Deus Ex HR (PS3, 360) £9.95 ($15.59) at Zavvi!

Blabadon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (97%)
http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?searchFilters=&search=Deus+ex
For those who may have missed it recently. £0.99 shipping to the states.
I didn't check my calculations that well, but I'm too lazy to check if I'm right.
It's legitimate, but you have to make an account there. Unfortunately I ordered it for £12.95 Thursday, so I spent about $5 extra.

[quote name='j0dy77']Is this site legitimate?[/QUOTE]

yes. i order ps3, psp and some region free 360 games from there all the time.
Shipping is slow but if you can wait there are fantastic deals

Zavvi on Twitter just posted that they're going to have their biggest Mega Monday sale of the year. Can't wait to see what they have. I'll probably order Deus Ex and Alice for PS3 - they're so cheap on there already.

Wait, are both the 360 and PS3 versions free? I feel like I recall reading that the 360 version is region locked... googling, but haven't found a definitive answer yet.

The NTSC version for 360 is supposedly region free, I can't find anything on PAL though. Does anyone have a link that verifies whether the 360 is region free or not? Thanks!

does anyone know if by using visa the credit card company will charge international transactions fees?
I tried to use paypal but it doesnt work. I keep getting an error message

[quote name='DANIEL']does anyone know if by using visa the credit card company will charge international transactions fees?
I tried to use paypal but it doesnt work. I keep getting an error message[/QUOTE]
Depends on your credit card, the foreign exchange fee is very small anyway, like $1-$2. My Chase Ink CC waives international currency exchange fees.

I've ordered from Zavvi many times here with my no foreign transaction fee credit card, and I've never had any issues. I wish I had a valid 10% code to use, that they always seem to send out.

[quote name='DANIEL']does anyone know if by using visa the credit card company will charge international transactions fees?
I tried to use paypal but it doesnt work. I keep getting an error message[/QUOTE]

depends on the credit card... think chase charges the international transaction fees... capital one doesn't...

Hmmm...the £0.99 shipping kills it for me. I can wait for a NA copy to drop to around $20 I can at least trade it back in after.

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmm...the £0.99 shipping kills it for me. I can wait for a NA copy to drop to around $20 I can at least trade it back in after.[/QUOTE]

$1.50 shipping kills it for you? lol

so after currency calculations plus the 0.99 pounds shipping.
it comes out to $17 USD. not bad

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcthatch']FYI, when I ordered this it came as the UK limited edition with an extra mission, guns and other stuff.[/QUOTE]

You got that! Damn! Lucky!

Every credit and debit card I have charge a 3% foreign transaction fee. It's not a whole lot but still a factor. I tried to checkout on their sister site thehut.com with PayPal a couple days ago and got an error as well. I was trying to avoid the fee. But I snagged a new copy of The Orange Box on PS3 for £9.93. Well worth paying a transaction fee for that.

[quote name='jsivley'] I snagged a new copy of The Orange Box on PS3 for £9.93. Well worth paying a transaction fee for that.[/QUOTE]

Why is the Orange Box still so expensive on the Ps3?

[quote name='DEADCiTiES']Why is the Orange Box still so expensive on the Ps3?[/QUOTE]

No idea, it is by far the worst of the 2 console ports as it wasn't even done by valve. EA threw it together and didn't care about quality control.

Keep in mind that DLC is region-locked. PS3 games are not, but DLC and PSN stores are. You won't be able to buy The Missing Link and any future DLC from the US PSN store and have it work with the game from the UK.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Keep in mind that DLC is region-locked. PS3 games are not, but DLC and PSN stores are. You won't be able to buy The Missing Link and any future DLC from the US PSN store and have it work with the game from the UK.[/QUOTE]

Damn, was about to place an order too.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Keep in mind that DLC is region-locked. PS3 games are not, but DLC and PSN stores are. You won't be able to buy The Missing Link and any future DLC from the US PSN store and have it work with the game from the UK.[/QUOTE]
so u cannot make a uk psn account and buy the dlc ?

[quote name='rpg']so u cannot make a uk psn account and buy the dlc ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% certain but I think this could work. However you can't attach an American credit card to a UK, EU, JP, etc account. So you'd need to buy a UK PSN pre-paid card online in order to make the purchase.

Anyone pay with Paypal? If so do you know how much was any fee for exchange rate?

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']I'm not 100% certain but I think this could work. However you can't attach an American credit card to a UK, EU, JP, etc account. So you'd need to buy a UK PSN pre-paid card online in order to make the purchase.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you can but you need to pay UK prices for it as well which is a few dollars more in most cases.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']I'm not 100% certain but I think this could work. However you can't attach an American credit card to a UK, EU, JP, etc account. So you'd need to buy a UK PSN pre-paid card online in order to make the purchase.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you can but you need to pay UK prices for it as well which is a few dollars more in most cases.

To be fair, The Missing Link is bland, boring, and doesn't deserve anyone's money at full price.

dannng they dropped the prices on el shaddai and child of eden too. glad i waited =D
i have a 5gbp off an order of 45gbp or more so lets see what else i can get..

bread's done
Back