Dexter - The Video Game...WTF?!

joe2187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)

Darkly Gaming Dexter

Showtime's conflicted serial killer coming to a platform near you.

by Jeremy Dunham

March 3, 2008 - Tomorrow, Showtime Networks and Marc Ecko Entertainment will announce that they have partnered up to create an all-new videogame based on the popular award-winning show, Dexter. Though a specific development team has yet to be named, Ecko Entertainment has said that it will work closely with Showtime to keep the game as faithful to the television show as possible.

"Dexter is the extremely rare TV show with enough layers of action and tension to translate perfectly into a compelling videogame," said Marc Fernandez, Vice President of Marc Ecko Entertainment. "Our game designers, writers, and artists are going to give Dexter's morally complex world the kind of interactivity that gamers will love."

A favorite show among several editors at the IGN offices, and winner of our award for Best Television Show of 2007, Dexter tells the story of title character Dexter Morgan -- a blood spatter expert in the Miami police department who moonlights as a serial killer who hunts down and dispatches other murderers.

Admit it -- you're humming the theme song right now.
The series, which has also won Emmy and AFI awards, is based on author Jeff Lindsay's series of books that have seen three novels so far: Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter, and Dexter in the Dark.

Plot details, developer info (it isn't Human Head, which is working with Marc Ecko Entertainment on a separate project) and gameplay specifics are expected to appear over the next several months.

A release date and specific platforms have not yet been confirmed.

....No...This is just wrong, NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS A DAMN VIDEO GAME!!!

Dexter is an awesome show. Surpassed Entourage this season. I'll maybe give this game a rent.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Just gonna say, half your post is fuckin' jibberish.

2nd, Dexter is an awesome show. Surpassed Entourage this season. I'll maybe give this game a rent.[/quote]

I fixed it, i crossed some links together and it turned into a giant spam-field.

2nd, I am a humongous fan of the show and it hurts to see a smart well written show tarnished by crap like mediocre spin off's

Someone hasn't played Indigo Prophecy. Slap Dexter cast skins on everyone and you almost have the job 55% done and that's a great game.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Someone hasn't played Indigo Prophecy. Slap Dexter cast skins on everyone and you almost have the job 55% done and that's a great game.[/quote]

Indigo prophecy was a great game if you excuse the atrocious Matrix rip-off about halfway through the game.

obviously, i'm a huge dexter fan... but, i can't help thinking that this game can only come off poorly. i don't know that it could even be better than saw.

[quote name='joe2187']Indigo prophecy was a great game if you excuse the atrocious Matrix rip-off about halfway through the game.[/QUOTE] Up until the third act. But anyways I'm just saying that it can be done. By the who made Getting Up, hell no!

I also enjoyed Dexter more than any other show over the past year... but like games based off of good shows before it (such as The Shield, 24, and Im sure Lost too).... I dont have high hopes for the game

People have to learn that things that are cool to watch or read dont always make good games. I love the show and am got all three of the books which I am reading now but I will not even try a game made about it. Asstastic is all it can be.

This COULD be quality. Imagine if the blood-spatter crime scene stuff was handled sort of like the forensics in Condemned, the abducting of your victims Hitman-esque, but more gritty and small-scale, and the interactions with other people with a branching dialouge tree, Mass Effect-y system.

Not that any of that will happen.

bread's done
Back