Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

I am willing to carry any CAGs on T3-4 rifts or farm higher torments with whoever is capable.

2 Rules:

1. For carries, you open rifts. I don't have any fragments :(

2. No PetWD. Unless your Fetish are hitting for 20-60m like mine, in which case I'd run Jade.(I hate running the Jade spec)

Feel free to add me

Lovepig78#1374

It's nice to know Blizzard doesn't give 2 shits about the audience that made them what they are.  But I guess that was already evident by the delay for Loot 2.0 on PC.

New patch came out today. Notable changes are

Increased drop rates of set items

Legendary mats no longer drop, crafting will now use death breaths

fuck yes to the crafting changes. So happy I don't need to grind out stupid legendary mats.
Some of them were ridiculous to get. Like the one that's a rare drop in Whimseyshire which itself is a pain in the ass to get to because that fucking gibbering gemstone you need to make that staff never drops even though they claimed to patch Chiltara appearing at a higher rate.

Some of them were ridiculous to get. Like the one that's a rare drop in Whimseyshire which itself is a pain in the ass to get to because that fucking gibbering gemstone you need to make that staff never drops even though they claimed to patch Chiltara appearing at a higher rate.
Seriously. I cant count how many hours I spent trying to farm the Gibbering Gemstone only to find out the drop rate on it was bugged. Then they said they fixed it, so I probably sunk another 6-8 hours into farming it only to still get nothing.

I had collected 16 Adventurer's Journals but the plans for Penders Purchase never dropped. Then yesterday the freaking plans dropped about 2 minutes into my first game after applying the patch. I almost sold the plans with the materials out of protest.

It's worth noting that the former legendary crafting mats sell for a few hundred thousand gold.

I made 2.5mil gold yesterday by clearing out my trash.

:whee:

Discussion point: now that you've got free reign to craft new gear, how are you approaching things? Crafting set items or just pimping up some alts? I've got loads of recipes and not much idea how to use them.

It's worth noting that the former legendary crafting mats sell for a few hundred thousand gold.

Discussion point: now that you've got free reign to craft new gear, how are you approaching things? Crafting set items or just pimping up some alts? I've got loads of recipes and not much idea how to use them.
most everything i'm after are drops, so i have a hard time remembering the recipes are even there. that said, i suck at selecting good skills & gear combos, so any advice on this would be much appreciated by me, as well.

One man's trash....

It's limited by Forgotten Souls still, which I don't have a sizable surplus of.

Most of the crafted stuff is unremarkable. Weapons could be useful for a fresh 70... but weapons drop often.

A couple of the sets are worth consideration... I farmed up mats for Captain Crimsons before the Anniversary Buff :wall: .... Some of those crafted set bonuses are nice, but you'll probably want to plan them around your other gear/set pieces... and have a Ring of Royal Grandeur.

Captain Crimsons and Aughilds all day. Only two sets I bother crafting (well, aside from Cains on lowbies for leveling purposes).

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone sees me on I'd be willing to run with anyone.  Running a WD pet build right now.  Not much gear for it as I just started running torment.  Name is Shazo.

YoloMouse has been working nicely for me.

HellYeah_findingsetitems.jpg

[quote name="asheskitty" post="11844803" timestamp="1402854772"]YoloMouse has been working nicely for me.

HellYeah_findingsetitems.jpg
[/quote]

I wish I could get set drops so I could have the opportunity to be disappointed. I am disappointed I don't currently get the chance to be disappointed.

And Yolomouse works well for me, too. I can't tell you how often I lose that stupid pointer.

Hopefully 2.1 won't stay on PTR too long, it will be a great day for monks with dex = armor change. My build is so messed up with 47k sheet damage because I have to use str but it works for most mobs in T6 and experience is pretty fast in a group.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/daykain-1686/Daykain/43078591

Also if anyone wants to group up, just let me know. I am decently geared on 3 classes now.

Not quite "on topic" for game discussion, but I highly recommend picking up the new Diablo figure.  Its pretty badass looking in person.  Its $25, but being about 10 inches tall, 25pt articulation and having a 12 inch tail that is fully poseable, it definitely seems worth the $25.

Not quite "on topic" for game discussion, but I highly recommend picking up the new Diablo figure. Its pretty badass looking in person. Its $25, but being about 10 inches tall, 25pt articulation and having a 12 inch tail that is fully poseable, it definitely seems worth the $25.
And probably more fun to play with than the actual game!

ZING!

I played a bit of the PTR and imo 2.1 won't be out for a while. My guess is late August at the earliest.

2.1 PTR has been a disaster. Legendary gems are bugged, class balances are horrible, seasons aren't even available yet, greater rifts needs to be balanced and probably more that I didn't noticed.

So, just like every D3 update release. Again, what's the hold up?

Good to know. Thanks.

Hey guys, if anyone wants to play diablo my battle tag is Devilsarm#1807 add me, I play an archon wizard in T4 and then have a witch doctor and monk in lower tiers like T1-2, I also level other characters too

I played a bit of the PTR and imo 2.1 won't be out for a while. My guess is late August at the earliest.

2.1 PTR has been a disaster. Legendary gems are bugged, class balances are horrible, seasons aren't even available yet, greater rifts needs to be balanced and probably more that I didn't noticed.
Considering what 2.1 is adding: Seasons, New Legendaries, Major class tweaks...

Is it really that much of a surprise that it won't be out for a while? Kind of thought that would've been inherently obvious. Guess not.

According to people at gamescom, the game director of D3 said the developers are aiming for a September release for 2.1, with a possibility of it coming out at the end of the month. 

Blizzard has also started posting preview blogs of 2.1.

Not sure how many still read this thread but trying to gauge interest in leg/gold CAG groups late tonight and tomorrow night. I should be able to help carry if we did t4-t5. How many CAG intend to play more regularly when 2.1 comes out?

[quote name="Daykain" post="12012664" timestamp="1408146495"]Not sure how many still read this thread but trying to gauge interest in leg/gold CAG groups late tonight and tomorrow night. I should be able to help carry if we did t4-t5. How many CAG intend to play more regularly when 2.1 comes out?[/quote]

I'm on nearly everyday: early mornings (6:30am or so) and late evenings (10pm or so) during the week (eastern time); sporadically on the weekends. Hit me up when you see me. I'd be more than happy to group with you. No one from CAG seems to be on anymore :(

I'm good thru T5 in co-op (T6 is a little slower than I'd like). I can also carry to lvl70.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free (bubzers#1438).

I'll be playing a lot more when 2.1 hits. I haven't touched it otherwise in probably like two months. Once they add ladders/seasons I'll actually have a reason to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9HaHbvr6M

Around 2:45 Blizzard's Production Director John Hight says 2.1 will be releasing later this month. Assuming he isn't bsing I'm guessing August 26th since its the last Tuesday of the month.

To celebrate the impending release of 2.1.0, there will be a +50% Gold Find buff this weekend.

O84P81JL7U7P1408657047760.jpg

Our first major content update for Reaper of Souls is almost here! In preparation for patch 2.1.0 and the new content it brings—including Seasons, Greater Rifts, and the mysterious Vault—all players who log into Diablo III this weekend on Windows or Mac will receive a +50% bonus to Gold Find.

This bonus Gold Find period begins in the Americas region tomorrow, August 22, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Tuesday, August 26, at 3:00 a.m. PDT (when maintenance begins). Please note that this buff will stack multiplicatively with existing bonuses including those provided from items and Paragon points.

Thank you so much for your feedback, your patronage, and for being a part of our community. We hope you have fun this weekend, and we'll see you in patch 2.1.0!

*The buff is only available on Windows and Mac, but it will apply to all heroes—including those on accounts without Reaper of Souls enabled.

bread's done
Back