Devil May Cry 4 - DEMO Jan 24th 2008 - What platform are you getting it on?

Kendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
I am torn on this. I have both a PS3 and a 360. I don't care about Gamerscore, but I love hearing the ding. I really don't like either controller more than the other. I think I would play it more on my 360 due to the fact that I am addicted to my Xbox tha Blogs!

Anyone else in this perdicament? What are your deciding factors?

Demo is coming this week! Thursday, January 24th should be full of awesome!

I'm picking up the PC version, but honestly, I think the best option is to wait for the reviews if you're torn between the 360 and PS3 version. The only significant differences are going to be graphical, and it's pretty difficult to say which comes out on top as far as that goes until people actually have the game in hand.

[quote name='mykevermin']I try not to buy multiplatform games on the 360 anymore.[/quote]

im the opposite...once exclusive titles for the PS3 start rolling in that I want I will have the PS3 for those but everything else will be on the 360...mostly due to the fact that I am not a fan of the analog sticks on Sony's controller

How could you possibly know at this point? When it comes out, we'll see which one has the better frame rate, and you can judge accordingly.

And then of course, there's the almighty question: which one can you find a sale for come launch?

I'm waiting on reviews before I decide on the 360 or PS3 version. I'm leaning towards the PS3 version at the moment though b/c my 360 has been freezing a lot on me for the past few months which gets really annoying.

If the PC version is delayed, I'll get the 360 version, then the PC version on its launch day.

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE, but I could easily go the other way if there was compelling reason. At this time, there's none that I'm aware of other than gamerscore and I'm also not totally motivated by gamerscore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows

No load times=win.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Of course there's no load times. You have to install the game first ;)[/quote]

Heh, yeah I think he meant to say "No load times after the initial half hour load time = win"

[quote name='javeryh']360 - Achievements FTW![/quote]

PS3 version has achievements.

I'm going with the PS3 version. 360 = Multiplayer multiplatform games. PS3 = Single Player multiplatform games.

I dunno, waiting on reviews and I want to see what resolutions it supports. My olde-ass 360 doesn't have an HDMI port and my TV is limited to 1080i via component cables.

I love that everybody insist that there will be no loading times on the PS3 because of the installation yet PC games have been installed on hard drives for years and they still have load times. People don't realize that when a game loads it doesn't just move data from the disc to the ram it has to process all of the information and build the scenery, calculate the lighting, render the shadows, apply the color filters, calculate the AI in reference to the current surroundings, etc. There will still be loading times, there will always be loading times on a game of this scope, just shorter and less frequent. Besides based on the PS3's specs, specificaly the RAM, I'd Imagine that the initial loading time for the game will actually be close to that of the 360, the incedental loading is were we will see a difference.

[quote name='peteloaf']I love that everybody insist that there will be no loading times on the PS3 because of the installation yet PC games have been installed on hard drives for years and they still have load times. People don't realize that when a game loads it doesn't just move data from the disc to the ram it has to process all of the information and build the scenery, calculate the lighting, render the shadows, apply the color filters, calculate the AI in reference to the current surroundings, etc. There will still be loading times, there will always be loading times on a game of this scope, just shorter and less frequent. Besides based on the PS3's specs, specificaly the RAM, I'd Imagine that the initial loading time for the game will actually be close to that of the 360, the incedental loading is were we will see a difference.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the slower reading speed of the PS3's BR drive in comparison to the 360's DVD drive.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm picking up the PC version, but honestly, I think the best option is to wait for the reviews if you're torn between the 360 and PS3 version. The only significant differences are going to be graphical, and it's pretty difficult to say which comes out on top as far as that goes until people actually have the game in hand.[/quote]

I think I am going to GameFly it. I have some GameFly Dollas I need to get rid of and I could just rent them both, play both and send the inferrior one back and "keep it" the other one. I wish the reviews would come out already! We are a couple weeks away and nothing. Oh well.

This game is not a buy for me. I am planning on renting so availability is important. I would like to get achievements though . . .

Good question OP. I have a nice comfy new leather club chair with a matching ottoman that's as soft and supple as a seniors breast so load times don't bother me, especially if there is only a marginal difference in load times.

If I were going to buy and definitely was going after all the achievements then 360, since I am renting (unless I love it) probably PS3 since it is the least in demand near me and probably the most plentiful.

[quote name='zewone']Not to mention the slower reading speed of the PS3's BR drive in comparison to the 360's DVD drive.[/quote]

I thought the install was to compensate for that. Should be the same then aside from losing 5gb.

Anyways I will probably get the 360 unless the PS3 shows that it is alot better. No point in wasting that HD space if I don't need to.

[quote name='peteloaf']I love that everybody insist that there will be no loading times on the PS3 because of the installation yet PC games have been installed on hard drives for years and they still have load times. People don't realize that when a game loads it doesn't just move data from the disc to the ram it has to process all of the information and build the scenery, calculate the lighting, render the shadows, apply the color filters, calculate the AI in reference to the current surroundings, etc. There will still be loading times, there will always be loading times on a game of this scope, just shorter and less frequent. Besides based on the PS3's specs, specificaly the RAM, I'd Imagine that the initial loading time for the game will actually be close to that of the 360, the incedental loading is were we will see a difference.[/QUOTE]
Numerous places have already confirmed it like 1up, IGN, and Famitsu. The PS3's install eliminates the short load times between areas. Much like Heavenly Sword and Uncharted, once you start playing there's zero loading.

Anyway, I'm getting it for the PS3. No load times, achievements, and I like the controller better.

I've heard the PS3 version has 5.1 support (also uncompressed audio), while the 360 version does not. Anyone know?

[quote name='underliness']I thought the install was to compensate for that. Should be the same then aside from losing 5gb.

Anyways I will probably get the 360 unless the PS3 shows that it is alot better. No point in wasting that HD space if I don't need to.[/QUOTE]
Well yes, but even with the install I'm sure there is still streaming from the disc.

[quote name='zewone']Well yes, but even with the install I'm sure there is still streaming from the disc.[/quote]

Especialy if the game uses uncompressed audio...

bread's done
Back