Devil May Cry 3 $29.99 , Beat Down: FoV $19.99 @GS!

stf3

CAGiversary!
Did the price changes today at my store. Devil May Cry 3 (PS2) is now 29.99 and Beat Down: Fits of Vengenance is now 19.99 for both Xbox and Ps2. As far as I can tell this is in-store only for now as the website has not been updated.

Beat down is horriable I love fighting games...but this one is slow and boring..capcom you can do better than this game. I really wanted to like it.. Stay away people waste of anything over $2

Yeah, I haven't played anything more than the demo on Beatdown but it sounds borderline unplayable. Anyone have any good opinions of it? I really was hoping that this and Urban Reign would be really good. UR seems to be a bit better, but not what I was hoping for. I may consider Beatdown at $10, but given my backlog, I'll probably just pass.

Nice price on DMC 3, but I have waited this long I think I will just wait for the special edition instead. Since the SE is suppose to have new character story and stuff.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']That was a quick drop on Beat Down: FoV.[/QUOTE]

An average review of 47% (in the red zone) at Metacritic.com might shed some light on the reasons for the quick drop. The Warriors (87% on MC) definitely sounds like the way to go in this genre of games. (I have yet to try it myself, though)

Has there been confirmation that the SE is coming Stateside?

If not, while 30 is certainly a better price, I have waited this long to buy it. I will wait for 20, so I can get it for 15 @ BB. :)

[quote name='chickenhawk']Yeah, I haven't played anything more than the demo on Beatdown but it sounds borderline unplayable. Anyone have any good opinions of it? I really was hoping that this and Urban Reign would be really good. UR seems to be a bit better, but not what I was hoping for. I may consider Beatdown at $10, but given my backlog, I'll probably just pass.[/QUOTE]
I'll probably pick up Beatdown when its on clearance sometime but Urban Reign is pretty decent. The biggest thing against it is that its missing Co-Op until you beat the game and unlock Challenge mode. The Multiplayer is a blast though, especially if you have a multitap.

[quote name='bboynujen']what is this special edition you speak of?[/QUOTE]
Indeed, someone needs to break out details of what the special edition is.

[quote name='shrike4242']Indeed, someone needs to break out details of what the special edition is.[/QUOTE]

the special edition is only schedule to come out in Japan for now. It basically lets you play the game from Vergil's point of view. Kind of like Ada in the RE4 PS2 version. There is also a new harder difficulty level, and some other bonus content. It was featured in last months EGM magazine I believe.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil3_se/

there are some screenshots there of the gameplay as Vergil

i regrettably bought beatdown as an impulse buy. that taught my no impulse buhys anymore. its a pathetic excuse for a beat em up. stick to the warriors or DW if you want to fist fight or hack n slash.

Eb.com has it for 5 dollars less at 24.99, so maybe the OP can change the thread title to reflect that.

[quote name='nogard']Since the SE is suppose to have new character story and stuff.[/QUOTE]

I think they added Dante as a playable character. No, wait, that's every other game ever made.

Is DMC3 gonna remain a regular title for much longer? I'd figure by now it was getting close to GH time. Guess I'll wait it out some more on this title.

bread's done
Back