Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='SEH']Oh, you mean like how it was planned for a Q4 2011 release? Or like it was planned for a Q1 2012 release? This game will never come out until they get over their OCD and decide to stop changing something every single day.[/QUOTE]

Or how some people are negative clowns whose sole purpose in life is to shed negative light on everything? Yeah, sort of like that. This is the first time I have seen anything out of anyone at Blizzard that even remotely suggests a release date. Everything else thus far has been speculation based off of retailer hype and suggestions that they hoped (note that word, it wasn't in any fiscal planning) to have it out on Q4. It was never planned for that. If you are releasing that information to investors and are willfully lying as a public firm, there are consequences.

Then again, ignore that they would be leading investors astray and maybe get a big SEC fine for releasing that information to the public at large who may purchase Activision stock. But hey, thanks for being Mr. Negative anyway.

meh.

i know a lot of you guys aren't in the beta but it really turned me off to the whole thing ESPECIALLY with grim dawn on the horizon and path of exile in the immediate future.

[quote name='jmbreci']Or how some people are negative clowns whose sole purpose in life is to shed negative light on everything? Yeah, sort of like that. This is the first time I have seen anything out of anyone at Blizzard that even remotely suggests a release date. Everything else thus far has been speculation based off of retailer hype and suggestions that they hoped (note that word, it wasn't in any fiscal planning) to have it out on Q4. It was never planned for that. If you are releasing that information to investors and are willfully lying as a public firm, there are consequences.

Then again, ignore that they would be leading investors astray and maybe get a big SEC fine for releasing that information to the public at large who may purchase Activision stock. But hey, thanks for being Mr. Negative anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm being negative because I'm skeptical about yet another so called release window put out regarding D3? Alrighty then.

This is the first time I have every heard of a Blizzard game being pushed back. Usually all I hear is it will be ready when it is ready. When I do see a date then it is that date. This time in January I read that it was pushed from quarter 4 of last year to the first one of this year. I had no clue it was to even come out last year till I read it was pushed back. Now I saw on my phone last night that it was pushed to some time in quarter 2 and that it might be June.

Some of the stuff that is not a big issue I don't see why they can not just update the game to fix. This quarter 2 is it from Blizzard or is it just what stores are puting out?

This is directly from Blizzard, but to be completely honest, they have never announced a real specific date. It's just been Q4 2011, Q1 2012 and now Q2 2012. They push games back all the time when trying to hit certain quarters but they don't announce a specific date until they know they're hitting that date.

I guess in the past I have just never looked up to see what time frames they were talking about. With SC II and the WOW expansions when I read what quarter it was coming out in thats when it came out other than that it was just it will be ready when it is ready. I guess I have just been keeping up with this more than their other games.

[quote name='sendme']This is the first time I have every heard of a Blizzard game being pushed back.... [/QUOTE]

What about Starcraft Ghost?

I would LOVE a june release. I'm one who this is probably the only game that would fight for a position on the leaderboard, in this case ladder. This way I wouldn't have to fail a semester's worth of classes instead haha.

Anticipation is a killer, has been for years. I would rather have a perfect game at release though instead of the shit that normally comes out lately. People everywhere keep saying just patch the fixes in. Most games die a horrible death if it comes out to have problems from the get go.

[quote name='crystalklear64']meh.

i know a lot of you guys aren't in the beta but it really turned me off to the whole thing ESPECIALLY with grim dawn on the horizon and path of exile in the immediate future.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. never heard of Grim Dawn. I do know of Titan Quest and I like it so this will fall right in line since they are using the engine. I will be buying this game too.

Gamestop is still taking Preorders on the CE, they were going upwards of 300.00 at the beginning of January on Ebay. Also I scored the D2 CE for 10.51 shipped of ebay...Any CAG D2 leagues going :)

I never thought I'd say it, but I've pretty much lost all interest in D3. Not only have they delayed the shit out of the game, but now they're removing stuff. Great job Acti-Blizz.

....and they are still charing 60 for it...

after removing a couple game mechanics, pvp.... and the skills are even kinda dull... I don't know if I'm that into it anymore.

I should contact amazon and have them switch up my credit to something else that I need to pre-order, like GW2.

It's going to take a lot to get me to not care about Diablo 3, but it is pretty surprising that they're taking pvp out since they've repeatedly said it's just a side thing to do and they're not doing anything to balance it. Doesn't seem like it would take much to just throw the arena in there like they said.

So is the only pvp going to be arena or can you gank in the world like D2? If all they're removing is arenas then I couldn't care less. Booooooooooring.

[quote name='Jodou']So is the only pvp going to be arena or can you gank in the world like D2? If all they're removing is arenas then I couldn't care less. Booooooooooring.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they were ever going to put ganking in the game.... PVP arena WAS the only player vs player bit.....

[quote name='xycury']I don't think they were ever going to put ganking in the game.... PVP arena WAS the only player vs player bit.....[/QUOTE]
Cool. Guess I'll just play the MP campaign for a bit and shelf it. I remember pvping on my Windyzon back in the day when you could still fire those seeker arrows and just kill anyone off the screen you wanted lol. These type of games aren't really that good for PvP anyway.

I lost interest in D3 since 2006... I may still get it if a friend buys me it or its on sale for like 5 bucks, but knowing blizzard, it wont hit that low for a while. Besides, plenty of diablo like games that have good gameplay; just wished torchlight was multiplay.

Yep, knew an announcement was coming this week or next but I really thought April was the month. Oh well, two months will give me time to get through the last of my holiday titles outstanding and bid farewell to TORtanic. Very excite!

I guess this means I have 2 months to get Mass Effect 3 and Skyward Sword finished, because if D2 was any indicator, I'll be pretty much locked into D3 for a few years.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I guess this means I have 2 months to get Mass Effect 3 and Skyward Sword finished, because if D2 was any indicator, I'll be pretty much locked into D3 for a few years.[/QUOTE]

^^^ Pretty much this. Any games that I'm playing or going to play need to be wrapped up by May 15th or they might not get finished.

I knew they'd give us a 2 month notice. My only dilemma now is deciding whether I want to take off just the 15th or the entire week.

And I'm on my Summer Holidays then when I get back from University. Looks like I found something to play over the summer :D

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Not that I have a doubt that machine can run this, has anyone seen some system requirements?[/QUOTE]

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows

Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband* Internet connection
1024x748 minimum resolution

Mac

Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
Intel® Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
2 GB RAM
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband* Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution

* Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connection. Wireless results may vary.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows

Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac

Mac® OS X 10.7.x or newer
Intel® Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

Good ole Blizzard supporting ~2004 level machines.

Its honestly going to come down to my friends. I have 0 hype for this, but I have a pretty set group of friends for online games and if they decide they want to play, I'll be along for the ride : /

[quote name='Josh5890']We'll see who is laughing when I pick this up at Amazon in July ;)[/QUOTE]

Or the CE at Target clearance for $25 like the Starcraft 2 one. ;)

[quote name='Josh5890']We'll see who is laughing when I pick this up at Amazon in July ;)[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. My buddy has been looking to get Star Craft 2 for cheap and it's still $50-$60, though he doesn't look that hard and isn't a CAG.

Not sure about co-op but the pvp will not be at launch. I never did pvp in 2 so I'm not sure how much i care about the pvp. I just keep getting this feeling that I will end up going back to Diablo 2.

Maybe so ... just remember though diablo 2 still costs like 30$ in stores how many years later? :D

I'm hyped, I mean the game may have taken forever but lets face it, what will be a great game is a great game.

[quote name='sendme']Not sure about co-op but the pvp will not be at launch. I never did pvp in 2 so I'm not sure how much i care about the pvp. I just keep getting this feeling that I will end up going back to Diablo 2.[/QUOTE]

Co-op will be in it, it is in beta and works great. Though I will be honest I'm one the edge of what interface I like best. Diablo 2 had the server lists you could choose from, but you never really knew at what point in the game that they were at. While this one finds the specific quests you want to start at pretty quickly. hmmmm

bread's done
Back