Dexter - Season 7 (Blu-Ray) $29.99 at Fry's

Luriden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
694 (100%)
http://www.frys.com/product/7616747?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The Blu-Ray comes out this Tuesday. It's only $5 more than the DVD version. This is the cheapest I've seen it, and probably the cheapest it'll be for awhile (Amazon wants $35 for the DVD). They offer $2.99 Ultra Saver shipping, which isn't too bad. I submitted it to Amazon for price-matching since I'd like to use my Prime, but since it ships tomorrow, I doubt they'll price match it in time for me to move my order to Amazon.

This was my favorite season so far. Can't wait for the final season premiere next month!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Capocci 007']It's $29.99 at Best Buy and will be soon at Amazon once they price match Best Buy prices like they do for every release.[/QUOTE]

Blarg, I didn't realize Best Buy had it for $30 as well. I work next-door to one, I could have saved on shipping. Best Buy just seemed like the last place I'd look for a cheap new release Blu-Ray, let alone a TV season. Oh well, Fry's has already charged me so I can't cancel my order. They didn't charge my tax so I guess it's the same difference.

[quote name='Luriden']Blarg, I didn't realize Best Buy had it for $30 as well. I work next-door to one, I could have saved on shipping. Best Buy just seemed like the last place I'd look for a cheap new release Blu-Ray, let alone a TV season. Oh well, Fry's has already charged me so I can't cancel my order. They didn't charge my tax so I guess it's the same difference.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy usually has the cheapest new Blu-Ray releases on the release week, for TV shows at least.

If you are buying it before seeing it one thing to keep in mind is on the Season 6 blu-ray showtime were assholes and put an unskipable promo for season 7 when you put the disc in which spoiled the ending of season 6. I am not saying they are definitely going to do that again, but there is the chance. So if you didn't watch it when it was broadcast, it would probably be a good idea to put the disc in, turn the sound down, and then walk away for awhile just to make sure there are no unskipable season 8 promos.

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you are buying it before seeing it one thing to keep in mind is on the Season 6 blu-ray showtime were assholes and put an unskipable promo for season 7 when you put the disc in which spoiled the ending of season 6. I am not saying they are definitely going to do that again, but there is the chance. So if you didn't watch it when it was broadcast, it would probably be a good idea to put the disc in, turn the sound down, and then walk away for awhile just to make sure there are no unskipable season 8 promos.[/QUOTE]

Wow, watching season 6 on Blu-Ray was my first time watching it and I didn't run into that problem. This was when it was first released though, maybe it's a BD-Live feature. By default though I usually skip past the menus and trailers to be safe. Even the clips that play during the menus are pushing it.

I will agree that Showtime are assholes. My introduction to the season 6 finale, which was well before I had a chance to even watch the season 6 premiere, came in the form of a Facebook advertisement for the season 7 premiere.

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you are buying it before seeing it one thing to keep in mind is on the Season 6 blu-ray showtime were assholes and put an unskipable promo for season 7 when you put the disc in which spoiled the ending of season 6. I am not saying they are definitely going to do that again, but there is the chance. So if you didn't watch it when it was broadcast, it would probably be a good idea to put the disc in, turn the sound down, and then walk away for awhile just to make sure there are no unskipable season 8 promos.[/QUOTE]

I just finished season 6 last night and was pretty pissed about the Showtime promo spoiling the finale

Yep....Amazon has it for $29.99 now. Probably still buy it at Best Buy since they have the spend $50 in tv shows get a $10 gift card deal this week.

I have mine coming in today from Amazon but just out of curiosity for people that have already watched season 7, how does it compare to the rest of the seasons? I have heard nothing but good stuff about it and people have told me that the season finale is AMAZING but I always enjoy hearing more opinions.

[quote name='Deman93']I have mine coming in today from Amazon but just out of curiosity for people that have already watched season 7, how does it compare to the rest of the seasons? I have heard nothing but good stuff about it and people have told me that the season finale is AMAZING but I always enjoy hearing more opinions.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's season 4 level good, maybe closer to season 5, but it's definitely good.

[quote name='Deman93']I have mine coming in today from Amazon but just out of curiosity for people that have already watched season 7, how does it compare to the rest of the seasons? I have heard nothing but good stuff about it and people have told me that the season finale is AMAZING but I always enjoy hearing more opinions.[/QUOTE]
I would disagree and say that it is better than season 4. The villain and ending of Season 4 were compelling, but many other elements and side plots were lackluster. In season 7, none of it is wasted, from back to front, everyone gives their A-game. The subplots are better integrated instead of just being extraneous side stories to keep the rest of the ensemble busy, almost all of them have some bearing on the main plot. I would say it is the second or third best season.

Nice price, but given the fact I'm broke & I was not the biggest fan of 7, I'll be waiting to pick it up later down the line. As for how I compare the season, I'd say it's slightly above 5 & 6, but not anywhere near as good as any of the first 4 seasons.

7 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 6

Of course it's different for everyone. I know a big fan who would rank those vice versa from how I would.

There's not a single aspect of this season I prefer, it just rocks overall. The acting is great, they introduce characters that are likable (even the villain, to an extent) and it's exciting for the first time since season 4. And as guardian_owl said, filler and useless side-stories are minimal. Dexter is stuck in a risky situation with a high probability of getting caught, then they take a sudden break to show you who Quinn is banging at the moment? Not so much in this season.

And yes, the finale rocks, as well as the premiere. It has one of the most exciting season premieres I've ever seen, and iirc it broke rating records for Showtime too.

Wow, I didn't realize season 7 was coming out this early. I usually have to wait till the end of summer to grab and watch this. Going to grab it from Best Buy. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ARsignal11']Wow, I didn't realize season 7 was coming out this early. I usually have to wait till the end of summer to grab and watch this. Going to grab it from Best Buy. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
It's releasing earlier because Dexter's Final season is premiering early, at the end of June. Rather than waiting and pairing it again with Homeland, they are going to use Dexter in June to launch a new show, then they will use Homeland in Septemberish to launch another new show.

I imagine they are also trying to pull a page out of the AMC playbook, airing the latter half of the show and the finale near the time of Emmy voting, to serve dual-purpose as "for your consideration" advertisement for Season 7 to boost the chance of Emmy gold.

bread's done
Back