and I'd be more than happy to show support to my favorite devs.

I got this email too, Deus Ex was pretty much free for me at this point since I got $20 in promo credit and sold the DLC code on ebay for $30+

Yep, just got it. Thanks for the notice OP. And thank you, Amazon, for not being like Gamestop.

Wow. They had given me the $20 credit already, but I also got the email for $10 so $30 back for an amazing game. :D

Man lately games have been dropping real quick, its kind of nice being able to pick up some decent games at a good price close to release.

Wow, I got Deus Ex for free.

$59.99-$20.00 promotion received then, -$30.00 for DLC sold on ebay - $10 giftcard received just now.

All of the summer games will probably drop in price do to the onslaught of AAA games this fall. I'm probably going to wait for $20 on Deus Ex

Yeah I got mine for more than free apparently, I sold my DLC for $48 on ebay and the guy thought it was for the game. Ended up just saying screw it and took the code.

Yeah, I got mine, too -- when they suddenly added the $10 credit, my game was already shipping -- that was the same day it was momentarily $20. So, I called to make sure I would get the credit ... so, they immediately gave me the $10. Then, surprisingly, the $10 promotion showed up -- now this. So, yeah, I got $30, too.

Not complaining.

I cannot wait to pick this game up! So happy to see games have good sales on them within a few weeks of release. I just really wish dirt 3 was one of those tittles,still waiting on a $30-$35 range for that game.

Yeah I want Dirt 3 for around $30 as well. I would buy it in a second. Deus Ex I will also buy for $35 if amazon matches. 2 games that I can't wait to play.... well I can, but i'm anxious.

I got $44.01 is credits. I was going to return and rebuy at 44.98 last week and the nice rep just issued a credit of 14.01. So all together I made 75% back and this is an awesome game.

I didnt get the credit but i got the game for 41 bucks Augmented PC Edition which im very happy with. Amazon is my number 1 stop for games now, I get sick going into Gamestop anymore unless I want to impulse buy a used game.

Also for this game, 41 bucks was well worth it to me, game is awesome and even tho pc elitists complain about the graphics, the game is smooth at max settings on my laptop.

Everyone keeps praising this game, my expectations are through the roof... that can't be good for when I actually buy this...

The DLC was selling for over $25!!! Why didn't I sell mine! The 10,000 credits is nice, but I hardly use the guns.

Oh well, $20 + $10 credits is more than enough.

[quote name='GuyManDude']The DLC was selling for over $25!!! Why didn't I sell mine! The 10,000 credits is nice, but I hardly use the guns.

Oh well, $20 + $10 credits is more than enough.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw that and was like wtf...so yeah I may sell mine. Didnt think it'd be worth anything but should be able to get at least $15 for it. And I also got $30 in credit. Thanks Amazon.

[quote name='GuyManDude']The DLC was selling for over $25!!! Why didn't I sell mine! The 10,000 credits is nice, but I hardly use the guns.

Oh well, $20 + $10 credits is more than enough.[/QUOTE]

So that's where I got all that money from! Thought I was just a subcosciously frugal beast of Detroit!

I paid for this with credit and had used all my credit buying this, 2 ethernet cables, an hdmi cable, new S&W pocket knife and Gerber multi tool, and now I get another $10 back in credit, I love amazon.

Excellent

That brings the grand total of credit up to 30 for this game.

24.99 MW3 Hardened Edition here I come

[quote name='ZForce']I got this email too, Deus Ex was pretty much free for me at this point since I got $20 in promo credit and sold the DLC code on ebay for $30+[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing... Still blows me away that people are willing to pay that price for DLC, when most of the time the game maker releases that pre-order dlc for either free or much cheaper than what they'll pay for it on ebay.

I did the same thing for my Transformers: War for Cybertron pre-order bonus and got $60 for the Shockwave (or maybe it was Soundwave), and then in turn the developer announces that they'll be releasing all the pre-order dlc for a cheap download.

[quote name='kryptonic']I did the exact same thing... Still blows me away that people are willing to pay that price for DLC, when most of the time the game maker releases that pre-order dlc for either free or much cheaper than what they'll pay for it on ebay.

I did the same thing for my Transformers: War for Cybertron pre-order bonus and got $60 for the Shockwave (or maybe it was Soundwave), and then in turn the developer announces that they'll be releasing all the pre-order dlc for a cheap download.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sold my MK Reptile skin for $61, the game itself was $57.99 with a $10 credit. Then downloaded all the classic outfits (including Reptile) for 400 points :lol:

I doubt any of you remember that Fallout NV code that you got from walmart the guy bought for $90...it was on cag lol

bread's done
Back